Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - OCTOBER CHAT

Replies

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    GOOD MORNING TEAMS
    WEEK TWO RESULTS ARE IN AND HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 23.1 POUNDS OR 0,10 % !!

1pr56mgh8yq2.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Workout Warriors 0.34%
    INDIVIDUAL % Luciicul 3.67%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 13.2
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST Luciicul 6.4

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Workout Warriors 0.34%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.27%
    3rd WaistAways 0.21%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST

1st Workout Warriors 13.2
    2nd Shrinking Assets 12.6
    3rd WaistAways 7.7

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE

1st @Luciicul 3.67%
    2nd @Tualla 2.53%
    3rd @kmfeig87 2.25%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST

1st @Luciicul 6.4
    2nd @Tualla 5.6
    3rd @ngk2000 5.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @ngk2000
    @starbound2001
    @Mulecanter
    @TheMrWobbly
    @KathynDes
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @getfitgal123
    @reflectionofme
    @runarml

TO ALL OF THE TEAMS AND THEIR MEMBERS

wg2yfrcljlmb.png
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Check in for Saturday
    Got lots of water in, food was under. But since I’m not moving much there wasn’t a difference on the scale this morning. Silly me thought it would be a great morning on the scale, something to look forward to! Oh well, so back to focusing on rest, recovery and managing pain until everything heals up. Trying to eat better, increasing my fiber and protein. And of course no coffee or alcohol.

@Mrsbell8well cow peas is something I’ve never seen before. Is it a local vegetable?
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Good morning team! Come join us for Week three group challenge! 🚧🚧🚧🚧🚧🚧
    bf4l0s1einok.jpeg

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10768217/under-construction-week-three-challenge-from-workout-warriors/p1?new=1
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @sleepymom5 welcome back. Sounds like you did great and had fun. You look great! I have been to Estes Park. Very pretty with all the aspens turning yellow.
    I finally weighed. I stayed the same and couldn’t be more thrilled!
  • Mrsbell8well
    @julie8468 I had the same experience. With all that pain you went through and your surgery you should be quite a bit lower on the scale. It may happen yet. It took me 9 days to feel like I had finally lost all that swelling and fluid gain. Are you feeling better? Cowpeas are like black eyed peas. They use them as a dry legume. But this time of year you can enjoy them fresh. I used a little sautéed garlic and onion with vegetable broth and simmered 25 minutes. Delicious. Such a treat!
  • Mrsbell8well
    @twyla77 good luck! Maybe you can go for a family walk? Happy thanksgiving!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    2qx1gewrunsz.jpeg

@julie8468 - I am so sorry that you had to have emergency surgery. I hope that you are doing ok and recovering well. Hang in there and we are all here for you if you need us!

@timibotkin - Congratulations for finishing you radiation! You are so strong and I hope that those side effects subside very soon. Sending you a huge hug and healing vibes!

@pacsnc6 - That is terrible that you are in pain and I hope that your meds are cleared soon by your insurance. Hang in there and sending you a hug too!

@ihp2015 - How are things going these days?

@kirsten11872 - How are things going this month?

@GingerPwr - Hope that the rest of your weekend is going well!

@tryingagain5 - Weekends are usually trickier, but amazing NSV with your jacket! Thank you for the encouragement and yes, I follow my PT, plus my trainer & PT work together on a program for me. It is taking a while but I will get there!

@KatAdele - Way to not eat those snickerdoodles!

@twyla77 - You will lose, don’t worry. How is it going with the turkey? My husband cooking ours tomorrow in a smoker, so I am off the hook! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

@Barbb1557 - Great day!! The goldfish are in the past!

@amytriesww - Amazing loss, congratulations!!

@Mrsbell8well - Hope that your daughter’s race went well! Lovely photos & that food looks delicious!

@sleepymom5 - Welcome back!! Glad you had a great time and congratulations on not gaining!! Amazing! Lovely photo!

@Zumba_Luvah - Congratulations for getting in the honourable mentions this week!

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Julie8468 wrote: »
    @nstephenson01 so glad to hear your husband is coming home!!

While you seem to have a busy day today, I hope you can add to your list some well deserved “welcome home” kisses!

Ah yes of course @Julie8468 Thanks!! Good idea!

What a scary experience for you. Hope you are feeling better and on the road to recovery. Hugs.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited October 2019
    I am all caught up with what you all are up to! Forgive me if it is choppy, I kept adding comments as I went along lol! I do have to get off the computer and moving now. I will check back in this evening!

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends. I think Monday is the actual day but I know a lot of you are caught up in the preparation, guests, shopping, cooking etc. Enjoy!

@Cafelelia I can't thank you enough for keeping everything going while I was gone. What an active thread too! I did see the Denver sky line and tips for going away on vacation post before I left. I just didn't have time to comment. Thanks for all the great information too. I have to go back and read everything again later so I can learn too! I can't wait to watch the overeating video too. I really think that is the key for me. I also love the Canadian food guide, it is spot on! Sounds like you have had a super busy week with pre Thanksgiving prep, guests on top of all the usual stuff. Hope you can relax and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    @nstephenson01 I like the post before I left about the scale that tells you why you're up Lol! Wouldn't that be great! I am glad your Dad and husband are there! How exciting! I can't believe how the weather has been for you already! Good idea to have a plan for when dad is here and then you can get back to your routine afterwards. I know how hard it is when guests are visiting. You have seen me struggle. I had to laugh when you said I ate like a jerk today-made me think of Corrine saying don't eat like an a-hole :D Good daily plan for moving on!
    @KatAdele I am glad you are part of the team and you are getting some benefit from it. I have been working with eating until satisfied. Sometimes it is really hard to tell. I started to eat 1/2 to 3/4 of a portion and stop to see how I am feeling. That seems to help when I remember to do it. Lol! It is great you check in, sometimes commenting takes a lot of time so don't worry about that. Checking in every day is what is important. Awesome results from the dexascan . That is way more accurate than the BMI chart. I think you have a great plan moving forward.
    @hope002 It sounds like you live in a beautiful area and a nice climate. I guess a little cold but still beautiful!
    @timibotkin Congratulations with being done with radiation! I am so happy it is behind you Glad those night shifts are over too! I am sure your energy will start to come back now. It is important to listen to your body. If you need rest, get it. You have really gone through so much. Hugs!
    @Zumba_Luvah Were you able to get in touch with your friend who could be a workout and losing weight buddy. It is motivating to have someone who is doing it with you. If not, try checking in here with us more often
    @Barbb1557 I loved your post when you went for a walk and your back and hip didn't bother you. I do have a tear in my gluteus minimus and medius but I know I would be doing better if I didn't have the extra weight on me. I am so happy you had this huge NSV! DId you try the oatmeal with the cinnamon and cayanne? I am not a spicy person but I bet a little bit with the cinnamon and fruit is delicious! I also love how you do so well going out. Sounds like you plan, order healthy and take left overs home. You really have this down! Great job! We all have slip ups (like the goldfish) and for some reason our old thinking takes over. This time notice that it didn't send you spiraling down. You just took accountability for it and didn't beat yourself up. Give yourself a pat on the back for it. You have come so far! I also think it is a good idea to take someone to the doctors with you next time. Two sets of ears are better than one.
    @amsandos I admire how you evaluate and readjust. It is so important as you know because so much of this is a learning process. You are really doing great!
    @tryingagain5 I love you show your trainer your food logs. Think of it as data that can help you. That is why it is important to be honest which it does sound like you are. Night shift is tough too. I always seemed to end up having an extra meal somehow. I totally agree though. It is better to work on one or two things otherwise you will get overwhelmed and end up not doing anything. You are also absolutely right-take those NSV over the scale. They are what really shows how you are doing. Weight can be anything! I love the volunteer work that you do. What a great place for people to come and can actually take time and listen while you watch the children. I also loved your post about coming in last. I agree 100% The only one we should be worrying about is beating ourself. Keep going with that walking class and I bet you will see an improvement with your pace. Hugs!
    @ljdanny You have to post a pic with your hair! Magenta sounds so pretty! I can't believe it has been a year since your son's accident. I know he still isn't 100% but he has come a long way. It has been a rough year for all of you. I also can't believe it is almost time for the baby to be here! How exciting!!
    @ihp2015 Hope you are feeling better!
    @phoebe112476 Your scale pic made me lol! Maintaining isn't a bad thing although I know you are frustrated. Keep doing what you are doing and the scale will catch up. You will be well into the 150s before you know it!
    @GingerPwr Oh no! I hope your son is better soon! Hopefully you are too. I am behind a little with the posts!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I hope everything went well in Rehab. I am glad you are back and I hope you check in with us even though you are on the cheersquad
    @twyla77 Happy Birthday!!n I was afraid we were losing you when you didn't post the other week! I am glad that isn't the case! I love the goals you made for this year. Sounds like you figured out your scale. They are supposed to be awesome scales. I go back and forth with getting one. I love you are checking in everyday now too! Happy Thanksgiving too! It is a lot of work to host but I am sure you will do great! No worries about the scale, you had a good week, the scale doesn't always give the best picture of whats going on!
    @julie8468 . Hooray you are back! When you struggle is exactly the times you should be posting. If everyone was perfect, we wouldn't be here. Ugh! The sleeping thing is the worst. I feel like if you get a good nights sleep you can tackle anything. I hope there is something you can do to help it. I am sure you tried backing away from the caffeine, shutting electronics off a few hours before etc. I am so sorry to hear about your emergency surgery! How are you doing now? Remember to give yourself time to heal and don't worry about getting right back into an exercise routine. And get off that scale!! Lol! Your body retains so much fluid when healing. It is normal and will go away. Just worry about getting fluids in, eating healthy and resting right now.
    @jedaschultz I hope WW gives you the structure you need. I know a lot of people who have been successful on it! Good luck!
    @Mrsbell8well Happy Birthday!! I am so glad the kidney stone is behind you. I am so glad you are having a great October! I am happy you had such a nice week! I love all the pics! Congrats on the bike ride!
    @lennoncpa I love how you get all those steps and most likely burn a ton of calories AND have fun dancing! It is so awesome you do that! I love the idea of oatmeal as a snack. Especially since it is something you will look forward to AND will fill you up! OMG! Can Sunny be any cuter?!!
    @amytriesww I am glad to hear things are getting a little better. Sorry about that thumb though. You don't realize how much you depend on things until you can use them! Hope that is feeling a bit better by now too.
    @pacsnc6 Sounds like a great annual physical! The important thing is how much better you feel this year compared to last year! Sorry about your back though, I hope that you get some relief with the gel if it is approved.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Sunday 10/13 check in
    Food: logged, a little over
    Water: 56 oz
    Exercise: 20 minutes bodyweight exercises at home

Didn't do as well with my fruit, veggies and water goals this week:
    Fruit: 1 day had 5, 2 days had 2, 1 day had 3, 2 days had 1, 1 day had 0
    Veggies: 2 days had 2, 1 day had 1, 4 days had 0
    Water: 2 days had 8 glasses, 2 days had 7 glasses, 1 day had 5, 2 days had 4

Have to work harder at my goals this week.
This discussion has been closed.