Non Scale Victories

Jackie9003
Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
Here's a thread for those little (or big) moments that don't include the number on the scale. I'm sure there are times when you think nothing is happening, or it seems soooo slow but then you have a moment when you realise something has changed.

Mine yesterday was not giving in to a stressful day by over eating or drinking. The other day I realised my favourite cardigans were 3 sizes too big.

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Brilliant! I love it when tight clothes suddenly fit, I have a wardrobe in waiting.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    same! I have clothes to bring me all the way down to M shirts and size 36 pants. I'll get there someday.
  • Jackie9003
    Fantastic results everyone, loving hearing about them.
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    @quemalosuerte that's awesome! and if gets cold where you live, the larger items can be used as layers :D

• jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    I might be crazy but I swear my head is getting smaller. My fitted hats are looser.
  • Jackie9003
    jjlewey wrote: »
    I might be crazy but I swear my head is getting smaller. My fitted hats are looser.

Take it, it's still a win :D
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member

I thought your head was getting bigger from all the step goals you were hitting.

But seriously your hat size can decrease with weight loss. Mine hasn't yet to any appreciable degree and maybe it won't but other people have reported this to happen. My fat was, and is, so poorly distributed it is unreal. The benefit of that may be that most of my loose skin will tighten on its own everywhere but my abdomen.
  • jjlewey
    merph518 wrote: »
    As of today I'm considering myself officially down to a 2xl shirt size... now that I have 5-6 shirts in that size that fit.

When I first started losing weight, I had some 4xl shirts that fit and some that were tight around the stomach, so that puts me right at -2 sizes, since I'm in the same spot with 2xl right now.

I've been losing some inches around my waist the last few weeks :)

I havent worn a 2xl shirt since the 90s lol. Congrats
  • NovusDies
    As of today I'm considering myself officially down to a 2xl shirt size... now that I have 5-6 shirts in that size that fit.

When I first started losing weight, I had some 4xl shirts that fit and some that were tight around the stomach, so that puts me right at -2 sizes, since I'm in the same spot with 2xl right now.

I've been losing some inches around my waist the last few weeks :)

I havent worn a 2xl shirt since the 90s lol. Congrats

Very early 90's.

Congrats @merph518. That is quite an achievement. Your shopping options have increased dramatically.

• merph518
    edited August 2019
    Thanks guys!

Yeah, to be able to buy shirts in normal stores is pretty foreign to me. It's been about 10 years for me. Still have a ways to go before I'm free of the big and tall section for pants though... I don't care for wearing my pants below my stomach.
  • NovusDies
    Thanks guys!

Yeah, to be able to buy shirts in normal stores is pretty foreign to me. It's been about 10 years for me. Still have a ways to go before I'm free of the big and tall section for pants though... I don't care for wearing my pants below my stomach.

I am down to a 2xl pants but still stuck in a 4xlt shirt. I could probably wear a 3xl shirt now but I can't find them long enough to cover my belly so I am running pretty baggy.
  • jjlewey
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    I realised today that I now fit into my office chair without my fat thighs overhanging the edge of the seat.
    Next target is cinema seating!

A big one for me was booths at restaurants, I havent been to the theater since losing some weight though. I am curious now.
  • NovusDies
    I haven't been in a theater yet either. I don't think I have seen a movie like that in 5 years. There is a place I would go that was further away but it had arm rests that would come up so I could see movies there. I wanted to go see Shazam but I got busy and before I knew it my window of opportunity passed.
  • merph518
    One thing I'm looking forward to particularly is fitting better on rides at amusement parks.