TEAM: The Slimsons (May)

Options

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Amy, 54 yo. This will be my third month in a row with Team Slimsons. So far I have lost 20 pounds. I am so happy with my success and plan to continue with my 1-2 pounds a week.

Last week was a very stressful time for me. My brother who is only two years older than me had a heart attack. The family rushed to his bed side out of state because the doctors were thinking he was not going to be with us long. Well, they don't know my brother. For him to be in this situation in the first place was unbelievable. My brother is known as Mr. Fitness.

When we got to his bedside he was on full life support and unconscious. The doctors stated if he made it the next 12 hours he would have a good chance of survival. The next 3 days were a roller coaster but by day 4 he was off of all life support and talking. His recovery was so fast the doctors were baffled. He went in the hospital on a Friday and was walking out by the next Friday!

My brother is in the medical field and a pilot. His body was trying to tell him to go to the doctor which he put for 3 weeks, he didn't listen to his body. His heart was in Afib. He knew better. He was lucky he was in the ER when he had is heart attack. My brother will make a full recovery and I am very grateful.

So please we need to listen to our bodies they know when something is wrong. Take the time to tune in and be aware. If your body aches give it time to heal, if a pain is constant have if checked out.

Take Care Everyone! Go Team Slimsons!

Blessings

Amy, welcome back to Team Slimsons and I am so happy your brother is doing so much better.
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: April 29

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes. Went for a walk tonight. My watch died about halfway. Think it was about 1.5 mile walk including a long steep hill. Taekwondo tomorrow!
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Daily Post : Monday 4-29

Tracked: Yes
    Exercise: No ๐Ÿ˜ฉ. Work was too busy to go for a walk at lunch.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Amy, 54 yo. This will be my third month in a row with Team Slimsons. So far I have lost 20 pounds. I am so happy with my success and plan to continue with my 1-2 pounds a week.

Last week was a very stressful time for me. My brother who is only two years older than me had a heart attack. The family rushed to his bed side out of state because the doctors were thinking he was not going to be with us long. Well, they don't know my brother. For him to be in this situation in the first place was unbelievable. My brother is known as Mr. Fitness.

When we got to his bedside he was on full life support and unconscious. The doctors stated if he made it the next 12 hours he would have a good chance of survival. The next 3 days were a roller coaster but by day 4 he was off of all life support and talking. His recovery was so fast the doctors were baffled. He went in the hospital on a Friday and was walking out by the next Friday!

My brother is in the medical field and a pilot. His body was trying to tell him to go to the doctor which he put for 3 weeks, he didn't listen to his body. His heart was in Afib. He knew better. He was lucky he was in the ER when he had is heart attack. My brother will make a full recovery and I am very grateful.

So please we need to listen to our bodies they know when something is wrong. Take the time to tune in and be aware. If your body aches give it time to heal, if a pain is constant have if checked out.

Blessings

How scary for you and your family to see your brother like that! Thank you for sharing this with us...and I am so happy to know that he made a recovery.

AFIB is scary, in the past (about 10 years ago) I had a few cases of AFIB and needed to be cardioverted with drugs in the ER (my resting heart rate was 190). After a battery of cardio testing, nothing was found wrong with my heart to cause it. After a couple of years with no answers I found an AFIBBERS database of people who wrote in with their experiences.... and one young guy (23 years old, had the same issue as me) said he stopped drinking diet soda and all artificial sweeteners and his AFIB went away. I was a Diet Coke junky--(as well as diet teas and loads of Splenda packets each day). As soon as I stopped my symptoms went away. Crazy huh?! Since then I tell everyone to avoid artificial sweeteners (hidden in a lot of packaged foods you wouldn't even suspect). It's poison!!

Absolutely, I had my own experience wih sweeteners when zi drop my first 200lbs in 2006 ot was bwcsuse all the sweeteners little did I know the damage I was doing to my body. Now I know abd I tell everyone knowledge is power, if you're going to use sweeteners get the most natural form (swerve, erythritol, stevia or xylitol (only if not pets) and do your research before using any. As if I would have I wouldn't be in my current condition with early on set of arthritis from the tumors that attack my body for years. Mow I am very careful of the foods I eat as well cause since the FDA approved for "aspartame " to be a replacement of sugar in most of our foods it's dangerous.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    @gjaholy33 YEAH!!! GO GLORIA GOOOO!!!! Incredible progress--- exciting changes are happening for youuuu!!!๐Ÿ™Œ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ™Œ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’ซ
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday, 4/29)

Exercise: None

Comments: Welp... alarm went off at 5am, but I did not. Next thing I knew, it was 6:30am... Started to get a headache around 3pm. Made it through the rest of work, got home, took some ibuprofen. Didn't help. Got worse. Migraine quality headache. And, the lymph node behind the ears (both) feel a little swollen and very tingly. No clue what's causing it, but I wanted to make sure to post and see how everyone was doing. Off to bed to try to get over this, and pray it's not the same in the AM.

Prayers to everyone going thru a difficult time right now.
  • nbatch456
    nbatch456 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Blessings

Glad your Brother is making a full recovery!!
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday 4/29
    Exercise: Kickboxing 30 mins., 2 hours Yard work.
  • thelandkraken
    thelandkraken Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good job, Gloria! The hardest time to keep going is when weโ€™re in pain, so youโ€™re incredible for pushing through. You should be super proud of yourself.

Daily check in - Monday April 29th
    Under calories: No (but today was my once a fortnight designated cheat meal, so I knew I wouldnโ€™t be)
    Exercise: Does doing a massive shop and then batch cooking for 6 hours count?

Not too bad of a start! I was over, but only by 350 calories, which is less than I used to be when โ€œtreatโ€ day came around.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    โญ๏ธDaily Post: Monday 29 April

โœ…Track: Yes
    โœ…Calories: Under
    โœ…Exercise: Lots of walking
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday 4/29

Track: Yes!
    Exercise: Two walks, one in the morning, one in the evening
    Water: Good

I'm starting IF again and yesterday was the first day. I think it's more mentally difficult than anything. I found I wasn't that hungry, but the urge to eat was strong. I had to remind myself that I was ok multiple times throughout the day. But I'm really proud of myself for sticking with it.

I'm giving blood this afternoon so I'm getting my exercises in early.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    April 29th
    Tracked yes
    Calories just over
    Exercise yes
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Team!!

Let's take it one day at at time!!

6do8o5dids7c.jpg

• DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Monday 4/29

Calories: Over (not by much, but not sure since I don't count exercise calories unless it's extreme)
    Exercise: Yes! Finally!!

So happy that I am finally able to get back to working out. I haven't been able to do any type of consistent exercise for a few months due to my kids in sports. That has finally calmed down. I'm starting back slow because of my back and knee issues, but it felt so good. I did a low impact HIIT workout. I love HIIT. My joints and back do not. I get such great results with it though.
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    OkieGina & DeshotelK, Iโ€™m from the UK. The snowballs Iโ€™m talking about are mallow covered with chocolate and coconut shavings. Hereโ€™s a pic ๐Ÿ˜‹

ra0so39fhqib.jpeg

Ah, okay. To us, a snowball is shaved ice topped with flavoring. Mainly only available during the summer, but where I live some places sell them year round.

emnswgn03x1l.jpg
  • Thumper0104
    Thumper0104 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: 29/04

Tracked - Yes
    Calories - Over, went out for a birthday meal
    Exercise - 30 mins on exercise bike at home.

Weigh day tomorrow, I'm nervous ๐Ÿ™ˆ
  • nbatch456
    nbatch456 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Mon, 4/29
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: Still thinking about my carbs...
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Track: nope
    Calories: hopelessly over
    Exercise: too tired.

Not starting off my Tuesday too great either. Only got in 10 minutes of exercise and had cake for breakfast.

• OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday, 4/29
    Exercise: No (but then again, Mondays are generally one of my rest days!)
This discussion has been closed.