Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @johicks, @goodreadsgal posted her weigh-in on team TBBT's thread. I tagged her and told her she was on team RTM.

@johicks, @goodreadsgal posted again on TBBT's thread, this time just a daily post. She said she was having trouble getting into the Community until now. Her team confusion may be that she was on my team once upon a time for a short while. I did tag her again to let her know her error. I will let you know she if she responds to this one.

I'll find her and message her. And search your thread to put posts on our thread to help steer her the right way. Again, Thanks @HASWLRS.

@johicks, can you actually message people and have them receive your messages? For me, my sent messages will only be received if the recipient is already a "friend" on MFP of if we have both previously messaged each other to "complete the loop". After that any subsequent messages sent will be received.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Been sick for a few days
    Username: goodreadsgal
    WI DAY: Monday
    SW. 240
    Week #1: 237.4
    (-2.59)
    Tracked. Yes
    Exercise. Yes

@goodreadsgal - I copied your posts from TBBT and put them in our @RunTrackMinds teak thread. I understand that at one time you were on their team. Hope you will feel welcomed and supported here with us.

I hope you are feeling better!! Nice way to start out the challenge with a good loss!! Yeah!!
    Having problems with app. Could not get into the Community section till now!
    Tracked. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Exercised. Yes
    Stationary. Bike 40 mins. Med effort
    posted Thursday, June 6 @ 4:33pm

Awesome day!! I have had some problems with the app, but never with my computer. Please be sure to click the ⭐ star for this thread; and unclick the one for TBBT. WE're an awesome team and are eager to cheer you on and have your support, too.

• johicks
    Options
    @johicks, @goodreadsgal posted her weigh-in on team TBBT's thread. I tagged her and told her she was on team RTM.

@johicks, @goodreadsgal posted again on TBBT's thread, this time just a daily post. She said she was having trouble getting into the Community until now. Her team confusion may be that she was on my team once upon a time for a short while. I did tag her again to let her know her error. I will let you know she if she responds to this one.

I'll find her and message her. And search your thread to put posts on our thread to help steer her the right way. Again, Thanks @HASWLRS.

@johicks, can you actually message people and have them receive your messages? For me, my sent messages will only be received if the recipient is already a "friend" on MFP of if we have both previously messaged each other to "complete the loop". After that any subsequent messages sent will be received.

I honestly don't know. I have sent messages out there. Nothing ever came back to me saying did not send.
  • johicks
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get my usual responses out to all of you! I'll catch up tonight!
    But I'm in your corner, by your side, and cheering you on!
    Remember, as we head into the weekend, be sure to stay focused!

ads4kqpwq2ec.jpg
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options

I honestly don't know. I have sent messages out there. Nothing ever came back to me saying did not send.

@johicks, do you know if they got the message? There is no notification of it not being sent on the computer. Maybe it is sent, it is just not received? Test it out with someone on your team. Send them a test PM and tag them here to ask them if they got it. If the answer is no, then have them send you a test PM. Once you know both tests have been sent, then you should be able to PM each other.
  • Gen216
    Gen216 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Had my weigh in yesterday, and a reflection of what an awful week it has been!
    SW: 218
    CW: 221.4 (+3.4)
    I forget what else we’re supposed to post!

My main goal right now is to drink tons of water this week and prep meals for the upcoming week on Sunday!
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Jwall309
    Week1
    Friday
    PW: 174.8
    CW: 173.6

Weight finally came back down, but I weighed in a few times this morning at various times and it was fluctuating a lot....so hopefully it stays this way and trending downwards at the very least
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Over, 1572/1380
    Day: Gave in a bit to TOM cravings and sat and ate 3 greek yogurt brownies I made without even really thinking....luckily caught myself before anymore and put them away and went to bed. Giving myself some grace this week and letting it be ok that I've eaten just a bit above the past three days, but still under maintenance cals!
  • johicks
    Options

@johicks, do you know if they got the message? There is no notification of it not being sent on the computer. Maybe it is sent, it is just not received? Test it out with someone on your team. Send them a test PM and tag them here to ask them if they got it. If the answer is no, then have them send you a test PM. Once you know both tests have been sent, then you should be able to PM each other.

just sent a message to you. Lets see what happens
  • johicks
    Options
    @JamieD328~ Shucks on weigh-in, but if you’re not feeling well then it’s hard to focus on eating right and exercise. Glad it’s not strep, but tonsilitis isn’t much either. HUGS
    @red1185~ Yes we do have an uphill battle. I like my numbers, too. But sometimes it’s more like Sudoku hahaha! If using your clothes as a monitor to weightloss, take pictures, too! :D I know, not instantaneous results… but it’s great to go back and see the progress.
    @Jactop~ Awesome two great days!! Strength training, me too!! Let’s do this!
    @skullsandskeletons~ Tracking, Stepping, Keep on going!! :)
    @Jupdyke~Jen!!? Dirty 30. I love workouts with names. Lol You did great with not indulging and one glass of wine. You go girl!!
    @Fivepts~ I love berry season!! Just had some fresh strawberries this week… yummo!! I do a moderate carb-diet and IF, as well. It doesn’t matter if it’s summer or winter. My body clock is on the same schedule, fortunately. Hope you can get into a good schedule to make this work for you. Yahoooo a loss! Keep doing it!! It is tricky to reset the metabolism. I briefly saw a blog about re-setting. If I find it again, I wll post it. Just so you know, you have your PW as 144.1, on our spreadsheet, it is 144.3. I just want to make sure we are on the same page. Here is the last entry I have from you:
    User Name: @Fivepts
    Weigh in week: May Week #5
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 145.6
    Current Weight: 144.1
    @Perla4686~ Right. Knowing and doing are two different things for sure. You didn’t gain! :) So, what one small thing can you do every day this week to get closing to doing what you know needs to be done? Water? Or get up and stretch!? Or up 15 minutes early to plan? Just choose one thing and knock it out of the park!! When you set yourself up for success, it’s much easier to add to that success. Stop telling yourself I can’t have that or can’t have this. INSTEAD… I choose this or that because that is what is best for my me and my health…. And I’m worth it!! ( not lecturing, reminding myself!)
    @ajaia2001~ Over a 1# loss…. Wooohoooo!!
    @Gen216~ HUGS …. I’m sorry to hear that you had such an awful week. If there is anything we can do to help. If nothing else, check on here to read other posts every day! Or night. Reading to know you are part of team may help keep you motivated. Yes… meal prepping is a good practice. When ever I make something, I make several of it! Chop veggies for salads for the week, cook one pan of veggie omelets to have and reheat 4 breakfasts and make veggies dip with greek yogurt and have carrots or other veggies handy, and then my yummy protein NO Bake Fakes as treats. Hope you make a good plan. Other ideas…. Find recipes for crockpot ingredients you can pack into ziploc baggies and freeze. Then pull out to make for dinner on a busy night. Less time in the kitchen later.
    @jwall309~ Nice loss!! Yeah!! Giving in a little is better than throwing in the towel. I’m slowly learning that!! You’re doing great!!
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday 6/07)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: under 1250
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 13+
    Daily Goals/Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =60+min
        [+]20m march in place while doing dishes [+]14m walk before work [+]10m walk after work [+]16m bike
    • One post-dinner snack: Nope! Had some yogurt w/ fresh straberries & pineapple for “dessert” wth dinner. Filled me up.
    • Kitchen Closed! - YES! Catching up with my RTM pals
  • johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    gtiuv3foaoom.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    6o5bybugx7tu.gif
  • johicks
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    Sent a message to you. Let's see what happens

• johicks
    Options
    5 Mindsets to Avoid if You Want to Lose Weight
    BY CASSIE SHORTSLEEVE
    MARCH 21, 2019

On my phone I can't copy the link sorry. But you should be able to search for it.

Here is the link for this MFP blog.
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/5-mindsets-to-avoid-if-you-want-to-lose-weight/
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Friday June 7:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over but only by 13
    Exercise: no

Not too bad of a day!
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily post Friday June 7:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over but only by 13
    Exercise: no

Not too bad of a day!

good for you! :). Yeah.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Lovethyneighbor
    Friday
    06/07/19 week 1
    PW: 211.6
    CW: 212.6
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in attempt #1
    Sat. 6/8
    Yesterday I didn't track my food but I ate well except that at 10 pm my husband decided to take the kids out for frozen junk food. I am trying not to eat sugar so I got hot water and cream and added my own licorice and blueberry "coffee" powder BUT it was bitter so I added a spoonful of my husband's frozen junk food. Next time I will add vanilla beforehand. I am still trying to decide if a small amount of sugar sends me on a long binge or not. I used to give into the "What the heck" thinking but now that I am aware of it, I can seem to recover more quickly. I did obsess over the baked junk food in the fridge all day but didn't eat them. I am definitely a sugar/flour addict and fighting it moment by moment.
  • Nige1313
    Nige1313 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Saturday 8 June

Track : Yes
    Under: So far so good - on plan
    Exercise: Walk dog and 4 mile run at 10Min Mile

Water intake steadily up this week. Happy Weekend ya all
This discussion has been closed.