Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - OCTOBER CHAT

Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Sunday 10/6 check in
    Water: 64 oz
    Food: tracked but over. I was hungry when I got to work last night and got a Larabar (kind of like a healthy version of a granola bar) and couple of string cheese. Time to get the food portion back on track.

Exercise: 10 minutes just light/moderate cardio at home and a 15 minute walk with a new neighbor and her dog.
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Monday October 7
    Food: over but logged
    Water and exercise ok. On day 3 of taking vitamins every morning, I’m hoping it will help get my energy back up. I’ve been so tired over the last few weeks, I know it’s due to not sleeping, getting anxiety attacks and nightmares in the middle of the night. I do get up, wander around the house, then try to go back to bed, doesn’t always work. I think I may need a good book to read before bed to switch off the day.
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    User ID: amsandos
    Week Number: Week 2
    Previous weight: 142
    Current weight: 144

Going to review my diary for the week. I went off the rails a bit at the weekend. I am feeling pretty dejected today not necessarily weight but tired and grumpy. Grumpy and the world and everyone in it.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    @Mrsbell8well - Glad that you recovered & Happy Birthday!

@amsandos - Grumpy is ok. Not everyday or week is perfect. I am feeling a bit grumpy myself today, so I get it.

@KatAdele - Great work with the water & exercise. It is hard relearning that feeling of when you are full. I watch my 9 year old often as he is very good at it.

@Julie8468 - So sorry that you are having anxiety and nightmares. A good book is nice idea. There are some good mindfulness and sleeping apps out there, which have music or meditation. I use Calm from time to time, and that is nice. Sleep deprivation is tough. Not sure if you have talked to your doctor, but there is all kinds of help for anxiety, so that may be a place to start if you have not yet.

@tryingagain 5 - Great day yesterday, and the Larabar was a good choice over something else more unhealthy!

@twyla77 - Great day! I am going to look up some of those Leslie Sansone videos when I am cleared by my PT to do more walking workouts.

@lennoncpa - So happy that you had a great weekend! That is an impressive number of steps!!

@ljdanny - Great that you got in a work out, no matter when it was! I just could not do 4 am (I have done 5 am when running). But you have to find a time that works for you. Early morning workouts are a great way to start the day and you get them out of the way too!

@Barbb1557 - Fantastic day yesterday!!

@jedachultz - It’s ok, this journey is not always a linear one. Good idea to refocus and take stock of you daily habits. You can do this!
  • Cafelelia
    Check in for Monday

Food - logged & part IF
    Exercise - 60 minutes of circuit training
    Water - 2l

It is a beautiful day out, but as stated above, I feel a bit grumpy myself. Lots to do before the Cdn Thanksgiving weekend, plus the usual daily stuff. I was think about a plan for Thanksgiving, but I don’t need much of one as we are hosting and keeping it quite healthy. The only thing to watch will be the wine, and need to be sure to drink a lot of water instead.
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Barbb1557
    Checking in. Great workout with my trainer. We hit the assisted pull up machine. It scares the heck out of me, but I also want to constantly improve on it. I did two rounds of 15 with breaks as needed. Big success for me. Weigh in is tomorrow and I am nervous, but I will continue to keep working on this.
    My trainer suggested adding a teasp. Or less of cinnamon and cayenne to oatmeal cooked in a no sugar almond milk and blueberries. I am going to try it.
    Have a great day everyone!
  • Cafelelia
    Related to our various struggles with overeating, here is a helpful website by Dr. Melissa McCreery. She has a blog and serious of short videos on various topics related to overeating. It is called Too Much On Her Plate. In addition to the short videos, there is also a free quizz on the website to help understand what is behind your overeating. She also offers a longer online course to take as well. Here is a link to one of her short videos. This one is on how to eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full:

https://toomuchonherplate.com/how-to-eat-when-youre-hungry-and-stop-when-youre-full/
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Phoebe112476
    Tuesday
    Week 2
    PW: 160.0
    CW: 160.2
  • tryingagain5
    Monday 10/7 check in
    Food: tracked but over
    Water: 56 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute session at the gym with my trainer
  • tryingagain5
    Tuesday 10/8 check in
    Food: tracked under my limit
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: 10 minutes light cardio at home.
    Normally would go to the gym but have been dealing with some car issues. Think they're all straightened out now.
  • amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Check in Monday & Tuesday
    Food: On track!
    Water: over 100 oz both days
    Exercise: 1 hour both days
    Steps: Over 11000 both days

I've had 2 pretty good days so far this week. Got some school work done yesterday and had a conference with my daughter's teachers today. That went well. My kiddo has her first counseling session without me and her dad tomorrow. I'm definitely feeling more optimistic this week as compared to the previous two. One day at a time.

@Cafelelia You asked me last week what I was doing for losing weight. Yes, I do WW, but I actually don't think I really need that anymore. I actually like My Fitness Pal better. I do practice portion control and I try to make the best choice that I can with whatever I have, if that makes sense. Other than that, having my mindset right is what keeps me on track. I haven't binged or overeaten since I started back in June. I have literally surprised myself! lol I'm just at a point where I'm tired of the lose/gain cycle and I'm ready for the life that I want and willing to do what it takes to get it. (I do have what I call treat meals-sometimes once a week, sometimes not at all, but they really make me feel like I'm not depriving myself and it's easier to stay on track.)
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Daily Check In - Tue Oct 8
    Track food? Yes
    Under calories? Yes
    Enough water? Not enough
    Steps? 9947. (I’m going to get up now to collect those last few steps before 10,000 lol!)
    Activity: Put together IKEA furniture with a friend tonight - more like a brain workout trying to figure out those cryptic directions! Turned down a ride home from work in the blustery snow so I could get some steps in!

@Cafelelia - I had never heard of the Leslie videos until I joined this group, but I feel like they’re going to really help keep moving during colder winter months!

@Mrsbell8well Happy Belated Birthday!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Wednesday weigh in
    Username GingerPwr
    Pw146
    Cw 146

I admit I slacked on discipline this week. With that new app I'm using, hopefully I'll be exercising every day.
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Barbb1557
    Weigh in week 2
    Wednesday
    PW 227.8
    CW 227.8
  • Cafelelia
    @phoebe112476 - I know that you wanted to see the 150’s and you are going to get there very soon. The amount that you have lost thus far is really an inspiration! You’ve got this!

@tryingagain5 - Monday & Tuesday were great days! Amazing!

@amytriesww - I am glad that you have kept on track and had some great days! You are doing all of the right things for your daughter and it really is one day at a time. You are doing so great with your weight loss and thanks for sharing your approach. I think that for all of us, thinking of this as a new way of living is key. I also have “treat” meals, usually a night out once a week with my husband. They are most often healthy too, but I have some wine and or a dessert because having fun is part of life too.

@twyla77 - Great day and amazing that you walked in the snow! Yes, I also think that assembling IKEA furniture is a workout!! We don’t have snow in Toronto yet, but I need to start thinking about winter, as it often does snow in November. Prior to my injury, I would put on winter running gear & just run. But I cannot do that this year, so aside from my exercise bike, I am going to give Leslie Sansone a try!

@GingerPwr - You maintained this week, so even if you did slack a bit, you are doing alright! Let us know how using that app goes! I downloaded it but have not started using it yet.
This discussion has been closed.