mini-challenges
    Sept 16
    tracked-yes
    under-yes
    exercise-yes, weights and arc trainer

water 108 oz, steps >16000

goals
    teeth, weights, and computer- all so far so good. It's only day 2 of 7

Great start to the week - I’m sure you can keep up with your goals.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been absent most of the last week with a bung shoulder :/
    So I haven't kept up with the mini challenge.
    I've tried to read all the posts I've missed but it was about 8 pages long so skipped the last couple (sorry!)

I love the idea of a step challenge I have a fitbit so please let me know what I need to do.
    A water challenge would be great because my intake has been rubbish. I'll be good for one day, then terrible for 3.

We used to do a 'question of the day' (many moons ago!). I really liked participating in that.

I try and include 'self-care' every day for me...maybe checking in here would be good for that as it helps me stay on track.

Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: September Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 238.2
    Current Weight: 237.1

Small loss this week...but Shark Week is a upon me!
    It should be a better loss next week!

That’s a great loss (despite the timing). Hopefully your shoulder doesn’t keep you sidelined for too long.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92 - I filled out the form, but I wasn’t able to edit the spreadsheet. Any idea why not? I would just prefer to update the sheet directly since I have the app and can find the spreadsheet easier than the form.

@pkg1998 Could you message me your email(whatever you use for sheets)? I can add you to the spreadsheet to edit. Because I'm still playing with things, I have myself as the only person to edit it right now.

Messaged you.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Water is 65oz (1950ml)
    Is that easier than mls for the google sheet?
    @cmhubbard92

That’s a great amount of water. I’m trying to work my way up, but I just don’t like water :D
  • pkg1998
    Options
    9/17/19 weigh-in

Previous week: 204.9
    Current week: 203.3
    Loss: 1.6lb

Honestly surprised to have a good loss this week! Shark week is treating me well this month!

That’s a huge loss and just proves that you are doing all the right things to reach your goals.
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 9/16/19

yes/no/yes - only 26 cals over, but it counts as a NO in my book
    HASWLRS wrote: »

@annabananamc, it would be great if you could still do both! Yoga has its benefits, even if significant weight loss isn't one of them!! But well done on your C25K!! What day/week are you on?

I am still doing both yoga and C25K for sure! I did W3D1 - I backtracked a bit from where I was this summer when I had to stop for awhile for life + sore knees. I found some soft trails to run on near my new house!

Did yoga yesterday, and probably again tomorrow. I do find they are a good balance.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been absent most of the last week with a bung shoulder :/
    So I haven't kept up with the mini challenge.
    I've tried to read all the posts I've missed but it was about 8 pages long so skipped the last couple (sorry!)

I love the idea of a step challenge I have a fitbit so please let me know what I need to do.
    A water challenge would be great because my intake has been rubbish. I'll be good for one day, then terrible for 3.

We used to do a 'question of the day' (many moons ago!). I really liked participating in that.

I try and include 'self-care' every day for me...maybe checking in here would be good for that as it helps me stay on track.

Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: September Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 238.2
    Current Weight: 237.1

Small loss this week...but Shark Week is a upon me!
    It should be a better loss next week!

@MelsLeanDream, hope your shoulder is feeling better! All those small losses add up, so well done on losing another pound!! We could do a question of the week....I think it would be hard to come up with something new everyday, and not everyone logs in daily, either. I would welcome suggestions of questions.
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Options
    9/16
    Tracked-yes
    Under- yes
    Exercise- yes
    Steps-19,492
    Water- 115oz
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh in day 161.5
    Last few days at work before a break and going to refocus on my routines
    Will have a bit more time to contribute here too

@lozenger1984, what a great way to start a break, with a loss on the scales! You are almost back to your starting weight for September, and then it's all downhill from there!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Water is 65oz (1950ml)
    Is that easier than mls for the google sheet?
    @cmhubbard92

@MelsLeanDream thank you! I could have looked up the conversion, but that definitely helps! I have added you to the sheet! For both! :) and I could use your email or Fitbit username to add you to our challenges on Fitbit!

@cmhubbard92, converting ounces to mls in everyday use is not an exact conversion. 1 cup in the old (sorry) Imperial system is 8 ounces, but in metric, 1 cup is 250 mls, but yet in reality, 8 ounces is 227.28 mls and 250 mls is 8.82 ounces. If we used "cups", then no one would have to convert, and everyone could divide their own amount to get the number of cups. I don't know if that would work for the spreadsheet, as I haven't seen it yet, but just putting it out there.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    9/17/19 weigh-in

Honestly surprised to have a good loss this week! Shark week is treating me well this month!

@cmhubbard92, well done this week!! You are now officially down 1.2 for the month, with one weigh-in to go!! You must be settling in nicely to your new routines!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini challenge 9/16/19

yes/no/yes - only 26 cals over, but it counts as a NO in my book

@annabananamc, it would be great if you could still do both! Yoga has its benefits, even if significant weight loss isn't one of them!! But well done on your C25K!! What day/week are you on?

I am still doing both yoga and C25K for sure! I did W3D1 - I backtracked a bit from where I was this summer when I had to stop for awhile for life + sore knees. I found some soft trails to run on near my new house!

Did yoga yesterday, and probably again tomorrow. I do find they are a good balance.

@annabananamc, only 26 over counts as a "yes" in my book, seeing as this whole calorie counting thing is not an exact science!!

Soft trails sound wonderful to run on, and more picturesque than a sidewalk!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Monday, September 16th

logged food and under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, a 36 minute walk. I walked part of the 5.75 km trail that I used to run (and someday hope to run again!!)
    water: 8 cups (>5)
    steps: 9,233 (>6,000)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    This is for you, Mel (and for me, too!!)

Whenever I count calories, and am in a deficit, I have trouble sleeping because I wake up hungry. Yes, I should need to eat more, but the whole "what to eat" becomes a question. I am looking for suggestions of what to eat right before bed that will help to keep me fuller, longer, so that I hopefully don't wake up. So, this is my

QUESTION OF THE WEEK - What do you eat right before bed that keep you from waking up hungry in the middle of the night?
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    9/17/19 weigh-in

@cmhubbard92, well done this week!! You are now officially down 1.2 for the month, with one weigh-in to go!! You must be settling in nicely to your new routines!

@HASWLRS thank you! I am definitely getting settled in a bit!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    9/17/19 weigh-in

That’s a huge loss and just proves that you are doing all the right things to reach your goals.

@pkg1998 thank you so much!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options

Whenever I count calories, and am in a deficit, I have trouble sleeping because I wake up hungry. Yes, I should need to eat more, but the whole "what to eat" becomes a question. I am looking for suggestions of what to eat right before bed that will help to keep me fuller, longer, so that I hopefully don't wake up. So, this is my

QUESTION OF THE WEEK - What do you eat right before bed that keep you from waking up hungry in the middle of the night?

@HASWLRS I feel bad answering this way... but nothing... I eat my dinner between 2:30 and 3:30pm(I wake up at 2:30am), and may have desert around 4(small cup of ice cream or a snack like cheese and crackers) and I go to bed no later than 7. So I usually dont eat the last 3 hours of my day. For some reason, I don't get too many nights waking up hungry, and when I do-I just have a few sips of water, and tell my tummy to quiet down, before I go back to sleep haha. Even when I wake up hungry I don't usually have anything but coffee until about 7am.

My answer to your question isn't a good one-I'm too stubborn! Sorry!
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

@cmhubbard92 Great willpower!!!

My favourite is nuts. Preferably salted pistachios. I know nuts are high in calories but they are quick and easy. I figure the protein is a good choice to not get hungry. (Unfortunately the evenings are a challenging time for me and I go for the junk food . . . )
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    cossmoss15 wrote: »

@cmhubbard92 Great willpower!!!

My favourite is nuts. Preferably salted pistachios. I know nuts are high in calories but they are quick and easy. I figure the protein is a good choice to not get hungry. (Unfortunately the evenings are a challenging time for me and I go for the junk food . . . )

@cossmoss15 pistachios are so delicious, but I can't have them around! There are certain things that I will overdo it on, so I just keep them away. I may be at a point where I could handle it though. I bought milano cookies(which used to be a whole-bag experience) and I have only 5 since Saturday!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options

@HASWLRS I feel bad answering this way... but nothing... I eat my dinner between 2:30 and 3:30pm(I wake up at 2:30am), and may have desert around 4(small cup of ice cream or a snack like cheese and crackers) and I go to bed no later than 7. So I usually dont eat the last 3 hours of my day. For some reason, I don't get too many nights waking up hungry, and when I do-I just have a few sips of water, and tell my tummy to quiet down, before I go back to sleep haha. Even when I wake up hungry I don't usually have anything but coffee until about 7am.

My answer to your question isn't a good one-I'm too stubborn! Sorry!

I’m gonna go with the same thing, pretty much exactly except for the times.
    Since I have started intermittent fasting I only have the 8 hour window to eat. So I don’t have any food from 7:30-8pm until around Noon the next day. I wake up around 7am and I just have water and coffee all morning until I can eat.
    I guess the body just gets used to it, although it really was not a hard transition
This discussion has been closed.