TEAM: The Slimsons (July)

Options

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have been with awesome team since March, with the exception of May (travel/vacation). Love all the support we give to each other!

Welcome all new teammates! Please feel free to add me as a friend, love to support others!

I started the beginning of the year at 146.9 and knew I needed to get back to my goal weight! My lowest has been 134.5 and right now I am currently 136.5. By the end of July I want to be consistently around 133, goal 127. 👍💕💃👏

Welcome back to Team Slimsons for another month and I am positive you shall reach your goals.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Hi team! Let’s kill it! Go July!

7.1.19 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: Barre and Elliptical, 50 squats

Comments: I joined a squat challenge in July!

• gjaholy33
    Options
    Hi guys! I’ve been falling off the wagon lately. My biggest incentives outside of healthier living to be around a long time are usually event based. Right now I’ve got six weeks before a cruise celebrating my fiancées’ mother’s 80th bday. I’m hoping to drop the the ten pounds that’ll get me into my cruise clothing. Beyond that I’d love to drop another ten for Halloween but I seem to always get stuck around 177 where the scale freezes and then inches upward eventually - so my long term goal is that hurdle! I thrive in competitions and the new wizards unite game has got me moving so hopefully the energy levels will take off this month and I’ll be good for the team! Looking forward to a month of support with y’all!

As always you have our support and am sure you will be motivated in reaching further for the goals you have set for your personal journey.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Oops saw your comment about DAILY POST

Daily Post
    Fitness327wk
    7.1.19 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Exercise: Barre and Elliptical

• gjaholy33
    Options
    Hi Team!

I am Michelle, I’m now 21 years old and living in Germany.

Last month I joined this team Slimsons which is an excellent and supportive team! I am happy to be part of this team again this month.

Since I’m not living with my family, it is easier for me to control my daily diet (also lose the opportunity to enjoy my parents’ meal though). I started to record my diet and exercise about one month before. Plans don’t always work but that’s one of the reasons why diet is hard. Yet, I am pleased to see my current progress, especially when I can wear my shorts again!!!

What difficult for me is that I lose my incentive after I return home from work. That means I have to do everything together in a row: work, exercise and return, so that there won’t be excuses for me to stop. Once I rest, I can’t go further...

Weekends are still challenging because I am not motivated to go outside to exercise even when I planned what to do on weekends. Also, I consume a lot of snacks when I’m staying at home.

**Germany is hot like hell now that stops me from exercising:(((((((

I will try to see how can I optimise my plan!!!

Let’s do it, team:)

Welcome back Michelle, I sure you will continue to be motivated by one another in this group to reach your personal goals.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cindy and I started MFP on October 8th last year. I joined this group last November. I'm 56 years old and I'm 5'2". When I started I weighed 273 lbs and I was miserable. I could barely walk from place to place without getting out of breath. I huffed and puffed just getting out of my car and walking to my office. I could barely fit in the booths at restaurants. My plan has involved cutting my calories down to 1350 calories a day (I'm trying to lower that to 1300 calories a day now) and walking. I started out thinking that it was absolutely crazy to think that I could walk 10,000 steps in one single day. Now, I average 10,000 steps a day and my record is 15,000 steps in a day. I wish I was a workout warrior like some of the awesome people around here...but I'm lazy so I just walk. I try to keep my carbs under 100 grams a day and protein over 100 per day. I also try to limit my sugar to 25 grams a day plus keep the fiber over 25 grams. Those are the only macros that I really watch. Just doing that has taken me from a size 26 to size 16 pants (size XXXL shirt to XL shirt).

Right now my weight is hovering between 195 and 197 so I still have over 60 lbs to lose, but I feel soooooo much better now. My main goals for July include losing 5 lbs and increasing my water intake. June has been a slow weight loss month so I plan for July to be much better. :)

Hey Cindy, great to see you back with us for another month and am sure you will lose those 5lbs plus some this month as you've been very diligent maintaining your personal goals.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Good afternoon team, month 2 ready to start pushing even harder this month. My name is Bill. I have a Spartan Sprint in a few weeks, would love to get through it burpee free, and my training schedule for my full marathon in the beginning of November begins next Monday. Got about 10 lbs till I hit my reassessment goal, would love to do it this month but if not that's ok too.

Hi Bill,

I am rooting for you to reach your reassessment goal this month.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    💥 Daily Post: Sunday, 30th June 💥

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: under
    Exercise: none today

Comments: Boom! Meal out for the Husband with his family...I made a healthy choice and didn't have pudding 👍 stuck to a very light tea and now on our way back home outside London. Feel super proud of myself for tracking and staying within my calorie recommendation for the entire weekend. It proves I can do it, even when not at home, so I have no excuse really. Hope you've all had a lovely weekend!

Awesome Laura, I think eating out with the family can be rewarding and challenging at the same time but if you go in with a plan you usually stick with it in the end and don't feel guilty later on. So KUDOS TO YOU
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    sreid92 wrote: »
    Hi all. My name is Sam, I’m 27 and I’ve recently hit my highest weight of 225.8! I want to lose weight but lack the motivation once I get a few weeks in. I’m hoping that being on a team such as this one will help me stay accountable. I have 2 young boys at home, a 3 year old and a one year old. It’s a struggle to keep up with them even at this age. They are always on the move! My goals for this month are to stay accountable, continue to track my foods, and hopefully kickstart my weight loss with at least 5 lbs in the month of July. I do well through the day but it’s the sugar cravings and night time snacking that gets me. However, while I’m used to letting myself down and giving up, I HATE letting others down so I hope being part of a team will help keep me going and succeed in the long run. We’ve got this!

Welcome Sam to Team Slimsons, I'm sure you will reach your goals with this group as a motivator and inspiring stories. I know being in this group keeps me accountable so I try extra harder to get up and be motivating to dropping the pounds.
  • galeroke
    galeroke Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday

Track Yes
    Calories No - blew my allowance out the park
    Exercise Managed 8200 steps out of my 10,000 target

Water Managed 2 litres over course of day
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Moved my dead freezer out of my laundry room and moved my new not dead freezer into the laundry room.

Comments: Was going to go for a walk today, but ended up walking around Lowes finding a new freezer and moved it into the laundry room when my other freezer decided to die, which sucks because I just put about 320 lbs of beef in there (I buy direct from the farmer) and so I had to save my meat! Had other ideas of how my day was going to go but spent hours replacing the freezer and moving the meat, so that wasn't the workout I had planned, but it was in fact a workout!

Great you caught it before the meat went bad
  • digger61
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    ⭐️Weekly weigh-in: Monday

👩Username: o0kody0o
    🗓Week: July, Week 1
    👣PW: 146.8
    👣CW: 145

Really happy with this loss. It’s 2lbs under my original goal weight. I can’t believe how much lighter and healthier I feel!

nice loss
  • digger61
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday, 6/30/19)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. walking 30 min.
    Goals/Day/Comments: yard work and walking
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    💥Daily Post: Monday, 1st July 💥

✅Track: yes
    ☑️Calories: The tiniest smidge over (like 22kcal) - planned
    ✅Exercise: lots of walking!

Comments: Great day today; brought my own lunch to a kids & mums playdate and because I wanted to have a cookie today I planned it into my daily allowance. I went over because I fancied another cup of tea and figures that was acceptable and a better choice than denying myself something and the calories coming from something else later on! Also have been on the go all day today, so although I didn't log a specific exercise, I have been super active all day 👍
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Really happy with this loss. It’s 2lbs under my original goal weight. I can’t believe how much lighter and healthier I feel!

Ohhhhh yasssss sister!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    galeroke wrote: »
    Username: galeroke
    Weigh in week: July Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 262lbs
    Todays Weight: 258.4lbs
    Hello! I’m Annie and have just joined ! I need to be more careful tracking my food and cut out the late night munchies!
    Username : MagnificentPanda
    Weigh in week : July Week 1
    Weigh in day : Monday
    Previous week’s weight : 159 lbs
    Today’s weight : 157.5

Nice losses
  • vicky2767
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    💪Weekly weigh-in💪

*Weigh in on Mondays*

Username: lsjhudson
    Week: July, week 1
    PW =227.7
    CW=224.2

💥Loss this week: -3.5 lb
    💥Total loss: -8.8 lb

Nice losses
    Username: pamlorbieski
    Weigh in week: July week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 239.2
    Todays Weight: 240.5

:( ugh. This is not the way to start off. Well, I am hoping I am getting my one off week over with early. Onward!
    You’ll have this off in no time.
    CindyJNC1963

July: Week #1

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 197.2
    CW: 195.1

I ended up losing 5 lbs during the calendar month of June. I will take it, given the weekend vacation and all. I REALLY need to focus on getting my 10,000 steps in each day for at least 6 days a week (70,000 steps a week). I dropped the ball on that one last week. I think I eased up a little once the step challenge at work was over.

I'm hoping I can lose at least another 5lbs in July...maybe a little more.
    Username: Gadgetgirl259

July Week 1 Monday 😀

PW: 170.9
    CW: 169.1
    Weekly weigh in
    Username MagnificentPanda
    Week - July week 1
    Weigh in day Monday
    PW 159
    CW 157.5
    Nice losses
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    Username: Tdrjustus3
    Weigh in week: July week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 273.8
    Todays Weight: 277.8
    Hang in there. You got this.
    OkieGina wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-in for Monday:
    Username: OkieGina
    Week: July Week 1
    PW: 205.6
    CW: 206.4

Thank goodness I've been weighing myself daily - otherwise, that gain probably would have really upset me. I actually did pretty good on the actual birthday this weekend (Saturday), but Sunday was a little too splurge-y. Oh well, it's a new week and I know that the weight gain is just a fluctuation (due to the extra carbs and sugar over the weekend) and should be gone in a day or 2! I even packed a salad for lunch today to help speed it's exit.

Both kid's birthdays are finished, so that should help me this month. I'm a little concerned about this week - we only work 3 days, and I definitely seem to do a little better (with my eating and tracking, at least) within the structure of a work week. BUT I have plans to get back to the gym this week and to counteract the days when I might not make it (the gym is by my work, not my house). Now just to make sure my eating stays on track during the long weekend...
    You got this. Hope you had a nice time with the kids for the kids birthdays.
    Username: Intrinsicat
    Week: July Week 1
    PW = 189
    CW= 190

I got some sort of flu thing Wednesday night and have been useless past my Zumba class that night! It’s turned into a sinus infection but I’m on the upward slope now. Should be able to get out and do something tonight without exacerbating symptoms...

Also I definitely need to dust off my digital scale. Everyone reporting with a .# is making me miss it over my BFs needle scale 😂

Feel better
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Oops saw your comment about DAILY POST

Daily Post
    Fitness327wk
    7.1.19 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Exercise: Barre and Elliptical

Good for you. Last month I did an ab challenge and boy it got tough. Planning on doing a different one this month.
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Sunday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise not really just a little walking
    Water 160oz
    Goals/comments:
    So finally made it home in the afternoon from my hospital stay and low and behold as the doctors were explaining all the tests they did on me they said they saw some nodels on my chest and it turns out the sarcoid is back which explains the chest pain. It's always something when I am losing weight and reaching my goals something has to set me back. Although I am still going to remain positive and strive to meet my July goals which is to lose 15lbs.

So glad to see you are home. Please take it easy. I know it’s hard and it sets back your weight loss, but you are doing fantastic! You are such a positive inspiration to so many of us. Xoxo
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Sorry team. A little late to the party.
    My name is Vicky. I’ve been with this wonderful team of amazing supporters since Jan.
    Struggle from time to time, but I guess we all do.
    I’m married with 2 teenage boys. Work part time from home. My favorite form of exercise is running. Have been boderline high cholesterol for a number of years so trying to focus on macros which have proved to be hard.
    Goals for July to track daily.
    Stick to macro goals.
    Exercise 6x week.
    Continue to add weight bearing type of exercise.

We got this team.
This discussion has been closed.