WEIGHT NO MORE - OCTOBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @Pacsnc6 - Recorded your weight on the spreadsheet and fyi that your pw was 163.8. Checked the September thread too and that is the number that you gave us for the last Sept. week. Still, a great loss, congrats!
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557
    Checking in

Yesterday was on track for food but I was really hungry at lunch time and ate a lot. I ended up eating a cucumber and Tbsp of humus for dinner. I had my pre-diabetes meeting last night which is asking us to track Calories and fat, and devote 30 minutes a day to brisk walking or other forms of exercise 5 out of 7 days a week. It is doable but I have a real block about starting cardio again.
    The easy answer is just do it. I will feel better, my knee and back will hurt, but it will adjust. The more I combine exercise and conscious eating I will lose weight and there will be less strain on my knees and back. So what am I waiting for? I don't know.

@amytriesww A big hug to you. You are doing everything you can for your daughter and you are a great caring mom. Try to reduce your stress with things that are good for you. Wishing the best for you and your family

@cafelelia Awesome job compiling our challenges and struggles.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @cafelelia
    Thanks for the correction. I was doing my check in from memory - need improvement there too! - I just looked at my records and was coming back here to correct it myself. Yes it is a nice drop on the scale. Hope to see another drop in a few days as my annual checkup is next week.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Sleepymom5
    Friday
    Week1
    PW 201.2
    CW 201.2
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    Food - didn't log but on track
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - none. Just a lot of running around
    Steps-6254

I am actually relieved my weight stayed the same for this week. I had a few bad days so I was afraid it would actually be a gain. Today I have so much to do to get ready for my trip. I am going to exercise right away so I have it done. I am going to have to be good on my trip. I know I am going to drink daily and I need to follow my 3 drink plan. I also know that I am going to have to not indulge too much when I am away. I need to order the healthiest item on the menu AND eating to satisfied is going to be key. I will not bring anything to eat with me so there will be no snacking. I am bringing my water bottle with me. I always forget until I am in the airport and people are filling their water bottles up. I also don't know what I will be doing besides walking for exercise. We usually do a ton of walking on vacation but I am not sure with this hip. I am thinking I am going to try with the walking, we can always Uber back. So that is my loose plan. I am not expecting to lose but would like to maintain. I will check in when I can but I am so bad with commenting on the ipad and the phone. I hope everyone has a great week!

A HUGE thank you to @Cafelelia for picking up the slack when I am gone. Isn't she awesome?!
    Thank you Lisa!
    :)

@amsandos Glad that everything is going well. I am glad you checked in, even if it was quick.
    @pacsnc6 Nice loss! This is week 1 for Oct. You are starting the month off right!
    @Mrsbell8well We are always happy to hear from you! I hope you feel better, kidney stones are so painful. Hugs!
    @Barbb1557 Once again, nice job balancing out your calories at dinner when you ate more at lunch. Have you considered making lunch your main meal? If it happens a lot, maybe that would be a good plan for you. Yes, the requests by the dietician are all doable and all things we all should be doing. You seem to get great workouts in already with the trainer. Do you not do cardio then? If you haven't done cardio in a while, why don't you build up to 30 min. Start with 10 or 15 min and then slowly increase it. Just something for you to consider.
    @Cafelelia I did put my weight in. I guess there is no way to say if we entered our own weight
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    PW - 155.7
    CW - 154.6

My overall goal is 135 lbs. I am 5’3”, so not very tall and smaller build. My starting weight back in January 2018 was 168.8. So this loss today puts everything back to the weight I was in June before my reinjury. So I have 19 lbs to go, which may not sound like a lot, but it feels like a lot. I had a great September, but I have a growing fear about hitting a plateau. It is really bugging me. I need to face my fear and keep going.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNIN TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE
    I AM SO GLAD TO SEE SO MANY OF YOU CHATTING IT UP IN HERE... IT'S MAKES OUR JOURNEY SO MUCH MORE FUN,ENJOYABLE AND CHALLENGING KNOWING THAT THE TEAM IS RIGHT THERE WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY

@sleepymom5 AND @Cafelelia YOUR BOTH DOING A GREAT JOB IN KEEPING YOUR TEAM INVOLVED AND ACTIVE HERE ON THE TEAM THREAD...KUDOS TO YOU!!!!
    GREG
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Thursday check in

Food - logged & under
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - circuit training with trainer.

My leg is bugging me a bit today, so I will rest it, and do some stretching later. My calm early morning turned into crisis as my son was crying at school & had to speak to me as he did not make a team. He is already on the hockey team, but is very sensitive when it comes to these things. He was able to calm himself and on the bright side, I feel like he is making progress.

@Navydaddjtc - Thank you and thanks for stopping by!

@sleepymom5 - You maintained and that is great considering how busy you have been! You have a good plan in place for your vacation. Try to have fun and relax too. Your everyday life is busy, so reducing stress on vacation will also help with your journey. I am happy to help out while you are away! Let’s just always assume that we enter our own weights! Oh, and really liked your story above about how you handled the negative encounter with your daughter. These are the things we need to do when we experience negativity, challenges, fights etc. We still have to stay the course and focus on our mental strength as well.

@barbb1557 - Great day yesterday and I like how you adjusted your supper due to the bigger lunch. As for getting going on the walking, I know it can be tough to get started. Maybe break it down into little chunks to start. For example, on days 1 and 2, I will walk for 10 minutes (even if it is around your living room). Then days 3 & 4, I will walk for 12 minutes. Then the next two days 14 minutes. Before you know it, you can build up to 30 minutes and beyond. So many running and walking plans do this, and it really works. You can do it!

@Mrsbell8well - You will always be part of our little community. I hope that you are doing ok now. Kidney stones are terribly painful and so sorry that you had to go through that. It is frustrating that you can do all of the right things to take care of yourself and something like this happens. Take care!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    85ggyp54pmht.jpeg

One of our most mentioned struggles was staying on track when out of our routine (nights out, weekends, vacations, work temptations). Here is a link on how to stay on plan while on vacation (I like that her name is Coach Lisa)! What is great about this post is that she recommends enjoying yourself to reduce stress and also planning to have your splurges too.

Yes, that is the Denver skyline in the image, and this post dedicated to @sleepymom5!!

https://8fit.com/lifestyle/how-to-eat-healthy-on-vacation-coach-lisas-top-tips/
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,190 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    PW - 155.7
    CW - 154.6

My overall goal is 135 lbs. I am 5’3”, so not very tall and smaller build. My starting weight back in January 2018 was 168.8. So this loss today puts everything back to the weight I was in June before my reinjury. So I have 19 lbs to go, which may not sound like a lot, but it feels like a lot. I had a great September, but I have a growing fear about hitting a plateau. It is really bugging me. I need to face my fear and keep going.

Fellow short person! You can do this!!! Yes, we smaller people have to eat less than those normal folks, and every pound is a larger portion of our total body. It is going to bug you, you will hit plateaus, but you WILL get there! I'm 5'almost1" and started out at 154 pounds. I'm down around 115 now, and could still go to 110 to really hit the best spot. The last 10 pounds took more than forever, but there is more and more stability as time goes by. For a long time I could fluctuate be several pounds over a few days, but now in the last few months, I fluctuate by a pound or 2 at most. YOU WILL GET THERE! You are doing all the right things. Being a team captain, believe it or not, really helps. The voices of your team are in your head and they are not leaving! Fear will recede, but it is actually a good thing - you know you are changing when you are a bit afraid. So hugs to you - you got this.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Food: on track
    Water:64 oz
    Exercise: treadmill speed intervals
    I'm not a runner and don't plan to become one. Running/jogging is a challenge for me which is why I do it occasionally to change up my exercise routine.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    Food: pre-logged, ate as planned; stayed w/i IF schedule
    Water: good
    Exercise & steps: 5 1/2 mile hike with the dogs; 17,200 steps
    Went to bed on time but slept horribly

I’ve been good and consistent with my eating, water & exercise as well as carving out a little bit of time for self care. I’m up over 2 pounds this morning WTH 😡 Seems like 1 step forward 2 steps back. I’ve been on this journey a long time, too long, but the closer I get to goal the harder it gets. A scale needs to be invented that tells you why you weigh what you do... like “too many twinkies, Nance” or “just water retention, relax”... LOL
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    @jugar - Thank you so much for sharing, it was just what I needed to hear right now!! You are awesome!!

@tryingagain 5 - Great day yesterday!!

@nstephenson01 - Omg, I would love to have that scale! If you have not read it, have a look at @jugar’s post above where she describes the weight loss slowing closer to goal. Stay the course!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    2i1f1lj6zyvg.jpeg

Week 1

Friday's Weigh Ins Still Due
    @hope002
    @Julie8468
    @Timibotkin
    @McKay85
    @KatAdele

Saturday's Weigh Ins
    @kirsten11872
    @IHP2015
    @Zumba_Luvah

Late Weigh In
    @twyla77

Week 2

Sunday Weigh Ins
    @amytriesww
    @twyla77

Monday Weigh Ins
    @Amsandos
    @jedaschultz
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Previous weight: 156.0 (9/27)
    Current weight: 153.2 (10/4)

I know a lot of this is water weight but it’s still nice to see the scale move in the right direction. Weekends are always harder for me but I’m going to do my best to keep on track. Being on a ‘team’ is motivating me to stick with it.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    hope002
    Friday
    PW 208.8
    CW 207.9

@sleepymom5 our summers are about +23+28C(73-82F) day and +8+15C(46-60F) at night. Sometimes we get over +30C(86F), but it's rare
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Timibotkin
    Friday
    PW 291.1
    CW 295.1

This is what I was expecting last week, those night shifts finally caught up with me. It’s been a rough week and only expect next week to be worse! But I’ve got this!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Sorry I don't have any time to comment! Hopefully I can check in at the airport at least. If not, I will catch up with you next week! :)
This discussion has been closed.