TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• ethelsmommy
    ethelsmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I decided to continue with this into September! I'm in Orlando, and the stress of literally waiting for a hurricane to hit usually lands me in front of the fridge with a fork (It's all gonna melt if we lose power--quick, eat!!) But I am trying to keep calm and HYDRATE instead. I feel like I've drunk enough water to cause a hurricane, but I have managed to stick to my goal and come in under my calorie count!

Saturday, 8/31: yes/yes/yes
    Sunday, 9/1: yes/yes/yes
    Monday, 9/2: yes/yes/yes (including doing my daily walk in Publix up and down the aisles instead of outside in the blistering pre-storm heat and humidity
    Tuesday, 9/3: yes/yes/yes

Hang in there, gang, and KEEP GOING!!
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    9/3/19
    tracked yes
    under calorie goal yes
    exercise yes
    Will work on getting more water into me before sleep tonight.
  • dymphnadaniels
    dymphnadaniels Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    9/3/19 (Tuesday)

Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: Zombies, Run! (Circuit Training; Quarter Master - didn't complete) Total: 82 minutes

Day: I had a very rough night of fright. I kept waking up from terrible dreams to flat out nightmares. I would wake up with my heart pounding in my ears and only habit of falling back to sleep after such dreams enabled me to attempt to rest some more. I gave up though around five in the morning. I sat down and wrote for awhile waiting until it was late enough to eat my first meal of the day. I passed the time until around eight when I could walk down to Transitions (about half a mile away) to acquire their schedule of activities for the month. I forgot to stop by the pharmacy while I was there, however, as my aide had texted me to tell me she was coming in forty five minutes instead of eleven. I scampered back home and filled out my planner with the activities I wanted to do, making sure I had at least three per week. I did some cleaning around the apartment my aide wasn't allowed to do, such as touching my cat's kitty litter. My caseworker called and rescheduled our appointment (medication setup) for the later in the day, which worked out better for me; however, she called again at the appointment time and pushed it out further. By four I was feeling cooped up as I hadn't done much activity; my caseworker had just left allowing me to head downstairs for my Zombies, Run! Some girls came into the community room and started setting up for Yahtzee at the tables. I finished and went back up, cooked, and fixed my dinner. I watched my favorite show, then started to walk the hall, and did a flight of stairs as well, but I started to feel ill half-way in. The hall started to spin; I was dizzy and nauseous. I stopped and went back into my apartment sipping on water.

I started the day feeling agitated, but I didn't take it out on my aide or caseworker. It's just not me. In a lot of ways, to me, the day didn't get much better that where it started with frustrations here and there, even ending with one, but it's okay. It happens.

Personal Challenge:
    Three Positives About my Day:
    1) Managed to grab Transitions activities schedule
    2) Went over step goal
    3) Caseworker rescheduling worked out better

Three Positives About Self:
    1) Don't take frustrations out on others
    2) Listen to my body
    3) Willing to help out
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    9/3:
    Exercise: yes walked for over an hour
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Options
    9/3
    Tracked- yes
    Under- yes
    Exercise- yes
    Steps- 20,234
    Water- 118oz
  • Ar_cervantes
    Ar_cervantes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 9/3
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
  • Audgiebug
    Audgiebug Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    9/3/19
    tracked: yes
    under calorie goal: yes
    exercise: yes
    I need to drink some more water before I hit that pillow.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    9/3/19 (Tuesday)

Exercise: Zombies, Run! (Circuit Training; Quarter Master - didn't complete) Total: 82 minutes

Day: I had a very rough night of fright. I kept waking up from terrible dreams to flat out nightmares. I would wake up with my heart pounding in my ears and only habit of falling back to sleep after such dreams enabled me to attempt to rest some more. I gave up though around five in the morning. I sat down and wrote for awhile waiting until it was late enough to eat my first meal of the day. I passed the time until around eight when I could walk down to Transitions (about half a mile away) to acquire their schedule of activities for the month. I forgot to stop by the pharmacy while I was there, however, as my aide had texted me to tell me she was coming in forty five minutes instead of eleven. I scampered back home and filled out my planner with the activities I wanted to do, making sure I had at least three per week. I did some cleaning around the apartment my aide wasn't allowed to do, such as touching my cat's kitty litter. My caseworker called and rescheduled our appointment (medication setup) for the later in the day, which worked out better for me; however, she called again at the appointment time and pushed it out further. By four I was feeling cooped up as I hadn't done much activity; my caseworker had just left allowing me to head downstairs for my Zombies, Run! Some girls came into the community room and started setting up for Yahtzee at the tables. I finished and went back up, cooked, and fixed my dinner. I watched my favorite show, then started to walk the hall, and did a flight of stairs as well, but I started to feel ill half-way in. The hall started to spin; I was dizzy and nauseous. I stopped and went back into my apartment sipping on water.

I started the day feeling agitated, but I didn't take it out on my aide or caseworker. It's just not me. In a lot of ways, to me, the day didn't get much better that where it started with frustrations here and there, even ending with one, but it's okay. It happens.

Personal Challenge:
    Three Positives About my Day:
    1) Managed to grab Transitions activities schedule
    2) Went over step goal
    3) Caseworker rescheduling worked out better

Three Positives About Self:
    1) Don't take frustrations out on others
    2) Listen to my body
    3) Willing to help out

@dymphnadaniels, you have a great attitude, even if you didn't have a great day. I hope you slept better last night, with only the sweetest of dreams!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    Sun: yes/no/yes
    Mon: yes/yes/yes
    Tue: yes/yes/yes

My running goal for Sept is to first run a mile without stopping for a break, and second build up to a mile in under 10 minutes.
    I decided to test myself today. I was able to jog a mile with no break on my first try! Now with the whole month to go I need to work on increasing from a jog to a run.

@erikNJ, well that's inspiring, Erik! Now to work on your PB's!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    9/3/19
    Tracked:
    yes
    Exercise: yes

I took Roy(the 10 year old labradoodle) and Dillon(the pup) for a walk after I got home from work today. They love going together! Dillon takes a little effort to get him out of our yard because he thinks he's going in the car until we get to the road. Poor guy hates the car so far, we're trying different methods to try and get him to enjoy it the way Roy does. I stopped at the grocery store after work because I was starving, but kept it smart and picked up stuff for a healthy lunch. I had a good helping of pulled pork for dinner, with a serving of ice cream for dessert. No guilt, though, because I still have almost 700 calories left for the day, and I'm done eating for the evening. I'm about to finish the night off by doing the dishes, and making a snack and lunch to take to work with me tomorrow.

@cmhubbard92, way to keep it smart in the grocery store, and finish with a guilt free day!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I am so glad I decided to continue with this into September! I'm in Orlando, and the stress of literally waiting for a hurricane to hit usually lands me in front of the fridge with a fork (It's all gonna melt if we lose power--quick, eat!!) But I am trying to keep calm and HYDRATE instead. I feel like I've drunk enough water to cause a hurricane, but I have managed to stick to my goal and come in under my calorie count!

Saturday, 8/31: yes/yes/yes
    Sunday, 9/1: yes/yes/yes
    Monday, 9/2: yes/yes/yes (including doing my daily walk in Publix up and down the aisles instead of outside in the blistering pre-storm heat and humidity
    Tuesday, 9/3: yes/yes/yes

Hang in there, gang, and KEEP GOING!!

@ethelsmommy, what a positive change in your mindset this time around! And way to think outside the box as far as where to walk goes...why not the grocery store? Stay safe, and I hope Dorian doesn't do too much damage!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    Hi guys, hope everyone had a good weekend and an extra good one for those enjoying a holiday one!
    We’re away for a couple of nights to celebrate my daughters first birthday and had a little party for her on Sunday so food has been a little off but not a nightmare... I am proud of myself today though as I took the time while my wee one napped to head to the hotel gym and hopefully made a dent in some of the extra eating! Did 20 mins of hard work on the bike and then another half hour on upper body weights. Feeling determined for September 💪🏻
    oxxpg8btl6qd.png

@Coral333, Happy first birthday to your wee one! Well done on taking advantage of the hotel gym...you might as well; you're paying for it!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    My Wednesday weigh-in crew:

@brandi_84, @DreamAchiever33 and @mirendybryant
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    Tuesday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked-yes
    Under no
    Exercise yes

I feel addicted to carbs. Once I start eating them it is out of control. Low carb and IF worked earlier this year so I am doing a 24 hour fast tomorrow to cut the carb cord.

@swauters I feel the same way. Trying to come up with ways that I can get over it, but struggling through getting through each day.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge: (logging, under, exercise)

Sun: no, no, no
    Mon: no, no, no
    Tues: yes, barely? (Does 26 over count?), yes
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    min challenge 9/3

yes/yes/yes

LOVING the hot yoga at the studio in my new town
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday
    Last week- 233.0
    This week- 230.8
    ⬇2.2

Almost lost what I gained in the last 2 weeks of August, only .4 off. Ready for another great week.
This discussion has been closed.