Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Day 1 - got a good deficit and did 10k+ steps
    Day 2 - got another decent deficit and did 10k+ steps
    Day 3 - try again for the same but haven't walked to work so need to get to the gym today

Day 3 - got to the gym, watched the Apprentice with wine but still had a decent deficit, only got 9910 steps though
    Day 4 - same again, gym today and breakfast and lunch pre-logged

I'm on a roll this week, all 4 days I've either walked or gone to the gym and ended with a deficit, I'm on track today too as I've walked to work.

I'm finding the scales frutrating of late, twice in the last 6 weeks I've hit my 70lbs off number for it to bounce back up and yesterday I was within 1lb of doing it again and it bounced back up this morning. I know it's likely to be water due to the exercise and the (healthy) pizza I had for a late dinner last night so my other goal today is to ignore the scales and concentrate on everything else.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member

Daily goals this week:
    > 8000 Steps per day M :) Tu :) W :) Th :)
    > 7 Hours sleep per day M :) Tu :) W :) Th :)
    > Better sleep hygiene (no phone 1 hour before bed) M :) Tu :| W :| Th :|
    > Meditation M :) Tu :) W :) Th :)
    > Gratitude Journal M :) Tu :) W :) Th :)
    > Accurate Logging M :) Tu :) W :) Th :)

• Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    edited October 2019
    Work the plan for today. Update the plan for tomorrow. Be patient, kind and understanding with myself!

Have an amazing Friday!

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I have been playing with the same two pounds for the last couple of weeks....up one and then down two and back up one....I am going to have a serious talk with the scales over the weekend!

That is my goal.....maybe one pound under my lowest weight if the scales co operate!
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    haha @conniewilkins56 I have the exact same scales

My goal for this weekend is to start decorating the living room now that the walls & ceiling plaster is dry. Nothing strenuous for me - purely a supervisory role :wink:
  • tinkerbellang83

Daily goals this week:
    > 8000 Steps per day M :) Tu :) W :) Th :) F :| Sa :) Su :)
    > 7 Hours sleep per day M :) Tu :) W :) Th :) F :) Sa :) Su :)
    > Better sleep hygiene (no phone 1 hour before bed) M :) Tu :| W :| Th :| F :) Sa :) Su :)
    > Meditation M :) Tu :) W :) Th :) F :) Sa :) Su :)
    > Gratitude Journal M :) Tu :) W :) Th :) F :) Sa :) Su :)
    > Accurate Logging M :) Tu :) W :) Th :) F :) Sa :) Su :)

Not a bad week all in all, still need to work on the sleep hygiene a little better, missed my steps on Friday but my average daily steps is over 10000 so I don't mind too much.

Daily goals this week:

> 8000 Steps per day
    > 7 Hours sleep per day
    > Better sleep hygiene
    > Meditation
    > Gratitude Journal
    > Stop giving in to binge trigger foods - no pizza, no crisps, no chocolate bars and no cheese outside of what's in recipes for meals*

*I will just note, I am a true believer in eating a balanced diet that includes foods you enjoy, however, these are some foods that however much I try to eat in moderation will often trigger a binge if I have a pack at home, particularly if I am in anyway emotional. So I will try to cut these foods out from my shopping list for a while. I've a couple of protein bars at work that I will finish up this week as part of my lunch but then will focus on supplementing my protein intake with the protein shakes I have at home instead.
  • conniewilkins56
    My goal today is make it thru one more day one hour at a time...stay focused and remember how strong I am and how much I want to be fit and healthy...I want to be more active and live longer....be happy,kind and patient...be thankful for what I have and try not to worry about things I have no control over...
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    1) Heal and Be happy
    2) Walk a mile - done. I am not allowed to do more right now.
    3) Work half a day
    4) Get some more clothes ordered

To 4 if anyone knows of a good online source for second-hand clothes for men let me know. I found swap.com and I will be trying it today. Since I was not sure what my size would be post-op I have held off on buying clothes for too long. Once I make another donation run my closet will pretty much empty.
  • jim_pipkin
    jim_pipkin Posts: 82 Member
    Today's goals are to work hard, eat healthy, and stay positive. Oh, and to count every single calorie like the butt-expanding li'l bastid it is!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    NovusDies wrote: »
    1) Heal and Be happy
    3) Work half a day

To 4 if anyone knows of a good online source for second-hand clothes for men let me know. I found swap.com and I will be trying it today. Since I was not sure what my size would be post-op I have held off on buying clothes for too long. Once I make another donation run my closet will pretty much empty.

Have your tried browsing ebay? I don't know what it's like for Men's clothes but I got some great women's stuff before. Some of the larger charity stores have online stores in the UK/Ireland, I imagine it would be the same wherever you are.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Daily goals this week:

> 8000 Steps per day :)Mon - 19394
    > 7 Hours sleep per day :)Mon - To bed at 11:15pm/Up at 7:45am
    > Better sleep hygiene :)Mon - No phone before bed, did meditation & yoga too
    > Meditation :)Mon - following a guided meditation course on changing habits
    > Gratitude Journal :)Mon - Done
    > Stop giving in to binge trigger foods - no pizza, no crisps, no chocolate bars and no cheese outside of what's in recipes for meals :)Mon - Planned food eaten, didn't do any shopping or eat any additional snacks.

• conniewilkins56
    My goal today is to make it thru another day!...one hour at a time,one day at a time...be understanding and patient with my husband who is in so much pain from RA....smile and be cheerful....do some chores around the house and fix a delicious dinner...take a few minutes to be thankful for the blessings I have...be happy
  • NovusDies
    1) Heal and Be happy
    3) Work half a day

Productive day yesterday. The goals are the same today and the walk is already done. I ordered a good sampling of clothes yesterday. Walking is a hassle because my walking pants are XL and I need large now so I will be placing an order for them today.

I will check out ebay.
  • katy9599
    katy9599 Posts: 874 Member
    Today I will:

1) stay within my calories

2) eat at least 4 servings of veggies (I’ve mostly focused on eating LESS to lose weight, but I’m starting to focus on eating BETTER for overall health)

3) walk at least 3 miles
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    @NovusDies I don't know of any online thrift stores, but I'll probably drop in at a local thrift store this weekend. I've avoided shirts/pants for a long time (yay for dresses!), but I'm thinking I'd like to give it a go. but, anything I get now may be too big down the line, so I'd prefer not to spend too much.

my main goal for the day is to enjoy this amazing, nearly 70 degree day! the plan is a group bike ride in search of tacos--it's Tuesday after all.
  • NovusDies
    amkita wrote: »
    @NovusDies I don't know of any online thrift stores, but I'll probably drop in at a local thrift store this weekend. I've avoided shirts/pants for a long time (yay for dresses!), but I'm thinking I'd like to give it a go. but, anything I get now may be too big down the line, so I'd prefer not to spend too much.

my main goal for the day is to enjoy this amazing, nearly 70 degree day! the plan is a group bike ride in search of tacos--it's Tuesday after all.

I want to take a bike ride that ends in tacos!!

I need more clothes in this round even though I am not done losing. I can finally be much more active and I don't look like a weird blob monster anymore so I can look semi-decent too.

I am kind of reeling from some clothes that I bought and I never wore because of the previously mentioned blobness. That was a lot of money wasted so cost savings are important right now.

This time last week I owned exactly one shirt and one pair of shorts that actually fit me and I HATED the shirt. lol.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Daily goals this week:

> 8000 Steps per day :)Tues - 13703
    > 7 Hours sleep per day :)Tues - To bed at 11:30pm/Up at 8:00am
    > Better sleep hygiene :)Tues - No phone before bed, did meditation & yoga too
    > Meditation :)Tues - following a guided meditation course on changing habits
    > Gratitude Journal :)Tues - Done
    > Stop giving in to binge trigger foods - no pizza, no crisps, no chocolate bars and no cheese outside of what's in recipes for meals :/Tues - Could have been better, I didn't buy pizza but did have a couple of slices from boyfriends cold pizza yesterday, not a binge reaction though

• amkita

great success! 19 mile ride, mostly on bike paths, including a 2 mile stretch over a lake--it's a boardwalk-style path at that point. several pairs of sandhill cranes flew over as we passed, and I saw bunches of Canada geese taking a break in a field. with the cooler temperatures, getting outside and moving feels so great. I hope you all are getting to enjoy some lovely autumn weather. 🍂
  • NovusDies

great success! 19 mile ride, mostly on bike paths, including a 2 mile stretch over a lake--it's a boardwalk-style path at that point. several pairs of sandhill cranes flew over as we passed, and I saw bunches of Canada geese taking a break in a field. with the cooler temperatures, getting outside and moving feels so great. I hope you all are getting to enjoy some lovely autumn weather. 🍂

As always I am super jealous of you.
  • amkita

As always I am super jealous of you.

you'll be biking soon! 🚲