Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: July 11
    Calories: under
    Water: 12 cups
    Exercise: Daily Burn:18385 steps

Goals July goals
    1) Track: track as soon as a meal over :/
    2) Steps at least 100,000 steps a week :/ ( 96892 week total )
    3)Strength at least once a day <3
    4) Diet one salad, one fruit: <3
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    July 2019
    Week 2
    eromligyppah

PW: 195.6
    CW: 193.8

About time I'm moving down again and not just bouncing back and forth. Averaging 11,285 steps/day, began my marathon training, have run about 17 miles in the last week. No more messing around or I'm never going to hit my goals. Just want to see the 180's in July and it's not that far away now. I'm starting to see a little change in my shoulders and back, my son says it looks weird and it looks like a little line of fat (he's 12) I told him he's a little line of fat and we laughed a bunch. Spartan Race in 1 week, I'm so not ready for it but oh well.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Fitness327wk
    7.10 Daily Check IN (Wed) 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: 18 holes of golf and an hour of Barre
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    genajonas wrote: »
    Week #1 Weigh In - July 3

PW: 198.4
    CW: 198.1

Week #2 Weigh In- July 10

PW: 198.1
    CW: 199.7

Real Talk:My prescription plan refused to cover my script for my eating disorder. I paid for the first month while fighting the appeal. I lost the appeal and they are not budging on their decision. This script cost over $300 and it is not cost effective for me to pay this much. I don't understand the logic, they rather pay for surgery but not a preventive measure. I am unable to track what I am eating until I get a hold of what I am eating. I am good one minute and the next I have polished off a sleeve of Klondike bars, a whole watermelon or whatever else is laying around. I am drinking a ton of water trying to stay hydrated and full so I won't binge. I know it will settle down just hoping I won't pack on to much weight in the process. I am still going to the gym and maintaining my workout schedule and routine, I think that is my only saving grace right now. At first, I was embarrassed and then I realized that this is just a part of my journey that will make me stronger and the end goal so worth it. Been in a dark hole for a while fighting this food demon. I know it will get better I just have to have faith in myself to finish this on my terms.

Insurance companies are really awful when it comes to weight loss medications. Have you talked with your doctor about possibly another medication. When I first started my doctor put me on a medication that was SUPER expensive.....like $700/month. I think it was called QSympia. I was able to get a coupon (goodrx) for one month at $140.00. I ended up not liking the medication anyway...it made me feel terrible. I'm taking Topamax now. It's cheap and it seems to work ok....no side effects. It's used for several types of eating disorders.

They bug us to death at work about not smoking, losing weight, staying healthy, exercising....yet our dumb insurance gives us grief about certain weight loss medications.

Stay strong!!

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    I hit one of my goals this morning. My weight dropped to 191.2, which puts me under a BMI of 35. I'm now "mildly" obese......which is a long journey from where I started. Only 27-28 lbs to being just "overweight". My Dad has dropped 20 lbs on my "diet" so he dropped from slightly obese to just overweight. His back feels better with less weight too.

@CindyJNC1963 CONGRATS! That's amazing! You're doing a really amazing job! Super happy for you!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Thursday, 11 July

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 30 minutes of walking & 3.5 miles of cycling 💪
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    I hit one of my goals this morning. My weight dropped to 191.2, which puts me under a BMI of 35. I'm now "mildly" obese......which is a long journey from where I started. Only 27-28 lbs to being just "overweight". My Dad has dropped 20 lbs on my "diet" so he dropped from slightly obese to just overweight. His back feels better with less weight too.

👍🏾👌🏾🎉🎉🎉🎉CELEBRATION
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No

Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: No
    Exercise: No

Daily Post (Wednesday)

Exercise: Yes

Daily Post (Thursday)

Exercise: Yes

All caught up on here now ☺️
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Fitness327wk
    7.11.19💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: Barre, five mile hike and squats/plank challenge.
    10,000 steps ✔️ Over, will post at end of the day
    Water ✔️
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Monday
    Week 2
    PW: 277.8
    CW: 280.8
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: July 11th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 11,750 steps
  • mylosinggametowin
    mylosinggametowin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday, July 11)

Track: Yes✅
    Calories: Yes✅
    Exercise: Yes✅ walked 3.25 miles tonight around my neighborhood.
    Goals/Day/Comments: this morning was supposed to be a run day but my allergies are kicking my butt! I got out this afternoon and locked out a 5K.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Yes.
    Calories: Nope. Not a chance in hell.
    Exercise: Yes, deconstructing and moving a downed tree (limb, maybe, it was like half the tree really) from my front yard, 45 mins, 75 mins weight training--Snatch Doubles, Clean + Power Jerk Doubles, Jerk Recovery Triples, And Bird Dogs (for core work)
    These might be my best snatches to date, super happy with how my training went today.

Comments: Woke up to tree damage in my front yard, the stupid tree (I guess we can call it a limb) limb was down in my front yard and took up half the yard. Tried to drag it to the back but it was too heavy, which really pissed me off considering how much weight I can lift. So I had to get out tools and cut the thing down into manageable sections, and the whole ordeal took me 45 mins, not fun. I'm calling it exercise since I was sweating (and covered in dirt) when I was done. Took me a while (and more food than I thought it would) to recover and then do my weight training, which then somehow led to a headache, it has been a weird day. The thing is, today was some of the best weightlifting I've done in a while, and all with a headache and fatigued from tree deconstruction. So I guess I will take it. Maybe it's because it required so much more mental strength today that I was hyper focused on getting in some good lifting, no idea, but I am not complaining!
    Some pictures for dramatic effect, even though they don't really do this stupid thing's size any justice. It's almost as tall as I am while laying on it's side about about 10-12 feet long.
    ilaovbon3pd0.jpg
    m2yqwogt6dkq.jpg
  • jeapri17
    jeapri17 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday, July 11

Calories: No. Had an adult beverage AND dessert for dinner, not to mention fried spring rolls!
    Exercise: Yes, stretching 20 min.
  • BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    @CindyJNC1963 I take Topamax also this was an added med as Topamax just sort of takes the edge off. I take it twice a day now without the other med hopefully it will start to help. I think I just have to redirect my mind towards something else (I have no idea what) until I get a grasp on this.
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    💥Daily Post: Thursday, 11th July 💥

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: under
    ☑️Exercise: not today

Comments: whoops!! Forgot to post this on time, but logging another great day 😊👍
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: July 12
    Calories: close
    Water: 12 cups
    Exercise: Daily Burn:12434 steps

Goals July goals
    1) Track: track as soon as a meal over :/
    2) Steps at least 100,000 steps a week :/ ( 90249 week total )
    3)Strength at least once a day <3
    4) Diet one salad, one fruit: <3
  • AB0215
    Options

Real Talk:My prescription plan refused to cover my script for my eating disorder. I paid for the first month while fighting the appeal. I lost the appeal and they are not budging on their decision. This script cost over $300 and it is not cost effective for me to pay this much. I don't understand the logic, they rather pay for surgery but not a preventive measure. I am unable to track what I am eating until I get a hold of what I am eating. I am good one minute and the next I have polished off a sleeve of Klondike bars, a whole watermelon or whatever else is laying around. I am drinking a ton of water trying to stay hydrated and full so I won't binge. I know it will settle down just hoping I won't pack on to much weight in the process. I am still going to the gym and maintaining my workout schedule and routine, I think that is my only saving grace right now. At first, I was embarrassed and then I realized that this is just a part of my journey that will make me stronger and the end goal so worth it. Been in a dark hole for a while fighting this food demon. I know it will get better I just have to have faith in myself to finish this on my terms.
    @CindyJNC1963 I take Topamax also this was an added med as Topamax just sort of takes the edge off. I take it twice a day now without the other med hopefully it will start to help. I think I just have to redirect my mind towards something else (I have no idea what) until I get a grasp on this.

@genajonas There is a prescription discount card that you can get and I've used it at one point for something my insurance didn't cover and I think you can get the generic version and it becomes much more affordable with these options. The discount card can't be used with insurance to lower your costs further but can be used in place of insurance but is really helpful when your insurance won't cover something.
    https://www.goodrx.com/discount-card
    https://www.goodrx.com/topiramate

And I think it's important to try to find healthier habits as well, eating disorders are tough to get through, but it would probably be worth trying to make some new habits along with the medication, ie, trying to add your food into your log before eating it, planning out meals and timing, thinking about if you're really hungry or if you're thirsty and trying a glass of water before you eat something. And when you do have times of bingeing, think about how you felt when you did it, did something trigger it? Maybe start a journal? I think it's worth recognizing the other things that are surrounding the issue as a whole.

And maybe a support group might help too? There are a lot of free options locally and online to help, might be worth looking at. The websites below offer local and online support groups free, maybe start online and see if it's for you? And below that is the entire website where they offer a lot of help for eating disorders in general.
    https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/free-low-cost-support
    https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

Maybe you can find something helpful with that information. That's a tough situation to be in.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,796 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: July 11
    Calories: under
    Water: 96 oz
    Exercise yes walkung
This discussion has been closed.