TEAM: The Slimsons (July)

Options

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Good morning team

Yesterday morning I done 50 squats. I’ve woke up this morning with very sore thighs (all the way down to the tops of my knees) and my muscles feel rock hard 😬 Does anyone know if this pain/solid muscles is normal? I had said last night in my daily post that I’m going to make squats a daily thing but there’s no way I can do them today. I probably won’t be able to get back up once I go down 😆

Thanks

Avril, I remember doing the squat Challenge myself for many years the key is to break it up 25 in the morning and 25 at night yes you will be sore but the more you keep doing it the more your body will adjust just listen to your body's warning sign you'll know the difference between soreness and injury pain.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Im officially half way to my goal 😯😯
    Never thought it would go this smooth so far. I honestly never crave junk food, I'm super nervous when/if I start to crave it I won't be able to stop.

SW 216
    CW 175.8
    GW 136

🎉🎉🎉🎉

Excellent progress well done.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 thanks so much for all of that info. Yes, it was my first time doing squats (in a long time anyway) and the pain did start maybe a few hours later, but wasn’t so bad at that point. This morning is a whole different story though as my legs are so sore and feel heavy. I’ll definitely give some stretching a go to try and help relieve it, and I will be doing some light activity today. I tried massaging my legs last night and it hurt, but felt good at the same time. Thanks again for the info and tips!
  • skrowe88
    skrowe88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think I was told that I'm on this team! I weighed in today (my weekly):

SW: 208.2
    CW: 207.6
    GW: 150

Please let me know if I'm not doing this right, @AB0215!
  • AB0215
    Options
    skrowe88 wrote: »
    I think I was told that I'm on this team! I weighed in today (my weekly):

SW: 208.2
    CW: 207.6
    GW: 150

Please let me know if I'm not doing this right, @AB0215!

@skrowe88 You're in the right place and going it right! Congrats on the loss!
  • AB0215
    edited July 2019
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    @AB0215 thanks so much for all of that info. Yes, it was my first time doing squats (in a long time anyway) and the pain did start maybe a few hours later, but wasn’t so bad at that point. This morning is a whole different story though as my legs are so sore and feel heavy. I’ll definitely give some stretching a go to try and help relieve it, and I will be doing some light activity today. I tried massaging my legs last night and it hurt, but felt good at the same time. Thanks again for the info and tips!

@o0kody0o Yep, that's DOMS, usually after a good night sleep you're stiff and it's hard to get moving in the morning, but moving is what helps, stretching, some walking would help, and of course, rest and time. Massages will also help, they help to move the lactic acid which is really what causes the pain and swelling. Once that reduces, it gets much better.

And you're welcome, I deal with it a lot as a weightlifter, honestly, I have it this morning, but still had a workout to do, so did some serious stretching!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: aqua size and walking
  • skrowe88
    skrowe88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 I don't want to clog up the thread with questions - but are we able to edit posts? I see now that there was a suggested format for the weekly check-ins. Also, is it alright if I only participate in the weekly and not the daily? Thank you! My updated/corrected weekly is as follows:

Username: skrowe88
    Week: July Week 1
    PW = 209.8
    CW=207.6

I also never introduced myself! I'm 30f, recently married, recently became a homeowner and trying to lose some weight to get healthy! I also recently became a pescatarian, so I've been experimenting with ways to get all my protein! I'm happy to have some accountabili-buddies!
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @ghaholy33 – Surgery isn’t a failure. I was reading something the other day that referred to bariatric surgery as just another weight loss tool – as in, it by itself isn’t going to make you lose weight. You still have to eat right, etc. BUT it can be a tool to help you lose weight. It looks like you’ve already got your eating under control (you are “under” on calorie) – so maybe surgery would be a useful tool for you.

@lsjhudson – I am right there with you (finally hitting my stride too)! Isn’t it great not to be so preoccupied with food. I feel like this is where I’ve been wanting to be for so long!

@o0kody0o – You haven’t squatted in a while and you started with 50! You go girl! I actually love squats, but I’m weird like that!

@CindyJNC1963 – I have a different brand of pressure cooker, and I love it when I use it – but I tend to get lazy and get stuck in a rut and not use it as much. I really need to use it more…

@fludderbye – great job on logging! It’s hardest for me when I know I’ve over-eaten!

@dracocapricorn – A loss is a loss – congrats!

@cydneebauman – Wahoo! Great job on being halfway to your goal!!

@skrowe88 - I've been able to edit my posts for about an hour after i post them. I think (and I'll go back and edit this if I'm wrong) that there's a gear-shift looking icon on the top right of your own posts, which should allow you to edit it.
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Tuesday:

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Water: 100+ oz
    Exercise: no

Yesterday was definitely an off day for me. I left work early to get some stuff done, and it messed up my eating (I was starving by the time I got home). I still managed to get all my water in, but, despite lots of walking during some errands, didn't make it to 10k steps.

I definitely need to make a plan for my eating for the next few days (it's a 4 day weekend for me). At least i have some workouts (both in a gym and planned yardwork) planned!
  • AB0215
    Options
    skrowe88 wrote: »
    @AB0215 I don't want to clog up the thread with questions - but are we able to edit posts? I see now that there was a suggested format for the weekly check-ins. Also, is it alright if I only participate in the weekly and not the daily? Thank you! My updated/corrected weekly is as follows:

Username: skrowe88
    Week: July Week 1
    PW = 209.8
    CW=207.6

I also never introduced myself! I'm 30f, recently married, recently became a homeowner and trying to lose some weight to get healthy! I also recently became a pescatarian, so I've been experimenting with ways to get all my protein! I'm happy to have some accountabili-buddies!

@skrowe88 You can edit your post for up to an hour, if you're doing it from the website, I've found that I have to refresh the page to get the icon to show up in the upper right corner of the post I'm trying to edit.

You may want to try protein shakes if you're not eating meat, it can be a challenge to get all the protein in, but if you're not doing some activities that require more muscle building, you may be able to get by with less protein anyway. I weightlift and for months I ate roughly 65-75 grams or protein, now I'm eating a lot more and feeling better so there may be a correlation there, just something to think about, you just really have to find what works for you!
  • mylosinggametowin
    mylosinggametowin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 here ya go:

Week: July 1st, Week 1
    SW =243.8lbs Weighed in June 24th)
    CW=245.6lbs...womp womp
    GW=200lbs by December 31st
  • galeroke
    galeroke Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Daily Post Tuesday

Track Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Just under my step goal but I’ll take it as I had been on call Monday night into Tuesday morning so slept more on Tuesday morning than I would normally

Water Managed 2 litres over course of day

Goal tomorrow to go back to spin class for the first time in months - ouch!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    @AB0215
    please put me on cheer squad for this month....

Having issues with eating my feelings and I am going through some major struggles with it right now... Not sure how long it will be before I pull myself out and get back to business. But for the past 2 weeks, and the foreseeable future... I have an IDGAF attitude, and am eating all the things. :( I will keep it in check, and I don't want to leave the team. Just won't be losing anything this month..... except maybe what I gain this week and probably next week... :(
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Wednesday, 3 July

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 60 minutes walking
  • AB0215
    edited July 2019
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    @AB0215
    please put me on cheer squad for this month....

Having issues with eating my feelings and I am going through some major struggles with it right now... Not sure how long it will be before I pull myself out and get back to business. But for the past 2 weeks, and the foreseeable future... I have an IDGAF attitude, and am eating all the things. :( I will keep it in check, and I don't want to leave the team. Just won't be losing anything this month..... except maybe what I gain this week and probably next week... :(

@tinak33 Hang in there, you got this! It's just food. (that is literally the phrase my coach tells me all the time when I say how much I love food) I used to have this quote hanging on my wall when I was first starting out to remind me that food is fuel (might be time to pass it along):
    th24fi6x3rgx.jpg
  • AB0215
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!
    Keep crushing it!
    ln14opmbh67v.gif
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    💥Daily Post: Wednesday, 3rd July 💥

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: under
    ✅Exercise: 40 min walk

Comments: Decent day...Wednesdays are very busy for my family so never too much time to sit about. My son had a celebration assembly this morning and got an award for literacy - so proud of him! It's been a hungry day today so am a bit grumpy ignoring it, but will be going to bed soon 😂 i just need to make it to tomorrow!!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Fitness327wk
    7.3 Daily Check IN (Wed) 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: Golf
This discussion has been closed.