AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! My name is Stefanie
    Here’s my stats:

Daily Post (Monday, July 1st)

Track: Yes ✅
    Calories: Yes ✅
    Exercise: Yes/-ran 1.02 miles using intervals 60/30 for 7 sets, walked 1.29 miles, plank hold 1:30 minutes, 2X24 wall push-ups, 2X20 sumo squats
    Goals/Day/Comments: my goal was to get up at 6AM and run but that didn’t happen until 7PM. With that it made for a long day and here in Oklahoma the days are long and hot!

Week: July 1st, Week 1
    PW =243.8lbs
    CW=245.6lbs...womp womp
    GW=200lbs by December 31st

I hope we all have a fantastic challenge and hit all of our goals!!

@13point1runnermomma Welcome to the team Stefanie! I think your goal is pretty realistic! Glad you're here!
    Great exercise today!
  • AB0215
    Options
    @Fitness327wk Nice day!
  • jeapri17
    jeapri17 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday, 7/2/19)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes. Leslie Sansone 15 min walking video. Leg exercises, gentle, 5-10 min. Stretching, gentle, 10-15 min.

Today was okay. Ate less junk food at work than yesterday. Exercised gently due to recent knee issue.
  • mylosinggametowin
    mylosinggametowin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday, July 2nd)

Exercise: Yes-walk around the neighborhood 1.35 miles
    Goals/Day/Comments: Well 6AM didn’t happen AGAIN!! But with the rain this morning it brought a cooler evening. I work in a 2 story building and work on the second floor SSSSOOOOO I go up and down stairs all day long! Extra exercise!
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Track - yes
    Calories - over
    Exercise- yes 40 min walk
    Over ate tonight but logged it all
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello July teammates! Let's crush this month! This is my 3rd month, I'm shooting for 10lbs this month to lose. I have about 15lbs to get out if obese range 😫

**Daily check ins**

Sunday June 30th
    Track: always.
    Calories: under
    Exercise: softball and quick jog after

Monday July 1st
    Exercise: 2 mile run 1 mile elliptical

Tuesday July 2nd
    Exercise: 3.6 mile brisk walk

Im hopeful for weigh in tomorrow!
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in: Wednesday

Username: dracocapricorn
    Goal Weight: 137 lb

Week: July Week 1
    PW: 145.2
    CW: 144.8 (-0.4 lb)

I think the reduction of my weight starts to slow down. Let see how next week goes.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Good morning team

Yesterday morning I done 50 squats. I’ve woke up this morning with very sore thighs (all the way down to the tops of my knees) and my muscles feel rock hard 😬 Does anyone know if this pain/solid muscles is normal? I had said last night in my daily post that I’m going to make squats a daily thing but there’s no way I can do them today. I probably won’t be able to get back up once I go down 😆

Thanks
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    jeapri17 wrote: »
    Username: jeapri17
    Weigh in week: July, week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 173
    Current Weight: 170
    Nice loss
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 30 mins walking, 60 mins weight training--Pull + Snatch + Overhead Squat, Clean + 3 Front Squats + Split Jerk, Box Jumps and Weighted Planks. So glad it's a de-load week!

Comments: Had a normal day for the first time in a long time. Got up at 5:30 am and packed my hubby's lunch and made him coffee and then I went back to bed lol. Got up again did my workout and some chores and then went to work.
    Great day!
    Daily Post: July 1st

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 12,450 steps

Comments: Really worked hard to get steps in today.

I didn't think about it when I was listing my goals for July but I have 2 milestones I should also meet this month. I need to lose 2 more lbs to get to the 80 lb loss mark. And when I get to 191 lbs my BMI will be under 35...dropping me to obesity level 1. When I started this process my BMI was almost 50.
    Isn’t it fantastic?
    sreid92 wrote: »
    Username: slreid92
    Week: July Week 1
    PW =225.8
    CW=227

Just got back from our family holiday in Niagara Falls ( where I ate whatever I wanted all weekend but did a LOT of walking)

It’s a new week, and a new month and I’m getting back on track tomorrow! Let’s do this!

You got this.
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday 7/2

Calories: Under
    Steps: 11,172
    Exercise: 45 minute run outside at the high school track.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    @CindyJNC1963 Awesome day, great job with your steps!! And those milestones are awesome! You will be at them in no time. That's really amazing, you've accomplished so much in such a short amount of time really, it took me a lot longer than it's taken you to get where you are, super proud of you!

I didn't really pay attention to my BMI until like 3 weeks ago, and to be honest, for me, I'm still not since I have a significant amount of muscle over someone of my same size...it's a little bit skewed for me as it only measures weight to height to age and having said that I just hit 28 on that scale so that officially takes me out of the Obese category altogether, which I honestly don't think I've been since like the 5th grade...actually maybe no, I was still like 150 lbs in the 5th grade so, guess you have to go back earlier than that!

Thanks!! No, if I were you I wouldn't pay much attention to BMI either. I used to have a friend in the military who was a body builder and she had to get a body fat % test or something to pass her qualification test - her height to weight ratio was too high. That's awesome about getting out of the "obese" category but I'm sure you aren't even overweight now if you did a body fat % test.

I never had a weight problem at all until I graduated from college. My grandmother had some sort of eating disorder herself and I wasn't allowed to get fat. My food intake was strictly monitored. I can remember sneaking and eating a bologna sandwich when she wasn't near the kitchen....I would carefully sweep away all of the crumbs so she wouldn't notice. I found an old college tshirt the other day....it was a teeny tiny little medium. Maybe one day.....

So I went looking because I thought about what you said about not being overweight if I tested my body fat. I'm sitting at 32% body fat, I test that once a month. What that means is I now fall into the healthy/acceptable category (just barely 32% is the cutoff). I was surprised to find that out. Now I still have some work to do because I want to get to 21 to 24% which is where you'd be considered "fit". So that means I still have some weight to lose, and I think my overall aim might be 120 lbs, but I'm not really sure, and currently I'm working towards 130 and I will see what that looks like when I get there. It's sort of unreal for me at this point, what started as a pipe dream of being 140 has come and past. And I'm currently wearing smalls and mediums and when I started I was wearing a 3x, which never occurred to me that could be a reality for me.

I'm working towards a more intuitive eating approach myself these days. I have an idea of what I eat but I don't track it like I used to, down to the scale amount and before I eat it and so on, but I still track it, just after I eat. I am trying to see if I eat until I feel full and stay inside my eating window, can I actually eat what I should, and so far, the results are really positive. I am getting to a point in my journey where I'm sort of gearing up for what maintenance might look like for me. I think that ideally I'd like to eat intuitively and I'm trying to train myself to be able to do that and so far....it's looking positive. We shall see how that works out long term.
    You’ve done fantastic.
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Monday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 175oz
    Goals/comments
    Still having migraines and chest pain but hopefully it'll get better soon with the blood thinners just need to be patient.

Daily Post Tuesday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 140oz so far
    Goals/comments
    Had a visit from my neighbor and reassessment for Fidelis home care nurse.
    Chest pain and migraines ever present still but still STAYING positive probably help that the nurse applaud my weight loss since the last time I was assessed. Due to my latest scare seriously thinking about considering going through with the baraitric surgery without feeling like a failure to my goals.
    I know a few people who’ve struggled with weight loss all their lives and decided to have weight loss surgery oh one kind or another. It’s not a failure to have the surgery. its just using another tool to help you. And that’s ok. Some people think surgery is the easy way out, but it’s not. You need to do what’s best for your health (physical and mental)
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    💥Daily Post: Tuesday, 2nd July 💥

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: under
    ☑️Exercise: none today

Comments: I honestly feel like I'm hitting my stride now...everything is feeling a little easier, and more normal. One big difference I'm finding at the moment is when I did Slimming World I was thinking about food all the time....not necessarily out of deprivation but out of necessity as so much of it, if you're going to do it properly, is cooked from scratch. I'm not a natural cook and I hate being stuck in the kitchen so this was always done with a bit of resentment. And because of my discomfort I very much relied on the same meals over and over again, which of course then opens you up to boredom. I felt like I was spending so much time preparing food, and as soon as I had eaten, I was thinking about what I had to prepare next. It's best described as a preoccupation. And when i faltered on it, it wasn't because I was hungry, but because I was fed up. Fed up entirely of having to go through the huge process of planning and executing meals (it was huge for me).

At the moment though, there's a liberation in not having to go all out if I don't want to. Granted I'm not yet concentrating on macros and I'm sure that will come later, but for the mo it's calorie tracking and trying not to go too far on saturated fat. And if I'm caught out somewhere it's easy to find something I can eat. And if I'm really craving something I can fit it in "like a normal person" instead of having to think how I can prepare and cook it in a way that won't knock me on syns (a Slimming World term for anything that basically has little to no nutritional value and can't be counted as a free food....where you're allowed up to 15 a day but somehow eating even somewhat into the allowance always made me feel like I was cheating and then failing!)

This is not to say everything is miraculously wonderful, but it IS very lovely and liberating to not be so preoccupied with food, and to know that I'm still doing something healthy for myself. In that preoccupation doesn't equal success. I also am starting to think this is important in lessoning the importance of food in my life as well, in the whole sense of deprivation and "bad" and "good" foods. I don't want to be focused on my weigh 100% of the time. I'll always have to keep tabs bc of my tendency to eat emotionally, but I don't want it to define me.

Anyway what a spew! 😂 kudos if you made it to the end. I just feel really good today and wanted to share where I was.😊
    This is great
    Hi everyone!!! My name is Stefanie and I have 2 daughters-5 and 2 1/2-and married to my best friend for 13 years this December. I guess you can say when we got married in 2006 we both let ourselves go in a bad way! I was 165lbs all through high school and college until I stopped being active. I played soccer since kindergarten so that was my exercise of choice. Once I graduated from college in 2003 adult life kicked in and it was rough. I met my husband at college in 2001. We got married and started off on our lives together.

My highest weight, non-pregnant-was 251 and I’ve managed to get down to 213 before I got pregnant the first time in 2013. I’ve kept the baby weight on form both girls and have recently zeroed in my focus to get healthy for them. I love watching them watching me and trying to do what I do exercise wise.

Here’s my stats:

Daily Post (Monday, July 1st)

Exercise: Yes/-ran 1.02 miles using intervals 60/30 for 7 sets, walked 1.29 miles, plank hold 1:30 minutes, 2X24 wall push-ups, 2X20 sumo squats
    Goals/Day/Comments: my goal was to get up at 6AM and run but that didn’t happen until 7PM. With that it made for a long day and here in Oklahoma the days are long and hot!

Week: July 1st, Week 1
    PW =243.8lbs
    CW=245.6lbs...womp womp
    GW=200lbs by December 31st

I hope we all have a fantastic challenge and hit all of our goals!!

You got this!
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in for tues July 2
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: July 3
    Water: 12 cups
    Exercise: Daily Burn: 15237 steps

Goals July goals
    1) Track: track as soon as a meal over :/
    2) Steps at least 100,000 steps a week :/ ( week total 96261)
    3)Strength at least once a day <3
    4) Diet one salad, one fruit: <3

Started one of my summer jobs, I will be working two jobs for the month of July as well as working on my TPT store. I was excited that I walked in the morning but as the day went on my activity decreased and my tracking went down. I think this is what my journey is about. I get distracted. I need to work out how to stay focus.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    @ABO215 thanks for your encouragement and information on blood pressure. Today I was in the normal range.

I am trying to work my way out of the obese category. I hate that word and had not thought of myself in that way. Yikes! This week I am feeling good about my journey.
  • cydneebauman
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

July week 1
    Day: Wednesday
    PW: 178
    CW: 175.8
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 thanks for your links! I'm going to look through them x
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

July week 1
    Day: Wednesday
    PW: 178
    CW: 175.8

Fab loss! Well done!! 🙌🙌
  • AB0215
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @Kin59vara I hate that word too, not sure why, I mean it's technically a description, but it's probably got a lot to do with all the negative connotations that society has for those of use who are that word, but there's a lot of reasons that one could get to that, and I think we really need to stop judging people for it. Not all of were lazy when fat, I worked 10 hour days on my feet fat and still went to the gym, and the sad truth is while I'm technically in the healthy category, I still feel like that "fat girl" I have always been and I can't really shake how I feel. I realize that's a me problem and something I really need to work on, but it's hard when you're 33 and have been fat since you were like 10...
    I think you have to think positive about the journey because it really is a journey and I think you have to embrace change and yourself along the way, we are all who we are and we all have to find our own way to make healthier decisions every single day, and my decisions won't necessarily be the same as yours. I think for me in the beginning, one thing I really tried to do was take it one thing at a time, make one good choice at a time, and eventually these individual decisions become habits and get easier with time.
    And as for blood pressure, when I was first starting out on my weight loss journey I had high blood pressure, sometimes, and not all the time and for me, it turns out it's really a stress related event, had nothing to do with my sodium intake, which I actually need since I don't eat carbs, and it had nothing to do with my weight, oddly enough, it was stress and every time they took it at the drs office I stressed out so it would read high. And I'm also a bit claustrophobic so whenever that little cuff starts to inflate, I start to panic, which doesn't help the blood pressure situation either. And it's taken me a long time to get to a point where I can get normal readings, but that is where I am at now, so I will take it.

@vicky2767 Great job tracking and exercising!

@Gadgetgirl259 Awesome day!!

@o0kody0o Sounds like what you're experiencing today is DOMS, Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, and is normal after you do a new activity or one at a higher in intensity or reps, etc. If this is something new to you completely, it's reallllly normal, and I can't tell you how many days I've spent after a leg day barely being able to walk, for days. Basically what has happened is that you've torn some of the muscle fibers which is necessary for muscle growth, the fibers tear and then they are rebuilt. During this process, and some time after you actually tear the fibers during the exercise (somwhere between 2 hours and 24 hours on average) lactic acid forms in the muscles and swelling begins. This lactic acid helps the muscles in the repair process, where they are rebuilt stronger for the next time you need them.
    Some suggestions to help with it, foam rolling (which can actually hurt while doing it) and stretching, both of those may hurt a little while you're doing them, but help to relieve the lactic acid buildup in the muscles which is what is causing the pain and inflammation. And another thing that really helps is "active rest" meaning you do some light activities like walking or something along those line to get the muscle moving which also helps to move some of the lactic acid buildup.
  • AB0215
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @cydneebauman Awesome loss this week! Woot woot!

@dracocapricorn It's normal for your weight loss to slow a bit, especially if you've lost a significant amount of weight, you may want to consider adjusting your intake or adding in some extra activity, but you're still losing so that is still a good thing!

@fludderbye Great exercise and great tracking!

@13point1runnermomma Awesome day!! Nice exercise!
  • cydneebauman
    Options
    Im officially half way to my goal 😯😯
    Never thought it would go this smooth so far. I honestly never crave junk food, I'm super nervous when/if I start to crave it I won't be able to stop.

SW 216
    CW 175.8
    GW 136

🎉🎉🎉🎉
This discussion has been closed.