SoulSister's OMAD journey

Replies

• SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Thank you so much ladies. For me the 140s still seem so far away. Somehow my brain cant compute. I mean 140s?? Whaat? :blush:
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Lmao I know the feeling!!! It's awesome :love:
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    You can do it👍😘
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    WAY TO GO!!!!! How awesome!!!! B)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Daaang. You are kicking *kitten*. You will definitely be seeing 140s soon. So exciting!
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    edited July 2019
    I wanted to write about some additional side effects of weight loss I noticed.

I can move so much easier. It's just easier to climb steps, easier to walk long distances and generally i get less wheezy and breathless and can walk further before getting tired. It really is very noticeable. I am slowly getting to the 60 pound lost range (now i'm at around 59) and i can surely see the difference in my stamina.

Its unbelievable to me that i lost so much weight. My mind cant really keep up. I still feel the same mentally.. Weird! The mind is still saying i will never get to 150 lbs and that its not possible and now i'm at the doorstep (i'm 151), crazy.. What is happening. I write my weight 160 something and then i realize i messed up the numbers and i'm 151.. This really is a huge mental shift/breakthrough to me.

I also noticed small mental improvement in handling issues. I think Joe mentions some of these side effects, will re listen that video. There is an underlying calmness about things i can't explain (its not like that at all on the surface where things are very turbulent but below/deep down i can feel the calmness). Not sure if that makes sense. I think by 'giving up' acting on our urges with food and accepting things 'it is what it is' that's what has to be done, does something to us in a broader sense.

Fasting is a very powerful tool and i agree that the energy that is being released (and now not stuffed down with food) has to be used for a useful hobby etc. otherwise i become restless and dare i say unpleasant . I wake up early nowadays and i HAVE to do things otherwise i get jittery. I see other people wake up really late by which time i have done all my chores etc and i feel kinda out of sync. This is an interesting path.. :)

Good day to all OMADers. :)
  • volgirl1322
    OMG you have done so awesome!!! Super proud of you!!! I totally agree there are so many changes other than just the number on the scale!!!!

• mistymeadows2005
    Babe, yes! We have VERY similar starting and current weights, and I still see myself as a large person...more than one of my family members have asked if I'm done losing, because they see the changes my brain doesn't yet. I do the EXACT. SAME. THINGS.

The mental aspects are HUGE to me...especially bc May/June my anxiety was sky high with all the transitions, so if I didn't have fasting to at least help (and meds LMAO) I don't know where I would be/have ended up :D

I haven't noticed the stamina as much but that could be because I'm just generally a lazy person but glad this is a win for you :)

Great work babe...almost thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I wanted to write about some additional side effects of weight loss I noticed.

I can move so much easier. It's just easier to climb steps, easier to walk long distances and generally i get less wheezy and breathless and can walk further before getting tired. It really is very noticeable. I am slowly getting to the 60 pound lost range (now i'm at around 59) and i can surely see the difference in my stamina.

Its unbelievable to me that i lost so much weight. My mind cant really keep up. I still feel the same mentally.. Weird! The mind is still saying i will never get to 150 lbs and that its not possible and now i'm at the doorstep (i'm 151), crazy.. What is happening. I write my weight 160 something and then i realize i messed up the numbers and i'm 151.. This really is a huge mental shift/breakthrough to me.

I also noticed small mental improvement in handling issues. I think Joe mentions some of these side effects, will re listen that video. There is an underlying calmness about things i can't explain (its not like that at all on the surface where things are very turbulent but below/deep down i can feel the calmness). Not sure if that makes sense. I think by 'giving up' acting on our urges with food and accepting things 'it is what it is' that's what has to be done, does something to us in a broader sense.

Fasting is a very powerful tool and i agree that the energy that is being released (and now not stuffed down with food) has to be used for a useful hobby etc. otherwise i become restless and dare i say unpleasant . I wake up early nowadays and i HAVE to do things otherwise i get jittery. I see other people wake up really late by which time i have done all my chores etc and i feel kinda out of sync. This is an interesting path.. :)

Good day to all OMADers. :)

YES, YES, YES, YES!!! I know what you are feeling. I'm getting giddy just remembering how that initially felt. You'll keep riding that high for some time to come--and then you'll set a new bar. You'll have to because life will compel you to move on.
  • jadepearl
    You are doing amazing! :) That's so true, I love it when things become easier for me - climbing up the stairs or jogging with my kids without becoming breathless. However, right now, I still can't see a smaller me...I keep telling myself that when I hit 50kg, I will see her.. fingers cross.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Great job. It's been 5 days since you posted.....I bet you're under 150 now.
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    edited July 2019
    Haha! I wish!! Unfortunately for me it's rather sloooow.
    Maybe cause my bmi is 22.5 and my body is now not in a hurry. :D

The lowest i weighed this week was 150.7 the highest 154.6 (after splurge day). I think my 'real' weight is about 152 at the moment.
    I will eventually get to my 'mini' goals (150, 145, 140, 135 and maybe 130 depending on how i look). Everything below 150 is good to be honest. If Im UK size 12 (M) i'm good anyway (I'm 14 now (L). My goal would be size 10 but its mostly like a dream thing.

I also have to add that i don't do this in a militant fashion (which is obvious from my trends :D ) because i always found that if i restrict too much i rebel/have enough and can't do it long term. If I see the trend is generally downward I'm happy. On average my weight went down almost every week this year so that's what counts.
    I am not a beach body model (unfortunately) who is getting ready for the competition, this is mostly for me to feel comfortable in my own skin.

This does work but requires perseverance.
  • jadepearl
    I am just like you right now 😞 My weight loss is very very slow now. Its great news that your weight goes down each week for the whole year👍 Before you know it, you will be in 140s land👌👍❤️
  • mistymeadows2005
    I so agree babe...I'm no super rigid about it anymore because the last few pounds will be SO SLOW, so I'm taking my focus off of this - as always, nice work babe :)
  • greenandblack77
    greenandblack77 Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks for sharing the "side effects". It's great to be reminded of those!

• 10/01/18 - 210.0 lbs (SW)
    15/09/18 - 173.0 lbs
    29/09/18 - 170.8 lbs
    13/10/18 - 170.2 lbs
    09/11/18 - 169.6 lbs
    23/11/18 - 167.4 lbs
    07/12/18 - 167.4 lbs
    21/12/18 - 165.4 lbs
    11/01/19 - 166.6 lbs
    25/01/19 - 165.1 lbs
    08/02/19 - 162.3 lbs
    22/02/19 - 158.6 lbs
    08/03/19 - 158.7 lbs
    12/04/19 - 159.5 lbs
    26/04/19 - 158.4 lbs
    10/05/19 - 156.6 lbs
    24/05/19 - 155.3 lbs
    07/06/19 - 157.5 lbs
    21/06/19 - 154.8 lbs
    05/07/19 - 151.9 lbs
    06/08/19 - 150.1 lbs

Well, here I am at the 150s and not being happy! Jeeez. I wonder if i'll ever be happy with my weight. I still feel big even though my BMI says 22.2 however I'm still kinda UK size 14 (wanna be 10 now, but 12 the most) and i have seen a photo of myself someone took and i am not where i want to be at all.. :/ Still find this too big.. :'(

I am so looking forward to the 140s and revised my ugw (yet again) as 130.. I am small framed so according to people in the know my ideal weight range should be 126-140. I find omad ok, some days are harder than others but i'm very consistent.

I totally agree that the more food we eat the more we want to eat and the more times we eat the more often we want to eat. Human nature is strange, our natural tendency is to want more of everything even if it leads to our destruction. I wonder why that is biologically.

Ohh i'm sooo philosophical today.

Anyhow i hope there will be a moment when i look into the mirror and i say: Yep that's it!

I do suffer from a bit of a body dysmorphia I think also. It's hard not to when i was so overweight for so long (6 years) and my mind just doesn't want to catch up. I regret that 6 years, I wish i would have known this method back then. Oh weeelll.. Hindsight is great isn't it..
  • volgirl1322
    WOW your chart is amazing you have come so far!!!!! I know it is so hard for us (women the most I think) to be happy with how we look, but do what feels right to you and whatever that is hopefully you will be happy! It is just so hard I agree to see pics and still not feel this is enough. Like you, I was over 200 when my journey started and now, even now sometimes I am just like I still feel like I am that size. Maybe our brains will catch up one day!

Super proud of all your amazing success!!!!! <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Oh body dysmorphia - I think we all have it. My family CONSTANTLY is like "uhhhh you're going to stop now right? YOU'RE SO THIN!" (My SO included which is hard) - and I still see myself as big - it's no fun, but at some point we have to put our HEALTH first.

I was SO convinced that 135 was my UGW but after adjusting mentally, I think that'd be far too thin and not look good or RIGHT.

That being said, I personally SAW the progress the most with the last 10 pounds so maybe the 140s will put you in the same mindset - you've done AMAZING so don't forget to give yourself HELLA credit for the hard work you've done <3
  • jadepearl
    Hugs to you <3 I know how you feel as I feel the same way too. I remember you mentioning that you are 5 feet 10 or did I remember wrongly? Have you compare yourself at your SW and now? Don't be so hard on yourself...you have come so far and have done an amazing job! May be by next week, you will see 140s. Cheering you on from Down Under <3
  • Thank you ladies, I really appreciate the kind words!

Yeah body dysmorphia is real! I dont know how i look like :s

It's a good idea to concentrate to this next 10 pounds (to get to 140). Don't get me wrong i'm super happy with what i achieved, still.. We want more and faster - I think this mentality got me into trouble the first place!!

I do have photos from the 'larger' days and they seem quite different, I don't doubt the 60 pounds lost, just not where i want to be. I'm 5 9 but small framed. I read my starting post on this forum and at that point it was 37 pounds lost.. So since i'm here a lot happened apparently B) I will push on this 10 pounds (today was 149.9 first time in the 140s, just about..)

Anyhow wish you and all continued success and thank you for the amazing support!