Options
    I think Thursday is my weigh-in day :)

Username: hey3432
    Week: Sunday, June Week 1 (6/02)
    PW: 174.8
    CW: 174
    One thing I did well: tracking and logging my food
    One thing I need to work on: WATER!!!

Not a huge loss over here, but a loss! I may need to recalculate my macros. I'm at 1650 cals per day, which seems high but I really don't feel deprived so I feel like it's something I could stick with long term.
  • Hey3432
    Hey3432 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @johicks thanks for the supporting words!! I need to be more positive...got it! :)
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Track: yes
    Calories: Over, 1443/1380
    Exercise: None
    Day: Eh

Feeling moody still this morning (Thursday), scale is also not budging from the higher weight :( I'm really hoping this is all TOM and will change shortly, as I've been sticking to plan. For now its bothering me and getting under my skin....just gotta make it through til the weekend, then hopefully I will feel a little boost in my mood. We will see how weigh-in tomorrow goes....
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday 6/05)
    Track: no
    Calories: way over
    Exercise: not really
    8+ water: 10
    Daily Goals/Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: 0
    • One post-dinner snack: more
    • Kitchen Closed! - no
    Sorry team! I truly had an OFF day! But today is a new day. So off I go to read your posts and regain my strength. Picking myself up, dusting myself off, learning from my mistakes, and moving on. It's a new day!
  • johicks
    Options
    @jwall309~ Thanks for the uplifting message! I’m glad I’m waking up to that today. THANK YOU!! I was just “off” all day. And hungry. I wish I would recognize it sooner as it just has to be TOM or mid-TOM as my emotions this morning are all over the board. I’m not “regular” so it’s harder for me to track. LOL On those days I just need to up my calories and be okay with it. Like how you are learning to do with weekends. Yahoooo some tennis! Good for you. Sometimes the daily weigh-in can be frustrating, but we need to remember the big picture. NO caffeine. ARGH! Soldier on my friend!
    HUGS… inhale.. Exhaaaaaaale. I had a day or two like that, but it has to be TOM. So don’t let it get you riled up or ruin your good week. Make it a lesson, as a woman can not control everything about her body. It’s the big picture that we need to focus on. Right? Right! You got this!
    @Qbaimee~ Good job on tracking Tuesday and being under! “Only” 30 mins… that’s a good amount of exercise for most. But you must be used to more. And what a good mom to get your daughter started in fitness. I hope she enjoys it!
    @goodreadsgal~ I hope you find our thread to weigh-in. I’ll try to go searching for it and copy and past here for you. Thanks, @HASWLRS!
    @bakay138~ Awesome!! Yes, you were focused. Nice loss!! For exercise, set aside a specific time even if only 10mins and make it a habit. Then from there, it will grow and you’ll do more. :) Creating habits.
    @Perla4686~ HUGS. I had an off day, too. But we’re here for each other to start this new day fresh and eager to lose the lbs and be positive about what we are doing. After all... we ARE RUNTRACKMINDS!!
    @Gen216 ~ so sorry to hear you are not well. Take care of yourself and stay hydrated. Overall wellness is key to your weight loss success, so take care. HUGS
    @ajaia2001~ So sorry for your loss, she was too young. Good job at being able to recoginize your emotions, write about, and to go to bootcamp. Awesome! God job! HUGS
    @JamieD328 ~ I count my tea in my water count. HUGS Hope you feel better soon.
    @skullsandskeletons~ Good job on eating nutritiously. And thanks for the hugs and the positive post about us posting regardless of our day.
    @jupdyke~ Awesome Wednesday! :)
    @Fivepts! ½ way to goal… exciting! Hope you are feeling 100% and we get to hear more from you.
    @Hey3432~ Yes, Thu is your weigh-in day. Thanks for posting. And a loss is a loss!! Yeah you!! Sticking with something long term is key. And with that allowance you can increase exercise I bet without feeling too deprived. That’s where I am struggling some. If I eat too little and exercise, I’m starving. But then I have to be careful to not overeat, too. Ugh. Such a balancing act. LOL I tell my husband all the time…. Your ears hear the words you say, which goes to your brain. So say (or read) good words! Right? 😍

Yes, we DID post even if it wasn’t the best of days. Regardless if we're perfect or struggling.
    w68327htevzz.jpg

And we ARE here for each other for encouragement and support. It's about being accountable. We are learning that hiding our heads in the sand does not help our situation or solve our problems. We can do this!! Together!!

Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).

• red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good evening everybody! I didn’t exercise today, and I feel bad. I’m also frustrated because even though I’ve been eating well, exercising, etc my weight fluctuates so frequently that I’m now almost back to where I started. I started at 172, my first weigh-in was 167, and I got on the scale today (just to see), and it’s back up to 169. It’s so frustrating! This happens all the time, and most likely I never stick with weight loss plans because I don’t see results like I want. So, if anyone is experiencing the same thing, or even if you’re not, I’d really love some feedback and encouragement. I’m not quitting this time; I refuse; I’m also not gonna drown my sorrows in anything that’s going to wreck my diet. I’m just gonna keep at it, but it’s soooo discouraging.

I hope other people are having a better evening than I am, currently!
  • johicks
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Good evening everybody! I didn’t exercise today, and I feel bad. I’m also frustrated because even though I’ve been eating well, exercising, etc my weight fluctuates so frequently that I’m now almost back to where I started. I started at 172, my first weigh-in was 167, and I got on the scale today (just to see), and it’s back up to 169. It’s so frustrating! This happens all the time, and most likely I never stick with weight loss plans because I don’t see results like I want. So, if anyone is experiencing the same thing, or even if you’re not, I’d really love some feedback and encouragement. I’m not quitting this time; I refuse; I’m also not gonna drown my sorrows in anything that’s going to wreck my diet. I’m just gonna keep at it, but it’s soooo discouraging.

I hope other people are having a better evening than I am, currently!

What OTHER things can you do or use as tools as good health, besides the scale? Do you have goals of eating a certain amount if veggies per day? Or measuring certain areas of your body? Or can you walk a further distance than when you started? Or exercise longer than when you started? Are your clothes, looser. We have to learn that overall wellness is not measured by the scale alone? Are you eating better? I'll look for the blog that helped me with the mindset of focus on other tools. Hope that helps. Water weight and our womanly makeup wreaks havoc on making sense of using just the scale. Chat soon.

Good post. Don't give up. Don't give in. We are not quitters, we are a team.... RUNTRACKMINDS!!
  • johicks
    Options
    5 Mindsets to Avoid if You Want to Lose Weight
    BY CASSIE SHORTSLEEVE
    MARCH 21, 2019

On my phone I can't copy the link sorry. But you should be able to search for it.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Username Jamied328
    Thursday weigh in
    June week 1
    PW: 161.8
    CW: 163.8
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Daily post Thursday
    I will just skip the rest for today and say another sick day, but upside I was negative on strep and just have a nasty case of tonsillitis. Hoping after a day of antibiotics I will be a little bit more motivated going into the weekend.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @johicks thanks for the response. I have to remind myself all the time that women face such an uphill battle with weight loss because of hormones, etc. It’s just so frustrating when I know I’m doing the right things, but not seeing the results I want. I am looking at weight loss by my clothes, as well, which has helped a little bit. Unfortunately, I’m very numbers-driven. The calorie limit I’m on is supposed to help me lose a pound/week, so we’ll see how things look on Sunday. Thanks again for the encouragement; I am definitely not giving up! I will read that article tonight 🙃
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Wednesday and Thursday daily post
    Tracked yes
    Calories and carbs were good
    Wed Exercise: nothing formal but got 19k steps
    Thur: 40 min walk
    Water: good

Goal for June: work on making strength training a habit
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday June 6:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no but again got lots more steps in.

Sending positive vibes and hugs to all of you! We can do this!
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thursday daily post
    Tracked yes
    Calories were a tad over my goal, but not much.
    Exercise: Dirty 30 workout and a walk.
    Day: Today was a good day. We have a weekend of events in our town that kicked off today. I was strong and did not indulge. Had lots of family over, so that was fun. Kept myself to 1 glass of wine.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    It's Friday check in time for me. I have had a few carb splurges (I am trying to do low carb but end up doing moderate carb because it's cherry and berry season and I can't seem to resist.) I am also trying to do intermittent fasting but it's light til about 11 pm and cools off in the evenings and that's when everyone else wants to eat, so my 18:6 fasting: eating window has more eating and less fasting. Anyway, I am still losing a tiny bit but need to be more focused on eating healthy today. I would love to get back to losing 2lbs a week but it's getting harder and harder as I get closer to my set-point weight and size (or the weight/size my body has been comfortable at for decades ie 140lbs, sz 10). My healthy weight is about 20lbs less than that. sigh....
    Username: Fivepts
    Weigh-in Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous weight:144.3
    Current weight: 143.7
    Loss: .6
    Something is better than nothing!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: friday
    Week 1
    PW: 182
    CW: 182
    I know what to do, I just need to do it!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    User Name: ajaia2001
    Weigh in week: June - wk1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 167.9
    Current Weight: 166.6
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @johicks, @goodreadsgal posted her weigh-in on team TBBT's thread. I tagged her and told her she was on team RTM.

@johicks, @goodreadsgal posted again on TBBT's thread, this time just a daily post. She said she was having trouble getting into the Community until now. Her team confusion may be that she was on my team once upon a time for a short while. I did tag her again to let her know her error. I will let you know she if she responds to this one.
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday 6/04)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: ~1300
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 11+
    Daily Goals/Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =20+min walk
    • One post-dinner snack: Yes- my Protein No Bake Fake
    • Kitchen Closed! - YES! Binged on Netflix!

I'm baaaaaack!! I had a so-so day with emotions but work went fast. I allowed myself an after dinner snack to prevent a night binge. I managed it!! Yeah!
  • johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @johicks, @goodreadsgal posted her weigh-in on team TBBT's thread. I tagged her and told her she was on team RTM.

@johicks, @goodreadsgal posted again on TBBT's thread, this time just a daily post. She said she was having trouble getting into the Community until now. Her team confusion may be that she was on my team once upon a time for a short while. I did tag her again to let her know her error. I will let you know she if she responds to this one.

I'll find her and message her. And search your thread to put posts on our thread to help steer her the right way. Again, Thanks @HASWLRS.
This discussion has been closed.