Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I have clothes in my closet ( many still with tags on them ) from size 14 to size 26/28 , 3x and 4x....I have gotten rid of so many clothes thru the years, I could dress entire families....then I would have to replace them....maybe there used to be less heavy people when it was more difficult to buy nice bigger clothing that fits...you couldn’t gain weight or you would have nothing to wear....now try to get that image out of your head lol
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I used to make my own clothes when I was younger as I could never find anything to wear, and I wasn't as big as I am now so I think you make a good point.
  • jafinnearty
    jafinnearty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV: My belly is now below (though barely) the edge of the bathtub when I take a bath! It's been a long time, but it was exciting to notice it last night!
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    NSV for this morning: With deliberation and consideration, decided that my "normal" breakfast of milk and cereal was perfectly fine for starting my day and that eating breakfast at the company cafeteria was not the calorie choice I wanted because I didn't need it and know that on Saturday I will be hosting a large Oktoberfest party with my husband - which is where I need to budget / plan for calories.

Hand-in-hand with this decision was the re-commitment to walking to my PT appointment and not driving, even though it would be easier, even though I had on cute sandals and I would now have to carry into the office my tennis shoes and socks......here I go - walking to that appointment!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    merph518 that is great and you look amazing...I saw your “ before” picture with your daughter at the zoo I think ...it was in an older post....I have been reading a lot of past posts....your transformation is like a cocoon becoming a butterfly!...and you look so happy and proud of yourself....I wish I could give you a hug lol
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @merph518 .. congratulations! Your grin says it all!😁
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    @merph518 Way to nail it! Go you! As @conniewilkins56 mentioned above, "you look so happy and proud of yourself"! Hugs to you!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Nice work @merph518.

I had one yesterday. For the first time ever someone thought that I had to be getting close to goal. I am still a fair distance away but it was nice mistake for someone to make. From the chest up I look much different than the waste down which I keep covered with my tent-like shirts.

I think my true size is 2xl which is pretty amazing to me too. I have some 3xls that I have refused to wear because they don't cover my belly area well enough but they may be necessary post-op because of the swelling.

Wife hates the tents but I wore one that didn't quite cover last Friday and I caught 4 different people doing double-takes and staring down there. One whispered to a friend who also checked me out. I look terrible in the tents. I look terrible without the tents plus people stare... I will stick to the tents.
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Nice one @merph518 you're determination is paying off :)

That's a really nice NSV @NovusDies :) My fat loss is from random area's and symmetry isn't a thing which surprises me. My belly frustrates me but a curious one is below my knee and just above my shin - a hand sized squishy fat ball that so far has refused to budge. Makes it impossible to wear the correct size trousers and leggings just highlight the weirdness of my leg. And people stare!! My husband is very comfortable politely asking people if they've bought a ticket haha
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Those are nice NSV’s.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Okay this is an odd nsv, but I thought if any of my groups would get it, it’s you all. I have bones in my hands and a bit of a collarbone. As in I can see them now. Also, I need a new shoes because mine are now too big.

Of course I wish my belly would go, but I’ll take it.

You would guess correctly that this group would get it. Good for you... and I hope new shoes are not too expensive.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    I have one too that this group will get.....I clipped my toenails without huffing and puffing...I did not have to perform contortionist acts to do this!

I haven't tried this yet. Pedicures were on my "be kind to myself" list so I would not have to face that challenge for a time while losing. I suppose next time I should do it myself.

My toenail related NSV though is that the chair I sit in to get the pedicure was horribly uncomfortable initially. I almost wondered if it was less kind to myself for awhile. It is not great yet but much more doable.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Lol....I usually get pedicures too but I stubbed my toe last night and broke my toenail so I thought I should clip it...I went ahead and did the rest of them and saved a little money until next week!