SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble drinking water. I have NO trouble drinking coffee.... so I am swapping to herbal tea. This has worked for me in the past.

Anyone else have trouble drinking water?
  • corporatelawmom
    corporatelawmom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I am having trouble drinking water. I have NO trouble drinking coffee.... so I am swapping to herbal tea. This has worked for me in the past.

I have trouble drinking water when I'm at home. At work sitting at my desk, I make sure to drink a fair amount (my current goal is 128 oz / day). But at home, I'm up moving around, being mom, etc. and just forget to drink.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday:

KittyInBoots17
    PW: 217.8
    CW: 218.2

I freaking gained again. I've been under cals, I know it's water retention, but this is getting ridiculous. I have to do better than this. Not looking for pity but I feel like I'm letting down the team and I apologize. Hopefully this weight will drop by next weigh in.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Tea is an awesome solution that I also do, especially with colder weather coming. I use Mios and such for flavor as well. I need flavor!!! Haha!

Also - I dislike having to whiz all the time, In summer it's so hot it's not as much of a problem but once it's cool out I don't drink as much. It's just too annoying!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

I don’t really worry about it being straight water. My registered dietician said to worry more about fluids to keep hydrated. No sugary drinks or juices. I drink a combination of coffee, tea, nestea zero, Soda water, diet cranberry juice and of course plain old water. I do drink my coffee and tea black. He recommends 9 glasses of fluids a day. Some days I do tend to forget to hydrate.

I think I will go have a glass of water. 💦
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps 9/17 13,722
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    I found drinking water easy once I had my routine - cycle to work, drink 500 ml and take 500 ml to my desk, walk at lunch same again, cycle home, same again. I might miss the odd 500 ml or have an extra 500 ml though it is second nature now.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Back in the groove after 3 days off following a somewhat robust challenge at football moved my ribs around a bit. Just got to push through as football is tomorrow evening and I don't want to let the guys down. Cycled again tonight and managed 9 miles at 19.6mph in the middle so not all bad. MFP getting annoying and logging me out everytime I change page but what can I expect for free! Overall still a darn fine week and I'm going to go and give my wife a hug now :)

There seems a good deal of stress and/or tension bubbling under the surface - let it out folks, we are about as impartial as you are going to get!

I feel like I'm being pulled in 20 different directions right now, and not having any sense of peace of mind.....I think I have to step away from some things and just concentrate on my own well-being; otherwise, the path I might take would take me off of my health goals......
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    If you are not healthy @LaurieWrobo then you won't be much use to anyone else. I definitely needed to find a 'selfish' streak which is not my normal nature however if I don't I will be off doing things just to keep others happy rather than achieving my goals. To be fair I think it forced some people to think and act for themselves and it might have done them some good.
  • Beka3695
    Options
  • Beka3695
    Options
    GOOD MORNING CREW!!!

I am at work... been here over an hour. Came in early since I will be leaving at noon to go visit my daughter. WOO HOO today is my FRIDAY! She will be taking leave today and tomorrow, too. She is taking a test this am to see if she can rank up to Petty Officer. Fingers crossed! This would be nice now that Peanut is on the way. Second fingers crossed -- she has an ultrasound tomorrow. Maybe we will find out if Peanut is a boy or girl.

I will be skipping weigh in this week. I was supposed to pack my bathroom scale for consistency. Guess where it is at? At home... In my bathroom.

@boehle - I can still post weigh ins from my phone if that will help.

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday:

KittyInBoots17
    PW: 217.8
    CW: 218.2

I freaking gained again. I've been under cals, I know it's water retention, but this is getting ridiculous. I have to do better than this. Not looking for pity but I feel like I'm letting down the team and I apologize. Hopefully this weight will drop by next weigh in.

You are not letting anyone down.
    This is a journey for us all... not a sprint.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 - You enjoy your time with the family today/tomorrow.
    I have this all under control. I have been leaving my work computer at work.. well because I am a bit frustrated. I have never really tried to access the xls via phone.
  • ChoseMyChains
    ChoseMyChains Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    LovebyDraug
    Starting on 5/16: 254.2
    PW: 225.0
    9/19/2019 CW: 227.8 - I know why I had the gain this week and making the changes to correct this. I only went to the gym once since last Thursday and did not log a thing. Changes start today!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    More frustrations @boehle - let it out!!!!!
  • ngk2000
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday:
    PW: 253.0
    CW: 253.0

I at least managed to drop back down from last weekend's gain by today. I need to get motivated for some 'real weight loss' rather than bouncing up and down and getting nowhere. This upcoming week-I will stay on plan (every day) and achieve a loss!
  • ngk2000
    Options
    Steps 9/18: 23,477

Yesterday was squats, deadlifts and interval runs...today my legs are feeling beat. I did manage to get 30 minutes of easy elliptical before work and plan for some stretching and a short walk at lunch if the legs will cooperate. So far, on plan for Thursday.
    Cheers to everyone!
This discussion has been closed.