• jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Username: jedaschultz
    Week: 4
    Weight in day: Monday
    Previous weight:203
    Current weight: 204.2

Up this week but I was away at a women's retreat for four days. All in all I'll take the slight increase, I'm already back on track.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEEK 4 MOD CHALLENGE
    HOW OLD WOULD YOU BE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW HOW OLD YOU ARE?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10765758/week-4-mod-challenge-how-old/p1?new=1
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557

Checking in
    I treated myself by going out to dinner with my friend and former neighbor. I could have eaten a little less, but it was really healthy. High protein, high fiber, low fat, and delicious.

I am very proud of the stained deck floor boards, but still have a lot of work to finish with the railing. My friend is coming tomorrow to help, Yeah!

This group has amazing exercise goals. Bike ride for 20 miles, triathlons, half marathons, hour walks; all of you inspire me. I need to find something special. I love zumba, but my knees and feet are not healthy enough to twist and turn. Zumba always made my heart sing,
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Daily check in

I didn't have breakfast beyond coffee and a serving of canned peaches. Wasn't feeling too awesome because TOM.

Had a big healthy lunch. Protein Brussels sprouts, and half a plain baked potato.

Now I'm withstanding cravings to snack because I've budgeted 2 slices of pizza after caleb's football practice, and it fits even without exercise, but I'm going for a walk after I drop him off.

I found a ballet workout yesterday on you tube, and while I know one day doesn't make a big change, today i feel skinnier and stronger so I'm riding the illusion till it becomes reality.

Rock your Monday!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,076 Member
    Options
    I ordered some Leslie Sansone videos over the weekend. I really like her videos. I came home from work and did a 21df video and a Leslie Sansone video. I have my exercise planned for the week. I'm going to try to go back to planning my meals the night before, I was aggravated this morning because it was taking me so long to get ready. I did make healthy choices but didn't have time to do my hair, lol. Not sure what weight loss will look like this week because it's Tom week but I'm praying. This scale needs to stop going up, I can't take it.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Great day today! I will tell you all about it tomorrow. Actually, not too exciting but got a lot accomplished and stuck to my plan. Tomorrow PT and back to PA...Fitting for the dress for the wedding on Wednesday morning...I love the shore but I will be happy to be done with PT so I am not back and forth all the time. I guess summer is officially over on the calendar and in my head Lol!

Check out the moderator's challenge. Pretty cool. I need to think that one over. I am 53 and usually feel younger but I have to admit this hip is making me feel old.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!

@Cafelelia Another good day under your belt! I love your self care idea. It is always nice to have some me time, especially when you have active kids! It is important!
    @amsandos You are right, you still can hit your fitness goals for the year. What can we do to help you get to your goals? When you are focused, you do great. I know you get busy and can't check in but how about a quick checkin each night before you go to bed. Just to keep you accountable. I am glad you signed up for the half marathon. When you have something to work towards you kick butt, especially with your workouts. You really can do this!
    @jedaschultz Glad that you are already back on track after your retreat. How is everything else going? Is your family still trying to get healthy as well? They can be a great support but if they have lost interest, give yourself a pat on the back that you are still trying.
    @Barbb1557 It's nice that you are able to go out to lunches and dinners and choose the healthy options. You can still go out and stay on plan. This seems like a good time of year to stain the deck, I am glad you will have some help tomorrow as that sounds like a big job. You are doing great working out. Haven't you seen a big improvement since you started with your trainer? Just keep trying to do a little better than yourself. You are doing great!
    @GingerPwr Protein brussel sprouts? That sounds good, I love brussel sprouts! Sounds like you are having a great day in spite of your TOM. Keep riding that wave with the ballet video, you are doing fabulous! You are another one who really kicks some butt when you put your mind to it!
    @ljdanny It sounds like you are set up for a successful week! You can do this. If you stick to your plan and your weight is up, remember it is only your TOM and you will have a drop the following week. I haven't done a Leslie video since the spring. I love her too! I am afraid to with this hip, walking is really the only thing that seems to bother it. She got me through the winter so I need to talk to my PT about it. This is going to be a great week for you, I can tell already! I am also impressed you took the time to make your healthy lunch even though you sacrificed your hair. Give yourself a pat on the back. Those little kids can't tell anyway ;)
    @lennoncpa I am glad you are home safely. What a fun trip! It would be fun next time to extend it a bit so it is worth all that driving. You do line dancing too right? Did you ever hear of the line dance Git Up? My son's fiance's Mom wants me to learn it for the wedding. It looks hard. She never said anything to me, just two of my friends. Ugh! It probably would be fun if there was no pressure. Lol!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    6lp990f201oi.jpeg
    Tuesday's Weigh In
    @Phoebe112476
    Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @Barbb1557
    @GingerPwr
    Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @Ljdanny
    @Nstephenson01
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    I hope to catch up tomorrow. Sweet dreams everyone!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Was a mixed bag of good and bad decisions this weekend. As much as I like Phit N Phat, the -2 +2 is too abstract for me. I've been reading the Beck Diet Solution off and on that Cyndie often recommends and in it the author writes about how if you can't easily take a moderate to brisk walk after a meal, it means you’ve eaten too much. Now THAT I can relate to!

I love fall in Montana but its about to be way too short... below freezing temps and snow is in the forecast. Super busy getting things ready for the cold weather and have appointments this week to have the sprinklers winterized and the wood stove cleaned.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    check in for Monday
    Food: IF on track
    Water: good
    Exercise: C25K, plank challenge
    Steps: 9,794

Didn't do much activity over the weekend and ate more carbs (still 16/8 IF). The scale showed it today - 4lbs up :(
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    check in monday

food over but in weight loss zone
    water ok but need to drink more when in class
    exercise rest day but hit 10k step goal (according to tracker) I was on the motorway so take that reading with a pinch of salt.
    sleep 9 hours according to tracker.

I am going to do a diary entry for when I eat detailing when, what how I am thinking and feeeling.

thanks to @sleepymom5 for the encouragement. it is in my head there is not a lot anyone can do for me I have to do it for myself.

inspired by @mrsbell8well I have done myself a star chart so that I can reward myself for every pound lost.
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557
    Checking in

Woke up at 2:30, but was asleep by 8:00, so I am up for the day. I am loving my new coffee creamer concoction. 2.5 Tbsp fat free half and half and 2 Tbsp of a fat free creamer. Huge sugar and carb reduction for me. I am not a fan of sugar free creamers

How old do I feel? I was in the best shape of my life at 52. I would say mid-fifties, I just turned 62. This weight loss journey with all of you is helping me in so many ways. Thanks to all of you!

@amytriesww, Wow, that waffle looks amazing! Would you be able to share the whole recipe?
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM
    WHEN I GET BACK TODAY FROM GETTING MY NEW PROSTHETIC TODAY I AM GOING TO OPEN REGISTRATION FOR OCTOBER. I DON'T WANT TO USE ANY HOLLYWOOD MEME OR JPEG. I WOULD LIKE TO USE SOME OF THE GROUPS PHOTOS. REAL PEOPLE LOSING REAL WEIGHT. IF YOU WOULD PREFER ME NOT USING YOU LET ME KNOW.
    MY INTENT HERE IS TO SHOW OFF OUR GROUP AND CONNECT THE NEW MEMBERS WITH REAL PEOPLE. NOT SOME CRAP I PULLED OF THE WORLD WIDE WEB.
    I WON'T POST ANYTHING UNTIL TOMORROW MORNING JUST SO YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO SAY YEA OR NAY.
    THANKS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE OUR GROUP BIGGER BETTER BADDER
    GREG
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Phoebe112476
    Tuesday
    Week 4
    PW: 160.9
    CW: 161.3
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 it’s funny because I actually learned a pretty cool clogging dance to Git Up this last weekend and the steps are very similar to the line dance for Git Up. It’s a very fun dance😀
  • amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @Barbb1557 Of course! It's super easy and all the ingredients you can buy at the store.

1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Dark Chocolate Waffle Mix
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup Fage 0% nonfat greek yogurt
    1 tbsp sugar free fat free vanilla pudding mix powder
    3 tbsp Cary's sugar free syrup

Mix waffle mix and water together and pour in your waffle maker (or you could make it a pancake in a regular pan). While that's cooking, mix together the greek yogurt and pudding mix powder. (I don't like plain yogurt, so the pudding powder gives it flavor and thickens it a little and it tastes so indulgent!) Then, put the mixed yogurt on top, along with the syrup.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in:

Food - pretty darn good
    Water - great
    Exercise - plenty but my fit bit died just after noon (I forgot to charge it Sunday night)

Packed 3 boxes last night - I'm working in the basement and hubs is working in our living room. We've decided to do the move ourselves...we're going to rent two storage units a couple of miles from where we are moving to and start moving things over likely this weekend. I talked to our mechanic (hubs high school buddy) and he's looking for a cheap truck for us or I'll get a hitch on my SUV. FIL has a trailer we can borrow. We are going to save SO MUCH MONEY! Which will be put back into our little home in the country!

Self-care for me is ensuring I drink enough water, get enough sleep and keep the stress down. I'm a planner by nature as it helps to control stress :)

@sleepymom5 - closing is October 22nd, so we still have plenty of time. I will likely take a break next month from our group but back in November. I still haven't figured out a good internet source except our cellular hotspot. That's likely what I will need to do.

@lennoncpa - I love the smokey mountains! We used to go to Pigeon Forge TN and hit Dollywood - my parents loved it there! Glad you had a fun time

@nstephenson01 - not snow! Don't say that!! I really hope this will be a nice winter...we've had quite a few bad ones the last few years.

Hope everyone has a successful day!!!
This discussion has been closed.