TEAM: The Slimsons (July)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• AB0215
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to July!

My name is Ashley @AB0215 I will be your captain for this month.

Here's a little about me:
    I am 33, and I have been overweight basically my entire life and in the last 2 years or so, I decided to change that, I have been working towards that goal for the past year. I'm down right at 100 lbs and I still have a way to go, but I will get there. Let's do this!

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month, I'd actually like to encourage this as I know that for me it helps me to have some accountability and helps me reach my goals when I share them..and with that in mind, my goal this month is to lose 5 pounds. I've been training for an Olympic Style Weight lifting competition and that was late last year, did okay, now I have some things to work on before my next one!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!
    Side note--I follow a Ketogenic diet for any that may be interested, I have tons of recipes and resources for anyone interested.

Welcome to July and let's make things happen this month together!!

Your Captain,
    Ashley (@AB0215)
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Hello Team Slimsons,

🏋️‍♂️🤼‍♂️🤸‍♀️WELCOME TO OUR JUNE CHALLENGE! 🤼‍♀️🤸‍♂️🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♀️

My name is Gloria @gjaholy33, once again I will be your Co-captain which means motivating and keeping track of your weight.

I am 40 years old, By God's grace I turned over my issues of my weight and He has instructed me to the Liver Reduction Eating Plan in March month and hopefully I'll be surpassing the baraitric surgery as long as I continue to have success and my doctors are please with my progress. My goal is to weigh between 380-399 by October 23rd so no surgery.

A little more about my history: I have always been obese since the age of 8 weighing 176lbs. Even with parents and doctors putting me on various diets as I child.

Just to encourage those who are struggling with staying on track; I have been trying to get healthy since 2010 and it's a constant struggle but I've learn to set short attainable goals in order to succeed. I didn't seriously try to get healthy until I was 22 weighing 576lbs and was successful losing over 225lbs weighing my lowest as an adult 323lbs. Recently I've been disable due to a work injury in 2015 and need to lose weight in order to get better as I am severely obese at 535lbs in August 2018.

Since August till now I've lost 80.8lbs lbs so now my weight is 456.2lbs. Slowly getting there. Which means I've been able to stop taking my asthma medication and using those inhalers my next goal is get rid of my sleep apnea CPAP machine.

In the past there were a lot of days which the pain was unbearable along with additional health issues which makes it hard for me, since the end of March I have been under new pain management regimen and working with my Physical Therapist, Connie, so things are getting better slowly but surely. Since I am determine to lose 200lbs I know I have to Stay positive and look forward and not back at what I did yesterday.

I am currently STRUGGLING JUST TO MAINTAIN FROM DAY TO DAY on my weightloss journey. So I have been doing a lot of praying and meditating in order to remain positive which is my key to being successful at my goals.

I always set goals for myself and this month my goal is to lose another 30lbs! Take advantage of my free bowling summer pass by going bowling 2-3x a week.

Looking forward to July Challenge!
    REMEMBER WE GOT THIS!

Your Co-captain,
    Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33😃👏🏾👌🏾👍🏾💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽

P.S. you can add me as a friend to get a look at my new recipes or for any extra encouraging words or inspiration.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week (assuming we can remember to do that) and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but we would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: July Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

Once again Welcome to July Challenge!🤼‍♀️🏋️‍♀️

Your Captain Ashley (@AB0215) &
    Co-captain Gloria (@Gjaholy33)
  • AB0215
    galeroke wrote: »
    Hi I'm Lesley and this is my first week on MFP. I have ~ 90lbs to lose. After the birth of my second son I lost 52lbs doing WW but I have regained that plus ~40lbs (he'll be 5 in September). I work full-time as a physiotherapist and its now time to practice what I preach and be a role model not just at work but for my family! But most of all, I need to do this for ME <3

Calorie deficit is going to be my approach and my weight loss goal for July is to get into the next stone bracket (10lbs off from where I am now) and my activity goal is to get the gym 3 times weekly.

Good luck fellow team Slimsons - we've got this!

@galeroke Welcome Lesley! We're glad you're here! It is important to do this for you, but yes ultimately you do want to share your healthy habits with your son so you do also have a good reason to be a healthier version of you! You got this, we're here to help!
  • PuellaPulcherrima
    PuellaPulcherrima Posts: 3 Member
    Hello! My name is Corinne. I'm a college student, currently on break for the summer, and I would like to go back to school 30 lbs lighter than when I left. I'm already 10 lbs down from the end of May, and I'm hoping to lose 10 more in July. To do this, I plan on restricting my calories while exercising to create a large deficit. I also do intermittent fasting on an 18/6 schedule, which I have been greatly enjoying lately. Having a small eating window helps me prevent snacking and keep my calories within range.

I have also been overweight for most of my life (I was born in the 99th percentile for weight, and never seemed to grow out of it!) and I want to enjoy the rest of my life at a healthy weight.

I have a cruise at the beginning of August with my family, and I want to feel a little bit more comfortable in my skin so that I can enjoy myself instead of living with crippling insecurity.

I'm fiercely competitive, and I look forward to working with y'all this month!
  • AB0215
    Hi guys! I’ve been falling off the wagon lately. My biggest incentives outside of healthier living to be around a long time are usually event based. Right now I’ve got six weeks before a cruise celebrating my fiancées’ mother’s 80th bday. I’m hoping to drop the the ten pounds that’ll get me into my cruise clothing. Beyond that I’d love to drop another ten for Halloween but I seem to always get stuck around 177 where the scale freezes and then inches upward eventually - so my long term goal is that hurdle! I thrive in competitions and the new wizards unite game has got me moving so hopefully the energy levels will take off this month and I’ll be good for the team! Looking forward to a month of support with y’all!

@Intrinsicat Welcome to the team! Great goals! And I think we have all been there where we get to a point where the scale seems to get stuck, I know I have, several times, you have to keep plugging along, and sometimes make adjustments along the way to get to your goal, and you can do this! Welcome!!
  • AB0215
    Hello! My name is Corinne. I'm a college student, currently on break for the summer, and I would like to go back to school 30 lbs lighter than when I left. I'm already 10 lbs down from the end of May, and I'm hoping to lose 10 more in July. To do this, I plan on restricting my calories while exercising to create a large deficit. I also do intermittent fasting on an 18/6 schedule, which I have been greatly enjoying lately. Having a small eating window helps me prevent snacking and keep my calories within range.

I have also been overweight for most of my life (I was born in the 99th percentile for weight, and never seemed to grow out of it!) and I want to enjoy the rest of my life at a healthy weight.

I have a cruise at the beginning of August with my family, and I want to feel a little bit more comfortable in my skin so that I can enjoy myself instead of living with crippling insecurity.

I'm fiercely competitive, and I look forward to working with y'all this month!

@PuellaPulcherrima Welcome Corinne! I think it's important to watch what you eat and exercise, just make sure you're getting the proper nutrients while doing it, that's important too!! I also intermittent fast usually 23:1 but always 18:6 and I find it's a lot easier to avoid mindless eating if I've closed that window and then it really forces me to THINK about what I'm putting into my body which really forces me to make better food choices since I don't want to be hungry all day. Welcome to the team!
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Hi, my name is Patricia. I am so happy to have found this team! I had done weight watchers for MANY MANY years but I felt that I was paying money for them to tell me I failed again. I quit in September but my weight has fluctuated and crept up with doctor orders to lose weight.

I love the competition and I am hoping that this helps me stay focused.
  • pamlorbieski
    pamlorbieski Posts: 187 Member
    Right now I’ve got six weeks before a cruise celebrating my fiancées’ mother’s 80th bday. I’m hoping to drop the the ten pounds that’ll get me into my cruise clothing. Beyond that I’d love to drop another ten for Halloween

Wow! I also have my next cruise coming up! We are sailing a Halloween cruise this time...so looking forward to it!
  • pamlorbieski
    pamlorbieski Posts: 187 Member
    Hi team :) My name is Pam. As many of us, I have struggled with my weight also. About 7 years ago I was at my highest weight of 335lbs (on this 5'2 body!). I did manage to lose all the way down to 200. And then...grad school...yikes. Of course I dont blame grad school, it was absolutely my poor coping skills to the stress of grad school and a full time job that got me. I now hover around the 240 mark most of the time. I graduated over 4 years ago and just never got that steam up going again. It is difficult keeping a real schedule for eating and exercise because I work 24 hour shifts. So here I am going to get my act together and learn to make a plan and stick to it! My plan is going to be calorie counting and lowering my carbs (which as a diabetic I am supposed to do anyway). Thanks for having me and I am excited to see everyone's progress!
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hi everyone! I'm Gina and I'm 41 years old. I too have been overweight (to varying degrees) most of my life. I was probably in the best shape of my adult life about 7 years ago before I got pregnant with my first child. I gained a lot during that pregnancy, lost some of it (I probably kept 25-35 lbs), got pregnant again, gained more weight and then have just stubbornly held on to it! I would say I probably have about 50 lbs to lose. I feel like I've done almost every diet that exists, and, honestly, I'm just sick of it! I'm looking for a long-term solution this time. So the weight is coming off more slowly, but hopefully I can keep it off. I focus mostly on eating whole foods, but do have my splurges here and there. I aim to work out 3-4 times a week on average. I work full time and have 2 little kids - so flexibility is key for me. I want to be able to enjoy their birthdays without guilt, have a bite of their pizza when they offer (and not have to say, "sorry, momma is on a diet"), not feel bad about missing a work out because I had to run and pick them up (it happened 2 days ago!) and just generally be a good example to them and hopefully raise them without the weight-issues I've always had.

July will be my 3rd month with The Slimsons. It's really helped me - checking in daily, getting encouragement when I need it and (hopefully) being able to encourage others. For whatever reason, in the last half of June things finally started to "click" for me - I'm finding it easier to stay in my daily calorie allotment, I'm drinking my water and the scale is moving in the right direction! My goals for July include to continue to average 3-4 workouts per week, drink 100+ oz of water 6 of 7 days per week, be more consistent about tracking on the weekends and lose AT LEAST 6 lbs. That will put me back in Onederland! I can't wait to see what July holds for us!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    ✨ Hey Slimsons ✨

My name is Avril, I’m 29 y/o from the UK. I’ve been with this awesome team since around March. I had my first child 7 months ago and when I joined MFP a few months later (Feb this year) I was shocked to learn I weighed 184lbs! I have lost around 37lbs since then which takes me to 147, but I would love to lose a little more as I don’t feel I’m at my “happy weight” just yet. I’ve been struggling to lose any more weight this month, so I’m hoping that will all change in July.

This is a great team full of amazing, supportive and encouraging people, and I’m happy to be a part of the team once again. If you don’t have me as a friend on here, feel free to add me ☺️ I log everyday and my diary can be viewed by friends.

⭐️Goals for July⭐️

Lose at least 5lbs
    Drink at least 70oz of water each day
    Go for more walks
    Don’t loosen the reigns just because I’ve reached my original goal weight

🔥 Lets do it team! 🔥
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Hi, I'm Cindy and I started MFP on October 8th last year. I joined this group last November. I'm 56 years old and I'm 5'2". When I started I weighed 273 lbs and I was miserable. I could barely walk from place to place without getting out of breath. I huffed and puffed just getting out of my car and walking to my office. I could barely fit in the booths at restaurants. My plan has involved cutting my calories down to 1350 calories a day (I'm trying to lower that to 1300 calories a day now) and walking. I started out thinking that it was absolutely crazy to think that I could walk 10,000 steps in one single day. Now, I average 10,000 steps a day and my record is 15,000 steps in a day. I wish I was a workout warrior like some of the awesome people around here...but I'm lazy so I just walk. I try to keep my carbs under 100 grams a day and protein over 100 per day. I also try to limit my sugar to 25 grams a day plus keep the fiber over 25 grams. Those are the only macros that I really watch. Just doing that has taken me from a size 26 to size 16 pants (size XXXL shirt to XL shirt).

Right now my weight is hovering between 195 and 197 so I still have over 60 lbs to lose, but I feel soooooo much better now. My main goals for July include losing 5 lbs and increasing my water intake. June has been a slow weight loss month so I plan for July to be much better. :)
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    Hi Team!

I am Michelle, I’m now 21 years old and living in Germany.

Last month I joined this team Slimsons which is an excellent and supportive team! I am happy to be part of this team again this month.

Since I’m not living with my family, it is easier for me to control my daily diet (also lose the opportunity to enjoy my parents’ meal though). I started to record my diet and exercise about one month before. Plans don’t always work but that’s one of the reasons why diet is hard. Yet, I am pleased to see my current progress, especially when I can wear my shorts again!!!

What difficult for me is that I lose my incentive after I return home from work. That means I have to do everything together in a row: work, exercise and return, so that there won’t be excuses for me to stop. Once I rest, I can’t go further...

Weekends are still challenging because I am not motivated to go outside to exercise even when I planned what to do on weekends. Also, I consume a lot of snacks when I’m staying at home.

**Germany is hot like hell now that stops me from exercising:(((((((

I will try to see how can I optimise my plan!!!

Let’s do it, team:)
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,767 Member
    galeroke wrote: »
    Hi I'm Lesley and this is my first week on MFP. I have ~ 90lbs to lose. After the birth of my second son I lost 52lbs doing WW but I have regained that plus ~40lbs (he'll be 5 in September). I work full-time as a physiotherapist and its now time to practice what I preach and be a role model not just at work but for my family! But most of all, I need to do this for ME <3

Calorie deficit is going to be my approach and my weight loss goal for July is to get into the next stone bracket (10lbs off from where I am now) and my activity goal is to get the gym 3 times weekly.

Good luck fellow team Slimsons - we've got this!

welcome
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Hi all! I have been with awesome team since March, with the exception of May (travel/vacation). Love all the support we give to each other!

Welcome all new teammates! Please feel free to add me as a friend, love to support others!

I started the beginning of the year at 146.9 and knew I needed to get back to my goal weight! My lowest has been 134.5 and right now I am currently 136.5. By the end of July I want to be consistently around 133, goal 127. 👍💕💃👏
  • AB0215
    edited June 2019
    @Fitness327wk
    @dracocapricorn
    @CindyJNC1963
    @o0kody0o
    @OkieGina

Welcome back ladies! You're doing great! So glad to see that you're sticking with us!!
  • AB0215
    Hi team :) My name is Pam. As many of us, I have struggled with my weight also. About 7 years ago I was at my highest weight of 335lbs (on this 5'2 body!). I did manage to lose all the way down to 200. And then...grad school...yikes. Of course I dont blame grad school, it was absolutely my poor coping skills to the stress of grad school and a full time job that got me. I now hover around the 240 mark most of the time. I graduated over 4 years ago and just never got that steam up going again. It is difficult keeping a real schedule for eating and exercise because I work 24 hour shifts. So here I am going to get my act together and learn to make a plan and stick to it! My plan is going to be calorie counting and lowering my carbs (which as a diabetic I am supposed to do anyway). Thanks for having me and I am excited to see everyone's progress!

@pamlorbieski Welcome Pam! I feel your pain, some of it anyway, I was 241 on a 4'10" frame! I finally decided enough was enough. Learning how to fit healthy habits into our lives is really the hardest part, and probably the most important! Glad you're finding the strength to do it! You got this!
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Patricia. I am so happy to have found this team! I had done weight watchers for MANY MANY years but I felt that I was paying money for them to tell me I failed again. I quit in September but my weight has fluctuated and crept up with doctor orders to lose weight.

I love the competition and I am hoping that this helps me stay focused.

@Kin59vara Hi Patricia! Welcome! I have tried Weight Watchers, several times over the years, with little to no success and it was expensive! My doctor told me to lose weight too and sadly, I did lose 100+ lbs and she literally said nothing! Hope your doctor is more excited about you getting your health under control!

This discussion has been closed.