Replies

• jeapri17
    jeapri17 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday, 6/30/19)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. Housework, 30 min.
    Goals/Day/Comments: Today went very well. I stayed under my calorie goal. I'm hungry!
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday 6/30

Calories: Under
    Steps: 12,444
    Exercise: Standup Paddle board 2 hours active calories 475, Treadmill run 20 mins. active calories 190.

My running improving, started adding incline and still able to keep my pace up getting closer to my 10 minute mile. Overall a great day of exercise!
  • sreid92
    sreid92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all. My name is Sam, I’m 27 and I’ve recently hit my highest weight of 225.8! I want to lose weight but lack the motivation once I get a few weeks in. I’m hoping that being on a team such as this one will help me stay accountable. I have 2 young boys at home, a 3 year old and a one year old. It’s a struggle to keep up with them even at this age. They are always on the move! My goals for this month are to stay accountable, continue to track my foods, and hopefully kickstart my weight loss with at least 5 lbs in the month of July. I do well through the day but it’s the sugar cravings and night time snacking that gets me. However, while I’m used to letting myself down and giving up, I HATE letting others down so I hope being part of a team will help keep me going and succeed in the long run. We’ve got this!
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    💪Weekly weigh-in💪

*Weigh in on Mondays*

Username: lsjhudson
    Week: July, week 1
    PW =227.7
    CW=224.2

💥Loss this week: -3.5 lb
    💥Total loss: -8.8 lb
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday 6/30

Calories: Under
    Steps: 12,444
    Exercise: Standup Paddle board 2 hours active calories 475, Treadmill run 20 mins. active calories 190.

My running improving, started adding incline and still able to keep my pace up getting closer to my 10 minute mile. Overall a great day of exercise!

It's good when you see your Progress in running!
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    💪Weekly weigh-in💪

*Weigh in on Mondays*

Username: lsjhudson
    Week: July, week 1
    PW =227.7
    CW=224.2

💥Loss this week: -3.5 lb
    💥Total loss: -8.8 lb

A great loss!
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in: Wednesday

Username: dracocapricorn
    First Day Weight of July: 145.2 lb
    Goal Weight: 137 lb

Week: n.a.
    PW: n.a.
    CW: n.a.

Just to record the weight of the first day this month:)
    Last week I have visited one of my friend so I didn't control my consumption with my weight a slightly increase.

This month I want to aim high and set a weight loss of about 8 lb. Let's see if I can make it!
    I am glad that today it's much cooler than last week!
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Calories: under
    Water: 11 cups
    Exercise: Daily Burn: 16,225 steps

Goals July goals
    1) Track: track as soon as meal over <3
    2) Steps at least 100,000 steps a week <3
    3)Strength at least once a day <3
    4) Diet one salad, one fruit :'( I did substitute zucchini noodles for the pasta my husband made. I had a glass of orange juice at night.)

My weight fluctuates so I do weigh myself daily so that I can adjust something or celebrate something. So I was down this morning. I live in a beach town and love the beach but I make myself earn this time. When I went down a thunderstorm was approaching and everyone was ordered off the beach...... I was the last one off as I had gone for a walk to the river. I am not sure if I look really old.....or it was the fact that no one was on the beach........or that the wind was blowing so wildly that my beach chair was flying out of my arms but one of the beach workers asked if I needed help. :o So I went for a walk and ended up in a jog with weights!
  • pamlorbieski
    pamlorbieski Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Username: pamlorbieski
    Weigh in week: July week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 239.2
    Todays Weight: 240.5

:( ugh. This is not the way to start off. Well, I am hoping I am getting my one off week over with early. Onward!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

July: Week #1

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 197.2
    CW: 195.1

I ended up losing 5 lbs during the calendar month of June. I will take it, given the weekend vacation and all. I REALLY need to focus on getting my 10,000 steps in each day for at least 6 days a week (70,000 steps a week). I dropped the ball on that one last week. I think I eased up a little once the step challenge at work was over.

I'm hoping I can lose at least another 5lbs in July...maybe a little more.

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    sreid92 wrote: »
    Hi all. My name is Sam, I’m 27 and I’ve recently hit my highest weight of 225.8! I want to lose weight but lack the motivation once I get a few weeks in. I’m hoping that being on a team such as this one will help me stay accountable. I have 2 young boys at home, a 3 year old and a one year old. It’s a struggle to keep up with them even at this age. They are always on the move! My goals for this month are to stay accountable, continue to track my foods, and hopefully kickstart my weight loss with at least 5 lbs in the month of July. I do well through the day but it’s the sugar cravings and night time snacking that gets me. However, while I’m used to letting myself down and giving up, I HATE letting others down so I hope being part of a team will help keep me going and succeed in the long run. We’ve got this!

@sreid92 Hi Sara and Welcome!! We always start when motivation is high, but motivation will always fade and when it does, you have to rely on determination and think about what it will mean to you to lose the weight and hit your goal. For me, it was wanting to compete in a lower weight class where I'd be more competitive and each time I got to a new weight class, it was motivating and made me want to keep going. I think that if you figure out what it will mean to you when you get there, that will help to keep you on track! You then just "keep your eye on the prize" so when you go out and skip desert or you opt not to have a 2nd helping of something, you realize it's all for the goal and it makes it a little more tolerable.
    And as for letting us down, it's pretty hard, we have all had those days and weeks where things just didn't go our way, and the reality of that is, we WILL all have them, but it's what you do next that matters most, do you get back up and carry on or do you let one day ruin a whole week and so on...
    You got this!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hey guys, just a quick note:
    If your participating in the daily posts challenge, please label your post as "Daily Post"
    That really helps me when I'm going through and tallying them up!
    Thanks!
  • AB0215
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @CindyJNC1963 Great loss this week and awesome loss for June! And sometimes it's like that, we take a little rest after reaching a goal, I've done it a little with my walking, I haven't been walking as much, and really, I'm okay with that, I've been more focused on stretching and making my hours in my day count more towards other things than just walking around my neighborhood, but if walking is really your primary exercise goal then, sure, work at getting back into it, you have done an amazing job with your weight loss and exercise and have every right to be proud of what you've accomplished and take a little step back and a little rest before continuing on!

@Kin59vara I weigh myself every single day but I don't use it as a way to allow myself to over eat (that is a slippery slope for me, do it one day, I lose allllll control), if my weight fluctuates, it's a sign that something didn't agree with me as I don't eat carbs, so if I see a jump on the scale it's because what I ate caused inflammation, which is something I'm working very hard at removing from my life. It's important for my sport to reduce inflammation in my body so I have more mobility.
    Weighing daily can be a really great indicator that you're heading in the right direction (or the wrong one) and adjust accordingly, and it can tell you a lot of things based on what you're eating. It is important to not freak out if you see a jump on the scale too, you have to take it into context too, ie, what did you eat the day before, was it more carbs than normal, could it have caused inflammation and then in turn are you retaining extra water? Did you drink enough water, because not drinking enough water can cause you to retain water too, so it's important to look at all of those things.

@pamlorbieski One week really isn't a cause for concern, it can be a time for reflection, did you stick to the plan, did you drink enough water, did you eat something and didn't track it and go over the plan? Just take a few minute to think about what could be the reason and move forward, next week is always an opportunity for improvement! You got this!

@dracocapricorn 8 lbs is an ambitious goal, attainable, but ambitious! Stick to the plan and keep monitoring if the plan is working so you can make adjustments if necessary. You got this!

@o0kody0o Awesome loss this week! Great start!

@lsjhudson Awesome loss! Nice start to July!!

@Gadgetgirl259 Nice day! Great exercise!! Great loss!!

@jeapri17 Nice day! Great job staying under!

• Magnificentpanda
    Magnificentpanda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username MagnificentPanda
    Week - July week 1
    Weigh in day Monday
    PW 159
    CW 157.5
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Username: Tdrjustus3
    Weigh in week: July week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 273.8
    Todays Weight: 277.8
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in for Monday:
    Username: OkieGina
    Week: July Week 1
    PW: 205.6
    CW: 206.4

Thank goodness I've been weighing myself daily - otherwise, that gain probably would have really upset me. I actually did pretty good on the actual birthday this weekend (Saturday), but Sunday was a little too splurge-y. Oh well, it's a new week and I know that the weight gain is just a fluctuation (due to the extra carbs and sugar over the weekend) and should be gone in a day or 2! I even packed a salad for lunch today to help speed it's exit.

Both kid's birthdays are finished, so that should help me this month. I'm a little concerned about this week - we only work 3 days, and I definitely seem to do a little better (with my eating and tracking, at least) within the structure of a work week. BUT I have plans to get back to the gym this week and to counteract the days when I might not make it (the gym is by my work, not my house). Now just to make sure my eating stays on track during the long weekend...
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Username: Intrinsicat
    Week: July Week 1
    PW = 189
    CW= 190

I got some sort of flu thing Wednesday night and have been useless past my Zumba class that night! It’s turned into a sinus infection but I’m on the upward slope now. Should be able to get out and do something tonight without exacerbating symptoms...

Also I definitely need to dust off my digital scale. Everyone reporting with a .# is making me miss it over my BFs needle scale 😂
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    galeroke wrote: »
    Hi I'm Lesley and this is my first week on MFP. I have ~ 90lbs to lose. After the birth of my second son I lost 52lbs doing WW but I have regained that plus ~40lbs (he'll be 5 in September). I work full-time as a physiotherapist and its now time to practice what I preach and be a role model not just at work but for my family! But most of all, I need to do this for ME <3

Calorie deficit is going to be my approach and my weight loss goal for July is to get into the next stone bracket (10lbs off from where I am now) and my activity goal is to get the gym 3 times weekly.

Good luck fellow team Slimsons - we've got this!

Welcome Leslie, to Team Slimsons I am sure you will succeed in meeting all your goals you set for yourself. In this group you will receive lots of motivation for one another.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Corinne. I'm a college student, currently on break for the summer, and I would like to go back to school 30 lbs lighter than when I left. I'm already 10 lbs down from the end of May, and I'm hoping to lose 10 more in July. To do this, I plan on restricting my calories while exercising to create a large deficit. I also do intermittent fasting on an 18/6 schedule, which I have been greatly enjoying lately. Having a small eating window helps me prevent snacking and keep my calories within range.

I have also been overweight for most of my life (I was born in the 99th percentile for weight, and never seemed to grow out of it!) and I want to enjoy the rest of my life at a healthy weight.

I have a cruise at the beginning of August with my family, and I want to feel a little bit more comfortable in my skin so that I can enjoy myself instead of living with crippling insecurity.

I'm fiercely competitive, and I look forward to working with y'all this month!

Welcome Corinne, it seems you are already on the right track and this group will help keep you motivated on your journey.
This discussion has been closed.