> Accurate Logging :)Thurs - All foods logged
    > 1 Meditation Session per day :)Thurs - Sleep Story
    > Complete Gratitude Journal :)Thurs - Gratitude Journal completed

Weekly:
    1 of 2 Strength Training Sessions done.
    2 of 3 Yoga Sessions done.

• katy9599
    katy9599 Posts: 874 Member
    @tinkerbellang83 I love that you include a gratitude journal in your goals! And sleep and meditation, too.

My goals have been very narrowly focused on calorie deficits and weight loss, but I’ve been struggling with stress and some bigger life issues. I think adding a gratitude journal and yoga/meditation would help me find a better balance. Thanks! If one of your goals today is to help a new friend, give yourself a smilie face. :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    katy9599 wrote: »
    @tinkerbellang83 I love that you include a gratitude journal in your goals! And sleep and meditation, too.

My goals have been very narrowly focused on calorie deficits and weight loss, but I’ve been struggling with stress and some bigger life issues. I think adding a gratitude journal and yoga/meditation would help me find a better balance. Thanks! If one of your goals today is to help a new friend, give yourself a smilie face. :)

I used to have only weight loss goals but quickly realised that the scale doesn't always reflect adherence to my plan and that doesn't mean I am doing anything wrong, it's just masked by fluctuations in the short term, so I now focus more on the stuff that helps me keep to the calorie deficit.

Stress and poor sleep are two of my biggest triggers for binge-eating so it makes sense for me to prioritise them in my goals.

The gratitude diary helps to ground me a bit when I have had a bad day as I have to go out of my way to think what has been at least one positive thing that has happened or that I am thankful for.

I use the calm app for meditation and it has several categories for Guided Meditation, including Sleep, Anxiety and Emotions, so some of the suggestions in it have been very helpful in dealing with stress without reaching for the fridge.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    I love your updates @tinkerbellang83
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    jjlewey wrote: »
    Goals for this week:
    Meal prep everyday for work: M-F😎
    12k step average for the week: 11kish🏃‍♂️
    7hr sleep average: just under 7 😴
    3 days at the gym: 🤬 I promise to be better
    Enjoy the forward momentum!

• maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Today's goal was just to stick with the program. And I did it. Had 150 calories left over. I'll bank those for later...or not. Great feeling to get over the despondency of not seeing the scales move but keeping on logging and moving. Walked 5.2km. In the rain too so I reckon I get bonus points for that😝
  • tinkerbellang83

Daily:
    > 8000 Steps per Day :)Fri - Sun done Avg Daily Step 10k+
    > 7 Hours Sleep per night :)Fri - Sun plenty of sleep
    > 60 mins no phone before bed :)Fri - Sun done
    > Accurate Logging :)Fri - Sun done
    > 1 Meditation Session per day :)Fri - Sun done
    > Complete Gratitude Journal :) Fri - Sun completed

Weekly:
    2 of 2 Strength Training Sessions done + 25km river row on Sunday.
    3 of 3 Yoga Sessions done.

Goals for this week:
    > 8000 Steps per Day
    > 60 Mins no phone before bed
    > 1 Meditation Session per day
    > Complete Gratitude Journal
    > Complete Beck Diet Solution To Do List (keeping a thread in my weigh in group for this)
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Goals for this week:
    -Hit all 6 programmed workouts.

1 down. 5 to go.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    For the week:

1) Heal and be happy
    2) Determine if I am ready to transition back to losing until I am cleared for exercise so 4 or 5 deficit days this week.
    3) 9k+ steps on any day I feel up to it.
    4) Try to limit to 12k steps on days I feel too good. I start treatment on my knee in 2 weeks so another lesson in patience I suppose.
    5) Hope that not one more thing adds to my required patience because it might send me over the edge.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Goals for this week:
    > 8000 Steps per Day Mon :) 10,927
    > 60 Mins no phone before bed Mon :)
    > 1 Meditation Session per day Mon :)
    > Complete Gratitude Journal Mon :)
    > Complete Beck Diet Solution To Do List (keeping a thread in my weigh in group for this) Mon :)
    1 of 3 Yoga Sessions

• maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    maybe1pe wrote: »
    Goals for this week:
    -Hit all 6 programmed workouts.

1 down. 5 to go.

3 down... 3 to go.

I almost skipped yesterday too because I was so tired when I got home but I went and got it done anyways and I'm so glad I did!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Goals for this week:
    > 8000 Steps per Day Tues :) 12,053
    > 60 Mins no phone before bed Tues :)
    > 1 Meditation Session per day Tues :)
    > Complete Gratitude Journal Tues :)
    > Complete Beck Diet Solution To Do List (keeping a thread in my weigh in group for this) Tues :)
    1 of 3 Yoga Sessions
    1 of 2 Strength Training

• tinkerbellang83
    Goals for this week:
    > 8000 Steps per Day Weds :/ 5704
    > 60 Mins no phone before bed Weds :/
    > 1 Meditation Session per day Weds :)
    > Complete Gratitude Journal Weds :)
    > Complete Beck Diet Solution To Do List (keeping a thread in my weigh in group for this) Weds :/
    1 of 3 Yoga Sessions
    1 of 2 Strength Training

Not a great day yesterday, but not terrible.

Steps were lower than planned, I got my flu jab yesterday and felt a bit woozy in the afternoon so accepted a lift home from work.

I did use my phone briefly, after a daft conversation with my boyfriend I used it to show him The Pink Panther show, I don't think it particularly made much difference to my evening as it wasn't a stress inducing experience and I slept quite well.

Work was extremely busy this week so worked through my lunch break yesterday to ensure I am out of here on time on Friday for my Bank Holiday travel plans.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    To be patient.....this 3 pound gain is making me nuts....
    Be kind to myself and others....
    Smile....
    Appreciate the progress I have made....
    Begin thinking about long term goals ...
    Enjoy the day...
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    I'm with you on the patience, @conniewilkins56

haven't had any downward movement on the scale in a week and a half, which I keep reminding myself isn't all that long, but man... it tests my patience for sure.

other goals for the day: skip the alcohol (lots of social gatherings this weekend, need to reset), do some work-week planning so I can get ahead on grading this week, 10k steps (40% there!), under 1700 calls would be great too.
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    amkita wrote: »
    other goals for the day: skip the alcohol (lots of social gatherings this weekend, need to reset), do some work-week planning so I can get ahead on grading this week, 10k steps (40% there!), under 1700 calls would be great too.

managed to hit all these goals, yay! the scale is still refusing to budge, but I'm feeling pretty great so I'm going to focus on that.

• conniewilkins56
    Good job!
  • tinkerbellang83
    p2z2d7l58oio.png

Short on steps the last 2 days as had car from work, averaging 7175 per day so far.
    Sleeping well, spent last night sorting out my meal planner, positivity board, goal and did some meditation before bed.

Protein a little low this week so far, just ordered some more protein bars for my morning snacks instead of the fruit bars I've been eating the last week which should help bring me back up a bit.
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    To stop overeating. Have really had an issue with this over the past couple of weeks.
  • conniewilkins56
    My goal is to continue like I am, one day at a time and some days one hour at a time....today I need strength to deal with all of the “ crazy” in our house!