WEIGHT NO MORE - OCTOBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557

Checking in
    Yesterday I was under my calories, but it was a real challenge.
    I love the colder weather, it is in the 50s now. I need to really plan today. I am leaving my house to visit my granddaughter then to my friends home for a prosecco toast before we leave for axe throwing around 5:00. Dinner plans are not until 7:15. Then a really late night at my friends home with munchies and alcohol. Right now I feel good about not drinking other than the toast. Hopefully my resolve will remain intact. I am bringing healthy munchies and humus. But know if there is a cracker in sight, I will have to partake.
    I am heading out for my walk shortly. Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    daily checkin for friday

busy day got myself stressed out and stress ate a load of olives but the evening was quite controlled although I did have extras.
    food hmm
    water hmm
    exercise 3 mile run
    sleep steady up late
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Water: 56 oz
    Exercise: Friday is my normal rest day
    Food: tracked (not always on MFP, a lot of times just good old fashioned pen and paper)
    I give that to my trainer every week and have since I started with him almost 2 years ago. He gets to see the good, bad and ugly.🤣
    I usually give myself permission to not worry about what I'm eating for a meal either on Friday or Saturday.
    This week it was Friday. I did go more overboard then planned.🙄 but that happens sometimes. Not going to stress over it.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    @amytriesww good luck with your daughter. My son suffers from anxiety and depression. Keep going with the counseling it does help even though our kids think it doesn't.
    @Mrsbell8well hope you feel better.
    @sleepymom5 have a great vacation.

Glad to know I lost a little more weight than I thought I had. I'm getting my hair done today, changing from purple to magenta. Then I have to go to my sister house to pick up a crib for my oldest son. His baby is not due until February but he's impatient and wants the crib last month. Lots of places to be today, my husband is also hopefully getting a truck today. My youngest son will drive his car until they buy one. That baby comes next week, yikes. Monday will be one year since his horrible car accident, and quite the year it has been. I will hopefully stop being everyone shueffer in the next two weeks and can focus on me. I really want to try getting back up at 4am for workouts. I'm goiy to slowly try it this week. Not sure if it's because I'm getting older that I just can't do it. But we will see what happens starting Monday.
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557
    I left the house and walked briskly for 31 minutes. There was pain in my knee, but I pushed past it. The most exciting thing occurred, my hips and back did not ache at all. I used to walk 20 steps and the pain would start. This is huge and I am really excited about it!:-)
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Check in for Friday

Food - logged & on target
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - rest day for my leg

Good day yesterday. The weather is all of the place here. It was super warm, now it is cool and then is it warm again tomorrow. I have all kinds of jackets, shoes and boots out for everyone because is changes so much!

@KatAdele - Fantastic loss! You hard work and focus is paying off!

@hope002 - Great loss, congratulations!

@timibotkin - Night shifts are rough and so sorry that this week coming up will be difficult too. But you are right, you’ve got this!

@Zumba_Luvah - An accountability buddy for exercise is a great plan and let us know if you can set that up! We are still at the beginning of October, so it is a good time to reset and try something new like that! Don’t get too focused on the weight number, it will go back down!

@Barbb1557 - Great walk, way to go! Hope that your knee is ok now, and it is amazing that your back and hips did not hurt! You should plan to partake tonight. Staying on plan is great, but it is nice for the plan to include celebrations and partaking in the fun! Have a great time!

@amsandos - Some things in your day may have been Hmm, but you did get in a run and extra sleep!!

@tryingain5 - It is great that you have accountability with your trainer. You have a plan, so going overboard on Friday is ok!

@ljdanny - If you are comfortable, post a pic of your new hair colour! Let us know what happens with the planned 4 am workout! How is your younger son doing these days?

• tryingagain5
    Options
    timibotkin wrote: »
    Timibotkin
    Friday
    PW 291.1
    CW 295.1

This is what I was expecting last week, those night shifts finally caught up with me. It’s been a rough week and only expect next week to be worse! But I’ve got this!

I work nights too, 3rd shift 10:30pm to 6:30am. Been doing this for 4 years now, hard when I'm a morning person. You're right, you've got this! Keep going!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:1
    Weigh-in day:Saturday
    Previous weight:173.8
    Current weight:173.7
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @tryingagain5 I have a hard time at events like those you were at. I am really working on my overeating. I have noticed a lot of the times I am not even hungry. Just because I notice I am not hungry doesn't make it any easier to resist Lol! I have been planning before I go and it does help a little bit. 3rd shift is tough too. Are you always on nights or do you rotate? I always had trouble with eating when I worked night shift. I was hungry before, during and after nights. Some how I seemed to end up eating an extra meal. I like your goals for October. I think they are ones you will be able to reach. I share your struggles. I have been trying to just make small changes that I know I can do for the rest of my life. I have been losing slowly but it is better than giving up and gaining. You can check in at any time so no worries, you can wait until you wake up after 3rd shift.

I see I forgot to respond to you.🙄

I always struggle at events/friends and family get togethers. Everything aways looks and tastes great and I want to eat everything in sight, even if not hungry. Sounds like you have the same issue. I'm much better during the week when everything is routine.

I'm also trying to work on one or 2 things. No sense in making it overwhelming. I didn't put on the weight overnight and it's not going to leave overnight (no matter how much I'd like that)

I work 3rd shift all the time. 10:30pm to 6:30 am Sunday night through Friday morning. No rotating shifts.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ihp2015
    Saturday
    PW 221.4
    CW 221.4
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Not doing so well at the moment. My muscles ache, I feel cold all the time and basically feel miserable. I think I'm coming down with the flu and I don't have time for that :'(

Going to bed now and hope I feel better tomorrow!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    tkvwejrcv167.jpeg

My scale the last 5 mornings;

Ahhhh! Really hoping for the 150’s tomorrow but even 160.3 would be a welcome change at this point! Have a great Sunday team.
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Busy day today but I had a great morning workout and think I made okay eating choices.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Check in for Saturday 10/5
    Food: tracked but over. A friend called and asked if I wanted to go for ice cream. I still had about 200 calories left but didn't make the best choice.🙄 I got what I usually get, which has to be way over 200 calories. I'm guessing 500 or more. (It's a small, local shop and doesn't have calories posted). But it was very good and I enjoyed every bite.

Water: 56 oz

Exercise: none. Not my normal rest day but I was really tired and yesterday ended up being a very lazy day. I even took a 3 hour nap.
  • Cafelelia
    edited October 2019
    Options
    cic6y4jzatzh.jpeg

Good morning! It is week 2 and week 1 results will be out later today. The weigh in in reminders for the next few days are:

Sunday
    @amytriesww
    @twyla77

Monday
    @amsandos
    @jedaschultz

Tuesday
    @phoebe112476

Wednesday
    @Barb1557
    @GingerPwr
    @tryingagain5

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAMS
    WEEK ONE RESULTS ARE IN AND HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 53.7 POUNDS OR 0.21% !!
    r70sujou8gt6.png

THE WINNERS ARE... [/i]

TEAM % Workout Warriors 0.46%
    INDIVIDUAL % mrshadsall 2.58%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 21.9
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST mrshadsall 6.0

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Workout Warriors 0.46%
    2nd Weight No More 0.27%
    3rd WaistAways 0.24%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Workout Warriors 21.9
    2nd Weight No More 10.1
    3rd WaistAways 9.4

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @mrshadsall 2.58%
    2nd @kx7003 2.22%
    3rd @kilobykilo 2.21%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @mrshadsall 6.0
    2nd @kilobykilo 4.0
    3rd @Lindamtuck2018 3.6

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Amsandos
    @mustbe60
    @KathynDes
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @KatAdele
    @Lindamtuck2018
    @Jactop
    @Katmary71
    @Pearl4686

TO ALL OF THE TEAMS AND THEIR MEMBERS
    qgn49txfiwti.png
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Saturday Check In

Food - logged & under
    Water - 2 l
    Exercise - skipped it to rest my leg which has been bugging me for a few days.

It was a busy day yesterday. Lots of activity & excitement for my younger boy’s hockey, and by midday, my older boy was sick with sort of flu like symptoms. I have really been feeling like Dr. Mom lately. I made everybody go to bed early, including me, and the extra sleep helped us all.

@tryingagain5 - A few extra hundred calories is not so bad and sometimes a reward like your favorite ice cream is nice. Also, a 3 hour nap is amazing and you must have really needed it. Sleep and rest are important for fitness, health and weight loss!

@KatAdele - You had a great week and glad you are having a good day!

@GingerPwr - So sorry that you are going through a rough patch. I hope that your son is ok and recovers soon from the concussion. Colds are no fun and it seems to me that all of the autumn illnesses hit early this year. Have some soup or tea, and hope that you feel better soon! Also, hope that pain in your side goes away, whatever it is. If it persists, you should get it checked out.

@Phoebe112476 - On the bright side, as of now, you are down over a pound from the last weigh in. Your weigh in is Tuesday, so there is still some time. I know that you really want to see the 150’s and you will absolutely get there! I think of you as the plateau whisperer! You’ve got this!

@Zumba_Luvah - It is really hard feeling stuck, I know it. Getting your exercise buddy is a great step to break out of it! I have read many times that to break free from that stuck feeling, start by making small changes. It may not even be diet or exercise, but just your self talk, or reading, or meditating. Don’t give up, you can do it!!

@ihp2015 - Oh no, you are sick too! Take care of yourself today and rest!!

@kristen11872 - You maintained & that’s good. Hope that you are doing well!

• Cafelelia
    Options
    ajf631v71o7x.jpeg

We had a great week and came in second for both lbs & % lost!! Congratulations to @amsandos &@KatAdele for making the honorable mentions! Congratulations to all of us for deciding to take this journey!!

Continuing the discussion around the struggle of overeating, I have posted some links to Corinne Crabtree’s PNP podcasts on that topic. I know that many of you already listen, but here is the link to all of the podcasts: http://pnptribepodcast.com/

Some podcasts that address overeating
    http://pnptribepodcast.com/episode-113-the-four-basics-of-weightloss

http://pnptribepodcast.com/fb-live-episode-how-to-end-self-sabotage-in-weightloss

http://pnptribepodcast.com/fb-live-episode-asking-yourself-am-i-hungry

Mindset (“fat girl thinking”) as mentioned by @amsandos
    http://pnptribepodcast.com/episode-013-what-is-fat-girl-thinking

Losing weight around your work schedule
    http://pnptribepodcast.com/teachers-nurses-doctors-how-to-lose-weight-around-your-schedules

This discussion has been closed.