MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Replies

• Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Checking in - did my mindfulness yesterday.
    I also had this to read and am trying Spanish Pork today.
    Calories under, water spot on, only 9211steps. Meant to go for a walk, decided just to have a bath.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    PLEASE JUMP OVER TO THIS LINK AND KEEP OUR CHALLENGE ON TOP JUST WHERE WE SHOULD BE
    q4bb381rim44.png

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10754689/fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-support-group-for-august-2019/p1?new=1
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 2 - July 2019
    Sunday
    PW 164
    CW 160

Great weigh in!

Thanks for noticing. It really helps the motivation
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Monday check in
    PW I think it was 137, scale shot up last week
    CW 132

Calories under
    Food on point
    Exercise recumbent bike last night, elliptical and weights today and recumbent bike tonight.

Things are going good, the scale's been cool this week so that's a nice change! I went from 134 to 137 to 139, then today was 132. I seem to shoot up before a drop these days and get discouraged, so now it's starting to become routine. I'm going camping this weekend then next week I leave for two weeks on vacation, I'm getting nervous about staying on track!

I went to an Asian market for the first time on the way to the gym. I told myself only a couple veggies, but I came out with two bag's worth as everything was so interesting! My produce box comes this week too, my whole fridge is going to be packed! I'm planning to take a lot of vegetables/beans camping and hope to keep things reasonably on track.

Well done for the lost.

Do you weigh yourself first thing in the morning? I think that makes such a difference. Just waking and drinking something affects the scales. Anyone else recommend when it's best time to weigh yourself if doing it daily?
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,567 Member
    @tess5036 - 👋 Great to see you! Life does have a way of interrupting, doesn't it? This group is like Cheers. We know your name and are happy to see you when you arrive.
    "so many people gave done fantastically, even where weight us not list, but just keeping going even when facing the challenges!!! Boy this us a fantastic group!" - YES, I so agree! 👍🏽👍🏽
    And thanks for the compliment! 🤭

@TeresaW1020 - Congratulations on hitting the reset button so quickly after all those social events. The taco bar sounded like it could be particularly challenging (at least to this taco lover). Good luck on tomorrow's weigh-in, and whatever the number is, keep up the great work!

@Katmary71 - Hurray for the scale going in a good direction this week!
    Camping this weekend sounds fun, and like you'll be able to keep getting in some great steps/exercise. And I am super inspired that you are making plans to keep your food reasonably on track! Taking veggies on a camping trip -- awesome!
    I so get being nervous about the 2 week vacation. What kind of vacation is it? Maybe you can find ways to stay active while you are enjoying yourself?

@digger61 - What a great day you had! You are so consistent!

@Wishusdonna - Oooh, thanks for the BBC Good Food link! I love exploring recipes, and see some health things here I want to try, and that I think my family will like!
    Hurray for doing your Mindfulness work yesterday!

Side note - My son's favorite new dish this summer is one that I found on the BBC website -- potato hash with tomatoes, peppers and kale. Yes, my son and husband enthusiastically eat kale when served in this dish. (My husband was... shocked!)

@KMD1214 - Thanks for the compliment! 🤭 I love this group, and I am always impressed at how much energy and support there is, and how much motivation and inspiration I get from being in on the conversation here!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited July 2019
    s45r6s9hjjfh.jpg

What works for you?

@apple852hk - I weigh myself first thing in the morning, and always on Monday morning at about the same time. I know weighing every day is super helpful for some people. For me, I do better if I weigh in less often but keep in mind that I will be weighing in. And I picked Mondays because it helped me initially to focus on not going totally off the rails on the weekend. (If I weighed every day, that would handle that, too, of course.) I know this is one of those things that varies from person to person, so for sure, do what keeps you motivated!

Here's an article that cites a couple of studies that might be interesting.
    - "Weigh yourself at least once a week if you wish to lose weight, and weighing yourself everyday may help you stay on track." It sounded like people who weigh in less often than weekly were more likely to get in trouble.
    - "... But if you weigh yourself only once a week, do it on Wednesday because that will give you the most accurate reading."

wpotmhp2qr42.jpg

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @apple852hk I weigh every day first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom. I only count Mondays as far as logging in. When my weight goes up and it doesn't move, I'll take a few day's break if it's starting to drive me crazy. I'm learning my body goes up and down about 5lbs so I'm starting to get used to it.

@AustinRuadhain I'm going to my aunt and uncle's house in WA. We're throwing a wedding shower for my cousin and she'll be getting married while we're there. A bunch of us are going up, lots of family will be there. My uncle goes to the gym every day so I'm probably going to join the gym for the two weeks (cheaper) and go with him, I just have to switch to working out early in the morning. They have an elliptical too. I just have to control myself with the food and I'm not good with food sitting in front of me! I plan on eating the same for breakfast and lunch as long as they don't mind me taking a shelf for veggies in the fridge. I don't want to offend anyone by not eating dinner with them but want to do me as well, we'll see how it goes.

• Katmary71
    Tuesday check in
    Food: did well, under calories
    Exercise: bike, weights, elliptical, squats and planks

I started a no soda, lots of water, planks, working out 3x's a week, and doing squats whenever you go to the bathroom. The last one's stupid, I'm going to end up with a UTI from not wanting to do squats! I'll do it because I said I will, but feel ridiculous doing squats in the bathroom!

I'm not doing so hot with the purging challenge. My goal was to get rid of cooking magazines that have been sitting around forever but now I think I'm going to compost them. I'll go through my clothes instead and get rid of more stuff. I have thousands of books I can donate to the library as well.
  • Katmary71
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    @tess5036 said:

“Got to say, we are so lucky to have @AustinRuadhain @Kres567 and @broncobuddee , can't say thank you enough, you are far more appreciated than you know”

I SO agree, and can’t express how much inspiration, wisdom and non-judgemental support I’ve found on these pages, led by these incredible members. Thankful!!!

I agree, we have a great group of people! You fit right in!
  • Katmary71
    @AustinRuadhain You find the best recipes! The potato hash looks awesome, I wish I'd seen it before I roasted my potatoes! That's a really cool site, I'll have to spend more time checking it out when I have the time.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 286 Member
    edited July 2019
    Tuesday Check In:

Food: Crappy but under
    Water: Good
    Exercise: None

I'm addicted to cooking contest shows. This may not sound like a great entertainment choice for someone with weight issues, but it usually works out fairly well because I have been inspired to try new veggies this way. I've also been more cognizant of eating seasonally and really taking advantage of what is fresh and in season at the grocery store to get the best tasting produce. The shows often talk about that as well, so all in all, not a bad influence. It got me to be adventurous enough to eat leeks, which are lucious. My current favorite recipe with them is cast iron chicken with caramelized leeks though I reduced the oil.

Yesterday, however, I watched a show on fried chicken on Top Chef on Hulu. Guess what was for dinner last night? Yep, fried chicken. It didn't taste as good as it looked on tv though.

Goals for today:
    Get to the pool
    Increase fruits and veggies
    Avoid fried chicken
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 286 Member
    @JeBeBu I'm sorry to hear about your husband's job! I hope things get better soon!

@Katmary71 Squats in the bathroom sounds like a good way to get in extra exercise. LOL on the UTI though! :D Great loss this week!

@apple852hk I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I go to the bathroom. I don't weigh every day, but I do weigh myself more frequently than once a week. My official weigh in is on Saturday because I want to know how I did all week, but I check in during the week to make sure I'm not getting off track.

@Wishusdonna That's still a good step total!

@tess5036 WOWIE! 20k steps! I'm in awe!

• AustinRuadhain
    JeBeBu wrote: »
    I am sorry to have "disappeared"...my husband lost his job a week and a half ago and I have been picking up any offered shifts and been completely preoccupied! I would still like to participate, if allowed.

We are so sorry about your husband's job. I hope you are able to pick up the new shifts you need, and that things get easier soon.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    I am sorry to have "disappeared"...my husband lost his job a week and a half ago and I have been picking up any offered shifts and been completely preoccupied! I would still like to participate, if allowed.

I hope you can sort it up soon, as @AustinRuadhain said, it's a bit like cheers here sometimes! It's good to see you when you are here and I hope all goes as well as it could possibly go and your husband finds a new job soon.
  • tess5036
    @apple852hk I weight first thing in the morning before the body weight gets mixed up with additional food and liquids. in reality I don't think it matters what time of day you weigh as long as you are consistent as that will show you the changes. when I'm in weight losing mode I tend to wait everyday, but at the moment as I'm focusing on training rather than losing I weigh just once a week.

@buniphuphu I can completely understand your interest in cooking shows I like them as well I find they can give me good ideas of things I can cook! I usually make some adjustments to either lower the calories or lower the carbs, but it can be rather inspiring.
  • tess5036
    Tuesday check in
    Carbs; under
    Water; over
    Exercise; not so good today as I ended up with more work than expected so just one hour cardio
    Tomorrow: longer cardio day with more time on the treadmill
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member

Of course! And no pressure if you aren’t able to check in regularly. Good luck to your husband if he is job searching. I was laid off 4 years ago. The first few days are definitely an adjustment but hopefully he’s able to look forward and not backward. It was a full time job finding and searching for my next job but if he puts the time in and has a positive attitude things will go his way.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 700 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    starting weight: 219.5
    Previous weight: 218.2
    current weight 219.8

Sun., Mon., Tues. Check-in of week 2 July
    Food: all food logged, all on plan, under on calories
    Water: 8 today - and maybe this is the right spot for me
    Exercise: 30 minute walk at work - intentional, hot as hell, proud of myself!

Next Day Goals
    Food: make choices that are good for me and continued less sodium!
    Exercise: a walk at work - looking for my 30 min. window!
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: drink more water, remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey

Guys - it's a struggle. I read back several pages this evening and there are so many of us who struggle like I do - and some who struggle more. I read hope here, YES - even from those struggling....hell, maybe the most from all of you in the same battle I am in. Daily life trying to suck me dry and just trying to remember that I *have* to take care of me. I read hope in the encouragement we give one another and I am so, so grateful for being in this group and for having support that I can put on hold while I work or tend family or shop or cruise the internet because I am really tired and need a brain break. Then I can wind my way back and here it is. I haven't been as vocal this past week and a half, here or for my MFP friends, I know I will be again - for now, I'm being kind to myself after a big week and a half of struggle. It's better this week and I feel like I've come to the other side and am working to stay here as long as I can.
This discussion has been closed.