Today's Goals - What are yours?

Options

Replies

• Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Today’s Goals - Love myself, by always being patient, kind and understanding with myself, my thoughts, my feelings, my actions, and my results. Commit to my plan for the day. Modify my plan for tomorrow. Practice listening to my bodies hunger and fullness signals. Spend 5 minutes in a Grateful Meditation. Spend 5 minutes visualizing/imagining myself having achieved my weight loss goal. Spend 5 minutes reviewing and updating my affirmations.

Yesterday Assessment - Ok day! Ate 2 to -2 at breakfast, and lunch. Ate 3 servings of nuts instead of two as planned, and only drank 64 ounces of water. I seem to find myself eating more than two servings of nuts on days that are emotionally difficult and I am dehydrated. It’s a pattern. From right now forward, I will never eat more than two servings of nuts per day. It’s contrary to my goals, and my commitment to myself and my goals will not be infringed upon by overeating snacks. I am willing to be uncomfortable and be with my emotions at these times. Further, I am committed to drink at least 80 ounces of water daily. This is turning out to be very important in how I feel, both physically and emotionally. Commitment is the willingness to be uncomfortable and overcome all obstacles or options that stand between you and your goals! Failure is ok, as long as I fail forward!

May everyone have a great weekend!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to get through one more day!.....maybe that sounds harsh but I am finishing up an emotional “ don’t give a damn” week...I am back on track and motivated to lose 25 more pounds before the new year...8 lbs a month is certainly doable...I need to take one day at a time and some days one hour at a time!.....the support from this group is wonderful....
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    All we have is right now. Know that you are loved, and make sure you tell those you love! Have an awesome day!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to get through one more day!.....maybe that sounds harsh but I am finishing up an emotional “ don’t give a damn” week...I am back on track and motivated to lose 25 more pounds before the new year...8 lbs a month is certainly doable...I need to take one day at a time and some days one hour at a time!.....the support from this group is wonderful....

I'm the same, I'm astonished that mine has resulted in a maintenance month, even with my current mood I have managed to moderate myself to some degree.
    Tomorrow is another day and a brand new week, we're on it!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    We can do this!....the motivation, love and understanding this group gives is wonderful!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    My goal for today, and this weekend on the whole, was to stay active.

Friday:
    • 10,700 steps.
    • 1 hour Beat Saber session.

Saturday:
    • 12,400 steps.
    • 1 hour Beat Saber session.
    • 40 minute bike ride.
    • 45 minutes mowing the lawn (push mower)

Today:
    • 9,000 steps so far.
    • Couch to 5k Week 7 Day 1 run (10 minutes walking, 25 minutes jogging)
    • Cleaned out the garage.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,106 Member
    Options
    Daily goals for the rest of the week:

> 6000 steps Th :| F :) Sa :) Su :)
    > 7 hours sleep Th :) F :) Sa :) Su :)
    > No phone 1 hour before bed (excl. on call work) Th :) F :) Sa :) Su :)
    > Meditation Th :) F :) Sa :| Su :|
    > Complete my journal when at home Th :) F :) Sa n/a Su n/a

Weekly goals for this week still to be completed:

> 1 more strength training session :)
    > 2 more yoga sessions :)
    > 2500 deficit to achieve weekly deficit of 4000 cals. :|

Was low on steps Thursday, rain was torrential again, so got a lift home from work.
    Wasn't at home over the weekend, so didn't do any meditation or journalling.
    Sleep was much better.

Daily goals this week:
    > 8000 Steps per day
    > 7 Hours sleep per day
    > Better sleep hygiene (no phone 1 hour before bed)
    > Meditation
    > Gratitude Journal
    > Accurate Logging
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    This week is going to be difficult so my only goal at the moment is to be in a deficit each day.
    I'm trying to get back into my exercise plan but don't want to put too much pressure on myself so will play that by ear, I did walk to walk today though so I've actually had a good start to the week.
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Today - I will commit to my plan, and I will update it for tomorrow! I will also complete my vanishing to do list! Have a great day everyone!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    My goal is to make it one more day, one hour at a time!....I can do this!
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My goals for today:
    12k steps I have been slacking in at 10k or so for a couple weeks
    Less than 3k calories
    Catch up on reading everyone's posts
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Welcome back jjlewey!
  • jjlewey
    Options
    Thanks, I have missed the support the support from LL for the last couple weeks
  • merph518
    Options
    Glad to have you back!
  • jjlewey
    Options
    jjlewey wrote: »
    My goals for today:
    12k steps I have been slacking in at 10k or so for a couple weeks. 11.7k almost😉
    Less than 3k calories 2.7k😎
    Catch up on reading everyone's posts🤙

• Jackie9003
    Options
    Day 1 - got a good deficit and did 10k+ steps
    Day 2 - try to do the same again
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Today - I will commit to my plan, and I will update it for tomorrow! I will also complete my vanishing to do list! Have a great day everyone!

66%

1. Need to finish my vanishing to do list.
    2. Commit to my plan
    3. Update my plan

Make it a great day! Believe it and Be!

• merph518
    Options
    For today:
    • 12,000+ steps
    • Couch to 5k Week 7 Day 2 (complete)
    • Keep under 1900 calories
    • Check out a new local place for lunch
    • Beat Saber session this evening
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping in... Today's goal is no snacking after 6:00 pm and to have at least 100 calories left over.