LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Oh and my older baby boy isn't better either.
    He'll start whining and acting like he doesn't feel good. Will suddenly feel better and want to eat... then throw up and say "I feel better now." Wash rinse repeat lol. Stomach bug is a milder one, but we've run out of carpet cleaner and our washer still isn't fixed and we're running out of towels... again.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Praying for you all and I hope things start getting better for you and your family <3
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks. :)

Ok.. official weigh in after coffee poops....

It's only a 0.4lb loss since last Friday but I will take it since I've been losing the 4lbs I gained on Mother's day and I haven't been doing OMAD like I intended.
    A loss is a loss though and I am very happy with it!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    so sorry for all that is going on with you, the stress no doubt has affected your weight loss.

Oh yep ---those sugar free gummies (less than half a bag) totally does the trick for me......and they taste good as well......the first time I ate almost a whole bag and it was way too much......to the point of no poop just water being left ---so be careful the first time.

Sorry if this was TMI :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Yup I get the Albanese gummies on Amazon 12 bags for about 20 bucks - and they're TASTY too!!!

Tell me more about this turkey wing methodology..........
    jtq6p0wzg8y5.png
  • LiLee2018
    I haven't baked turkey wings in so long, but I THINK 350 was the temp I baked at. It could've been less since I did bake them for at least 2 hours. If you have time to experiment, go with a lower temp just in case lol. I don't wanna be responsible for any burned turkey! :P
    You'll want to cover them in some sort of oil or butter. Something to help the skin crisp. I may have tried it without that before, but it's been so long ago that I don't remember how it came out. I usually used olive oil.
    Salt and spice them up extremely well. I think I'd start skin side down (for the flats), then I'd flip them about 30min in to cooking or until that side was a nice color, then I'd flip and let it continue cooking until the skin crisped up which usually took another hour or longer. Definitely something I had to plan ahead for b/c it could take longer than 2 hours to get the crispiness I wanted. I'm sure there's probably an easier faster way to do it.

Yesterday wasn't that great of a FFA calories day. I did eat almost an entire bag of spicy pork rinds in one sitting though lol. I dunno why I've been craving them so much lately. Maybe just wanting something crunchy. I dunno.
    I also had 2 cups of coffee, ate almost an entire half of a rotisserie chicken and for dinner was a hot dog frank w/ a spoonful of chili, mustard, 1 slice of tomato and a premade hamburger patty.
    We went over to inlaws place and that's what they were doing for dinner. More people than expected showed up so I couldn't eat more.
    It was ok though. I was still hungry for a little bit but felt fine once the food settled.

Need to make grocery list before we head out to the store.

Anyone know a good recipe for pork tenderloin? We always buy them when they're on sale, but I've never found a recipe I liked. Whenever I cook it, it always comes out disappointing and blah.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I add a packet of pork gravy mix with 1 cup of water to my pork tenderloin and cook it in my crock pot for 4 hours on low. After its done I drain out the liquid and put it in a pot on the stove over med high heat and add in some cornstarch and simmer until thickened and I pour that over my pork tenderloin and potatoes.
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks Brenda! I'll have to leave out the cornstarch but that sounds good. Will give it a try later this week :)

FFA calories yesterday went much better. In no particular order
    I had 2 cups of coffee, pork chops (about 2.5-3 worth), 2 legs/2 thighs/2 wings from a rotisserie chicken. And actually... I think that's it. Hmm.. thought I ate more but I'm pretty sure I'm not forgetting anything. Not that that wasn't a lot of food though. :)
    I was thinking about making a mug cake, but we went to inlaws again yesterday and didn't get home until almost 10pm.

Starting OMAD tomorrow again though and the plan is to do it until next Sunday if nothing happens this week.
    Really looking forward to OMADing too. My OMAD willpower has been seriously slack recently and I need to get back to it again. Stop using every little excuse to not do it.

Alrighty.... want to eat something quick and get some usual Sunday chores done. UGH this house needs another toys purge. Think I'll start doing that this week too. Would definitely be a good distraction while I'm fasting.
  • LiLee2018
    Woo boy. I may have to have a low calorie day tomorrow bc I ate sooooooo much today lol.
    Pork rinds, pimento cheese, fried Cole slaw mix with 2 eggs in it, 2 pork chops, chicken thigh, whipped cream, blackberries, coffee. I think that's it. It was a lot. I didn't calculate dinner but I'm sure I'm well over 2k calories... Like way way over.
    Lol... Just one of those days
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Hope you boy is feeling better now <3 You are doing amazing with so much on your plate right now <3:+1: Congrats on 0.4lb loss since last Friday! :+1:
  • LiLee2018
    OMADing again today. Lunch time so of course the habit hunger has kicked in. I'm good though. 3pm will be here before I know it and then I'm breaking my fast with a nice yummy cup of coffee.
    Dinner tonight is leftovers. Might cut up the remaining porkchop and put it in a low carb tortilla shell with some pimento cheese. Wish I had thought to get some shredded lettuce while we were at the store. Oh welp.

UUUUGH, it's supposed to be getting close to in the100's by this weekend. Noooooooooooooo. I hate the summer. HATE IT. And I have to go out in to it to get my child from school. She only has a couple more weeks to go though so... there's that at least.
    And our bedroom gets so hot during the night too. Stupid portable AC isn't working! Well the fan part is but what's the point of that if it's only sucking in hot air?

UGH boob sweat & crotch sweat & pooch sweat! Oh my!

• mistymeadows2005
    UGH I hate summer too - now being from MI, I could curse the winter just as much but I HATE BEING HOT. BLECH.

Also - never...and I mean NEVER will I live without AC again...did it once...would rather slit my wrists, I'm not kidding :expressionless: LOL
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah. AC is a must. Our daughter's and 4yo son's rooms are always nice and cool, but the other 2 rooms across the house are always too warm.
    I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter... Not sure how long but pretty sure 3rd trimester and our ac crapped out on us. Easy fix for the repair guy but that was a miserable week waiting to get it repaired.

Broke fast a little after 3 with a coffee. Using half and half this week to keep calories a little lower.
    Ate a leftover pork chop and cooked up another. Also ate some pimento cheese and had some whipped cream. Total calories about 1400-1500. Feeling full and satisfied still too.

Tomorrow I'm going to give clean fasting a go again unless I feel like I need the caffeine. Should be ok so long as I get a somewhat decent night of sleep.
  • jadepearl
    Its going to reach 100 deg F over at your side? Oh my, that's going to be hot. I rather have winter season any time. Our summer was terrible and horrible :( our summer can reach up to the mid 40s degree C. So, AC is a must if its really really hot. Good luck with your clean fasting :)
  • volgirl1322
    We are expected to hit the mid 90s for the rest of the week here in TN and I am dreading it because there is nothing hotter than the baseball field and we play all weekend :)…...LiLee I got you on the hatred for the miserable heat :)

Good luck with your clean fast :)
  • LiLee2018
    Yep, it gets that hot here usually in the summer and it's awful.
    Just a couple more weeks of school, then I can just stay inside and not fry my brains.

Realized yesterday that I'm now on my 11th month of my weight loss journey. 11 dang months. Holy crap. Honestly I wish I was closer to my goal, but hey... I'm closer than I was 11 months ago ;) lol
    Damn though.... I've been at this for almost a year now. Holy crap it doesn't seem like that long at all.
    I know saying a year or 2 years to lose weight seems like SO long, especially if you're doing a restrictive diet, but damn, the time really does feel like it flies by.
    I'll probably have to keep it up for another year TBH with how slow my weight loss seems to be, but... I'm in this until I'm done. This year has flown by... and so will the next one :)

Plan for today is to clean fast OMAD. I slept horribly but I'm going to try my best to stay away from the diet dr pepper for the caffeine.

I'm not sure OMAD will be happening this week.
    Just saw a post on FB from an inlaw about hub's grandfather. :( I'll still try to OMAD, but won't push it either. If it happens it happens. There will be other weeks to try for an all OMAD week.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Awww darling...sending you peace vibes...your meal yest sounds delish though! I haven't had pork chops in ages!
  • LiLee2018
    Grandfather died today. They've already buried him since it was hot and they were doing it on their land. They already had everything ready. We didn't even know it was happening. Decided to go visit to be with them and when we pulled up we saw the coffin.
    Everyone seems to be doing well though. His decline was sudden but it was expected too so everyone kind of had time to prepare mentally for it.
    We'll probably be visiting with them tomorrow definitely and probably the weekend too so I'm sure omad will be out the window.
    As I said though, there will be many more weeks I can do omad so it's all good.

Broke clean fast a little early with a diet Sprite at 2pm. Then broke fast a little after 3 with a coffee.
    For dinner I slow cooked the pork tenderloin with mesquite powder marinade stuff. It was all we had and I didn't want to go get something else lol
    I had some of that and pimento jalapeno cheese in 2 low carb tortilla wraps. Then had another small helping of just the pork with hot sauce.
    Pork was pretty good. BBQ-y flavor.
  • jadepearl
    So sorry for your loss! My prayers are with you and family! <3
    Take care <3
  • volgirl1322
    Sorry for your loss..... <3

Yes---the OMAD plan is always there, and IMO it is something that is super easy to get back on track with......