Options

Replies

• Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday 5/6
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Bowflex Max Hiit Trainer--14 mins., 20 mins walking dog, 10 mins. on Elliptical
  • momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yep - 2 - walk away the pounds YouTube workout, then evening gym time. Walked on track, then played basketball with my hubs.

First time in my life that I have ever beaten him at a basketball game of horse.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    aadubb wrote: »
    @aadubb I eat low carb (less than 20g a day) and I lift weights an hour 5 days a week and walk for at least 6 days a week for an hour, low carb won't hinder exercise, maybe in the beginning, you'll feel sluggish until your body gets used to low carbs, but your body will adapt...believe me.

In my low carb plan I'm SUPPOSED to lose 4 to 5lbs per week and the workouts might hinder that. So my attempt to reduce my workouts is mainly to keep that 4 to 5lb loss consistent.

Good to know that the sluggishness I feel from my workouts MAY improve. I have energy issues anyway so I wouldn't hold my breath until those issues improve anyway.

@aadubb If I may, are you following the instructions of a professional? And what type of low carb diet are you doing? (The reason I ask is if you're working with a professional, it's probably best to follow their advice, but I can speak from experience, low carb is hard at first but gets better in the energy department)
    Most low carb diets aim at getting you to burn fat for fuel instead of carbs, and that process can take a few weeks to ramp up, but and it's worth it, it's solved all my energy issues to date, I used to suffer from low energy and I don't any longer. When I went low carb, I was a bit sluggish for about 6 weeks and now I workout fasted with no issues.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,798 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Gjaholy33 Daily Post

Saturday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 120oz
    Goals/comments still hurting rested all day

Sunday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 180oz
    Goals/comments still in pain but able to sit for a few moments

Monday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise 20 minutes of walking
    Water 190oz
    Goals/comments still hurting but more like a throbbing than painful so that's good also my doctor convince me to put the safety alert button in the bathroom

Foodwise was bad had 2 chicken pot pie since they are so small but I finally reach over 1000 calories all week so I'm still under been eating under 800 calories for the last 4 days so I might have weight gain this week. Although today at the dr I weigh in at the same as last week we'll see.

REFUSE TO STRESS STAYING POSITIVE DESPITE MISHAPS

Way to stay positve! You are doing great and a inspiration to me. Thanhs for your posts
  • digger61
    Options
    Daily Post Monday

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yep - 2 - walk away the pounds YouTube workout, then evening gym time. Walked on track, then played basketball with my hubs.

First time in my life that I have ever beaten him at a basketball game of horse.

Great day I realy enjoy doing walk away the pounds. So many great workouts on YouTube. Keep up the good work
  • digger61
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @aadubb I eat low carb (less than 20g a day) and I lift weights an hour 5 days a week and walk for at least 6 days a week for an hour, low carb won't hinder exercise, maybe in the beginning, you'll feel sluggish until your body gets used to low carbs, but your body will adapt...believe me.

In my low carb plan I'm SUPPOSED to lose 4 to 5lbs per week and the workouts might hinder that. So my attempt to reduce my workouts is mainly to keep that 4 to 5lb loss consistent.

Good to know that the sluggishness I feel from my workouts MAY improve. I have energy issues anyway so I wouldn't hold my breath until those issues improve anyway.

@aadubb If I may, are you following the instructions of a professional? And what type of low carb diet are you doing? (The reason I ask is if you're working with a professional, it's probably best to follow their advice, but I can speak from experience, low carb is hard at first but gets better in the energy department)
    Most low carb diets aim at getting you to burn fat for fuel instead of carbs, and that process can take a few weeks to ramp up, but and it's worth it, it's solved all my energy issues to date, I used to suffer from low energy and I don't any longer. When I went low carb, I was a bit sluggish for about 6 weeks and now I workout fasted with no issues.[/quote]

I like the low carb lifestyle Do you count carbs from veggies?
  • digger61
    Options
    Monday check in
    Calories and carbs; under
    Water; 104 oz
    Exercise; none
    todays goals: walking more and drinking more water
    Had a gastroscope done yesterday and found no problems. Good for anther year. On my way back to heath, Hope to be back to work in Aug. Now time to get walking Have a great day everyone
  • AB0215
    Options
    What day, week, time frame has been the toughest for you?

What are you currently struggling with?

My toughest so far was day 2. By far. I wanted to give up right away. Buy now I have so many people cheering me on I feel like I can do this.

Currently struggling with how unfair it takes so long to lose weight. Whyyyyy isn't it easy

@cydneebauman My toughest times have been the times that my weightloss slowed, there have been 2 times to date, and it does take a while, you can't expect it to happen overnight, we didn't gain the weight overnight. Also, when you start seeing results, it gets addicting, that's what's really kept me going, I want to see what it looks like, what I can look like when I don't give up.
  • AB0215
    Options
    @genajonas Great day, how are your workouts coming? Still doing 5 days a week? My trainer bumped me up to 5 days a week this cycle and I'm 3 weeks in and it's been a bit tough, but also fun...

@batgirl140 Great day!! Taekwondo sounds fun, hopefully you'll get to do it today!

@gjaholy33 Hang in there, and hopefully the pain subsides quickly.

@thelandkraken You can adjust for one day over, you will just need to be a little more diligent for the rest of the week!

@Gadgetgirl259 Great day! Great workout!

@momma3times Awesome day!! Glad you had fun, and it's always fun when you win :wink:

@digger61 Great day! How long is it before you can get back to doing everything a normal post surgery?
  • AB0215
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @CindyJNC1963 Awesome loss! Looks like you're moving past your plateau or slow period, awesome!! Great job sticking with it! Good luck with your step challenge, are you in the challenge to up your steps individually or are you competing with others?
    Also--you've inspired me, this is the year I get my yard back, been planting grass seed and I am determined, I may still wind up with the worst looking yard on the street, but I'll be damned if I don't try not to lol.

@OkieGina Hang in there, weight loss isn't linear, and remember, you didn't fail, you just found a way that won't work, look toward the future, next week will work!!

@Gadgetgirl259 You're on fire! Awesome loss this week!

@SLIMn2016 You're crushing it as usual! Love your dedication!

@o0kody0o Great job and way to treat yourself with non food items! Nice!

@tinak33 Way to plan ahead with your eating out!

@BEASTFIELD314 Hang in there, you're still getting back into it, you WILL find your stride and it will all come together, be patient with yourself, trust the process, and try to make one small good decision/change each day and you'll get there in no time! Remember--this is new, you've had a pretty significant change in your daily routine...it will take time to find a plan that works with your lifestyle now to get you to your goal!

@Bm00re2u Great job getting back into your normal routine!! and on a side note--when do you move into your new house? Or did you already?

@DeshotelK You are correct, you can absolutely lose weight without working out, but if you want to retain muscle it is important not to skip workouts! Awesome job!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday 5/6
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - under
    Exercised - yes, 15 minute walk during lunch and another 10 minute dance cardio party in my living room that evening
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options

My toughest so far was day 2. By far. I wanted to give up right away. Buy now I have so many people cheering me on I feel like I can do this.

Currently struggling with how unfair it takes so long to lose weight. Whyyyyy isn't it easy

The most difficult days for me are weekends. I live in the south and everything revolves around gatherings with lots of food. If I can get that under control, I know I would have much better/faster results. We will do this!
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: good
    Exercise: 1 hour superfit class

Daily Post (Monday)
    Track: no
    Calories: I think of, but I went to Mother's Day Tea at my daughter's Pre-K class and caved with a pecan twirl
    Exercise: 40 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes treadmill
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Good evening Slimsons 🤗

I was just looking through some photos of myself from just before I changed my eating habits and it got me thinking 💡

💬How many of you have taken “before” photos?

💬When you reach your goal weight, do you plan on posting your before/after pics in the Success Stories thread to inspire others? Maybe even your social media page if you have one? Or will you just keep them to yourself?

⭐️For me, I did take some “before” pics and have been taking progress photos. I like to look through these photos now and again to motivate myself and remind myself why I started, and how far I have came. Also, when I look in the mirror, I can’t really see that I’ve lost just over 27lbs but from the “before” pics, I can definitely see a difference.

I’ve always loved reading through the Success Stories and I do love seeing before/after pics. I always notice how much happier everyone looks in their “after” pics too, and that makes me happy 😊 I think I probably will share my story and photos on the Success Stories thread when I reach my goal weight.

How about you?
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday-

I haven't been doing my daily check-in's - my apologies! I have been tracking everyday, eating under my calories and making sure I am doing my minimum 10,000 steps.

I honestly feel like I have more energy because I am eating better foods. But I have lingering fears and some questions for the hive.

Fears:
    pre-menstrual cravings!
    Doing all the work and then not seeing the scale budge- how to prepare for the eventual plateau

Questions:
    Is the premium MFP worth the cost?
    How do you incorporate workouts when you work full-time and take care of a toddler the rest of the day? He falls asleep after 9, wakes up at 6:30 and takes a one hour nap when I am at work.I feel like its impossible! Help me out of this mindset or give me no screen or gym workout ideas.

Please and Thank you.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Good evening Slimsons 🤗

I was just looking through some photos of myself from just before I changed my eating habits and it got me thinking 💡

💬How many of you have taken “before” photos?

💬When you reach your goal weight, do you plan on posting your before/after pics in the Success Stories thread to inspire others? Maybe even your social media page if you have one? Or will you just keep them to yourself?

⭐️For me, I did take some “before” pics and have been taking progress photos. I like to look through these photos now and again to motivate myself and remind myself why I started, and how far I have came. Also, when I look in the mirror, I can’t really see that I’ve lost just over 27lbs but from the “before” pics, I can definitely see a difference.

I’ve always loved reading through the Success Stories and I do love seeing before/after pics. I always notice how much happier everyone looks in their “after” pics too, and that makes me happy 😊 I think I probably will share my story and photos on the Success Stories thread when I reach my goal weight.

How about you?

I upload a new avatar photo for every 20 lbs I lose. The old ones are available in my profile. The only full body "before" picture was taken at work. I got to meet the star of the TV show, "I am Homicide", Garry McFadden. I look so stupid but I was so excited to meet him that I got my picture taken with him. When I officially get to my midpoint I might upload it along with a new photo for comparison. You should post your pics.

• CindyJNC1963
    Options
    @CindyJNC1963 Awesome loss! Looks like you're moving past your plateau or slow period, awesome!! Great job sticking with it! Good luck with your step challenge, are you in the challenge to up your steps individually or are you competing with others?
    Also--you've inspired me, this is the year I get my yard back, been planting grass seed and I am determined, I may still wind up with the worst looking yard on the street, but I'll be damned if I don't try not to lol.

It's a work sponsored competition to improve employee health. There are individual and team competitions. I have no chance of winning but I am in a team with one of my good friends, who got over 16,000 steps in her first day. So, now I'm motivated to go higher today. Our team is in 4th place overall. There are two people who already have over 50,000 steps since yesterday....that's amazing.

I am glad I inspired you with the yardwork. My grass is actually growing now. We had two rainy days that really helped (along with the daily watering). The gigantic bald patch in the middle of the yard is completely gone now. I'm sure I still have the worst looking yard on the street now....but at least it no longer looks like a mud wrestling pit. :-)
  • CindyJNC1963
    edited May 2019
    Options
    🗣Comments/ goals:
    Weight loss is slowing....
    I assume, though, that whatever I lose now is fat as opposed to water weight so that's encouraging. I'm also exercising more than I probably should for a low carb plan so if the weight loss continues to stall I will dial it back. Will reassess in 2 weeks. On a side note, when you see me do extra workouts (more than one), it's because I'm a workout buddy to more than one person and I'm trying to be helpful and accommodating! Hopefully being helpful doesn't have an effect on my own goals.
    I went for my first run for the season, yesterday. It was a beautiful day!

4 to 5 lbs a week is a LOT of weight to lose in one week. I hope you are working with a licensed medical professional. You aren't supposed to lose more than 1% of your total body weight per week. For someone under 200 lbs that is less than 2 lbs per week. Also, as we all learn the hard way, weight loss isn't linear. You might lose 6 lbs one week and not lose a pound for the next three weeks. That recently happened to me. I'm not really trying to be critical, but I don't want you to set yourself up for failure either.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options

I don't think there is any day, week or time frame that is particularly tough for me. I try to plan around those times where I am going to eat out with friends. I also have it a LOT easier than a lot of you. I don't have a big family with lots of outings, etc.

I am currently struggling with the fact I am starting month 7 and this is where it really starts to get tough. I am almost at the mid-point of my goal. It's getting harder to lose weight. My body is hitting set points where it simply does not want to go lower....but I am determined to win this battle against myself.

I always try to tell myself that I didn't get to 273 lbs overnight and I won't get to back to 135 lbs overnight either. But saying that....and truly believing it are two different things.

This discussion has been closed.