MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE - March 2019

Options

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    15123 steps
    Calories have been all over the place. I cannot seem to get it under control at the time. It's hard to have a family meal when I have to eat by meal prep to keep from overeating. However if that is what it takes then that is what it takes. I'll sit and stare while they eat. Mwahahaha.
    And of course coffee intake could be better. Then again it could always be better, IT'S COFFEE!!!
    Have i said I like coffee?
    Good night all, remember be blessed or be a blessing.
  • dee_toronto
    dee_toronto Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Friday check in:
    Calories: over
    Water: on track
    Exercise: 30 mins tabata, 3200 steps
    Tomorrow: no binge eating in front of the tv
  • dee_toronto
    Options
    Enjoy Paris @tess5036 🗼!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Friday Check-In
    Food: on plan
    Water: on track
    Exercise: 50 min platform stepping, stretching session

Steps for 03/15 - 11,927

Saturday Plans
    - Food on plan
    - Food shopping and prep work
    - Water - lots
    - Exercise - martial arts
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - I just want to say that this month has been so great. I see the posts from so many of us about life being busy and apologies for not posting a check in or fewer comments. Please don’t ever feel bad - this is a journey we are all on. Some days and weeks we will have more time and motivation to be posting and sharing and other times our busy lives outside of MFP need to be the focus. And that is totally okay. I just want to thank everyone for whatever time and effort you are giving to inspire and help all of us - no matter how much that it is!! Have a great weekend!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Friday Check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: I did 30 minutes on the treadmill.

This week has been so crazy at work and I have a huge list of things still to get done tomorrow. As a church ministry assistant, there is no busier time than a month before Easter. :D I told my pastor/boss that I need a raise. o:) I'm still loving my new intermittent lifestyle and learning as much as I can whenever I have a free moment. Scale was down some more this morning! B)

3/14 steps-5316

I’m so happy for you Teresa!
  • Kres567
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Calories; over and I'm not counting again until Friday as I'm off to Paris tomorrow
    Water; over
    Exercise; 1 hours spin, 30 mins BStrong, and assorted other stuff
    Tomorrow; some cardio before I leave

Steps
    14 march, 4632
    15 march 7209

I set up some Fitbit challenges if any of them fill up and you can't get on let me know and I'll set up some more

I was pumped when I saw 4 of them tonight when I logged in! Thanks Terri!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Hey group!

Sorry I've been MIA... I got nasty stomach flu over the weekend and it's taken a while to come back. Today is the first day that I've felt close to, if not completely, 100%.

I show a gain for the week, which is a little weird, but I don't think fluid retention and all that stuff is completely worked out yet. That, plus what I have been eating is heavy on the carb macros... banana, rice, bread, etc. Not my usual protein and fat routine.

Onward and upward!

I hope you are feeling better!!
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Week2
    Saturday
    P. W. 243
    C. W. 249
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Week2
    Saturday
    P. W. 240
    C. W. 237
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week2
    Saturday
    P. W. 243
    C. W. 249

Today is a new day. Start fresh! One day at a time.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Going to try to update our hike tonight. Keep on stepping, Slimpossibles! We still have lots to see and do. Keep doing those mountain climbers! ;)
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    Friday Check-In
    Food: under
    Water: over plus coffee
    Exercise:60 mins aquasize 120 mins cleaning
    today: take it easy my hernia is really bothering me today so just some walking and food prep
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Water: over
    Exercise: 60 minutes on the treadmill and some light hand weight exercises

I've had a good day so far! Got a lot of work done and planning on chilling out and watching some TV with my man. <3

Steps for 3/15-6121

• UTMom81
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Appalachian Trail Mission Slimpossibles Thru Hike Step Challenge

Distance 1.4 million steps = 700 miles on the AT

Wow, what great steppers we are! We have logged 1.4 million steps in less than two weeks which puts us well into northeast Tennessee. The crown jewel of this stretch of trail in Tennessee is the section that crosses over Roan Mountain, in a series of balds including Jane Bald, Round Bald, Little Hump Mountain and Big Hump Mountain. We walked past or maybe spent the night in one of the most famous shelters on the AT, the Overmountain Shelter, which is a huge red barn that can hold lots and lots of hikers.

8mon4qudoxtd.jpg

7vt5l67otr9y.jpg

At mile 465, we leave our third state behind us and cross the state line into Virginia. Virginia makes up one quarter of the mileage of the entire AT, with right at 500 miles lying within the state borders. We walk into and literally through the most famous city on the trail, Damascus, Virginia, where the white blazes run down main street. This self-described “Trail Town, USA” welcomes both hikers and bike riders who take advantage of the Virginia Creeper trail, a converted Rails to Trail Conservancy project in which old, abandoned railroads have been converted to hiking and biking trails. The AT and the Creeper Trail share several miles of this wide, gravel, well-maintained trail.

wp4ey3gb0x02.jpg

rodibx8pmp57.jpg

If you don’t hike, but like to ride bikes, the Creeper Trail makes for a wonderful day of family vacation, too. Shuttle drivers take bikers 16 miles north of town and you ride back down to Damascus, yes, DOWN because it is all downhill from where the shuttle driver drops you off—doable for anybody who ever learned and still remembers how to ride a bike!

4klj02o5fwu0.jpg

The final treat along our trail this go round is the Grayson Highlands, another series of high balds, but this one is unique because…PONIES! Grayson Highland balds are maintained as balds by the grazing of semi-wild ponies. You’ll love this section!

isv65ouiqtsm.jpg

32nzihdb2rka.jpg

Exercise challenge—Rucking—lots of benefits for weight loss and requires almost no gear! Have a school-type backpack or book bag laying around? Fill it with some water bottles or canned foods and get outside as the weather warms in your area. Rucking burns more calories than walking alone, and it can be done in the gym or on a treadmill, too.

veyrhq35ebor.jpg

taudeu9t9d9i.jpg

Ready to learn more about rucking? http://www.teamspearhead.com/2014/09/07/how-to-ruck-part-1-a-beginners-guide/
  • dee_toronto
    Options
    Saturday Check-in
    Water: under
    Exercise: none, 3000 steps
    Tomorrow: keep behaving lol
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    10314 steps
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Saturday Check-in
    Logging: done
    Food: on plan and yummy
    Water: on track; been drinking fizzy water and watching movie with husband
    Exercise: martial arts (2.5 hours), treadmill at gym (65 min)
    Also did shopping and some food prep today

Steps for 03/16 - 11,131

Tomorrow
    Food on plan, water and coffee ☕ at or above target, long walk for exercise, stretching
    Also, more food prep and some tidying up

@UTMom81 - I love our new hiking installment!

Non-scale victory for the day - Someone who had not seen me in about 6 months didn't recognize me.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Steps for Friday, 3/15 = 12,076
    Saturday, 3/16 = 14,072
  • Kres567
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Digger61
    Week2
    Saturday
    P. W. 240
    C. W. 237

You are killing it @digger61! Now that Alberta winter is over we have renewed motivation!
This discussion has been closed.