TEAM: The Slimsons (July)

Options

Replies

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @CindyJNC1963 Awesome day, great job with your steps!! And those milestones are awesome! You will be at them in no time. That's really amazing, you've accomplished so much in such a short amount of time really, it took me a lot longer than it's taken you to get where you are, super proud of you!

I didn't really pay attention to my BMI until like 3 weeks ago, and to be honest, for me, I'm still not since I have a significant amount of muscle over someone of my same size...it's a little bit skewed for me as it only measures weight to height to age and having said that I just hit 28 on that scale so that officially takes me out of the Obese category altogether, which I honestly don't think I've been since like the 5th grade...actually maybe no, I was still like 150 lbs in the 5th grade so, guess you have to go back earlier than that!

Thanks!! No, if I were you I wouldn't pay much attention to BMI either. I used to have a friend in the military who was a body builder and she had to get a body fat % test or something to pass her qualification test - her height to weight ratio was too high. That's awesome about getting out of the "obese" category but I'm sure you aren't even overweight now if you did a body fat % test.

I never had a weight problem at all until I graduated from college. My grandmother had some sort of eating disorder herself and I wasn't allowed to get fat. My food intake was strictly monitored. I can remember sneaking and eating a bologna sandwich when she wasn't near the kitchen....I would carefully sweep away all of the crumbs so she wouldn't notice. I found an old college tshirt the other day....it was a teeny tiny little medium. Maybe one day.....

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    @CindyJNC1963 Awesome day, great job with your steps!! And those milestones are awesome! You will be at them in no time. That's really amazing, you've accomplished so much in such a short amount of time really, it took me a lot longer than it's taken you to get where you are, super proud of you!

I didn't really pay attention to my BMI until like 3 weeks ago, and to be honest, for me, I'm still not since I have a significant amount of muscle over someone of my same size...it's a little bit skewed for me as it only measures weight to height to age and having said that I just hit 28 on that scale so that officially takes me out of the Obese category altogether, which I honestly don't think I've been since like the 5th grade...actually maybe no, I was still like 150 lbs in the 5th grade so, guess you have to go back earlier than that!

Thanks!! No, if I were you I wouldn't pay much attention to BMI either. I used to have a friend in the military who was a body builder and she had to get a body fat % test or something to pass her qualification test - her height to weight ratio was too high. That's awesome about getting out of the "obese" category but I'm sure you aren't even overweight now if you did a body fat % test.

I never had a weight problem at all until I graduated from college. My grandmother had some sort of eating disorder herself and I wasn't allowed to get fat. My food intake was strictly monitored. I can remember sneaking and eating a bologna sandwich when she wasn't near the kitchen....I would carefully sweep away all of the crumbs so she wouldn't notice. I found an old college tshirt the other day....it was a teeny tiny little medium. Maybe one day.....

So I went looking because I thought about what you said about not being overweight if I tested my body fat. I'm sitting at 32% body fat, I test that once a month. What that means is I now fall into the healthy/acceptable category (just barely 32% is the cutoff). I was surprised to find that out. Now I still have some work to do because I want to get to 21 to 24% which is where you'd be considered "fit". So that means I still have some weight to lose, and I think my overall aim might be 120 lbs, but I'm not really sure, and currently I'm working towards 130 and I will see what that looks like when I get there. It's sort of unreal for me at this point, what started as a pipe dream of being 140 has come and past. And I'm currently wearing smalls and mediums and when I started I was wearing a 3x, which never occurred to me that could be a reality for me.

I'm working towards a more intuitive eating approach myself these days. I have an idea of what I eat but I don't track it like I used to, down to the scale amount and before I eat it and so on, but I still track it, just after I eat. I am trying to see if I eat until I feel full and stay inside my eating window, can I actually eat what I should, and so far, the results are really positive. I am getting to a point in my journey where I'm sort of gearing up for what maintenance might look like for me. I think that ideally I'd like to eat intuitively and I'm trying to train myself to be able to do that and so far....it's looking positive. We shall see how that works out long term.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    July 1
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes
    goals today 120 mins Aqua size Make Rails for deck, weight training and more walking
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 175oz
    Goals/comments
    Still having migraines and chest pain but hopefully it'll get better soon with the blood thinners just need to be patient.

Daily Post Tuesday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 140oz so far
    Goals/comments
    Had a visit from my neighbor and reassessment for Fidelis home care nurse.
    Chest pain and migraines ever present still but still STAYING positive probably help that the nurse applaud my weight loss since the last time I was assessed. Due to my latest scare seriously thinking about considering going through with the baraitric surgery without feeling like a failure to my goals.
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    💥Daily Post: Tuesday, 2nd July 💥

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: under
    ☑️Exercise: none today

Comments: I honestly feel like I'm hitting my stride now...everything is feeling a little easier, and more normal. One big difference I'm finding at the moment is when I did Slimming World I was thinking about food all the time....not necessarily out of deprivation but out of necessity as so much of it, if you're going to do it properly, is cooked from scratch. I'm not a natural cook and I hate being stuck in the kitchen so this was always done with a bit of resentment. And because of my discomfort I very much relied on the same meals over and over again, which of course then opens you up to boredom. I felt like I was spending so much time preparing food, and as soon as I had eaten, I was thinking about what I had to prepare next. It's best described as a preoccupation. And when i faltered on it, it wasn't because I was hungry, but because I was fed up. Fed up entirely of having to go through the huge process of planning and executing meals (it was huge for me).

At the moment though, there's a liberation in not having to go all out if I don't want to. Granted I'm not yet concentrating on macros and I'm sure that will come later, but for the mo it's calorie tracking and trying not to go too far on saturated fat. And if I'm caught out somewhere it's easy to find something I can eat. And if I'm really craving something I can fit it in "like a normal person" instead of having to think how I can prepare and cook it in a way that won't knock me on syns (a Slimming World term for anything that basically has little to no nutritional value and can't be counted as a free food....where you're allowed up to 15 a day but somehow eating even somewhat into the allowance always made me feel like I was cheating and then failing!)

This is not to say everything is miraculously wonderful, but it IS very lovely and liberating to not be so preoccupied with food, and to know that I'm still doing something healthy for myself. In that preoccupation doesn't equal success. I also am starting to think this is important in lessoning the importance of food in my life as well, in the whole sense of deprivation and "bad" and "good" foods. I don't want to be focused on my weigh 100% of the time. I'll always have to keep tabs bc of my tendency to eat emotionally, but I don't want it to define me.

Anyway what a spew! 😂 kudos if you made it to the end. I just feel really good today and wanted to share where I was.😊
  • lsjhudson
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Daily check in
    July 1
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes
    goals today 120 mins Aqua size Make Rails for deck, weight training and more walking

Well done on all that exercise! 🙌
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Due to my latest scare seriously thinking about considering going through with the baraitric surgery without feeling like a failure to my goals.

If you decide to have the surgery you shouldn't consider it a failure at all. The surgery is just a tool that is available to use to reach your goals.

• CindyJNC1963
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    I'm not a natural cook and I hate being stuck in the kitchen so this was always done with a bit of resentment. And because of my discomfort I very much relied on the same meals over and over again, which of course then opens you up to boredom. I felt like I was spending so much time preparing food, and as soon as I had eaten, I was thinking about what I had to prepare next. It's best described as a preoccupation. And when i faltered on it, it wasn't because I was hungry, but because I was fed up. Fed up entirely of having to go through the huge process of planning and executing meals (it was huge for me).

Ha ha. I know what you mean. I'm not a cook either. Ashley told me about the Instant Pot though and I LOVE it. It makes cooking so much easier. I will probably always rely a good deal on my protein bars and such as a staple of my diet.

• CindyJNC1963
    Options

So I went looking because I thought about what you said about not being overweight if I tested my body fat. I'm sitting at 32% body fat, I test that once a month. What that means is I now fall into the healthy/acceptable category (just barely 32% is the cutoff). I was surprised to find that out. Now I still have some work to do because I want to get to 21 to 24% which is where you'd be considered "fit". So that means I still have some weight to lose, and I think my overall aim might be 120 lbs, but I'm not really sure, and currently I'm working towards 130 and I will see what that looks like when I get there. It's sort of unreal for me at this point, what started as a pipe dream of being 140 has come and past. And I'm currently wearing smalls and mediums and when I started I was wearing a 3x, which never occurred to me that could be a reality for me.

I'm working towards a more intuitive eating approach myself these days. I have an idea of what I eat but I don't track it like I used to, down to the scale amount and before I eat it and so on, but I still track it, just after I eat. I am trying to see if I eat until I feel full and stay inside my eating window, can I actually eat what I should, and so far, the results are really positive. I am getting to a point in my journey where I'm sort of gearing up for what maintenance might look like for me. I think that ideally I'd like to eat intuitively and I'm trying to train myself to be able to do that and so far....it's looking positive. We shall see how that works out long term.

That is awesome about getting into the healthy/acceptable category.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Tuesday, 2 July

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes. 3x15 with dumbbells (4kg each), 50 squats and 50 mins of walking.
    💬Comments: Well, I can’t remember the last time I done squats but I had a burst of energy this morning and went for it 😆My thighs have felt like jelly all day though 🙈 I’ll try and make it a daily thing. It’s not much but it’ll get me moving and that’s what’s important!

@lsjhudson I’m not a “cook from scratch” kinda person either. Yep, calorie tracking is so important...I was probably eating upwards of 2000 a day before joining MFP. I wouldn’t think twice about having a Chinese or Indian takeaway twice a week, then maybe going to China Buffet King at the weekend and loading my plate! If my OH left any food on his plate at home, I’d have that too 🙈

I’m so happy you’re feeling really good today, that’s nice to see! You’re doing fantastic and I can tell from your posts that you’re feeling much more positive about things now, which is great 💕

• lsjhudson
    Options

Ha ha. I know what you mean. I'm not a cook either. Ashley told me about the Instant Pot though and I LOVE it. It makes cooking so much easier. I will probably always rely a good deal on my protein bars and such as a staple of my diet.

I have an instant pot, but admit I use it mostly to steam veg and cook rice 😂😂 again, stuck in a rut! my natural abilities don't help me here and if I look at a recipe and it has too many ingredients or steps I completely switch off 😂 i really should start utilising it more! Can you point me to some good recipes/resources youve found? Or even some of your favourites?
  • lsjhudson
    Options

I have an instant pot, but admit I use it mostly to steam veg and cook rice 😂😂 again, stuck in a rut! my natural abilities don't help me here and if I look at a recipe and it has too many ingredients or steps I completely switch off 😂 i really should start utilising it more! Can you point me to some good recipes/resources youve found? Or even some of your favourites?
  • lsjhudson
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    🌟Daily Post: Tuesday, 2 July

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes. 3x15 with dumbbells (4kg each), 50 squats and 50 mins of walking.
    💬Comments: Well, I can’t remember the last time I done squats but I had a burst of energy this morning and went for it 😆My thighs have felt like jelly all day though 🙈 I’ll try and make it a daily thing. It’s not much but it’ll get me moving and that’s what’s important!

@lsjhudson I’m not a “cook from scratch” kinda person either. Yep, calorie tracking is so important...I was probably eating upwards of 2000 a day before joining MFP. I wouldn’t think twice about having a Chinese or Indian takeaway twice a week, then maybe going to China Buffet King at the weekend and loading my plate! If my OH left any food on his plate at home, I’d have that too 🙈

I’m so happy you’re feeling really good today, that’s nice to see! You’re doing fantastic and I can tell from your posts that you’re feeling much more positive about things now, which is great 💕

Same, sister. Even on SW I'm sure I was over calories loads 😬

And thanks as ever for all your support! ❤️
  • mylosinggametowin
    mylosinggametowin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! My name is Stefanie and I have 2 daughters-5 and 2 1/2-and married to my best friend for 13 years this December. I guess you can say when we got married in 2006 we both let ourselves go in a bad way! I was 165lbs all through high school and college until I stopped being active. I played soccer since kindergarten so that was my exercise of choice. Once I graduated from college in 2003 adult life kicked in and it was rough. I met my husband at college in 2001. We got married and started off on our lives together.

My highest weight, non-pregnant-was 251 and I’ve managed to get down to 213 before I got pregnant the first time in 2013. I’ve kept the baby weight on form both girls and have recently zeroed in my focus to get healthy for them. I love watching them watching me and trying to do what I do exercise wise.

Here’s my stats:

Daily Post (Monday, July 1st)

Track: Yes ✅
    Calories: Yes ✅
    Exercise: Yes/-ran 1.02 miles using intervals 60/30 for 7 sets, walked 1.29 miles, plank hold 1:30 minutes, 2X24 wall push-ups, 2X20 sumo squats
    Goals/Day/Comments: my goal was to get up at 6AM and run but that didn’t happen until 7PM. With that it made for a long day and here in Oklahoma the days are long and hot!

Week: July 1st, Week 1
    PW =243.8lbs
    CW=245.6lbs...womp womp
    GW=200lbs by December 31st

I hope we all have a fantastic challenge and hit all of our goals!!
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »

@AB0215 posted a great beef brisket recipe for the instant pot, but it does have a lot of ingredients. My other favorites are really simple. I just sprinkle a little Morton's Nature's Seasoning on both sides of whatever meat I am cooking. Pork chops and chicken breasts are soooooo tender. The time just depends on what you are cooking ......but usually only about 7 - 8 minutes.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: July 2nd

Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes - 60 minutes of Zumba
    Goals/Day/Comments: feeling much better after a rough night sleep ... this sinus infection can’t decide whether to stay or go, but I, pushing through with the exercise! I pulled a few items I like to bring on cruises out tonight to try on... everything is doable but tight so I’m thinking this five week push will get me where I will feel comfortable in my skin on the beach! And then on to Halloween (I'm very event focused because I don’t do maintenance well at all.)
  • AB0215
    Options
    @digger61 Awesome day! Nice activities!

@gjaholy33 Glad to see that you're home and at least getting to rest at home. Hope you start to feel better soon. I wouldn't consider the decision to have the surgery as a failure, however I do think it's a decision not to be taken lightly as it's a permanent procedure and will alter the way you eat in the future when you do get to your goal. But ultimately, you have to do what is best for you and your health.

@lsjhudson I like to not think about what I'm eating everyday, and I do like to do a lot of meal prep ahead of time, takes a lot of the guess workout of it and while I know this isn't for everyone, I tend to eat the same thing every day for like a week at a time. Make it once, eat it every day. Then repeat on Sunday. I am a natural cook, grew up cooking and I can whip up some pretty extravagant meals, but lately, that's not how I operate, I literally eat simple, unprocessed foods and that's what I eat. I think at this stage, it's what I feel best eating and I've grown to a point where I no longer use food as my reward system like I used to. I completely get it. I would also say, that cravings are few and far in between now that I've removed all sugars and sweeteners from my diet at this point. I get how you feel, and really it's great that you recognize your tendencies and find a way to make what you do work for you. That's really important.

I like to use my instant pot most for brisket/roast and boiled eggs and chicken wings which I finish in the air fryer, fall off the bone tender and crispy.
    https://www.copymethat.com/r/Eg9ZUnb/keto-beef-brisket-in-the-instant-pot/
    I season mine with this recipe, low carb/keto, but really you can season it how you like.
    https://www.copymethat.com/r/KX6AmRA/keto-bbq-seasoning/

@CindyJNC1963 I was wondering if you were still using the instant pot, it's really great, you can make a really wide range of things in it and they just about always turn out perfectly, lately I pretty much make roast, brisket and boiled eggs in mine, don't make the big extravagant things, but it's amazing to make a couple dozen eggs in it and they come out perfect and super easy to peel every time.

@Intrinsicat Nice day! Hope you're back to normal soon. I think you'll be getting to feeling comfortable in your own skin soon! I am already planning my Halloween costume myself. I always plan things way in advance myself, I'm already looking towards maintenance planning considering I'm nearing my goal and have to think about how I'm going to stay at the goal.

@o0kody0o Nice day! Great exercise and way to stay under!!

• CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post: July 2nd

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 11,300 steps
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 60 mins yard work, 60 mins weight training--Slow Pull Snatches, Power Clean + 3 Split Jerks, Good Mornings, and Pull ups.

Comments: Hot today, really can't wait for the gym to get air conditioning, I'm told it's like 10 days away, so yay. Had a good day. :smile:
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Fitness327wk
    7.2.19 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: Barre, squats and plank!
This discussion has been closed.