WEIGHT NO MORE - OCTOBER CHAT

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
edited September 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME TO WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT ROOM
This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the OCTOBER Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the OCTOBER Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (GROUP OWNER)
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @teresaW1020
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
Team WaistAways - @terytha and @jugar
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Team WaistAways - @evangsimmons170
Team Shrinking Assets - open

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for OCTOBER. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Pam. I am one of the team's co captain along with @Cafelelia . Our team motivators are @mrsbell8well and @nstephenson01 I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia. During the summer I was mostly at the Jersey Shore. I have been married 28 years and have 5 children 27-19. I am a nurse but sorta retired at the moment. I also am in PT for gluteus minimus and medius tears.

My story in a nutshell...I was never overweight, although I always thought I was fat growing up. I gained A TON of weight with my pregnancies and ended up at 221 lbs. Unfortunately that ended up being my heaviest even when I wasn't pregnant . At the end June of 2012 I decided I either had to get serious and lose weight or accept that I am obese and live my life. I got a fitbit and joined MFP on July 1, 2012. Since then, I have gained and lost 30 or more pounds a few times. I have never gotten back to that starting weight but have gotten close. Although I haven't been as successful with my weight loss as I would like, I have learned a lot. I eat so much healthier than I used to. I also am in good physical shape, I love to hike, walk, kayak and bike. Actually anything outdoors I usually enjoy. I do have a home gym in PA which has a bike, treadmill, elliptical, weights and a few other things.This winter I discovered the Leslie Sansone tapes which I also enjoy. I want to enjoy exercising and not have it be a chore. I am always looking for fun, new workouts.
    As far as eating, that is where I struggle. I do eat healthy for the most part but I am now figuring out that I am eating too much. I am working on not eating unless I am hungry and to stop eating when I am satisfied. I listen to the Phit and Phat podcasts daily. The things they talk about really have hit home with me. Especially making small, doable changes. I have done so many restrictive diets and crazy exercise regimes and lost weight only to gain it all back when I just couldn't keep it up anymore. This time I am not making any changes that I am not willing to continue my whole life. It is really a lifestyle change. I totally get that now. The weight is coming off slower than I would like but it is coming off and that is what is important.
    This team is more than just weighing in weekly. Checking in daily really helps keep me focused. I also learn a lot from everyone and also get support when I really need it. I was in a terrible slump most of 2018 and this team pulled me out and put me on a good path. The information that changed my thinking was from reading everyone else's successes and struggles. If I wasn't on this team, I wouldn't be where I am now. The summer wasn't the best for me and my weight creeped up a bit. I did get down a little in September and looking forward to getting more of it off in October. Let's have a great month everyone!!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    ztghtbdvijvc.jpeg

I ask that you please check in daily or more if you please. But minimally daily. Many of us here check in with the following format.

Check in for: Thursday
    Logged food: yes, on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Steps or exercise: 10000 and 30 minutes of yoga

You can check in daily however you want really, just as long as your check in. most check in for the day before. kind of like a report. so today is sunday, my daily check in will be for what i accomplished yesterday.

So come on in and introduce yourselves. Tell us a little about yourselves and what your goals are. Lets get healthy together, "One day at a Time" Oh yea, and feel free to visit last months thread and read thru it if you'd like, it will give you a little feel of who we are. And please star this in your favorites so it is easy to get too.

Now, our way to weigh in on weigh in day:

User ID: Sleepymom5
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 201.8
    Current weight: 201.2

Please be sure to weigh in promptly. But if you can't and something comes up, just don't ignore it. Come here and explain and we will get you excused from the weigh in.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    prkdhm5fy2mg.jpeg

Let's set some goals for October!

When making your goals, you may want to follow the guidelines for the SMART goals-
    Specific.
    Measurable.
    Attainable.
    Relevant.
    Time Bound.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    0arpef5ozvc7.png
    WELCOME TO THE THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE

IF YOU ALL HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE YOU ALL KNOW WHO I AM AND WHAT I AM ALL ABOUT. SO THERE IS NO NEED FOR ME TO REPEAT MYSELF.

MANY OF YOU MAY NOT KNOW, BUT I HAVE BEEN HANDED OVER THE OWNERSHIP OF THIS CHALLENGE BY IT'S FOUNDER @mari_moulin.. MY INTENTION IS TO MAKE THIS CHALLENGE AS A WHOLE AND EACH TEAM THE VERY BEST THEY CAN BE WITH GREAT LEADERSHIP AND A ACTIVELY INVOLVED TEAM.

AS A TEAM/GROUP WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SOME WEEKLY/ MONTHLY CHALLENGES. AS ALWAYS THEY ARE COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. HOWEVER THE MORE YOU ARE IN THEM THE MORE YOU GET MOTIVATED TO MEET THE GOALS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY.

NOW LETS GET OUT THERE AND LOSE SOME WIGHT,GET HEALTHIER, AND HAVE SOME FUN WHILE DOING IT.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Lisa and am co-captain with the wonderful @sleepymom5. I am from Toronto, Canada, have been with my husband for 20 years and we have two active boys ages 13 and 9. I have been dealing with an injury to my right leg (sciatica) this year, had a reinjury this summer and am once again on my way to recovery with physio & a fitness plan. I am a weight fluctuator, and my weight started to come on in my 30s with a busy career, then having kids. My goal is to lose this weight for the last time and am about 20 lbs to goal. I am a distance runner, but have been sidelined due to my injury, so I am learning to love my stationary bike and weight training. My long term goal is to return to running in the spring of 2020. I am a recent convert to intermittent fasting too!

Welcome new team members @KatAdele and @tryingagain5! Jump on and tell us a bit about yourselves! Also welcome back to all returning team members! Pam has laid out all of the details above. The daily check in and weekly weigh work really well for accountability, even when you don’t feel like it! Also feel free to share on your posts beyond the check ins. We are a supportive bunch & I have learned so much from the team!

My October goals: Lose 4 lbs, practice intermittent fasting daily (14:10, 12:12 on weekends), log all food daily, work out according to my plan 4 or 5 times per week, and not reinjure my leg!

Here’s to a great October!!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    bezhm1ot3r36.jpeg

Sunday's Weigh Ins
    @amytriesww
    @twyla77
    Monday's Weigh Ins
    @Amsandos
    @jedaschultz
    Tuesday's Weigh Ins
    @Phoebe112476
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Happy October my friends!
    Thanks so much for all the support! This team has helped me to lose over 60 pounds. It’s wonderful to be at goal weight. I have mixed feelings about leaving this team but for October my life is so exciting with lots to do. I have been honored to be team motivator for over a year. I am stepping down from that role. I will be checking back in from time to time and will definitely post when my blog is up and running.
    If I can do this anyone can. I wish each and everyone of you great success in your health and life goals.
    The SMART plan listed is exactly what I used to hit my goals.
    I will leave you all with one last recipe link for now.
    The tres leche cake was incredible! I served it with a dollop of vegan whip cream topped with an organic strawberry.
    llpgnop9krd5.png
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    WEEK 4 FOR THE
    2hmaykleebnd.jpg
    WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP
    IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT SHOOK OUT

r7ic1q0jva3k.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.53%
    INDIVIDUAL % @Katmary71 5.70%
    TEAM LBS LOST Mission Slimpossibles 21.6
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @Katmary71 7.8

AS A WHOLE WE LOST21.2 POUNDS OR 0.09% !!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.53%
    2nd WaistAways 0.15%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.08%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 21.6
    2nd WaistAways 5.3
    3rd Shrinking Assets 3.3

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Katmary71 5.70%
    2nd @raleighgirl09 2.06%
    3rd @mrshadsall 1.69%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @Katmary71 7.8
    2nd @raleighgirl09 4.3
    3rd @mrshadsall 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Luciicul
    @Barbb1557
    @amytriesww
    @LovebyDraug69
    @LonniJay
    @hinemoa2088
    @171Lake
    @vikster1111
    @kdv12
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GRAND FINALE FOR THE
    2hmaykleebnd.jpg
    WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP
    IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT SHOOK OUT

thibr0uuomzw.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 166.8 POUNDS OR 0.69% !!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Workout Warriors 1.00%
    INDIVIDUAL % @buniphuphu 6.18%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 44.7
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @buniphuphu 16.2

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Workout Warriors 1.00%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.72%
    2nd Weight No More 0.72%
    3rd Trimstones 0.70%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Workout Warriors 44.7
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 29.2
    3rd Weight No More 28.8

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @buniphuphu 6.18%
    2nd @amytriesww 6.01%
    3rd @Katmary71 5.15%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @buniphuphu 16.2
    2nd @amytriesww 14.8
    3rd @TheMrWobbly 9.5

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @cafelelia
    @Luciicul
    @kdv12
    @TheMrWobbly
    @SLIMN2016
    @Mulecanter
    @raleighgirl09
    @megnolia82
    @LiveLaughLove1969

• sleepymom5
    Options
    Not much of a check in. Not the best day yesterday. Did well all day but was very hungry before my 3 hour drive home at 8pm. Ended up driving through McDonalds and eating halo top when I got home too. Poor planning on my part. I was tired and hungry and if I planned, it would have taken away the option of me having to choose what to do. I would been prepared and wouldn't have had to make choices when I was tired and hungry. I don't know why I can't get through my head how important planning is. I think that I do plan a lot but just not consistent enough. Interestingly, usually when I am busy or don't know what is in store for the day is when I don't plan and that is exactly the times I need to plan. Oh well....Today is a new day/week/almost month. I will keep moving on....
    Today I have some things to do here but then back to the shore. It is going to be a busy week back and forth and then I will be leaving Saturday for Denver. It is the last week of PT down at the shore too, Tuesday and Thursday. I have an appointment with the sports therapy doctor when I am home from vacation. I also would like to get the house as packed up as possible and bring my clothes and things home. We will see how it goes. I may have to just go back a day or two after vacation.

@KatAdele I think you will be a good match! Please check in often, it is a great way to get to know the other team mates and to be accountable. It is nice to have you here!
    @Mrsbell8well We are sorry to see you go! Keep in touch!
    @Barbb1557 Wow! Look how far you have come! Those festivals are fun but there are always so many temptations! What an accomplishment to be able to go and enjoy AND stay on plan PLUS get all that walking in! You really are making this part of your life style.
    @Carlsoda We will miss you checking in daily this month but are super excited about your move! Good luck with everything! Wish I lived closer to help you out. I still can't get over how quickly everything came about! Hugs!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,190 Member
    Options
  • sleepymom5
    edited September 2019
    Options
    qbnozqtco7gm.jpeg

A little more team business-

Welcome to our newest team members @KatAdele and @tryingagain5! Looking forward to getting to know both of you!

This month we are sad to see @Mrsbell8well leave the team but are happy for all the time she spent cheering us on! Good luck in all your future endeavors!

We are going to need another Team Motivator-anyone interested?

If anyone else is having trouble coming up with your October goals, don't forget the four circle method we have talked about in the past. This should help with monthly goals if you are having difficulty with setting your goals this month. I would love to post a pic but I can't find any Lol! Basically, draw 4 circles on a piece of paper.
    The first is your realistic long term goal. Maybe where you want to be in a year? Or maybe where you want to be in 3 or 4 months, it is up to you. Just make it something that can actually be done. The next circle is where you need to be at the end of this month to make that goal a reality. The third circle is what you need to do this week to get to those goals and the final circle is what you need to do daily. I like doing goals this way because you really have to think about how you are going to reach these goals. You aren't just blurting out a goal without thinking it all through. That being said, I have to still do mine Lol! :D I am looking forward to seeing what everyone's goals are AND being able to support and encourage all of you to meet those goals.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    bpnnwitjf7ad.jpeg

We had an awesome September!

Team Weight No More came in 2nd place for percentage lost and 3rd place for pounds lost for the entire month of September! Wtg!

We also had a few stand outs in our team for the month- @amytriesww came in second place overall for both the pounds lost and percentage lost in September against the entire challenge! Wtg Amy!! Our co-captain @Cafelelia also got an honorable mention! Wtg Lisa!

As far as team Weight No More for the month- @amytriesww @Cafelelia and @McKay85 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place! Awesome job ladies!!

We can't ignore the 4th week of September with all the hoopla surrounding the end of the month! @Barbb1557 and @amytriesww got an honorable mention for the entire challenge. For our team our 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners are @Barbb1557, @Cafelelia and @timibotkin

Time to have an equally, if not more impressive October!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Welcome @KatAdele and @tryingagain5 as well as all our returnees!!

I'm Nancy, 50, and live in Montana with my husband and our 2 Brittany Spaniels. My husband works on long term construction projects that take him away from home for extended periods of time. I spend much of my time home alone doing chores that come with living in the boonies or traveling to wherever he might be working. He's been working in Pennsylvania since April and we were within days of him being able to come home when he was asked to work on a project in South Dakota. As of this morning he left PA and is on the road to SD. (Prayers, good vibes, whatever you feel comfortable with, for safe travels would be much appreciated.) I've been a member of this team for 2 years and have lost almost 55 pounds. Coming here everyday not only helps keep me accountable but I also learn so much from everyone on this team. I might be one of Team Weight No More's motivators but its everyone's posts sharing your struggles, successes and light-bulb moments among other things that provide the real motivation and inspiration. We are very lucky to have @sleepymom5 & @Cafelelia as team captains who do so much to support us on this journey! Thanks Pam and Lisa for all you do!!

My weight gain began slowly with the pounds creeping on due to a desk job and long commute but didn't get really out of hand until my mother passed away around the time my husband and I relocated to Montana. My support tribe of family and friends were all back in California and my husband was working in West Virginia at the time. Grief, loneliness and depression set in and I topped out at 220.5 around Jan 2017 before the light went on in my head that I needed to live my life differently. My weight loss journey has been painstakingly slow but the weight that I have lost has remained off. I've lost weight in the past by dieting only to gain it all back and more. This time I changed my lifestyle and have only incorporated changes I am willing to live with for the rest of my life. My goal is to get to around 158 - 160 which will give me a little wiggle room for bad behavior LOL so I have another 6 - 8 pounds left to lose to reach goal.

I use a Fitbit to track my steps and my favorite activity is hiking with my two dogs. I recently began taking yoga classes again following a long absence. During the winter when I can't get out as much, I exercise to JessicaSmithTV strength training videos and Leslie Sansone walking videos. My husband gave me a Bowflex Max Trainer last Christmas which is another way I exercise during the winter. (I hopped on it the other day after not doing it all summer and it darn near killed me LOL)

Wishing everyone much success in your weight loss journey!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Was a busy week of winter prep chores and haven't checked in for a few days. Finished stacking our winter firewood supply in our wood shed, had the sprinklers winterized and the wood stove/stove pipe cleaned which we do annually to prevent creosote buildup and a possible problem. They've been hyping a big storm for days and I thought we would be spared but no... it is actually SNOWING!!! In September?!?! Its very uncommon for us to get this much snow so early. We had 3 days of beautiful fall weather. I usually have house-guests this time of year... thank god they're not here during this storm! Its a good day to make a pot of my favorite spicy Southwestern Chicken soup and watch football by the fire. Exercise will be shoveling snow... yuck!

Goals for October:
    Lose 5 pounds
    Pre-log and eat as planned
    Continue the self care challenge of establishing a consistent sleep schedule
    Continue making 2-3 vegetarian dinners/week
    Tinker with IF. I jumped in doing 16:8 and failed. Going to try 14:10.

Good October goals @Cafelelia!! I especially like your IF goals with the weekend modification.
    Let's do this!!

Kudos to you @KatAdele on not letting too many pounds creep on before taking notice and making changes! Welcome to Team Weight No More!!

@Mrsbell8well You sure know how to live well. I have really benefited from your journey while on our team and the experience of "knowing" you has made me wiser! Please do keep in touch and I'm looking forward to your blog. Hugs to you and Molly! Good luck with all your future endeavors!

@Barbb1557 You have come so far in such a short amount of time! Our apple festival is next weekend. Great job avoiding all the temptations!

@carlsoda Best of luck with the move and please check in when you can! I'll miss you!! (Don't you have a daughter that lives in your basement? Is she moving or staying in the basement ;)...?)

@sleepymom5 Oh Pam.. I am so right there with you. I'm great at planning but if I get overly hungry, or tired, the plan goes out the window! One of my goals this week is, in addition to planning, actually prep some healthy food so when I get off track I have something to grab on the go. I hope the sports therapy doctor can give you some answers! Hugs friend!

Make it a great October team!!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 and @Cafelia
    Hi Pam and Lisa
    I was told to add you both to my friend list but I don't know how to do that. I looked it up on the FAQ section but it didn't take me where it said it should.

Could one of you explain how to do that?

Thanks
    Linda
This discussion has been closed.