Options
    9/14/19
    Yes track
    Yes under calorie goal
    Yes exercise
  • Audgiebug
    Audgiebug Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I know I personally haven't logged on. I have learned a few new things about myself this month. I don't want to type out on my phone onto the forum, so I need to make time to log onto my computer after my kids are in bed. Possibly interact for 5-10 minutes with others. Though I am not sure how to get someone's previous message to show up here to type a response. Is that the quote option?

The second thing that I discovered was that I was allowing myself too many calories to consume in the day (I chose active instead of lightly active) so I over ate, which lead me to not have a loss so I stayed away from MFP for a few days. I know I need to reach out in my low times but I naturally retract, so that one will always be a work in progress for me. Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday night!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    9/14:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 5 mile walk
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment. So many suggestions, I am not sure how it would all work. As far as the discussion thread, there is no real good way to make navigation easier. If we could respond to one post and have all the comments come after that post like in the news feed, that would be easier to follow, but unfortunately it does not work that way.

@cmhubbard92, could you give us an example post of how it would look if you were doing all the challenges.....just make up some numbers. I am having a hard time imagining it.
    @HASWLRS I played around a bit with google this morning. Trying to take a little pressure off of the group page, I threw together some ideas for the step challenge first. I could pretty much follow what I did below with the step challenge, and create something similar for the water challenge.

Click here to submit your daily or weekly steps!
    This link is a google form I created. Feel free to test it out and submit a response(for testing purposes, it doesn't have to be accurate). Here is a picture of what it looks like:
    l7kmsox6c87a.jpg

I also made a spreadsheet that calculates the percentages with random numbers filled in. The results of the form gets sent to me, and I could easily enter the numbers into the spreadsheet. Here is my "test" spreadsheet:
    cy5ofp2y5xvk.jpg

Of course, if anyone were to have any issues getting into the google form, I could browse through the thread to see who put their steps for each day, and could just pop them in too. I wouldn't mind pulling the weight for this, because I know you already have so much to do with the weigh ins.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Audgiebug wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I know I personally haven't logged on. I have learned a few new things about myself this month. I don't want to type out on my phone onto the forum, so I need to make time to log onto my computer after my kids are in bed. Possibly interact for 5-10 minutes with others. Though I am not sure how to get someone's previous message to show up here to type a response. Is that the quote option?

The second thing that I discovered was that I was allowing myself too many calories to consume in the day (I chose active instead of lightly active) so I over ate, which lead me to not have a loss so I stayed away from MFP for a few days. I know I need to reach out in my low times but I naturally retract, so that one will always be a work in progress for me. Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday night!

@Audgiebug yes, when you want to include someone's previous post, use the quote button. When you want to tag them (so they know you are replying to their post), use "@" and start typing their username.

If you lower your setting to lightly active, you can also lower your loss per week to have a slightly higher calorie allowance while adjusting to lower intake in general. It's really a learning process all the way, and we've all been there! We're all here for support!
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    9/15/19
    Week 3
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Start weight 160#
    Last week weight 155.8#
    Current weight 153.2 #
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I hope no one felt attacked or anything by my comments, that was not my intention.
    @HASWLRS I was absolutely not putting any blame on you. It is okay to have your heart not in it, doesn’t that happen to all of us? It was more of a group observation - myself included.
    But look at the ideas floating around!
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I confess I'm one of the people that read the forum but rarely post. A few reasons for this; I'm very slow on posting from my phone and don't take the time to get on my computer, many times all I've got to say is 'I'm going to try to do better' - I don't see much motivation in that. Recently I have not been tracking my food so have not been participating in the mini-challenge. You all provide motivation for me so I will try to post more often with what ever success or challenge I may be facing .

I'm near my goal weight but my body composition is no where near goal. I've worked on increasing my steps but still very low. Seeing how well others do is certainly motivating. The number of steps I do per day varies significantly, last week the lowest day was 2k and highest 31K. I would be interested in monitoring steps.

Something that is easy for me is drinking water. Even if there were no calories in a glass of soda usually I would still prefer water. And I drink lots!

Ok my success for today is that my daughter said; 'Have you lost more weight? You have a thigh gap!' (apparently that's a thing now. And it helps I was wearing leggings!)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    I hope no one felt attacked or anything by my comments, that was not my intention.
    @HASWLRS I was absolutely not putting any blame on you. It is okay to have your heart not in it, doesn’t that happen to all of us? It was more of a group observation - myself included.
    But look at the ideas floating around!

@erikNJ I don't think anyone feels attacked, but I feel as though you made us all aware of something we need to improve on! It was definitely a good thing that you brought it up!

On another note, great plan this morning to hit the gym early! I keep saying I want to use all if the weight lifting equipment in the basement but I get worried about having the puppy roam the house on his own... he's trying to chew everything and loves making messes.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    cossmoss15 wrote: »
    Hello All,

I confess I'm one of the people that read the forum but rarely post. A few reasons for this; I'm very slow on posting from my phone and don't take the time to get on my computer, many times all I've got to say is 'I'm going to try to do better' - I don't see much motivation in that. Recently I have not been tracking my food so have not been participating in the mini-challenge. You all provide motivation for me so I will try to post more often with what ever success or challenge I may be facing .

I'm near my goal weight but my body composition is no where near goal. I've worked on increasing my steps but still very low. Seeing how well others do is certainly motivating. The number of steps I do per day varies significantly, last week the lowest day was 2k and highest 31K. I would be interested in monitoring steps.

Something that is easy for me is drinking water. Even if there were no calories in a glass of soda usually I would still prefer water. And I drink lots!

Ok my success for today is that my daughter said; 'Have you lost more weight? You have a thigh gap!' (apparently that's a thing now. And it helps I was wearing leggings!)

@cossmoss15 Awesome NSV! I have to say that seeing what everyone has to say motivates me to try harder, too! Even when we are struggling, it's still awesome to have this place to vent it out. We all need it now and then.
    Great job on drinking a lot of water, always! I drink a lot of water, too, but definitely indulge in other drinks too. Its something I need to work on in the future. In regard to composition, do you do any weight lifting to help you with that? May be good to get a routine going with a couple different things.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    9/14/19
    Exercise: yes

9/15/19
    Under: yes(barely!)
    Exercise: yes
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @erikNJ Smoked chicken sounds very tasty and definitely a lot lighter than pizza for sure!

We’re trying a new recipe every weekend here to cook so tonight was a different type of paella and it was so good! My goal alongside the weight loss this year is to really learn how to cook yummy food at home to the point where we don’t feel the need to get a takeaway or eat out quite as much. Hoping it will be good for the weight loss as well as the pennies.

Hope everyone is well and had a good weekend. I’m excited for the step challenge! @cmhubbard92 thanks for putting together that google form. Looks a good way to put it together. Happy to post on the thread too so whatever is easiest.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    @erikNJ Smoked chicken sounds very tasty and definitely a lot lighter than pizza for sure!

We’re trying a new recipe every weekend here to cook so tonight was a different type of paella and it was so good! My goal alongside the weight loss this year is to really learn how to cook yummy food at home to the point where we don’t feel the need to get a takeaway or eat out quite as much. Hoping it will be good for the weight loss as well as the pennies.

Hope everyone is well and had a good weekend. I’m excited for the step challenge! @cmhubbard92 thanks for putting together that google form. Looks a good way to put it together. Happy to post on the thread too so whatever is easiest.

@coral333 I'm hoping that it works all around! I do have the form linked to my spreadsheet I made, so responses would automatically send to there. Technically, that is easier, but I still don't mind copying from here!

I've been cooking a ton lately, and we picked up an instantpot yesterday. We made a whole chicken in it, and I was amazed by how quickly the process was! I am always experimenting with food, and can't wait to see how things come out in there! I have never tried paella, so that may be something I would look into making/trying!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Tracked, at and over 10k steps.

Goals for this week: 1. sleep better (I log only 5 hrs a night, which is crazy), 2.
    meal prep >eating out (pray for me ya'll as there's a book and film festival this week every night so...)3. walk at least 10k a day, 4. PRAY (need to get back to this useful tool in my life).

Good luck to all this week!!!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Tracked: no - I gave into pizza today and didn't pay attention to calories at all.
    I did walk some.

I did meal plan for most meals this week, to help keep under calorie goal the rest of the week.

@cmhubbard92 I am having the same issue with my new pup. If he comes down to the basement with me he gets in the way and I'm afraid he will get hurt.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    mini-challenge
    I don't know why I can't seem to post to this every day. I will be doing good, then just skip a couple of days of posting then its the end of the week and I have given up on posting to the mini-challenge at all.

so let's try another week. They say doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. I know it is harder for me to post from my phone so I am now sitting at my computer to post this.

Sunday 9/15
    tracked- yes
    under-yes
    exercise-yes, interval run training
    water 64 oz, steps 12k

I don't know if the other challenges are up and running. If they are and I just don't know how to join them, feel free to enter my numbers and try to explain to me how to do it so it is not so much work for you!

My goals this week-
    1: brush my teeth at 7 or 8 pm so that I don't want to eat more... let's see if that works!
    2: weights 2x this week
    3: pop onto the computer to log this, read posts, and reply for a few minutes each night. If I have time to watch tv, I have a few minutes to type.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    @brandi_84 pizza is definitely a weakness for many of us!
    @erikNJ you are probably watching your team as I type this (the game is on here in the background) and I hope you are enjoying your chicken. That's a great option.
    @ForLangston A book and film festival would definitely keep me busy throughout the week. It sounds wonderful and I hope you enjoy it. Are you able to take small healthy snacks with you (maybe smuggled in a purse)?
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    9/15:
    Exercise: yes 35 min treadmill
    Steps: 13k
    Water: 48 oz

I love the new challenges. I am so bad at drinking water, so hopefully this helps motivate me. Should we be using the Google form for steps?

I will also try to increase my interaction. I tend to be a quiet member, but I do read everyone's posts.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    @sandkp I also find that challenges really motivate me and I love some of your ideas. Are you thinking that we add a new/ different challenge to or weekly mini-challenges? For example... We still post tracked, under/ over, exercise plus then whatever the challenge is?.... a pic of your dinner, a link to a video, etc?

@swauters that was kind of what I was thinking.... nothing too overwhelming or needing tracked more than what we are posting for the other. Just a way to share info (videos etc ) along with getting us focused on something different or new (like the food stuff) I know I am just starting to get my head somewhat above water and am treading but not swimming yet so I didnt want something to detailed or that needed tracked because I couldn't take that on right now. Now if the spreadsheet is up and running with a link to it we can all get to easily, it may be easy to add a space on there for the weekly challenge or to add a link for the videos etc but since I am clueless on Google sheets that would be for those with knowledge to say how hard or easy it would be.
This discussion has been closed.