WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff love the photos. I would love some of those veggies. Chives are on our produce plan this week. I’m making chive muffins.
    My range preference is 138-142.

People say maintenance is hard. It does feel hard in a way. But not nearly as hard as losing weight. My mental challenge is easier. But I don’t want to get too comfy going up the scale. Even a tiny bit is not ok for me.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello & happy Saturday!😊

I was supposed to get home from work last night, go to the gym, eat a light dinner & have a decent weigh-in, but instead we went out for Hibatchi & Dairy Queen after, hence the over 4 pound gain. I’m not worried, I’ll get it off! Back on track today!

Have a great weekend!😁
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @Zumba_Luvah SUPER!! love that it is working. what does your typical day look like?

@Mrsbell8well oh i wish you were my neighbor. (hey that kinda sounded like mr. rogers!) i have so much chive and oregano. zucchini not so much this year. the late start to the season has stunted its growth a little. put not the tomatoes. they are huge. i am trying an all natural way of keeping the tomato worms out. i hope it is working. no and you should not be comfy 142.4. your said your range was 138-142 so you need to get back to range. that's maintenance!! yeah i failed at my first attempt at maintenance. but i learned from it and i going to make it work next time. and yes!!! i am on track to lose 4 pounds this month. i feel strong. how bout you?

@timibotkin hey that is cool as cool gets!! i am super proud of you. did you talk to your doctor? and your right it was a beautiful morning to be out exercising. i was in my garden this morning around 7. picking the first real harvest!! lots of work picking and cleaning. where did you take your ride?

@kirsten11872 ohhhh man. that sucks! ohhhh no. did the hibatchi get you? right back on track. keep building the new you. and you keep smiling Kristen!! it looks good on you!

• Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff I’m giving myself 1 year to get to 138. I figured 1 pound a season. Going to stay at 142 till September. 141 by October 1st is my game plan.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Yes I would like to be your neighbor @cyndiesstuff
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Check in for Friday:
    Food: logged and under
    Water: plenty
    Exercise: none
    Steps: 3914

Was not one of my best days. I was still having fever, sore throat, and no energy. Kind of feeling a little better today. In the morning I even attended a free aerobics class in the near schoolyard. It was a short and low impact one, so fitted me just fine.
    @cyndiesstuff, I've read through that model several times, but I'm still not sure how to apply it to my situation. I was literally feeling bad and in pain. It was more of a fisical than psychological problem. I couldn't have the meds I've been prescribed for 4 more hours and wasn't able to fall asleep. So in that case sugar actually helped me feel a little better and fall asleep. Maybe I should have logged it first and have less sweet. Maybe I should have thought of a better cure, but at that moment I couldn't. Well I don't regret it. I prefer making some conclusion for myself. Like I should be more strict with my no sugar policy, because if I start I don't know when to stop ;-)
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff I need to pick some of my vegetables, unfortunately with all I was dealing with this year the weeds have taken over. I had the same problem with zucchini this year. I think we’ve just had to much rain. And I have not got to speak with my oncologist yet, but my surgeon told me I could resume my regular activities, and while I was getting my targeted therapies my nurses said I could resume eating all food just try to limit red meat, so I think I’m good to go. I go to a radiation oncologist on Wednesday so I’ll ask them also. My next appointment with my oncologist is the 27th when I have to go back for another treatment.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check in: Thursday & Friday
    Food: Logged both days, over on Thursday; under on Friday
    Water: Great
    Exercise & steps: Thursday 30 minute walk; 13,977 steps. Friday: yoga class; 7,851 steps

Thursday was just a plain weird day... felt off all day... tired & hungry. My neighbor called to ask if she could come visit. She walked up leading her husband by the hand. Turns out he's been diagnosed with advanced Alzheimer's. She's trying to handle everything all by herself. I'm not sure how long she'll be able to keep that up. I've made a point to visit more often, they especially enjoy playing with my dogs, and think I will bring her an occasional meal. I cook on the spicy side so need to tone it down for them. They're old school and not readily accepting of assistance but I'll try given that we get along and she's opening up to me. Friday was a better day but my shoulder is bothering me and yoga didn't help it as much as I had hoped. Decided to take a rest day and also chose to take a break from technology. It was a nice restful day. Shoulder is somewhat better today.

Today's NSV: Fit back into an old pair of Lucky Brand jeans. So excited! Don't care if they
    may not be in style anymore... I'm totally rocking them. Oh how they were my favorite back in the day which is why I refused to get rid of them all these years.

@Mrsbell8well I'll definitely let you know when I make it. Probably won't be until next month. Momentum is on my side and if it continues I'll hit goal in September. Will be a bit more experimental with my eating at that point. I also saw an alfredo recipe that uses cauliflower. I looked at the produce challenge you mentioned but we don't have that kind of variety around here. Focusing on what my garden is producing and Dr. Gregor's daily dozen for now.

@DananaNanas Girl, I'm right there with ya... I drink everyday. I know its not healthy but I'm not interested in giving it up at this point... it is what it is. Just take into account the empty calories. I'm losing and drinking LOL Please post a pic of the dress! And I'm trying to think of the show... what is it? Hope they're getting along.

@cyndiesstuff I have tons of zucchini and only green tomatoes. We need to be neighbors! LOL

@kirsten11872 OOooh I love Hibachi!!! We go each time I visit my hubby in PA. Tons of sodium tho... you'll drop those pounds quickly.

My phone keeps alerting me that storms are approaching so I'm jumping off before I lose power. Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff No to the knitting/crocheting. My friend had another stroke then had to go back to the hospital for something else. I know she is disappointed.
    I had "fun" this week washing curtains. Wednesday and Thursday I did a room - curtains at a small window in one bedroom then drapes in the master bedroom. Yesterday I did six more windows - long curtains that needed to be ironed too. Thought I'd never finish! Now I have the clean smell of ironing throughout the house.
    This coming week will be busy. Monday a normal day starting with water aerobics class, Tuesday take my grandson to the dentist and then take my granddaughter out for lunch and birthday shopping (this got postponed from Friday for an event she forgot about), Wednesday is a meeting at church in the morning, Thursday a beach day with my daughter and grandkids, Friday my brother and sister in law are coming for one day/night. Something every day. And the week after that school starts so I will be busy every morning when he volunteer activities start up again!
    My granddaughter did not pass her driving test this week as she went to slow on a road bumpy with lots of badly filled potholes. She goes back on Wednesday.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Come join Team Weight No More's Week Two Challenge.

Lets start a conversation about positive change!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759003/team-weight-no-mores-week-2-team-group-challenge#latest
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Check in for Saturday
    Food: on plan
    Water: 60 oz
    Exercise: 30 min walk
    Steps: 11643

worked hard yesterday. was up early working in my garden. i love this time of year when the garden starts to produce. laundry is done, house is clean, the old folks are taken care of. i accomplished everything on my list and stayed on track. today, i am not feeling to well. started getting sick yesterday. gonna take it easy. but i do want everyone to participate in the Team weight no mores week 2 challenge. I am "POSITIVE" it will be beneficial. i want out thread to be filled with positive self talk this week. to the point of over the top!! lets show them our spirit. I'll start:

I am strong and build with fierce resolve. I will accomplish my goals!

@Mrsbell8well i like your maintenance plan. you will figure this out. I know it!! I'm positive!!

@lennoncpa music can make one's soul sing!! i agree with your your analysis of the nut problem. it sounds like nuts just might be a trigger for you. ohhh and your son is so cute he pick your birthday to celebrate his. how special.

@Moarrein yea, thanks for sharing your illness. i feel the same way today. yes you were feeling bad and it was physical but food will not fix it. so the model would be something like this:

Fact: your sick
    Thought: i hurt, im tired, i won't be able to sleep, sugar might help
    Feeling: anxious and an urge to eat
    Action: over eating, compulsive eating, sleep

The theory is, change the thought it changes the feelings that evoke the action.

Fact: your sick
    Thought: i hurt, im need rest, hot sleepy time tea and meditation will help me relax
    Feeling: calm, relaxed tired
    Action: more conducive to sleep, rest

now you may not believe the thought at first, but that is where your power is. the brain will learn the new way but only if you work on it. take lots of practice but it is worth it.

@timibotkin i agree. the conditions were really yucky this spring. ohhh and if we were neighbors, i would come and weed your garden for you. we could smile and laugh just because. and if no one has told you lately, timi, you are doing some amazing work. you are one of the strongest people i know. hugz to you!!

@nstephenson01 ohhhh girl, you fit into your old jeans!! that must have been an amazing feeling. what did you say to yourself when you zipped them up? we would be great neighbors. i love your lifestyle. we could work in each others gardens. it would be grand fun and would burn those calories like crazy!!

@pacsnc6 wow you have a crazy busy week ahead. one more reason to eat healthy. you got this!!

• cyndiesstuff
    Options
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    DananaNanas
    Week 1
    Pw: 141.2
    Cw: 142.4
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    WEEK 1 TALLIES ARE IN THE BOOKS
    SO HERE WE GO

9ssdkcb06ji5.png

fp41rjwxc9ix.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 0.60%
    INDIVIDUAL % Nstephenson01 2.71%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 28.4
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST pjshawley 6.5

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.60%
    2nd Weight No More 0.24%
    3rd Workout Warriors -0.06%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 28.4
    2nd Weight No More 10.8
    3rd Workout Warriors -3.2

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Nstephenson01 2.71%
    2nd @pjshawley 2.63%
    3rd @Arc130 2.14%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @pjshawley 6.5
    2nd @LonniJay 5.0
    3rd @Beka3695 4.8
    3rd @Barbb1557 4.8

AS A WHOLE WE GAINED 4.5 POUNDS, or 0.02% !!

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Beka3695
    @LonniJay
    @Barbb1557
    @Cory17
    @Efsim
    @tigrib
    @brysonlights
    @kdv12
    @SaraMakingChanges
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    3z7renkym3lk.png
    WEEK 2 MODS CHALLENGE ..
    DID YOU KNOW
    THIS WEEK I AM GOING TO BE RUNNING A SERIES OF "DID YOU KNOW" ABOUT THIS TRICK
    MY HOPE IS THAT YOU WILL OPEN A DISCUSSIONS HERE OR ON YOUR TEAM THREAD TO SHARE LITTLE TRICKS THAT YOU HAVE LEARNED DURING YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY. SO POP ON OVER TO THE MODS CHALLENGE AND TAKE A PEAK.
    GREG

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759016/week-2-mods-challenge-did-you-know/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.