Options

Replies

• 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday

✅Track: Yes
    ✅Calories: Yes
    ✅Exercise: Yes- Jillian Michael's 30 day shred (27 min), 13 min bike ride, 50 minutes walking.

Comments
    So crazy. I felt like absolute crap in the morning and I didn't feel like running or doing my typical strength training workout. So I pulled out my old 30 Day Shred DVD and tried the first workout. It felt so easy! It felt good to realize how far I've come from. So after that workout I felt great the rest of the day. I was really surprised because I had really not been feeling well at all.

Today is Saturday and I ran 13.1 miles this morning! I'm so happy. I'll write more about it in my Saturday post later.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    143tobe
    Weigh in Sept week 3
    Saturday

PW: 140.8
    CW: 141.4

I gained! I have remained within my calorie limits but I have been increasing my carbs. I think the weight gain is due to the larger glycogen stores in my muscles, which also hold more water. I was sure I'd be posting a loss today. Just yesterday all three of my jeans were fitting me better and my waist felt tiny! Oh well, can't win em all.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    rdgvpiojl9ck.jpg
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Vicky2767
    Sat
    Week 3?
    PW 177.1
    CW 180.3

Be strong and stay focus. YOU GOT THIS!

cmkvrhtl4ct2.png
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    @o0kody0o Member
    September 20, 2019 9:04PM
    🌟Daily Post: Friday, 20 September

My OH and I had one slice each and my parents had a couple of slices. I think I done ok for my first attempt at baking anything 😋 Thankfully I stuck to one slice!
    7qgwyoeaui2t.jpeg

[/quote]

Hmmm looks. . .DELISH!
    awsv1e8g842a.png
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    143tobe
    Weigh in Sept week 3
    Saturday

PW: 140.8
    CW: 141.4

I gained! I have remained within my calorie limits but I have been increasing my carbs. I think the weight gain is due to the larger glycogen stores in my muscles, which also hold more water. I was sure I'd be posting a loss today. Just yesterday all three of my jeans were fitting me better and my waist felt tiny! Oh well, can't win em all.

56d06x9q9v3v.png

Is the KEY DON'T GIVE UP & SEE YOU HAVE A NOM-SCALE VICTORY which tells you that you're on the right path. KUDOS!
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Username: walk4today
    September week 3
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW 242.5
    CW 241.7
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,787 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 220
    Current weight: 220
  • 143tobe
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday

✅Track: Yes
    ✅Calories: Yes
    ✅Exercise: Yes- Ran 13.1 miles!! 2:26 Yay!

Comments

It's been a weird week. I've had days of feeling amazing, to days of feeling so unwell. This morning I woke up with another headache which left me feeling stressed about the long run I had planned. I wasn't feeling confident and started my run two hours later than I normally do. I was totally dragging my feet. Today I really wanted to actually go a full 13.1 miles before my half marathon in less than 2 weeks. I wanted to go the full distance to see how I could expect the full run to go, but when I set out this morning I wasn't sure if I'd even be able to go 3 miles. I just told myself, go slow, you have nothing to prove here, you've done the work. if your body says no, it's not big deal. Maybe you can try again tomorrow. Just go slow and steady for as long as you can. I had my husband at home on standby waiting for a phone call in case he had to pick me up somewhere. Well... I did it. The whole 13.1 miles. Although I started slow and steady, I actually beat my previous fastest half marathon time (which was three years ago) and have a new personal best! (By seconds, haha) So what did I do when I got home? Ate about 1000 calories and took a bath. Yes, I was even eating while in the bath. No, I wasn't famished, but I wanted those calories spent while my metabolism was still en fuego.

I really do want to lose more weight, but when training for half marathons cutting too many calories won't give you the best performance. I've been playing around with increasing my carbs and intermittent fasting this month. I have to say, other than those weird headaches, I feel like my runs have been better this month than they ever have been. I think the new changes have been pretty beneficial. I just hope the scale is kinder to me next week.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    @gjaholy33 thank you Gloria 🤗

🌟Daily Post: Saturday, 21 September

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hour walking - fast paced
    💬Comments: I remembered a cake we used to get in school and we’d have it with custard, so I attempted to make it earlier. It actually turned out pretty good. We had some with custard and a cup of tea which was lovely. Here’s the end results:
    i0jtqt7z0v4u.jpeg

Hope you’re all having a great weekend team 🤗
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    LiveLaughLove1969
    Weigh Day: Friday
    Week 3
    PW: 182.8
    CW: 181.8

Sorry hope not to late
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 20th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,578 steps

Daily Post: September 21st

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 11,600 steps

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post: September 17th

Calories under goal: No
    Exercise: 10,495 steps

I went over my calories on purpose yesterday. I am going to try to vary my calories to jostle my metabolism a little. I am going to TRY to stay well under today.

@CindyJNC1963 Have you thought about giving intermittent fasting a try, it can really help get through plateaus, and it can be simple like only eating in an 8 hour window each day or even something like 5:2, where you cut your calories way down on 2 days...just wondering if you were at the point yet where you might want to push through and try something drastically different to jostle your metabolism..there is a loooooot of research that suggest intermittent fasting is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your body, metabolism and mind, and I'll say that the days that I get it right, I feel the best.

While I respect and admire people who can fast, there is just no way I could do it....not yet anyway.

• tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In: Monday
    Week 3
    PW: 286.2
    CW: 287.0
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post

Friday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 190oz
    Goals/comments still trying to get my water in it's a struggle since I have no money for the flavor without sugar or any artificial chemicals

Saturday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise not really
    Water 162oz
    Goals/comments had my cheat comfort food meal today home fries with scrambled eggs with herbal seasoning and BBQ SAUCE
  • 143tobe
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    @gjaholy33 thank you Gloria 🤗

🌟Daily Post: Saturday, 21 September

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hour walking - fast paced
    💬Comments: I remembered a cake we used to get in school and we’d have it with custard, so I attempted to make it earlier. It actually turned out pretty good. We had some with custard and a cup of tea which was lovely. Here’s the end results:
    i0jtqt7z0v4u.jpeg

Hope you’re all having a great weekend team 🤗

You're trying to kill me, aren't you? B) YUMMMMMMO!!!
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    mthomas0228

September Week 3 (Saturday)

PW: 152.8
    CW: 152.6
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Batgirl140
    Weigh in sept week 3
    Friday weigh in

PW: 201.4
    CW: 203.4

Not good.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Saturday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Calories we under, but more than I usually eat (had a mini binge) Haven't done that for a while. Talk about guilt after..
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Batgirl140
    Weigh in sept week 3
    Friday weigh in

PW: 201.4
    CW: 203.4

Not good.

@batgirl140 I am in that boat too, however much worse than that, hang in there, you'll be back down under 200 in no time, you got this.
This discussion has been closed.