TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

Options

Replies

• Hey3432
    Hey3432 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that finds tracking everything time consuming?? Also I follow IIFYM, so ideally need to hit a certain goal of carbs/protein/fat, so I need to plan in advance. I tend to find a combo of foods that work then eating the same thing everyday cause I know it fits my macros... #lazy
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Tuesday June 4
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: ran just under 4 miles this morning before work, then walked the dog this evening.
    Day: I got caught up on some sleep last night, that felt good. Today I had lots of meetings at work, so I'm glad I got my movement in this morning. Had a great massage after work and then a night at home with nothing planned. It was nice. Hitting the gym in the a.m. for leg day.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday June 4
    Exercise: no

Had chips for dinner but stayed under calorie limit. I have to watch it though because chips are a trigger for me with binging. I will strive to eat nutritiously tomorrow!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Tracked: just carbs
    Calories and carbs: good
    Water: not great
    Exercise: 45 min walk

Plan for Wednesday: bake some low carb crackers and cookies. My supply is running low.
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    June4
    Calories just over
    Exersize was leg day at the gym
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »

Plan for Wednesday: bake some low carb crackers and cookies. My supply is running low.

Could you share some recipes please?
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Jactop wrote: »

Could you share some recipes please?

For sure. Found this choc chip cookie recipe on pinterest. I only made them once but the texture was like a regular cookie. They're soft enough to eat right out of the freezer. I'm going to use it as my base and they some other flavors.

https://pin.it/ohchald5q7kipz
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Good morning team! It’s Wednesday morning. I’m having a meh morning. I ended up binging last night. :( And that has me feeling lazy, plus it’s rainy & dreary so that doesn’t help. So I’m taking an early morning rest day and hoping for a walk or two later. I was also just hungry enough to have a little more than usual, but that’s okay, I slept in and didn’t have my normal protein shake. But tracking is on point! I’ve planned and pre-logged. And I am SO SO SO glad that I have this team to check in with. Because 1) it’s forcing me to face reality- I NEED to check-in and not just do what I “feel.” and 2) reading the posts helps get me in the right frame of mind. And 3) Encouraging all of you, encourages me! So… I have just enough time now to finish packing meals and get in a little bit of the glider to get the major muscle groups blood flowing. We must remember this isn’t a DIET! It’s a LIFESTYLE. We are making choices to sustain long-term weight loss. Yes.. we can!!

@Hey3432 ~ Great workout! Yes, sweating feels good. A good Tuesday for you. Yeah!! Yes, tracking can be time-consuming; until you get enough in your MFP as meals or go-tos. I use both laptop and mobile app for their different ease. I too pre-plan and pre-log so that it takes only my time in the morning for about 30 minutes for the entire day; including prepping & plating. We need to change our mindset. WE ARE WORTH IT! And that little bit of time is better than being #lazy. I eat the same things over and over too. Not lazy, smart and efficient with our time. Say nice things to yourself or I’ll come over there! LOL ;) Learning to put things in proper and positive perspective is part of making this journey a lifestyle, not a diet.
    @ajaia2001~ You DID IT!! I’m feeling kinda meh, today. (Weds. am) So good for you for getting in that 30 ins. And thank you, thank you for for the update and that you’re safe.
    @jupdyke~ Awezzome Tuezzday!! Yeah you!
    @skullsandskeletons~ Good for you for tracking and being under! Allowing yourself a treat is all right. You knew it was a trigger but still managed. Good for you!!
    @Jactop~ Good long walk, awesome!! I make a No-Bake Fake that uses protein powder. I doubt they are considered low-carb as they use oatmeal, but they sure help me with a dessert or chocolate treat. Keep doing it!! It’s coming off! And thanks for sharing the recipe.
    @wander216~ Thanks for checking in! Keep it up.
    @Perla4686 ~ Thanks for asking for the recipe.
    figtwvpg0esb.png

• jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under with eating exercise calories
    Exercise: Finally got to play a little tennis today, was feeling sluggish during but glad I pushed through to get a good half an hour in, even a little bit counts
    Day: Another uneventful decent day, nothing exciting to report

This morning (Wednesday) I'm feeling sluggish and meh. I've stayed on track for every day since Friday and I weighed in high today and feel very bloated, hoping its just TOM. We will see what happens over the next few days. Right now the high weigh in is getting to me a bit... Just an off day in general I think, frustrated with work as well and feeling extra tired and unmotivated. (Our coffee machine at work is also down, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with this mood) Will just get through today and power through the week. I have a friend visiting this weekend so hopefully that will recharge my batteries.

@johicks You got this! Keep checking in and keep planning and setting yourself up for success! One thing that helps me when I'm about to give into my feelings instead of following my plan, is remembering how bad I feel the next day either bloated, full, meh, or upset with myself for giving in, and those feelings aren't worth the few minutes of pleasure I get from overindulging! And hey if that fails, tomorrow is always a new day to pick yourself back up and soldier on!
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Only did a 30 minute walk on the treadmill with a mid incline (I just signed my 15 year old daughter up for the gym as well. Dont want to bombard her with workouts so we going at it slowly lol)
    Day: nothing special went on. Its the usual. Wake up, work, sleep, repeat lol
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @johicks, @goodreadsgal posted her weigh-in on team TBBT's thread. I tagged her and told her she was on team RTM.
  • bakay138
    bakay138 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Username: bakay138
    June Week 1
    Weigh in Day-Wednesday
    PW: 226
    CW: 224
    One thing I did well: Stayed focused
    One thing to improve: Need to exercise more.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Not a good day food-wise for me today. Stress eating. No excersize either...
    Off to bed now, hopefully a better day tomorrow.
  • Gen216
    Gen216 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I haven’t read (or posted) anything this week as I’ve been pretty sick and out of it the past week. Tomorrow I weigh in but I know it will be awful as I’ve been eating tons of take out and ice cream with not feeling up to cooking. Will try to catch up reading your posts tomorrow!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hr at bootcamp
    Goal/Day: A real emotional and hard day for me. My mom would've turned 57 today, I just miss her so much. It took a lot of pep talking for me to go to bootcamp but I'm glad I did cause it gave me a great workout and relieved some of my emotional stress (which was really making me think of eating stuff I shouldn't have). So I'm going to grab my apple and bottle of water and head to bed. Goodnight everyone!!
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track: not so much
    Calories: Not sure
    Exercise: not so much
    Water: if I am counting hot herbal tea
    Could have made a shorter post by saying: Feel like I have strep, so I am not on top of my fitness game. I tried to stick with appropriate foods but did not measure or track them.
    My weight was up after my wine and buffet over the weekend even though the rest of my camping weekend was pretty light, and I though I know I dropped a bit I don't think I will see last weeks weigh in total by tomorrow.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday June 5:
    Exercise: no but extra steps

I stayed true to yesterday’s aim to eat nutritiously today. Hugs to all of my teammates that had a rough day. You stuck with your accountability though and you posted! Yay you!
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday June 5:
    Calories: a little over my personal goal, but under on mfp.
    Exercise: Strength training this morning, legs and abs

It was a busy day of work and academic awards tonight for my daughter. I had a pretty good day. My parents came for a visit tonight, so that was fun.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    What’s everyone’s bigger issue, meeting your calorie deficit or meeting exercise goals? I personally am the worst at meeting my calorie deficit. If I don’t have a loss, that’s why. I tend to go hard on the exercise to make up for it.

Like @MADDIESMOMMY6611 and @jupdyke, my health has been my biggest issue too. When I have health issues, my resolve dissolves. Thankfully, I am well now and ready to get serious for June. I am a little over half-way to my goal and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @Gen216 Hope you are feeling better. It's tough to stay on course when sick.
This discussion has been closed.