TEAM: The Slimsons (April)

Options

Replies

• vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    I added some of you on Fitbit! I'm Alissa (email is alissa.belcastro@gmail.com). I'd love to do work place hustle!

I'm getting ready to go on vacation this week. We're flying out tomorrow to San Francisco. The good news is that it'll be a lot of (hilly) walking (we're not getting a car). Bad news is that I know we're going to be stopping at a bunch of not-fantastic food choices places. Hopefully the increase in activity will counteract some of that!
    Have a great time.
    Username: Fitness327wk
    Week: April week 2
    PW = 134.7
    CW=133.6 👍💃🙋‍♀️

Great loss
  • vicky2767
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Daily Post: Tuesday 9 April

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walking
    Comments: Tonight I ordered some new clothes one size smaller than what I’m currently wearing. I find I’m having to keep pulling my jeans up all the time and that’s not a good look lol. Getting there slowly but surely. Hope everyone is good 💟
    Doesn’t that feel good? Excellent you’ve been working hard
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Daily check in April 9

Exercise: Yes. 3.5 miles on the track 1 hr, walking with a little jogging sprinkled in.

My legs are sore. Hope it stays a good sore. Listened to some good music. Got new shoes and insoles so that should help next time.
    Great job
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Daily post for Tuesday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: stairs at work and 260 squats
    Water: 190 oz and counting

Getting back on track!! Felt good to stick with my food plan. Really wanted to indulge multiple times.... but I want a loss this week, more!!
    Glad you are getting back to it!!
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 30 mins treadmill, 30 mins elliptical, 60 mins weight training, plus more walking.

Comments: Really working on sticking to my goals despite my various other challenges. My eating hasn't been great these last few weeks, but this is week 2 where it's finally getting under control and it appears my weight is responding to that, so I just need to keep control even when I feel like nothing else is within my control....

Glad you are feeling good and getting it under control.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Wednesday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 15 minutes of calisthenics (10 steps on stepper, 3 reps of 10 chair push ups and 5 minutes of leg crunches on Total fit gym my aide actually counted 66 of them so something good to know)
    Water 190oz by the end of night
    Goals/comments
    Still have to measure myself but I lost another 2lbs this week. Also just rub BIOFREEZE on both my back and knees but glad I push myself. About to eat lunch and have dinner already in microwave for 4pm then it's pain meds which will knock me out so early day for me. But it was a productive day so still staying positive.
    Username gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week: April Week 2

PW: 479.7LBS
    CW: 477lbs
    Inches lost from

Feb 27
    Neck 17.9in
    Waist 55.1in
    Hips 62.9in

April 10
    Neck 18in
    Waist 50in
    Hips 59in
    Loss-/gain+
    NECK +.1
    HIPS -5.1
    WAIST -3.1

Total inches lost minus gain = 8.1 inches YAY!! 🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♂️🤼‍♂️👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👌🏾👌🏾💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾

Fantastic Gloria
  • vicky2767
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

Daily Post: Wednesday, April 10th
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, 1 hr. Body Combat Class & 1hr. Elliptical
    ✅ Water: 197.8 (might drink a bit more if I can swig it all)
    ✅ Steps: 13,709 / 7.54 miles and still moving

🗣Comments/Goals: Tomorrow is my other fasting day. I’ve been getting several messages from concerned MFP friends who think that I am either starving myself or developing an eating disorder bc they do not understand intermittent fasting— it’s with good intentions I am sure, and I take it with a grain, but it is making me understand why some choose to keep their diary private…. It makes me stressed to feel watched and judged like that—much like I felt when I was obese, it’s uncomfortable. Just venting a little—sorry, but it’s part of the emotional side of the journey I think.

Headed home now---picking up son from track practice and then it's crockpot Italian style turkey meatballs with zoodles!! I am soooo hungry!!

OK, so we are more than half way there— we can finish this week off with success people!!

🤗💫HHD!!!🌸💜🌸

Sorry you had to deal with this. I do think it is coming from a good place, but that doesn’t mean it hurts any less. Just try to stay focused on you. Hugs
  • vicky2767
    Options
    I thought I'd share something with you, my lovely fellow Slimsons.

I've been struggling with motivation in the last week or so. But yesterday, I got a surprise card in the post from my sister. On the front it said "I think you can, I think you can". And on the inside, she'd written: "I'm so proud of you for kicking weight loss *kitten*. I know you can do it. Lots of love."

It nearly made me cry, it was such an unexpected piece of support from out of the blue, so I've stuck it to my fridge to remind me that I have people behind me in this. I hope you all have people supporting you too!

What a great surprise for you!!!
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Wow, last night I wasn’t able to get on and this morning there was sooo much to catch up on.
    Daily check in for yesterday
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes 3 mile jog.

Everyone is doing since a great job.
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wed, 4/10

Exercise: None

This is our last week of being gone every night with my daughter's activities. Tonight is another out of town volleyball game. Last game of the season. We have softball opening tournament game tomorrow night and then drama play Saturday evening. Volleyball and drama will be done! Yay! This tired mama is so happy.

I've been keeping my calories in check this week after last weekend's food fest. Hoping that tomorrow when I step on the scale the numbers will be good. I'm not expecting a loss, but hoping not to have gained.
  • DeshotelK
    Options

I've been struggling with motivation in the last week or so. But yesterday, I got a surprise card in the post from my sister. On the front it said "I think you can, I think you can". And on the inside, she'd written: "I'm so proud of you for kicking weight loss *kitten*. I know you can do it. Lots of love."

It nearly made me cry, it was such an unexpected piece of support from out of the blue, so I've stuck it to my fridge to remind me that I have people behind me in this. I hope you all have people supporting you too!

That is so sweet! It warmed my heart. <3
  • grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday April 10th
    Calories: Yes (under)
    Exercise: Yes (Walked 21 min.)
    Goals/Day/Comments: My replacement Fitbit just came in and I'm excited to get my Steps in again. I work in an office (in front of a computer all day) so I try to get in my 10,000 steps a day.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options

That's a great inspiration I got the same for a friend with a donation since she knows how expensive it is to eat healthy and knows I have no income right. Sometimes that little INSPIRATION goes along way to motivate you to keep on going.
  • ashanna2019
    ashanna2019 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Username: ameirose
    Week: April Week 2
    PW: 241 lbs
    CW: 243 lbs

UHHHH! I feel like this is the result of eating out for dinner too much. Unfortunately my night events are at restaurants that don't always have the best selection for Healthy foods. Next week will be better! I am also going to start daily check ins, this group helped me the first week and I need to not be so busy not to check in.

Thank you everyone for keeping me accountable!

on a good note: I just accepted a Job that will have me walking a lot more then I am now. Hopefully with the exercise boost will help my weight loss journey.
  • DeshotelK
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In

Username: tinak33
    April Week 2
    Previous Weight: 155.5
    Current Weight: 153.3

YES!!!
    I did it! I am the lowest weight I have been since 2007! I feel AMAZING!!

Awesome!!
  • gjaholy33
    edited April 2019
    Options
    🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♂️HAPPY THURSDAY TEAM SLIMSONS🤼‍♂️🤼‍♀️

TODAY'S MOTIVATIONAL TIP: IINTERMITTENT FASTING

So just in case inquiring minds want to know all about what is the intermittent fasting that has been mentioned constantly in this group over the past few months, below are a few more details: (I've been doing this for the past 30 days with my new eating plan and the results are amazing. I still have a long way to go but we each have to find what works for us so I combine my eating plan with the 16:8 fasting plan)
    hakwnkcpbjgo.jpg

7c90e6xsndjz.jpg

fbgrzndmtz2l.jpg

Hope this helps explain things more. Have a productive day and remember we're in this together so any extra feedback is always welcome.

Regards,
    Glorious Gloria ❤

• gjaholy33
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In

Username: tinak33
    April Week 2
    Previous Weight: 155.5
    Current Weight: 153.3

YES!!!
    I did it! I am the lowest weight I have been since 2007! I feel AMAZING!!

Awesomeness! I knew you could do this!👌🏾👌🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Awesome success and dedication all around!
    Gloria - thanks for posting that about IF. I’m doing a fasting day tomorrow (well kinda - 600 cals 1 day a week Fridays and all other days I’m on 1300.) we shall see how that works out!

I have dinner to go and off to work.

4-11
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - under
    Exercise - 45 min strength class - lower body Blast. Focus on hips and thighs - which is what I need! Followed by 30 min abs. Rest day tomorrow - hoping for a good loss on Saturday morning.

M
  • gjaholy33
    edited April 2019
    Options
    so just got my food delivery decided to try out Shoprite Home delivery service and OMG IT WAS SO WORTH IT SAVE OVER $250 compare to my local store around the corner! Look at this receipt:
    SORRY HAD TO BRAG EATING HEALTHY IS COSTLY BUT THERE ARE WAYS AROUND IT (AS YOU CAN SEE)

hfd1t8vri2hg.jpg
    6ekrcfywdatq.jpg
    3q56rym5vqv8.jpg
    qvfy6vwycao4.jpg
    ydtgibdlnrkz.jpg
    ze3iqzdexy0k.jpg

👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾👏🏾👏🏾
  • nbatch456
    nbatch456 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♂️HAPPY THURSDAY TEAM SLIMSONS🤼‍♂️🤼‍♀️

TODAY'S MOTIVATIONAL TIP: IINTERMITTENT FASTING

So just in case inquiring minds want to know all about what is the intermittent fasting that has been mentioned constantly in this group over the past few months, below are a few more details: (I've been doing this for the past 30 days with my new eating plan and the results are amazing. I still have a long way to go but we each have to find what works for us so I combine my eating plan with the 16:8 fasting plan)
    hakwnkcpbjgo.jpg

7c90e6xsndjz.jpg

fbgrzndmtz2l.jpg

Hope this helps explain things more. Have a productive day and remember we're in this together so any extra feedback is always welcome.

Regards,
    Glorious Gloria ❤

Thanks it does explain a lot of things
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options

I've been struggling with motivation in the last week or so. But yesterday, I got a surprise card in the post from my sister. On the front it said "I think you can, I think you can". And on the inside, she'd written: "I'm so proud of you for kicking weight loss *kitten*. I know you can do it. Lots of love.".....

I love that---☺️❤️ what a nice sister you have---and she is obviously right to be proud of you--- you are doing great. We have motivation waves that come and go.... but you are hanging tough here and staying strong to your goals---you will make it happen!!🙌👏👏😉💫
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    ameirose wrote: »

on a good note: I just accepted a Job that will have me walking a lot more then I am now. Hopefully with the exercise boost will help my weight loss journey.

CONGRATS on the new job!!🎉
    Don't worry about this past week--- you're still working out the kinks and you'll find your solution---make a few changed this week and surely each week will get you closer to what you need! Hang in there!!🤗
This discussion has been closed.