edited September 2019
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    GOOD MORNING TEAM SLIMSONS
    TODAY IS DAY 4!

TODAY'S MOTIVATIONAL TIP:
    STRESS/EMOTIONAL EATING
    p2udle6byqjt.jpg

Sometimes we let our stress overwhelm us and then we may turn to our favor comfort foods in that moment. This is not for everyone, but those whom like me find themselves in this place from time to time, let's take a minute to reflect afterwards [REGRET, GUILT & SOMETIMES EVEN SHAME] are just a few feelings we contemplate afterwards. Well it's not a done deal there are a few things we can do instead of eating our feelings especially those of us who are trying to change the lives for the better by shredding some excess weight.

A few things that are working for ME are: talking to my psychotherapist, working out when the urges hit and keeping a gratitude and food journal.

Everyone has to find what works for them. It may take days, months or even years to overcome emotional eating habits but the first step is acknowledging that there's an issue and the next step is taking action. This is no way that it will be a quick fix but small baby steps will lead to a huge change in your life.

Hope this helps just one person today.

@gjaholy33 For me, the journaling helps, writing down what I'm eating and how I'm feeling and also how I feel after and during my workouts, that way I can look back at it when I'm feeling like I want to eat more, and realizing I don't need more.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work team!!

7zxwy8u0eao9.gif
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 - I’m with you on eating the meat, I would really struggle without that, especially as I’m not too keen of the veggie stuff ( my nickname is ‘don’t eat green’ lol.

Question, how does everyone keep up with all the posts? Not being very techy I would find it much easier if we had a thread to log figures but another for all the tips and ideas -do you think that is possible, or am I just being lazy.....
  • Rigibann
    Options
    @gjaholy33 I so agree with your post on emotional eating. It’s a snap moment when I will weaken and then the guilt and shame drops in and I then continue to eat anything because I feel I have ‘ruined it’ for the day.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Rigibann wrote: »
    @AB0215 - I’m with you on eating the meat, I would really struggle without that, especially as I’m not too keen of the veggie stuff ( my nickname is ‘don’t eat green’ lol.

Question, how does everyone keep up with all the posts? Not being very techy I would find it much easier if we had a thread to log figures but another for all the tips and ideas -do you think that is possible, or am I just being lazy.....

@Rigibann I am not really sure that's feasible from admin perspective, I already have to create a spreadsheet, 5 different groups for each team every month and monitor it all, not to mention that would mean there'd be 2 threads for each team and I think that may be confusing for members also and may lead to things being posted in the wrong threads, I think it's probably the best to just scroll through what you don't want to read through.
    Personally I prefer to do this through a pc, it's easier to me to scroll through all the information than on the app on a tablet or phone, not sure if that's what you're trying to do, but I definitely find it easier to do it on the pc.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Username: nebslp
    Week: September week 1
    Weigh-in day: WEDNESDAY
    PW =224.8
    CW= 224.6
  • Rigibann
    Options
    @AB0215 thanks - fully understand, think you do an amazing job pulling everything together and we all thank you for it. I do use an iPad and it’s when I see the notifications telling me there are 48 new ones - just blows my mind lol. I shall carry on and hopefully don’t miss anything important - thanks again
  • Rigibann
    Options
    Daily check in Weds 4 Sept
    Track - no
    Calories - no
    Exercise - yes

Comments - a lovely walk around Bodium Castle followed by cream tea on local steam train
  • AB0215
    Options
    @AB0215 thanks - fully understand, think you do an amazing job pulling everything together and we all thank you for it. I do use an iPad and it’s when I see the notifications telling me there are 48 new ones - just blows my mind lol. I shall carry on and hopefully don’t miss anything important - thanks again

@Rigibann You can save the thread and have it only notify you about posts that you're tagged in, that's what I tend to do because well, with all of the admin, I'd be looking at 48 notifications (or so) x 5 threads and that's unreal really. It also helps me to weed out some of what I don't really need to pay that much attention to.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Wednesday, 4 September

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walking, 1h 30m
    💬Comments: Really proud of myself for getting back on track. After going through a period of not really caring and eating junk food, I’ve been doing great for the past couple of weeks (and I’m finally losing weight again)

🌟NSV🌟

Today I bought a pair of jeans with a waist of 28 inches and they fit me! They were on sale and I didn’t bother trying them on in the shop, but I thought they would be a pair of jeans that I’d need to put away until I lost a little more weight. I have this thing going on where I seem to see myself as bigger than what I really am. I wonder if that will ever change.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to post yesterday, I did weigh but with the holiday it threw me off.
    Mrsjas200
    Tuesday’s
    PW. 259
    CW. 257
  • AB0215
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »

Today I bought a pair of jeans with a waist of 28 inches and they fit me! They were on sale and I didn’t bother trying them on in the shop, but I thought they would be a pair of jeans that I’d need to put away until I lost a little more weight. I have this thing going on where I seem to see myself as bigger than what I really am. I wonder if that will ever change.

@o0kody0o OMG this is me, I'm still trying to come to grips with the size I'm at. I'm wearing smalls on the top and mediums on bottom (8ish) and I swear my mom has been picking me up some clothes at garage sales (because she just can't help herself) and she gives them to me and I'm like that's not going to fit, what are you crazy?! and her response is always, "Just put them on" and I do and they fit and it's unreal. Just.not.real.
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    💥Daily Post: Wednesday, 4th September 💥

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: very slightly over
    ☑️ None today
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    o0kody0o wrote: »

@o0kody0o OMG this is me, I'm still trying to come to grips with the size I'm at. I'm wearing smalls on the top and mediums on bottom (8ish) and I swear my mom has been picking me up some clothes at garage sales (because she just can't help herself) and she gives them to me and I'm like that's not going to fit, what are you crazy?! and her response is always, "Just put them on" and I do and they fit and it's unreal. Just.not.real.

@AB0215 It is so mind-boggling isn’t it? My mum is the exact same. She loves browsing second hand shops and will buy me mainly jeans if she comes across some decent ones and I’ll say to her “what size do you think I am?!” But they fit me! So I know that others see my true size (the slimmer me) but I still can’t grasp the fact, or see, that I’m smaller than what I was. In a way it kind of worries me because if I can’t see myself like others do, will I just continue trying to lose weight and end up too thin, if you get what I mean? I’m not aiming for the skinny look; I want to be slimmer, fitter and toned. I know it’s all in my head and that’s probably something I need to work on!

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Weds 4 Sept
    Track - no
    Calories - no
    Exercise - yes

Comments - a lovely walk around Bodium Castle followed by cream tea on local steam train

That just sounds so quaint. A castle, tea, steam train!
    I walked up stairs. You see, it doesn't quite compare.😐
  • benbowers
    benbowers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday 4th Sept

Track Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise No. Rest day. Hill repeats tomorrow, 5-6miles
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Wednesday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔ started doing stairs at work. I hate stairs. Maybe if I lose more weight I won't hate them as much, but right now...😠.but, I will continue.
    Water - 88oz

• Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes

Today I started decluttering my house. Although I thought that I already have quite minimalist lifestyle, I've collected 2 garbage bags of excess clothes from 4 shelfs of wardrobe only :o . A lot of work ahead, but I do feel lighter myself already o:)
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 3rd

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,100 steps

Daily Post: September 4th

Calories under goal: No
    Exercise: 10,950 steps

• AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 60 mins weight training, 90 mins walking.
This discussion has been closed.