Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tracey's OMAD Reboot

Replies

• asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Yay! Nice loss.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    A loss is a loss, congratulations👍
    Let's loose more weight in April👍
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I just created the Analytical April Thread. Here's to greater losses in April.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Thanks for doing that!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    It is April 1st. Microscope March did not turn out as planned but did end with a small net loss. April is now here. The goal for April is to weigh less than my last March Friday official weight which happened to be 166.8. I would like to weigh a good deal less than that weight. A net loss of less than a pound is just not acceptable.

Today's weight after a splurge weekend is 171.1 pounds.

I have a lot of different variables going on in this first week. TOM started yesterday and my monthly 3 day fast began today. I blew my 3 day fast last month and instead of taking advantage of the loss and adding to those losses, I added on many pounds (13 to be exact) and it took me the remainder of the month to lose those 13 added pounds. This month will be different. I have to and will lose the 5 pounds I added over the weekend and keep losing.

I am committing to keeping my portion sizes/meal sizes/calories in check; No more splurge days/weekends; No giving in to cravings, temptations or the like. I know this will take diligence and I need to do it so I will do it.

I did it before and I can and will do it again. But this will be the last time. - Reaching goal and maintaining for life!!!
  • volgirl1322
    Tracey you will be successful in April ---I think the mindset is the majority of the battle! Here to cheer you on to victory!!!!! <3
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    You can do it!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    You've got this lady! You know what to do, and we're here to cheer you on! :drinker: Cheers to a beautiful April!
  • LadyBlanks
    ccmiootahf84.png

Day 1 of 3-day fast completed. No food, only 16 ounces of water. Need to work on more water tomorrow but I do better on my fasts when I don't drink that much.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    You got this,gf👍
    Let's do this together❤
  • volgirl1322
    Way to go Tracey!
  • LadyBlanks
    Fast day 1 did me well weight wise. I weighed in at 167.1 this morning for an overnight loss of 4 pounds. I am thinking I may lose an additional 2 pounds tonight and 2 pounds Wednesday night which may have me at 163 on Thursday. The challenge will be to maintain the loss over the weekend. I think I might do a low carb/keto weekend to help hold on to my losses and then gradually add in healthy carbs after that.

I have my doctor appointment on Monday so I want my weight to be on the low side. If I can manage around 163 pounds, I will be happy with that and I think my doctor will be too.
  • volgirl1322
    That is super awesome!!!! You are doing great!!!!!! <3<3
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited April 2019
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS nice loss Tracey!!! You've got this! Use this fast as a jump start out of the 160s!!! :-D

PS - Tracey I have no idea how in the WORLD you can make it through the day with 16 oz of water - I would DIE! :anguished:
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Sweet loss!! That sounds like a good plan for the weekend.
  • LadyBlanks
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS nice loss Tracey!!! You've got this! Use this fast as a jump start out of the 160s!!! :-D

PS - Tracey I have no idea how in the WORLD you can make it through the day with 16 oz of water - I would DIE! :anguished:

Steph, for some reason drinking water or any non-calorie beverage makes me hungry. I can handle my fasts much better with little fluids. I am trying to drink more water today and am riding out the hunger spells. I just finished 33 ounces of water. I think I am going to have to really force myself to drink more.
  • mistymeadows2005
    LadyBlanks wrote: »

Steph, for some reason drinking water or any non-calorie beverage makes me hungry. I can handle my fasts much better with little fluids. I am trying to drink more water today and am riding out the hunger spells. I just finished 33 ounces of water. I think I am going to have to really force myself to drink more.

That's so interesting because I 100% would die of hunger (physical AND mental) without a SH** ton of liquids - water, black coffee/tea, diet soda...gotta have something, and LOTS of it or I'd struggle...funny how we have opposite reactions LOL
  • LadyBlanks
    When I am having unbearable hunger, I drink my keto coffee (170 calories). It is a fast breaker but it has no carbs, and the fats in the butter and MCT oil powder tide me over until meal time.
  • volgirl1322
    I am addicted to crunchy ice (you know the Sonic kind) so for me i usually will eat two large 64 oz cups of it a day at work.....it satisfies my need to crunch......and sometimes I put sugar free water flavoring in it to give it some taste...….But it does the trick...….
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited April 2019
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    When I am having unbearable hunger, I drink my keto coffee (170 calories). It is a fast breaker but it has no carbs, and the fats in the butter and MCT oil powder tide me over until meal time.

See here's the thing - if I was going to break my fast with pure fat (and I do make a sad attempt at sticking to fat or protein if I do) then I'd want an avocado or something LOL - though I've heard good things about MCT oil :)