Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Steps for the 12th - 12477
    13th - 7128
    14th - 4586

I kinda took the weekend off from stepping and just relaxed and ate amazing food :smile:
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in
    Calories: under
    Water: under
    Exercise: Nothing today.

Uggghhh things have been so busy!! There are so many last minute things to do at work so we can be ready for our Easter weekend and I'm teaching children's church Easter morning and have so much to do with that as well. On top of that, I've decided to reorganize a room in my house, which has had me running all over town looking for a new chair and ottoman and getting rid of a bunch of stuff. It's looking nice! :)

Steps:

4/13-9537
    4/14-10,016
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Steps for the 12th - 12477
    13th - 7128
    14th - 4586

I kinda took the weekend off from stepping and just relaxed and ate amazing food :smile:

It so important to take time off sometimes :)
  • tess5036
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    weigh in day Saturday
    Week 2
    PW =244
    CW= 250

It seems I've been living the yoyo diet for a long time. Sorry team.

No apologies are ever necessary here. What can we do to help you cut that yo-yo string?
    Start today as if nothing happened except realize what choices you can make differently in the future. Today is a new day. Fresh starts are always possible!

Any clue on how to break carb addiction?

I went cold turkey, and am now fully low carb. The first week or so was hard, but ater that it does get easier. I now do full keto as it suits me well, but you have to find what works for you. I think as you consume lower levels of carbs, espiallyu if you cut out sugar, yuo will have fewer cravings for them after you get past the intial shock when your bidy just seems to call oput for them.

As @UTMom81 said, a no junk food challange may help
  • tess5036
    Options
    Week 3 check in
    Username:embersdream
    Weigh in day : Monday
    Week 1 : 205
    Week 2: 201.2
    Weeek 3: 199.8

Not so shabby :)
    My goal is 172 and then see if I can do more.
    I have found though my week has been a bit off.
    Was birthday week and had a few days of total goody indulgence and a few cocktails and now feel a bit yuck. Although there’s a small scale victory my tummy is super bloated at the moment. So hoping to really focus this week. Try to get to the gym 3 times this week ( it’s school holidays and have my kids all week plus uni)

Yayyyy!!!! Into the One hundredns, and onederland!!!!! Way to go!!!!!
  • tess5036
    Options
    To out wondferul Fitbit group, if you didn't get onto the workweek hustle and you want to join in, check you email as I've sent out new invitations :)
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for keeping the awesome conversation going! I’m back from my weekend at home and just need a day to rest and get my life organized again.

@jactop - do you need some steps from me?
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Food - on point
    Exercise - planned rest and recovery day
    I thought I might’ve feeling the ropes course today, but it wasn’t bad. I spent the entire day “working”. Tomorrow is a “no work” day and planned run/lift.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Appalachian Trail Mission Slimpossibles Thru Hike Step Challenge

We DID it!

Distance Covered: 2190 miles

1js42rqun2z7.jpg

After travelling 2190 miles on foot, we take our final steps through Baxter State Park, in Maine, to the summit of Mt. Katahdin, the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail. After spending the night at the campground at the base of the mountain we have spent (on average) 5 months striving for, we leave camp early to be able to make the climb of the final 5.2 miles and then return to camp by nightfall.

3glyw1vbcpao.jpg

We pass a beautiful waterfall 1.1 miles from the campground, quickly hike up the trail to above the treeline and then have to do tons of rock scrambling.

ecmmit1g7h6n.jpg

The views are incredible the majority of the way up, and the rock scrambling is very fun. We gain over 4000 feet during those 5 miles…

0gabjvjby9ps.jpg

... to reach the most iconic symbol in the hiking world—the sign that marks the finish of our thru hike. Here "we" are!

izqdu2aj5miy.jpg

rxv3r60mn815.jpg

Thank you for stepping along with me on our virtual thru hike of the Appalachian Trail. I must share with you one of the best "finish" photos I've ever seen. This was posted by Krystian "Snap" Repolona (hikes.camera.adventure) on Instagram after his finish in October 2016. Enjoy!

ozuylsqqlai4.png
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Monday Check In
    Exercise: two walks, plus an elliptical session
    Water: not enough yet
    Tomorrow: stay in the green, get in 10K steps, drink more water.

Steps for 4/14= 10,910
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Monday 4/15 check in
    Exercise: yes 21DF Total Body Cardio Fix
    Tomorrow: keep doing the same 😀
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @UTMom81 I have loved this challenge!!!!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,587 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    Food: under, all good choices
    Water: under, but working to catch up before bedtime
    Exercise: martial arts class (90 minutes) (TRIPLE)
    Steps: 4,769 (not even a single today; will do better tomorrow)
    @Jactop - here are my baseball stats!

Tuesday Plan
    Food and water on plan
    Exercise: long outdoor walk in the evening unless I succumb to watching the Great British Baking Show, in which case I'll watch while doing platform stepping
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,587 Member
    Options
    @UTMom81 I have loved this challenge!!!!!

Me, too! A huge thank you for the adventure and the great photos and commentary!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    weigh in day Saturday
    Week 2
    PW =244
    CW= 250

It seems I've been living the yoyo diet for a long time. Sorry team.

No apologies are ever necessary here. What can we do to help you cut that yo-yo string?
    Start today as if nothing happened except realize what choices you can make differently in the future. Today is a new day. Fresh starts are always possible!

Any clue on how to break carb addiction?

I went cold turkey, and am now fully low carb. The first week or so was hard, but ater that it does get easier. I now do full keto as it suits me well, but you have to find what works for you. I think as you consume lower levels of carbs, espiallyu if you cut out sugar, yuo will have fewer cravings for them after you get past the intial shock when your bidy just seems to call oput for them.

As @UTMom81 said, a no junk food challange may help

Keto works for me as well. The problem I run into is I can actually go sugar free for up to two weeks. I'll have no cravings or anything. And then a trigger hits and BAM I eat a whole box of cookies. My body tells me that it's hurting me and I need to never eat sugar again but the sweet tooth is not easily yanked.
    I do thank you for your advice.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    7131 steps
  • angielove88
    angielove88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Calories slightly under
    Water on target
    Exercise was cardio set

Tmrws goal is to keep it up with meal logins and total body workout set.

Steps:
    4/13: 16,996
    4/15: 8,640
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Steps for the 15th - 17411
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    @Wishusdonna - Looking forward to tomorrow (assuming you get batteries) to find out, but it sounds like you balanced out your over day pretty decently. Your steps were fabulous, for sure!
    Alas no - bus was late, couldn't get to the shop. Will try tonight.
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Monday:

Calories: over - I polished off some wine from Saturday's party while watching the Silence, wouldn't have took me over, but extra hungry today so I hit the fruit snacks too. I feel this is the week I'm just gonna have to burn, burn, burn...
    Water: on track
    Exercise: nothing special, just 14163 steps.
This discussion has been closed.