Options

Replies

• jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday July 9
    Track: Yes
    Calories: a tad over, but under my mfp goal
    Exercise: Ran 2.5 miles this morning...that's all I had time for. I am watching my friends kiddos the next few weeks and working the reading program, so time crunching, but I'll definitely get it all in. Super pooped tonight.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday July 9:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

I dealt with some challenges today and turned to being positive and productive instead of turning to food. This is a big deal for me!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday 07/09)
    Track: 🤩
    Calories: 🤩
    Exercise 20+mins: 30 mins 👣
    8+ Water: 💧💧 +💧💧+💧💧+💧💧= 8 💧💧 =10 💧💧💧=13
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: 💯
    • Plan / pre-log food: 💯
    • NO post-dinner snack: 🛑
    • KITCHEN CLOSED: 🚫
    Morning exercise is THE best! Today I got in upper body w/5# weights. Wooohoo! Unfortunately it was too hot for a mid-day walk. Exercise truly does seem to help with the mindset and binges. So I need a good journal about this to print and read often. Gotta get off the 2-week gain and end July with a new low weight. Ending day 3 with another DO-IT! DID it!!!
  • Kate_X4
    Kate_X4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday July 9:
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, short walk.

• klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: Tuesday

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Treadmill interval run and lofted lower body
    Day: Another very busy work day. So glad I got my workout in early and drank my water. I want to try to be more present with my kids when I'm home, especially after long days
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hr bootcamp
    Goal/Day: WOW, gotta make sure next time I take a vacay to at least do some kind of exercising because after taking a week off I thought I was going to need an oxygen tank to get through bootcamp 🥵 My plan was to meet up with my Tuesday bleachers group after bootcamp but I just didn't have the energy to do so like I normally do. Hopefully by next Tuesday I'll be able to do both.
  • johicks
    Options
    yx0uldj8u8xb.png
  • johicks
    Options
    🙋🏽 🌅 😎 Goooooooooooooood morning!! I posted my daily mini-challenge early again yesterday and I am pleased to be able to post guilt-free this morning; as the kitchen stayed closed. My hubby woke up and said, “I thought you would be binging.” I said, “Nope. Well, yes on Netflix!” I need to find something lighter at night to watch or switch to reading. I get to caught up in the shows and the emotions get stirred up. So need to be aware- maybe limit that binging, too. Hahaha, I guess EVERYTHING in moderation, right!? Ha!

My morning started out with a gift from Mother Nature. We have had a deer (doe) who had her fawn near us. Our lot has several vacant lots around us that are wooded. So was visiting the fawn via our front yard. One day I got to see them both run across our yard. The last few days the doe and another doe has been in the lot behind us that has an apple tree on it. They have been eating the blossoms. Today I was able to stand on the deck and take pictures. But since the distance was too far, you can barely see it. But I stood outside watching it for a good 5 minutes. Aaaaaaahhhhh! How wonderful.

Okay… on to some coffee and posting! Today again, my mug is … “BELIEVE!”

@LuluLovinLife~ GREAT morning mug! Keep scaring everyone. Love it! :)
    @jwall309~ Monday’s Weathery Mayhem - eeks. Good control on the leftover sweets and glad bf has someplace to take them for you. Dancing… so much fun! A good plan for when mom & sister’s visit. You got this! 👍🏽
    @Kate_X4~ Thank you for sharing your journey with us and posting. Yes, we do have a great team in this group! So much encouragement and support. It makes it so much easier to do this together and to be accountable for our own actions. Glad you are part of our team and enjoying it! :) Good Tuesday-- YEAH!! 👍🏽
    @Perla4868~ Oooh… your class sounds fun! Good job on tracking! 👍🏽 I weigh myself every morning and write it on a calendar. I truly only pay attention to the Sunday weigh-in. The other days are to keep me accountable. If I ignore the scales too much, I end up thinking, “Oh. I don’t weigh-in until Sunday. I have three more days until I weigh. I can eat this and that today.” So weighing in daily for me is a tool, a device, a way for me to stay in check. I try not to connect it with emotions until Sunday. So it’s a personal choice. I also am looking in a full-length mirror more often. Again, not in vain or to judge me. But as a tool to make sure that I SEE ME! If I don’t look at me, then I’ll end up gaining weight. In the past, I went too long w/o looking and then saw photos of myself. EEEKS! So no more of that. Tools in our arsenal to know that we are working on ourselves: body, soul, and mind. :) Progress. That’s all you need to truly see…. Not that number on the scale. At least that’s what I try to focus on… progress.
    @jupdyke~ Awesome run and a good Tuesday. Yeah!! :)
    @skullsandskeletons~ That is a big deal! 👏🏽 Good job! So excited for you!
    @klilev~ Yeah to a good morning workout! Making a commitment to yourself and then also to your family is a balancing act sometimes. You’re doing great!! Keep going. You got this! 👍🏽
    @ajaia2001~ Good Tuesday... You did it all... Run, Track, Mind. Wow! I can’t believe that your stamina depleted so fast after all that you do. Lesson learned, eh? Walking is an easy exercise that a person can do anywhere, anytime. Glad you paced yourself and did only one of the two Tuesday exercises. Here’s to another healthy day!! 👍🏽

Okay…. Time for me to get in my morning exercise. It’s leg day! I doubt I’ll be able to walk in the hot and humid day. So will try to get in some extra minutes. Especially since hubby is still sleeping.

Have a great day! Hope your stumbles are few and far between. But if you do, we’re here to help you get back up! You got this!! 👍🏽

wc7qkwz5qk2b.jpg
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Over by 22
    Day: A good day, BF took most of the sweets in but left some behind since I made lemon bars and they are my moms favorite AND its her birthday tomorrow, so wanted to keep some so she could have a little birthday treat. I successfully avoided eating any after work even though I was very tempted after dinner. Instead I took a shower and got ready for bed slowly, then at that point it was late enough that I just had a glass of water and laid down.

This morning (Wednesday) I finally stepped on the scale for the first time since Friday and oh boy have I gained....feeling very discouraged. It is my TOM, so I'm really hoping its a lot of water weight and dinner last night had a lot of salt too. Im going to drink a lot of water today and I hope it goes back down. The past two weeks I have really struggled with motivation. I usually try to put a positive spin on my posts on here, but I am really struggling lately and I want to be honest. But still checking in here daily (even when I don't post), has helped me not completely give up! So thank you all for the motivation, honesty, and support. I may be crawling rather than running right now, but thats better than stopping and I will keep reminding myself of that!
  • johicks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @jwall309

Good strategy on resisting the sweets. Bummer about the scale. I'm glad you are checking in daily. The process is a struggle. I saw the perfect photo to share for you.... The transformation from caterpillar to butterfly. I'll post after this. Remind me besides tennis what you were doing for exercise? Hope you can figure out how to shake it up and OFF!!o
  • johicks
    Options
    7owozx4675hb.jpg
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    As always thank you for your support and words of wisdom @johicks! We haven't played tennis in awhile as the weather here in DC has gotten so hot and humid. I'm waiting to join a gym until we move and I know what is accessible from our new part of town. But I do need to find other ways to exercise outside of the gym in the meantime. I'll brainstorm about what would appeal to me and keep me motivated this week!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily mini report Wednesday
    Run: no workout today :/
    Track: mostly but some guessing.
    Mind: TOM made an appearance and I wasn't feeling very well. Exhausted and a bit lethargic so I ate lazily, without tracking properly and then guessed how much I had. I was, however, mindful of WHAT I ate and stayed away from the junk I would normally go for. So, overall, still a good day for me.
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    For those struggling, I just wanted to say, I feel for you. I really struggle to get back in the zone once I fall off the wagon. So now, I try to treat myself regularly, so I don't crash. This strategy has kept me on track for a little while now and might work for some of you. Having said that, I stay away from the stuff I know I can't moderate (home-made baked goods for me) as I've learnt I can't have just 'the one', it turns into a binge.
    Learn what works for you and get in touch with yourself. Wishing you all much success!!
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    @johicks isn't it interesting how different things work for different people? I am best off only weighing weekly, as those daily fluctuations mess with my brain and I have an all-or-nothing approach --if the scale goes up, I might as well eat!.
    But as much as I know this, I still keep getting on that scale every morning!
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track: with painful honesty
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: Yes, I walked the mall for over an hour and a half.

I had to be out very early this morning, for an appointment to drop our rescue beagle off to be spayed, so instead burning gas to spend a total of 4 hours in my car just to drive home and back again, I killed time until the mall there opened for the senior citizens to make their laps and joined in. Unfortunately the lunch I ate was high calorie, which wasn't wise the day before my weigh in. But tomorrow is another day...
  • Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi all, today i did an all time high on daily steps at 12,996. I was so pleased with myself i had to tell.
    Have a wonderful Thursday everyone 🙂🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️🧘‍♂️
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Calories: Over by a little bit, but under mfp
    Exercise: Strength training-back & chest with some abs, and walk with the pup.
    Day: A good day! Worked a bit this morning, had my friend's girls all day. I have been home alone all night, very strange! Off to another day tomorrow. Have a great night everyone.
  • johicks
    Options
    b]Daily Post (Wednesday 07/10)[/b]
    Track: 🤩
    Calories: 🤩
    Exercise 20+mins: 40 mins 😅
    8+ Water: 💧x16
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: 💯
    • Plan / pre-log food: 💯
    • NO post-dinner snack: 1 sugar free jello w/ fat free whipped topping.
    • KITCHEN CLOSED: in control.
    Morning exercise: leg-day was good, HIIT cardio, squats, a resistance band, hand weights, etc. I don’t mind feeling that I worked those muscles. Wednesday night with mom, we did something different. We went to the senior center and played B-I-N-G-O. We didn’t know what to expect, but glad she is willing to try new things. Packed my dinner & a yummy snack in case they had snacks. Got home later than expected, had a snack and stayed up late with hubby. Ending day 4 with another DO-IT Attitude! And I DID it!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday July 10
    Calories: way under
    Exercise: no but lots of steps

This is totally not who I am, but I was too stressed to eat enough today. Under 1000 calories. I will aim to get my nutrition right tomorrow. Work is just really stressful now. Good night all.
This discussion has been closed.