TRIMSTONES TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    Arc130 wrote: »

@jessicakrall8 Hi Jessica! How're you doing? Lol! I will try to be more responsive whenever I can. I'm often at a place that has little to no service, so can't check in daily, but will try to be on top of it whenever I'm home. -Rose

Hi Rose:
    Just trying to get everyone to do a little more sharing...I tend to be a little on the dramatic side! :smile: Thanks for asking...I'm finishing my vacation today and it's back to work tomorrow. Going to be a busy week, so I'm trying to take it easy today. I had a nice vacation, got a lot done around the house and got my cat to the vet, so it was good. Getting ready to undergo some renovation due to some storm damage I had a few weeks ago, so it will be an interesting September...hope you have a great week ahead! Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    There are eight members of the steppers group who need to update me to finish out Week 2. Please check the chart and report by 5pm Monday EDT so I can announce the Week 2 winner that evening. Thanks! Jessica
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Hi Rose:
    Just trying to get everyone to do a little more sharing...I tend to be a little on the dramatic side! :smile: Thanks for asking...I'm finishing my vacation today and it's back to work tomorrow. Going to be a busy week, so I'm trying to take it easy today. I had a nice vacation, got a lot done around the house and got my cat to the vet, so it was good. Getting ready to undergo some renovation due to some storm damage I had a few weeks ago, so it will be an interesting September...hope you have a great week ahead! Jessica

Jessica, I'm glad your vacation went well and you got things done. I hope renovations go smoothly for you. Taking care of a home is hard work! I'm in a condo apartment so I only have to worry about my unit and pay into the maintenance of the building to the condo's management. Management takes care of everything else, yay!

This week, I'm heading to the farm for two days and then I'll be at Fountain House for the rest of the week. It's supposed to be quite hot and humid Monday and Tues so I hope there's some breeze. I'm still undecided about what pants to pack. Jeans or tights or pants that are just below-the-knees length. There are ticks in the fields, plus thicker pants are more protection against scrapes and scratches. Oh well. I'll figure it out -Rose
  • Arc130
    Steps
    Sat, Aug 17- 6,732
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Team WaistAways is challenging everyone for Week 3 to say YES! Week 3 is often a time for a slump, a slip, or just plain tiredness. We have had Just Say No (thanks, Trimstones!), but this week, give some yeses a chance. Four per day - go check it out:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10760171/week-3-challenge-from-team-waistaways-just-say-yes#latest
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Steps
    8/17 3,671
  • brysonlights
    brysonlights Posts: 25 Member
    Not sure what types of music everyone listens to here but I feel like I have somewhat of a theme song for my current efforts in weight loss.

Numb - Linkin Park

Not a new song by any means but a great workout jam.

In the lyrics I have interpreted “You” as old, fat, self sabotaging me and “Me/I” as new healthy getting skinner me trying to distance myself from old me.

Give it a listen or maybe just read the lyrics if it’s not your type of music and let me know what you think...

• DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Steps
    8/17 - 2042
    8/18 - 3359
  • thutchinson2210
    thutchinson2210 Posts: 33 Member
    steps
    8/17 5831
    8/18 7450
  • thutchinson2210
    Saturday weigh in 8/17
    PW 250
    CW 249
  • thutchinson2210
    steps
    8/14 3649
    8/15 3574
    8/16 5265
  • thutchinson2210
    does anyone else work an office job where they are sitting a large part of the day? I don't sit all day, but I do for a decent part of it. I struggle to get in anywhere close to 10,000 steps and I looking for ways to be more active while at work. Any ideas? thanks!
  • Arc130
    Steps
    Sun, Aug 18- 4838
  • vikster11111
    vikster11111 Posts: 117 Member
    @schlerin It's called a summer flounder or fluke. It's a nice white fish. Wait till I get a tog this fall. They are ugly but are so tasty.

@mulecanter No fish stories here. Fresh out of the water netted by my daughter. The other 6 people on the boat wished they caught it. :D

@jessicakrall8 lol. No guy likes getting beat by a woman. :p I love it!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Steps
    8/18 3,169
  • brysonlights
    brysonlights Posts: 25 Member
    does anyone else work an office job where they are sitting a large part of the day? I don't sit all day, but I do for a decent part of it. I struggle to get in anywhere close to 10,000 steps and I looking for ways to be more active while at work. Any ideas? thanks!

I feel you! I sit all day for my job too and I am none-to-interested to get on the "standing desk" bandwagon, sounds awful to me.

I've done a few things to help
    - always park at the furthest parking spot from the front door (work, grocery store, everywhere). Sure sometimes it's hot out or the weather is bad but I always know where my car is and that a space is available when I get there.
    - stairs, ugh I know, I hate stairs too, but even just up the elevator and down stairs counts as steps
    - drink more water, good hydration and you have to put in the steps for refills and peeing
    - I do a lot of conference calls, so I will book a meeting room for just me, put the call on speaker phone and pace/walk around the table while the call goes on. 1 hour call is an easy 1,000 steps.
    - walk the neighborhood in the evening, I walk the same route every night and have it memorized, I know where all the rough patches in the sidewalk are so I spend the time doing a lot of time browsing my phone. I also browse my phone while walking on the treadmill. I'm always blown away how quickly and easily it goes when I am focused on my phone. And if you are just walking no need to change clothes or "get ready" for the gym, just do it in your regular clothes and get it done.

• thutchinson2210

I feel you! I sit all day for my job too and I am none-to-interested to get on the "standing desk" bandwagon, sounds awful to me.

I've done a few things to help
    - always park at the furthest parking spot from the front door (work, grocery store, everywhere). Sure sometimes it's hot out or the weather is bad but I always know where my car is and that a space is available when I get there.
    - stairs, ugh I know, I hate stairs too, but even just up the elevator and down stairs counts as steps
    - drink more water, good hydration and you have to put in the steps for refills and peeing
    - I do a lot of conference calls, so I will book a meeting room for just me, put the call on speaker phone and pace/walk around the table while the call goes on. 1 hour call is an easy 1,000 steps.
    - walk the neighborhood in the evening, I walk the same route every night and have it memorized, I know where all the rough patches in the sidewalk are so I spend the time doing a lot of time browsing my phone. I also browse my phone while walking on the treadmill. I'm always blown away how quickly and easily it goes when I am focused on my phone. And if you are just walking no need to change clothes or "get ready" for the gym, just do it in your regular clothes and get it done.

Thanks for the tips!
    It is very feasible to park farther away, as one of the employee parking lots at the hospital is FAR away. Right now, I just park in the closest spot. I don't really get a lunch break every day, but today I did and I decided to go for a walk and just eat my lunch at my desk which was nice.
  • kateberard
    kateberard Posts: 110 Member
    Steps
    8/16- 3617
    8/17- 2242
    8/18- 6282
  • kateberard
    kateberard Posts: 110 Member
    edited August 2019
    Not sure what types of music everyone listens to here but I feel like I have somewhat of a theme song for my current efforts in weight loss.

Numb - Linkin Park

Not a new song by any means but a great workout jam.

In the lyrics I have interpreted “You” as old, fat, self sabotaging me and “Me/I” as new healthy getting skinner me trying to distance myself from old me.

Give it a listen or maybe just read the lyrics if it’s not your type of music and let me know what you think...

I think that’s a pretty good interpretation. One thing I love about linking park songs is that they can be interpreted in so many different ways
  • jessicakrall8

I park as far from the door as possible, walk on all of my breaks and lunch if I have time left and get up once an hour even if it's just to walk to the copier and back or from one end of the building to the other (long building). Hope this helps...I'm doing 7k a day...rarely get to 10k, but I'm building up to it...

Jess
This discussion has been closed.