WORKOUT WARRIORS TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @skockvalue07 Morning! Shoutout for a fabloulous kick butt day!

June 8th Steps

I am looking forward to golfing πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ today! Wishing everyone a terrific day! Here is to achieving goals!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @RubyRed427 Morning! I know what has worked best for me is to ensure I have a proper breakfast with some type of protein. It helps me sustain throughout the day. I have been trying to hit my macros @ 40 % (good carbs, fruit etc, no breads and rarely pasta), 30% fat and 30 % protein.

Love your pic! πŸ’•πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ”₯πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @RubyRed427 I tried Slim Fast once and I did horribly too. I just have to eat real food. As for your current plan, may I suggest finding the rhythm that works for you. My schedule is 9:30, 1:00, and 5:30 with a sometimes afternoon snack depending on how active I’ve been. Dinner is still my biggest meal, but my breakfast is not that far behind and it stays with me. To be honest I didn’t realize that it was some sort of thing, it’s just what I have found that works well for me. Good luck and let us know how it works for you.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    I am looking forward to making a riff on fried rice with cauliflower. Per the recipe β€œAn amazingly healthy twist on takeout fried rice!”

πŸ‘©β€πŸ³ πŸ‘©β€πŸ³πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

https://damndelicious.net/2016/03/30/10-minute-healthy-cauliflower-rice/

INGREDIENTS:

24 ounces cauliflower florets*
    2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
    1/4 teaspoon white pepper
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
    2 large eggs, beaten
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 onion, diced
    6 ounces broccoli florets, chopped
    2 carrots, peeled and grated
    1/2 cup frozen corn
    1/2 cup frozen peas
    2 green onions, thinly sliced
    1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
    DIRECTIONS:

To make the cauliflower rice, pulse cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor until it resembles rice, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
    In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and white pepper; set aside.
    Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add eggs and cook until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping only once. Let cool before dicing into small pieces; set aside.
    Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in broccoli, carrots, corn and peas, and cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
    Stir in cauliflower, eggs, green onions and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through and the cauliflower is tender, about 3-4 minutes.
    Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds, if desired.
  • mrshorntonk
    mrshorntonk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    PW: 182.3
    CW: 181.2
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    PW: 182.3
    CW: 181.2

Thanks for the timely weigh in. Good loss!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    @Fitness327wk that sounds like an interesting recipe. The last 2 nights I've have experimented with different recipes and both came out pretty good. I'm starting to think I might be a good healthy cooker. It's the only way I know how to cook. Nah I can cook unhealthy too and it's good too. >:) We usually go out for the unhealthy stuff. LOL
    @RubyRed427 Have you tried Intermittent fasting? It might give you that boost you are looking for. I have tried a lot of the get results fast diets and they never worked for me long term. CICO is the most sustainable way to lose weight and keep it off in my experiences. It takes patience and persistence.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Steps July 9: 18,695
    Steps July 8: 12,571
  • megnolia82
    Options
    Sorry I’m not replying well. Away for a few days with the kids at my parents’ place. Last night I was at the Weird Al concert. It was wonderful as usual :) any other fans here???
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    Good morning Workout Warriors!!
    Just a quick hello this morning. I woke up late and have to get to work!! Shout out to you @Fitness327wk.
    Hope everyone has a great hump day!!
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Steps

Monday 7/7: 16,883
    Tuesday 7/8: 13,337
    - went for a 24 mile bike ride but didn’t get any steps for it!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @shockvalue07 Morning!! Great, about your healthy cooking recipes. Lol, the cauliflower fried rice came out yummy, however, my husband wanted the β€œreal” stuff! πŸ‘©β€πŸ³πŸ‘πŸ€ͺ😜

July 9th Steps
    9,980 πŸ˜£πŸ˜–πŸ˜ . LOL REALLY!!!! I wasn’t paying attention last night when I took my Garmin off, I would have ran around the house to hit 10,000!!! Played a round of golf ⛳️ and thought I would be over!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Happy πŸ˜ƒ Wednesday!!!! What are your goals, exercise and or eating plans today? β€οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘

My goals for today:
    βœ”οΈ One Hour of Barre πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ
    βœ”οΈ 18 holes of golf πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ ⛳️
    βœ”οΈ 10,000 plus steps
    βœ”οΈ Nothing over 7:30 PM
    βœ”οΈVeggies and Fruit - Healthy Eating
    βœ”οΈ Hydrate! 64 oz

3rucx30ocr7s.jpeg
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    LET’S ROCK IT!!! πŸ’ƒπŸ”₯πŸ’ƒπŸ”₯πŸ’ƒπŸ”₯

03mfyjb8z6zo.png
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Wednesday Wegh in
    Username: Fitness327wk πŸ’ƒπŸŒΈπŸŒΊ
    Week: July week Two
    PW = 137.4
    CW=136.8

Comments: My goal for next week is to lose one and a half pounds: 135.9! πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Step it up and keep going!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @Megnolia83 @runarml

Great steps!!! Rock stars ⭐️!
  • kdv12
    kdv12 Posts: 1,697 Member
    Options
    Steps

7/7 - 17,054
    7/8 - 16,995
    7/9 - 13,583

Today will be low, sat around all morning while my husband had routine test done. Hope to get some steps in this afternoon.
  • Flawless_K
    Flawless_K Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! Super late joining the thread (I registered on June 30). This is my first week. I am trying to do the low carb eating way (not necessarily Keto). I also do a (mostly) daily 15-20 elliptical workout and I walk for about 15-20 minutes at work. We have a huge campus with a bunch of trails.

It's my third day and I miss sugar. But I know it can't miss me back so I am trying to divorce it. The withdrawal headaches aren't as bad as I thought they would be. I am doing a really good job at drinking water. I literally have gone over 24 hours without drinking water in the past (not proud of that)!!!

I am really going to stick to it this time. I have alot of "whys". Most importantly, my daughter Honor. I keep visions of me wearing regular sized clothes that I actually like (not just what fits) in my head as motivation for now.

Cheers and the best of luck to us all!

User: Flawless_K
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Starting: 223.2 (only 5 feet)
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    GOOD AFTERNOON WARRIORS ...I AM BACK ON THE BIG SCREEN

HERE WE GO
    @megnolia82 ... STEPS POSTED THANKS AND WELL DONE....
    @runarml ....,,,,, STEPS POSTED THANKS AND AS USUAL NICELY DONE
    @Fitness327wk. STEPS POSTED, WEIGH IN POSTED, OUTSTANDING GOALS FOR THE DAY
    @kdv12 ............ STEPS POSTED THANKS AND WELL DONE...
    @Flawless_K ....WEIGH IN POSTED...WELCOME TO THE TEAM GLAD YOU WERE FINALLY ABLE TO MAKE IT.

WELL DONE TEAM AND I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT cr4ocd1hpd4x.png

MORE LATER FROM ME BUT I GOTTA CATCH ON SOME MOD STUFF.
  • megnolia82
    Options
    Hey all! I am going to request that my weigh in from last week be carried over for tomorrow please. I’m out of town and I don’t have a scale.

This discussion has been closed.