Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - OCTOBER CHAT

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - Welcome back and hope that rehab was a good experience for you. We already have you on cheer squad! I recorded your weight and weekly weigh ins are not mandatory for cheer squad members. Let us know how you are doing when you can!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,113 Member
    I did my Zumba class this morning then went to my son's house for a football party. I ate too much, I don't plan on having dinner and did not have any alcoholic drinks, only water and lots of it. I came home and made some protein balls for the week. It's only 6 but I'm so done with this day. Maybe it's the thought of getting up at 4am, lol.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,257 Member
    Here I am visiting again, and I just LOVE the idea of
    THE PLATEAU WHISPERER
    gdvmui4ol86o.png

Thanks for using that fabulous encouraging term to help a teammate, @cafelelia ! I am gonna steal it for sure...
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    @Cafelelia can I start again? My starting weight is now 144. :(

Didn’t have a great September, it flew by! I over ate, drank way too much and didn’t do the workouts I promised myself. Lost control due to life events that I just couldn’t handle very well. And just shut down. I do enjoy reading every ones posts and truly appreciate that sharing the bad is a good thing. I know I need to start again, and start opening up instead of hiding from myself. I hope that’s okay.
  • Cafelelia
    @Julie8468 - Totally understand and I have a similar issue about shutting down when things get rough. I asked the moderators to move you back to the team from the drop list. @sleepymom5 once said to me, when you are having a bad time and feel like shutting down, that is when you should be posting most on our space. This space is about our journey, not just posting weights, so just know that you can comfortably share here. Glad that you are back!!

@GingerPwr - Very cool app & thanks for sharing!

@jugar - Thanks (& nice photo)!

@tryingagain5 - Excellent week!! Congratulations!

@amytriesww - We are here for you, and just check in when you can! A 2.2 lbs loss is amazing by any standard and congratulations to you for staying on track in spite of everything that is going on!

@ljdanny - Did you get up at 4 am? I need to know!

@lennoncpa - Welcome back! Glad that you had a great time! Don’t worry about the scale tomorrow, you are back in your routine now. Have you ever tracked your calorie burn for a dancing weekend like this?

@Barbb1557 - Another amazing walk! Way to go! Also congratulations for sticking to your plan and having a great time at the party! I forgot that pumpkin spice season is upon us!

@Twyla77 - Happy Birthday!! Here is to your healthiest year!! We missed you last week and thanks for providing your updated weights. Glad that you are back! There is a way not to link your scale to MFP, I think you go in the app setting for the scale and for MFP too.
  • Cafelelia
    @Julie8468 - You are back on the team challenge list! Your weigh in day is Friday and we put 144 as your weight for last week. Welcome back!
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 1,019 Member
    Username: jedaschultz
    Week: 2
    Weight in day: Monday
    Previous weight:205.6
    Current weight: 206.0

I've been going in the wrong direction for a long time now. I need to get my head focused and my hands and mouth under control.
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Thank-you @Cafelelia !!
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Barbb1557
    Checking in
    I got up way too early but took advantage of the time after the sun rose and walked for 33 minutes and more steps. I just drove my car around the circuit and it is 1.5 miles with a lot of hills.
    I may be dog sitting this week, so my walking could increase, yeah!
    I met friends for lunch and asked for the spinach salad with chicken, I asked for it on a plate instead of the tortilla bowl and I picked out the croutons. Breakfast was really good. I cooked oatmeal in sugar free almond milk and added pumpkin pie spice and a few blueberries. I discovered a huge bonus of reducing my sugar, blueberries seem much sweeter.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    WEEK 2 TEAM CHALLENGE

A POSTCARD TO YOUR YOUNGER SELF.... Brought to you by Shrinking Assets.

What advise would you give your younger self? Drop by and let the group know.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10767522/shrinking-assets-week-2-challenge-a-postcard-to-your-younger-self/p1?new=1
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,113 Member
    @Cafelelia I did not get up, boo. I'm awake every morning at 3 and just hate to get up and wait til my alarm goes off at 5, today was the first day I slept til my alarm went off. Never happens. I did come home and workout though.
    I am getting my food ready for tomorrow. I have a CPR class tomorrow night so I will miss my Zumba class so I just might have to get up at 4. I had ordered some Leslie Sansone videos that arrived, the walk 15 series I tried those today I don't like them as much as my other one I have but I will keep trying it.
This discussion has been closed.