Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - OCTOBER CHAT

Replies

• Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Barbb1557
    Check in
    Calories under
    Fat grams are way too high. That has been a consistent theme over the past week or so.
    I have increased my daily exercise to 30 minutes per day. I plan to eat oatmeal every morning and hope that sets the tone for a healthy food day. My trainer thought that 1.5 miles with hills in 30 minutes was a good pace for me.
    I met my friend for dinner and asked for a box as soon as the meal arrived. It was horseradish crusted halibut and I included some mayonnaise in my food journal. There were red potatoes and peppers and onions. I am proud of my new resolve that stopped me from heating my leftovers and devouring them throughout the night. I had one drink, a large glass of club soda with one shot of orange vodka and an orange slice. I need to stop alcohol because it reduces my resolve to eat only healthy. It is always a fight for me.

@lennoncpa how do you make your oatmeal and do you eat the entire amount if you start with 1/2 cup dry oatmeal.
    @amytriesww so glad to hear your week is a little less stressful! Great job on the weight loss!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    @barbb1557 - You are doing great!! Alcohol is a tough one for many of us. I love wine, but limit it usually to once per week. Just too many calories & adverse effects to deal with otherwise.

@jedaschutz - That’s great that you joined WW! Let us know how it is working for you!

@nstephenson01 - You may have a few extra pounds, but the compliment from the ladies at your hair appt is a terrific NSV! So nice that you will have your husband home & dad visiting at the same time! Enjoy!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @Barbb1557 I buy the Red Mills Oatmeal and on the package is a recipe for the slow cooker with one cup oatmeal and four cups of water on low in the slow cooker for 7-8 hours or overnight. It makes 4 servings and it reheats really well! Plus it tastes awesome! I had been doing the instant oatmeal until a friend of mine made the real stuff! So now I’m spoiled!! Instant just isn’t the same anymore. Lol
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557
    Checking in
    @lennoncpa Thanks!!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Username: tryingagain5
    Week: 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 195.8
    Current weight: 196.6
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    I did better today at weighing/measuring my portions. Hopefully that helps. I don’t have much time to comment but just posting helps keep me on track.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Today is my annual physical. I am down a couple pounds from last year and I think in better shape. We'll see what the doctor says. About three years ago she told me to lose 20 pounds, I'm at 15 and feeling good about that.
    I was doing good yesterday with calories until I ate an extra dessert at church supper last night. Couldn't leave the last piece to get trashed! And it was good.
    Not sure my step counts for the last few days are correct. I am crocheting a blanket for my grandson's graduation and I think the watch is counting the movements of my hands somehow. I expected the "move" counts to be up but not the steps.
  • Cafelelia
    edited October 2019
    @pacsnc6 - Good luck at your physical today! I am sure it will go very well! An extra dessert here and there is not a plan breaker. We need to enjoy life too! Yes, hand motions do get picked up by fitness trackers. Post a photo fo the blanket when you have a chance! I still have a crochet blanket that my mother made for me when I went to university years ago. It is the best!

@twyla77 - Thank you for that lovely post and I think that we all needed it! Great day again yesterday! Have posted a photo below just for you of Jeff Tweedy from the Wilco concert. I noticed that he and the entire band are getting older, but that’s ok because so am I!

@tryingain5 - Congratulatinos on those amazing NSVs! It is not just the numbers on the scale, and there are so many other metrics, including how you feel! Great job!!

@KatAdele - Good day! No matter how brief the post, checking in is really helpful.

@lennoncpa - Thanks for the oatmeal recipe!

For @twyla77:

rh26jdcfyw5t.jpeg

• Cafelelia
    Check in for Wednesday

Food - on target & IF
    Exercise - No time!
    Water - 2l

Yesterday was the first day that fasting made me cranky. I had richer food and wine the day before, so I wonder if that was why. Otherwise, it was a good day. I am getting into fully Thanksgiving prep mode and I cannot believe how quickly the holiday arrive this year!
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557
    Checking in
    I learned yesterday that the best time to get in my 30 minute walk is early in the day after my coffee. It's much harder for me to get motivated and moving briskly earlier in the day.
    My food was good yesterday, but I need to keep an eye on my fat grams.
    I am a little nervous about my appointment today with my orthopedic doctor. I am getting x-rays of my spine and will find out how compromised L4 is.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    I was in and out of the doctor's office in less than 45 minutes - must be a record!
    My BP is up a couple of points and my A1c is down a couple of points. I asked her what is going on with the BP and she said "you're getting older!" I have been taking one Aleve every morning and she thinks that may be the culprit too. So I guess I need to switch to Tylenol. Just wish it worked for me. My weight is about the same as last year but down 15 from three years ago. I feel good and that is the main thing.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Thursday 10/10 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 32 oz
    Exercise: quick 20 minutes low intensity workout at home.

Worked until 8:30 this morning, usually get out at 6:30. Didn't get to bed until after 10. Slept maybe 4ish hours. I volunteer on Thursdays evening before work so no time to get to the gym today but a quick 20 minute low intensity workout is better then nothing. Normally when I'm not working with my trainer I will do a 30 to 40 minutes high intensity workout on my own.
This discussion has been closed.