WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    I have had a couple of break weeks. Just a little sideways on eating but enough to be up a bit. Today is the start of a new week for me with nutritionist. So far, so good.

Have a great rest of week everyone.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Sorry I've been MIA and getting back to reading everyone's post. Crazy I haven't checked in for a few days and I missed over 100 posts. I hope all are doing well, I been upset that I felt like giving up but today I restarted and refreshed how I feel and need to keep going strong. I hope to have a good loss this Saturday. I still have a few days to get that to happen.
    It is SO hard when you get off for a while, but it is wonderful to hear that you have hit that point where you start again and realise how good you feel almost immediately after getting back on track. "Refreshed" is absolutely the right word. By Saturday, you'll be feeling strong! Make yourself proud, ok?

Thank you
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Sorry I've been MIA and getting back to reading everyone's post. Crazy I haven't checked in for a few days and I missed over 100 posts. I hope all are doing well, I been upset that I felt like giving up but today I restarted and refreshed how I feel and need to keep going strong. I hope to have a good loss this Saturday. I still have a few days to get that to happen.
    It is SO hard when you get off for a while, but it is wonderful to hear that you have hit that point where you start again and realise how good you feel almost immediately after getting back on track. "Refreshed" is absolutely the right word. By Saturday, you'll be feeling strong! Make yourself proud, ok?

Thank you
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    Happy more-or-less end of Friday!

I like this week for all of your weigh-ins - generally modest losses (easy to maintain!), any gains have been really small, and I think we are keeping it together! Last week was a bit of a slide down the slippery slope, but we seem to be climbing better now. All the Friday weigh-ins are DONE! Thanks.

HEADS UP for Saturday:
    @evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @Terytha
    @SueSueDio

Last chance for this week!
    @zlauerMom
    @Blackbeautysue
    Hoping to get your stats for this week - I know it isn't easy to check in right now, but it would be great to hear from you. Try to weigh-in or update, or ask for an excused week by the end of play tomorrow. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Uggggggh. My personal trainer wants to kill me. I'm sorry you guys, but I just don't know if I'll make it. ;_;

I'm exaggerating obviously but my arms definitely might fall off. Even brushing my hair is effort today.

I'm still doing ok without my anxiety meds. They discontinued the generic I've been on for 2 years and put me on a new one and suddenly I was getting all the miserable side effects. It took me months to track my stomach problems to that pill. I should've gone to my doctor but for various reasons I don't trust him so I just quit the thing and my stomach at least feels a bit better.

Yet to see if the panic attacks return, but so far I'm still functional.

Tomorrow we're meeting friends for a locked room! Definitely gonna escape this time.
    Keep remembering what that pain is - it WILL get better because you WILL get stronger. I think the exercise and muscle building will help the anxiety too - maybe not for everyone, but for many people (including myself), it is one of the elements that helps keep the anxiety from ramping up. And so much the better if your stomach is happier! See if your lovely partner can give you some nice soothing massage B)
  • jugar
    Options
    @martinesther88 - beautiful loss this week! I'm not suprised after seeing the # of steps... Well done!

@Connie7355 - yep, taking care of a parent is a heckuva job. My mother-in-law stayed home right to the end and passed away in June at age 95, and I was the one person of the family who was in there helping out. It is stressful, but gratifying in some ways. My mom is turning 89 tomorrow and will be coming up to visit from North Carolina. She comes every year for her birthday because it is the same day as my son, and they still love to celebrate together. Luckily, she is in amazing shape for 89. She lives really far away, though, so I dread when things get difficult. At least she is in one of those centres with all levels of care as she might need it. So far, we have a hard time keeping up with her! In any case, you did well for a week with those kinds of worries. Take care of yourself, and don't add to the stress by going into a bad eating spiral! We've got your back!

@AmyRobF - yep, falling off the wagon can sure happen fast and easily. But you didn't gain, and you're getting right back on, YES!

@tigrib and @leni1us - good losses! Keep on going - steady and sure.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!

It's the end of another week and the soon to be start of a new weekly challenge, which is on us to present to the whole group.

Previously we all did a daily No, and playing off that, how about a daily Yes, with a twist. Each day, say YES to something that promotes your health/ goals in each of the following categories:

1: Your SLEEP
    2: Your NUTRITION
    3: Your STRESS
    4: Your EXERCISE

So I might say:

1) Yes to a 9pm sharp bed time.
    2) Yes to a serving of vegetables at dinner.
    3) Yes to crossing off at least 2 items on my To Do list. (Or maybe 10 minutes of meditation.)
    4) Yes to going for a walk.

What do you all think? Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tweaks or other ideas. :)
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @jugar Thanks!! I think she is finally feeling better and your right, it is gratifying in a lot of ways. Just gets overwhelming sometimes. I know you know what I mean! Your mom sounds like she is doing amazing!! That’s great that she’s in a place that can help when she needs it though with you living so far away. Don’t worry, I haven’t come this far on my weight loss journey to quit now! I really appreciate your encouragement and support!!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!

It's the end of another week and the soon to be start of a new weekly challenge, which is on us to present to the whole group.

Previously we all did a daily No, and playing off that, how about a daily Yes, with a twist. Each day, say YES to something that promotes your health/ goals in each of the following categories:

1: Your SLEEP
    2: Your NUTRITION
    3: Your STRESS
    4: Your EXERCISE

So I might say:

1) Yes to a 9pm sharp bed time.
    2) Yes to a serving of vegetables at dinner.
    3) Yes to crossing off at least 2 items on my To Do list. (Or maybe 10 minutes of meditation.)
    4) Yes to going for a walk.

What do you all think? Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tweaks or other ideas. :)

That sounds fantastic!! Thanks for your work on behalf of our team.
  • micki48
    Options
    Sure hope my unofficial today weigh in is not my tomorrow official weigh in. Week has been pretty good? so it threw me. It will be ok. Hoping for a loss tomorrow.
  • micki48
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW 197.5
    CW 196.5
  • micki48
    Options
    mrt6t41iacyu.jpeg
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW 207.4
    CW 202.4
  • micki48
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW 207.4
    CW 202.4

Fantastic loss!! Well done. 🎉🎉
  • micki48
    Options
    Can someone shed light on the “woo” button on fitness pal? Is it woo, like yay! ? Which is what I thought originally. But then noticed hardly anyone uses it and there are googley 👀 So does it mean like woo - that’s bad? Just wondering...
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in: 230.2

Being in the 20's just tantalizingly out of reach. =P
    micki48 wrote: »
    Can someone shed light on the “woo” button on fitness pal? Is it woo, like yay! ? Which is what I thought originally. But then noticed hardly anyone uses it and there are googley 👀 So does it mean like woo - that’s bad? Just wondering...

Woo is a noun that means unsubstantiated or unfounded information or ideas. It's short for woo woo. Basically it means you think that what was posted is nonsense.
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW 207.4
    CW 202.4

Fantastic loss!! Well done. 🎉🎉

Thanks@micki48
  • jugar
    Options
    All right Saturday people! 7.2 pounds down so far, and still a few to check in.

I'm down near Burlington Vermont celebrating with my whole crazy family - my son and my mom share a birthday, so it is usually an excuse for some serious party madness. Then mom comes back north with me tomorrow to spend a week with us and recover from the birthday activities. Glad my weigh-in was yesterday...

Get those last stats in, and I'll be up (maybe not quite as early as usual) to do the tallies tomorrow morning before we head home. It has been a pretty good week for us!
  • micki48
    Options
    Saturday weigh in: 230.2

Being in the 20's just tantalizingly out of reach. =P

Woo is a noun that means unsubstantiated or unfounded information or ideas. It's short for woo woo. Basically it means you think that what was posted is nonsense.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wish there was a woot button though. 😁

Congratulations on being so close to the 20s I know you’ll get there next week. You’re doing great.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @matthewsfive and @micki48 you both had great weigh in’s!! Way to go!! @Terytha nice job getting so close to the 20’s!!
    @jugar how awesome that your mom and son share their birthdays!! Sounds like they had a great celebration!! My granddaughter and I share a birthday as well. Best birthday present ever!! Have a safe trip home tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.