Is anyone starting July 1st?

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

You may surprise yourself! Just take it slow and you can push through this one! You are ready for this!
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    @Perla4686 I agree with @just_ceci, believe you can, take it easy, and maybe you will! I only graduated from the program last week and still dont quite believe that first 20 min run happened! But, once it did, I knew anything else was possible and have kept on going to train for a 10km. Good luck!

I did it!! I still can't quite believe it!! It was hard work and the last 4 mintutes were a real push and a bit slow but I ran the whole 20 minutes!!!
    Thanks for the thumbs up! You gave me the push I needed!

Congrats! The 20 minute run was a mental hurdle yet also a mental game changer for me. I felt empowered once I completed it.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Yeah @Perla4686 well done!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Well done, @Perla4686 !

I completed w1d3 on Friday afternoon. It is so hot here now, but I'm determined. We'll see how my determination holds when I am in Southeast Texas next week with even hotter temps and more humidity!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Thanks everyone!
  • emmamcgarity
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Well done, @Perla4686 !

I completed w1d3 on Friday afternoon. It is so hot here now, but I'm determined. We'll see how my determination holds when I am in Southeast Texas next week with even hotter temps and more humidity!

I live in Southeast Texas. Drink lots of water. Run slowly. The mornings are cooler than the evenings but I generally run after sunset.

• savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    W2D1 went great! I thought it would be harder but it surprisingly wasn't.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    W2D1 went, well it went. It feels really tough whilst I’m doing it and it would be very easy to walk instead. Yet after the cool down I feel like I could run again. I don’t know of that means I am pushing to hard or not hard enough?
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,372 Member
    W4D3 completed yesterday - feels ok so on to week 5!
  • Pearl4686
    W2D1 went, well it went. It feels really tough whilst I’m doing it and it would be very easy to walk instead. Yet after the cool down I feel like I could run again. I don’t know of that means I am pushing to hard or not hard enough?

I was similar. So I guess it's alright. Some weeks felt really though, but then it got easier. I don't think there's a right or wrong way of doing it, as long as it feels alright and challenging but do-able. My understanding is, if you can't finish one, repeat it until you manage to finish it, before moving on to the next one. Good luck!
  • Pearl4686
    W4D3 completed yesterday - feels ok so on to week 5!

Well done! Week 5 is challenging, but feels great when you get to the end!
    Good luck!
  • emmamcgarity
    The first few weeks were the toughest for me. Building up endurance was hard. It got easier after week 3
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    I finished W2D1 last night. It was rough but I did it without having to walk any of the running parts! It will still be awhile before I'll be able to keep up with my son but I'm getting there!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I also did W2D1 yesterday. We had a storm roll through late afternoon and I went out just afterwards, so it was a little cooler than on Friday!
  • emmamcgarity
    @MisshaChan this group just started c25k within the past week or so. You may find it encouraging to join them.
  • nkolpean
    nkolpean Posts: 94 Member
    @VanVanDiane congrats on your run!!! I just completed W5D1 today as well.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,372 Member
    Congrats @nkolpean - I'm not looking forward to day 3!
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    W2D2, still doing good! Kinda looking forward to Day 3 on Friday!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    edited July 2019
    You are my motivation @savannahs21, W2D2 done. Slight twitch from landing on the down slope of a sleeping policeman but I will keep you company. Added this into my walk and ended up with 5 miles at 4.8 mph average which was a nice workout.

A runner friend told me my struggle when running was because I wasn't breathing correctly - I breathe in, then out - I was hoping it wasn't much more complicated than that!
  • Tanith1992
    Tanith1992 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi I'm new to the group! I've just started this week.
    W1R2 completed - I find the second to last running minute the hardest, maybe a mental thing? I feel like I have very little fitness or endurance, but I'm hoping to see this improve.
    Well done to everyone else, it's motivating to see everyone doing so well.