TEAM: Run Track Minds (July)

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do to achieve your goals?
    9othzgb943eb.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday 07/06)
    Track: 🤩
    Calories: 😯
    Exercise 20+mins: 30 mins. 😅
    8+ water: 🤩
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: 🤩
    • Plan / pre-log food: 😕
    • NO post-dinner snack: 🤩
    • Kitchen Closed: 🤩

It's not pretty. But at least I'm back to tracking, every bite.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Week 4 weigh in Friday
    PW144.3
    CW 143.1
    Loss this week: 1.2 lbs
    Hi. I am Fivepts. I have been doing this challenge for a couple of months now. My life is pretty hectic but I have managed to stay on course and drop a tiny bit of weight each week. I still need to lose a good bit and hoped that I would be able to lose more quickly. But at this point, I am glad I am losing and not gaining. I run a guest house and do a lot of cooking, hosting and entertaining. I often feed over 30 people for a month at a time, so my life is immeshed with food. I have recently learned that I am a sugar/flour addict and the realization that I have to practice abstinence rather than moderation has helped me to lose over 30 lbs in the last six months. I did IF for the first three months but the summer has been more difficult. I am planning to get back to that when my life calms down. I usually hike between 3 to 12 miles a day and swim a lot in the summer but that's about it for exercise. I will be traveling a good bit for my work this month but I will try to stay on track. I am the mother of 3 teens and a wonderful husband and have countless kids and young adults from difficult homes who have adopted me as a stand-in mom. Best of luck this month to everyone!
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Saturday
    Track: Yes, after the fact, and with some necessary guesstimates with my grandma cooking breakfast.
    Calories: Over, but not as bad as I thought it would be.
    Exercise: light walking. Probably about 15 minutes.

My grandparents have a “fish camp” of sorts, about 20 minutes from home, and the plan for yesterday was to take my kids with my parents and grandparents and my aunt and her similarly aged kids to the river after breakfast. Then the baby got sick. I ended up staying home with her and sitting out of the kayaking and fishing. So my activity was limited to cleaning my kitchen and spending an hour at the river last night while running some supplies over.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I haven’t been on much between my tech failure, and adjusting to my new phone. For those who asked, my interview seemed to go pretty well, but now it’s waiting a reasonable amount of time after the holiday to hear back from them.

In dieting news, I am trying to reassess my eating habits, since I can never seem to make keto work for me. So working on adjusting back to lower calorie, though I want to still avoid bread and pasta because I feel like I am more mentally on point when I avoid gluten.
  • mawash9
    mawash9 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Username: mawash9
    Week: Sunday, July 7, ‘19
    PW: 243.6
    CW: 239.2
    One thing I did well: - eating well most days during the week
    One thing to improve: Start resistance training at the gym membership I am not using😂
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Username: bootssowhite
    Week: Sunday, July 7 (Week 2)
    PW: 268.4 lb
    CW: 266.0 lb 🙌🏼
    One thing I did well: Man, it's hard to narrow it down to one thing; this week went pretty well. I proud that started counting calories again. I also did a good job of getting back on track quickly when things started to go off the rails. In the past, I would let one bad meal mess up the entire day (or week), but this week, I logged those calories and then did what I could to get in under my daily goal. That feels like real progress.
    One thing to improve: Well, I could avoid going off the rails at all, but I also need to focus on drinking more water, especially while I'm at work. It's so hot, and I basically sweat constantly.

@JamieD328 🤞🏼 Waiting after the interview might be the hardest part of the job search.

@MADDIESMOMMY6611 Congrats on ONEderland!!
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Username: red1185
    PW: 166
    CW: 164

One thing I did well: I got back on track with my diet and exercise - not eating when I’m not hungry, not overindulging. I met my exercise goal for the week, as well!

I’m super proud I went to a Mexican restaurant, and did not eat an entire basket of chips/queso/salsa, did not order alcohol, and did not eat a meal because I was not hungry! That is a NSV (non-scale victory) for sure!!!

One thing to work on: continuing my exercise throughout the week even when I’m tired.
  • Kate_X4
    Kate_X4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Username: kate_x4
    Weigh in day: Sunday, July 7 July Week #2
    PW: 255.8
    CW: 252.0

One thing I did well: I stayed under my calories and moved my body tons!!

One thing to improve: drink more water and I'd like to find some at home strength training!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @red1185
    @Kate_X4
    Nice losses! Keep it up!

I went 'shopping' in my wardrobe today (total loss so far 23 lb) and found a few items I'd completely forgotten I owned and they fit!
  • johicks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @jwall309~ I am enjoying what you are learning on your journey. Thank you for sharing. Yes. A healthy lifestyle. :) 👏🏽 And… .6 is a good loss for you being “hands-off” as you put it. :)
    @jupdyke~ Welcome back!! So glad you had a great time! At least the “routine” you will be getting back to will be summer break vs. school. Yeah! :) Good job on tracking and being under after vacation. Awesome!
    @MADDIESMOMMY6611~ It didn’t even dawn on me…. WOOOOHOOOOOO!! ONEderland! 👏🏽

What am I going to do to achieve my goals!? Get back to basics… good daily habits. I have two good habits that always stick with me: 1) drinking plenty of water and 2) Saying morning affirmations. So now I really need to get a third one to stay with me…. 3) Tracking no matter what! And that will lead to #4) … eating well all day to not have the urge to eat after dinner. And #5) Exercising every day for at least 30 mins.

I posted my Saturday, but not my weigh-in yet. I gained. But, I am already on track today to HAVE A GREAT DAY! Weigh-in results later, I need to encourage all of you to get some more positiveness in my life at this moment. And also, get ready to post for week #1 results of July!

@Fivepts ~ Yes. You are quite busy, but also active and very aware of your eating/ addiction. I congratulate you on a 1.3# loss 👏🏽 for week #1 in July, not 1.2# Yeah!! I’m not sure how we keep getting different numbers than one another. Regardless… you’re doing great!
    Previous post from Fivepts. . . June 29, 2019 4:04 PM
    Friday Weigh-in
    Week 4
    PW 145.8
    CW 144.4
    lost 1.4

So for July week #1
    PW: 144.4
    CW: 143.1
    Lost 1.3lbs

So for July week #2
    PW: 143.1

@JamieD328~ Yeah.. sounds like a fair to good Saturday. Good job! Even tracking after the fact is still better than not tracking. Because you are being honest with self, and it could prevent (it usually does for me) from eating more. BUT you still made the most of it by getting out to the river for an hour, rather than not at all. :) You got this! Making adjustments as life throws you other plans. Thanks for the update on the interview. Sending you positive vibes! I also attempt to eat less bread, pasta, etc. I don’t completely avoid it as it makes me crave it more. I do like filling up in the morning with oatmeal as a carb versus toast. That helps. Then allow one piece or 1/3C of something with dinner. That’s when I am doing MY BEST! 🌞 And fruit instead of those carbs (or the candy jar) at the office.

@mawash ~ Mike, Amazing loss!! 👏🏽 Good eating during the week paid off. Yep… resistance will help even more. I need to get back to my good habit, too! But at home with free dumbells.

@bootssowhite~ Great loss and a great week on things you did well. Wonderful!! 👏🏽 It’s hard going off the rails, I think you did so well at adjusting to pull in the reins to not go completely off. Yeah you!!

@red1185~ Nice loss!! 👏🏽 Great week on all that you did well. Awesome! Yes HUGE NSV… good job. Yep… exercising is good for the heart, body, and soul! :) You can do it. Keep the loss going.

@Kate_X4~ Wooohooooo! Great loss! 👏🏽 Did you view the youtube videos … BodyFit by Amy? Here is to another good week… keep it going.

@Perla4686~ LOVE it!! 👏🏽 Finding clothes in the closet that now fit… NSV!! Woooohooooo!
  • johicks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    suh9g3s9kpve.jpg
    🌞 🌞 JULY WEEK 1 🌞 🌞
    🌞 JUNE 30TH - JULY 6TH 🌞
    37 MEMBERS
    25 (67%) of us weighed in
    16 (64%) had a loss or stayed the same for a loss of 28.8lbs!!
    🌞 🌞AWESOME JOB TEAM 🌞 🌞
    Our losses = 28.8 lbs, our gains =17.6 lbs, and our overall net loss = 11.2 lbs.

wesag93jwjbk.png
    RUN TRACK MINDS- Together!
    HUGE congrats to our ONE teammate who posted daily as part of the RTM Mini-challenge, despite and through the holiday!!

5pqwlglso9ee.jpg
    Kudos to the following for posting 2+ times this week to encourage your teammates:
    u49wa07jtawx.gif

• bhlavac5560
    bhlavac5560 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Username: bhlavac5560
    Sunday July week 2
    PW 277
    CW 277.4

It’s a gain, but it’s small.

• jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @johicks thanks for the warm welcome back. I have 1 more week off until I start teaching summer reading. I'm back to the gym tomorrow. Sounds like you have a great plan laid out. You've totally got this.
  • johicks
    Options
    @bhlavac5560~ Yep it’s small and you’re still at an overall loss for the month. Let’s give this week our all!! :)
    @jupdyke~ You’re so welcome. Yep… gotta plan. Gonna DO-IT! Thanks!

• johicks
    Options
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, July Week 2 (7/07)
    PW: 249.6
    CW: 250.0
    One thing I did well: Every morning I woke up with the right attitude and plan in place to NOT GIVE UP!
    One thing to improve: Continue that attitude & determination through good habits to not have the urge to indulge at night- late night snacking.
  • johicks
    Options
    n5y3w9md4ame.gif

Please don’t give up on yourself or this challenge. I apologize if I missed it, looking for weigh-ins for July Week #1 for the following:
    @NK9O …………...SUN
    @LuluLovinLife……...SUN
    @Melanie1979a……..MON
    @pparadee…………...MON
    @bakay138…………..WED
    @dantarbox…………..WED
    @deepthimudigonda..WED
    @thinkthingem……….WED
    @GoalDigger11……...THU
    @Hey3432…………….THU

28l7m0mtrxzz.gif

• johicks
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    n5y3w9md4ame.gif

Please don’t give up on yourself or this challenge. I apologize if I missed it, looking for weigh-ins for July Week #1 for the following:
    @NK9O …………...SUN
    @LuluLovinLife……...SUN
    @Melanie1979a……..MON
    @pparadee…………...MON
    @bakay138…………..WED
    @dantarbox…………..WED
    @deepthimudigonda..WED
    @thinkthingem……….WED
    @GoalDigger11……...THU
    @Hey3432…………….THU

28l7m0mtrxzz.gif
    correction, @GoalDigger11- you did!! :smiley:
  • johicks
    Options
    qaw7dqyz1n14.gif
    Awesome RunTrackMinds finished in 2nd place for week #1 in July!
    OUR top three for July week #1 had a total loss of 12.4lbs
    fm0a53euo045.gif

🥇 1st - @GoalDigger11. - 2.21% - 3.4lbs
    🥈 2nd - @Gustaaf85. - 2.10% -4.6lbs (2.08kg)
    🥉 3rd - @bootssowhite. - 1.61% -4.4lbs

AB0215 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 1 WINNER @pandygirl19. - 4.58%
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg
    AND TO THE BIG BUTT THEORY FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 1!!
    July Week 1 is now in the books! Week 1 of a new month is always a great time for a reset and recommitment. Great job everyone! Below are the full results for Week 1.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @pandygirl19. - 4.58%
    2nd - @crystalbarton31. - 2.37%
    3rd - @SHEFITT45. - 2.34%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.36%
    💖💝2nd - Run Track Minds. - 0.28%💖💝
    3rd - Flab-U-Less. - 0.28%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:
    The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @pandygirl19. - 4.58%
    2nd - @SHEFITT45. - 2.34%
    3rd - @drea2011. - 1.79%

The Slimsons
    1st - @jeapri17. - 1.73%
    2nd - @lsjhudson. - 1.54%
    3rd - @galeroke. - 1.37%

Gutbusters
    1st - @crystalbarton31. - 2.37%
    2nd - @MKC258. - 1.70%
    3rd - @Stimpy56. - 1.29%

💖💝Run Track Minds 💖💝
    1st - @GoalDigger11. - 2.21%
    2nd - @Gustaaf85. - 2.10%
    3rd - @bootssowhite. - 1.61%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @leni1us. - 2.17%
    2nd - @ldenzel. - 1.59%
    3rd - @Starshine15. - 1.54%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @pandygirl19. - 13.6 lbs.
    2nd - @ldenzel. - 4.8 lbs.
    3rd - @crystalbarton31. - 4.8 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 19.6 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 13.1 lbs.
    Gutbusters - .6 lbs.
    💖💝Run Track Minds - 14.6 lbs.💖💝
    Flab-U-Less - 15.7 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 63.6 lbs
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily mini report
    Run: woohoot!! did C25K week 5 run 3. I really didn't think I'd be able to complete it (big jump from the previous run) but I did it! Was a real hard push, so pretty pleased with myself.
    Track: yes and under
    Mind: feeling strong! A few months ago, I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me I'd run 20 minutes straight, I could barely run 1! So if I can, you can too!
This discussion has been closed.