Is anyone starting July 1st?

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I got it done last night. It was hot and steamy, and it was dark by the time I finished, but I did it!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    I must confess I set of a little late and if anyone had been up for going into the hot tub I might not have made it at all!!!

As my C25K app doesn't sync with MFP I use MapMyWalk at the same time. Do I really need to download MapMyRun or will the give the same results?
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I must confess I set of a little late and if anyone had been up for going into the hot tub I might not have made it at all!!!

As my C25K app doesn't sync with MFP I use MapMyWalk at the same time. Do I really need to download MapMyRun or will the give the same results?

Same results, I think. I've used MapMyRide in the past to also track runs.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

I use mapmyrun as my C25K app won't tell me distances (despite paying for the Zenlabs one) - it tells you your route and distance, and pace for each km - not sure how this compares with mapmywalk as I haven't used that app.

W6D1 done! Easier than the 20m run of W5D3, not sure why... softening us up for what's to come perhaps? 🙂
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I just use my Fitbit to calculate distances and calorie burns.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    W3D1 done :) Was thinking I had W2D3 to do yet so was a little thrown when I realized I had to run for 3 min..... I did it but it was proverbial uphill for both runs :neutral:

Happy Tuesday!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I ran this morning, w4d2. Feeling pretty good about my results!
    Week 4, day 2
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    I appear to have lost my training partner. If you are out there @savannahs21 I am still good to redo week 4 with you?

For now plodding on (literally) with week 5. I really wanted to give up on day 2 at the end and remember that mistake in the last 90 seconds from week 4 so carried on. Was so tired eventually gave in and realised the volume on my phone had switched off and I have jalked 90 seconds longer than the 8 minutes.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly, I'm still here just really struggling. I think I'm going to have to redo week 4 again. The 5 minutes is what messes me up.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly, I'm still here just really struggling. I think I'm going to have to redo week 4 again. The 5 minutes is what messes me up.

I know what you mean, it seems like forever when you start jogging it. When the little voice comes on saying "You are half way" it has to be a lie, that was least 10 minutes!!!

Let me know when we are starting week 4 and we can push through it together.
  • savannahs21
    Options
    Im restarting Monday, it's always Monday isn't it lol. Finishing Friday still.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you both. It's definitely a challenge, but you can do it!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this helps but for me I tried not to look at the time but instead count songs. Most songs are 3 minutes long. It helped me to know I just need to finish “one more song”. I also slowed my pace a lot to make sure I wouldn’t wear out.
  • savannahs21
    Options
    Even at 2.5 MPH (walking is 2.0) im still struggling but hopefully next week will be better.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hugs to those struggling - you can do it! I've been at this since March and am still only on week 6 - had to restart twice due to injuries and redone several days and weeks as needed. It is getting easier but it has taken some doing. W6D2 done - will attempt the 22m run on Sunday - we're going to be travelling for most of the next couple of days
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    W7R1 done! I had a 2 week break, was a little burnt out but so glad I did it! It was hard work but definitely do-able. Week 6 got me ready for week 7. In fact, I doubted I could finish it but found it easier then expected. So to all of you out there, you can do it too!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Together we are an unstoppable force!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    I am loving C25K despite the momentary struggle that is moving those legs quicker, especially on any sort of incline. Still it was nice to actually walk to the station this morning. 3.1 miles in 40:23 (4.6 mph) to get the heart going and keep me warmed up for Wk4 on Monday. A beautiful day for it!
  • savannahs21
    Options
    W4D3, not as bad today. Monday will be better!