Replies

• vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for sun icy 21
    Tracked no
    Calories ?
    Exercise yes

Went to the state fair yesterday. I didn’t track but I also didn’t go crazy at the fair. We ate a really good breakfast before we left. The four of us split a funnel cake and then I split some loaded tater tots with the hubby. Plus we were there for over 5 hours. So lots of walking around. I think I did ok
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    @143tobe I'm in central Texas. It's 82 here. Air conditioning is a must here, as is heat. Our hottest this summer was 115. We usually hit single digits in the winter.

I love the heat, but not for running. I can ride all day in the heat, but running just takes it out of me. I used to love to run half marathons, now I'm more focused on cycling for all sorts of reasons.

You rock, btw. I love your posts and inspiration!!
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Monday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

I need a vacation!😱
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Not good news about your scale but excited to hear about your new WOE plan! Do you mean you will be eating more on your eating days, but that in general your total calories will be lower for the week? You are really experienced at fasting so if anyone can do ADF, it's you. I' really hoping you end of loving it and that it's gives you the results you are hoping for.

@143tobe I will be adjusting, my eating days a bit higher, but overall I will be down for the week so over the week my deficit should yield me the desired amount of lbs lost, and so far today hasn't been nearly as bad as I imagined. I am on my 3rd cup of broth, but it's helping. And my workouts went very well and I am going to go to bed early today because I was up most of the night with stupid thunderstorms and I'm tired so I should make it pretty good for day 1. Already excited about breakfast :smile:
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in
    Oct 21
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

October: Week #3

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 179.7
    CW: 182.5

Ugh!! Gained all I lost last week. I really need to re-focus.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Oct 21 check-in
    Tracked yes
    Calories WAY OVER...by 900 calories 😳😳😳 Emotional eating 101😔😔😔
    Exercise no ...only 5700 steps. I got up early to the office only to come home to nap bc of possibly having to work all night. It's thrown my entire day off.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: walking

Steps for 10/21-12648
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise: Daily Burn: 18890 steps
    Comments: Yesterday was my birthday so my son's family had a chocolate cake and sushi for me, I had made a shrimp and butternut squash recipe, pasta for my husband and he brought home a cake and spinach pies. Despite this, I lost weight!
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Comments: Yesterday was my birthday so my son's family had a chocolate cake and sushi for me, I had made a shrimp and butternut squash recipe, pasta for my husband and he brought home a cake and spinach pies. Despite this, I lost weight!

Even though this message
    comes to you a little late,
    the wish it brings for happiness
    is good on any day date!

🌷. Belated Happy birthday!🌷🌷🌷
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Track yes
    Calories yes

Happy Birthday
  • AB0215
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

October: Week #3

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 179.7
    CW: 182.5

Ugh!! Gained all I lost last week. I really need to re-focus.

@CindyJNC1963 At the risk of sounding like a broken record.....this is normal and part of the process, and you'll be back down in no time!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Good afternoon team!

I know I'm probably the worst here checking in. But I read all posts and you all motivate me. October will be my last month on this team. I might be back December of you'll have me( @AB0215 ) November I will be on vacation, and Thanksgiving.
    This team/ challenge has been my driving force since I joined. I couldn't let the team down so I always lost. I wanted to share some stats this challenge has helped me get to.

First month I joined May 2019
    Started at 201lbs

This month October 2019
    Expected weigh in 149

6 months
    Lost 25.87% of my body weight
    That's an average of 8.66lbs/ month
    2lbs/ week

I went from a size 18 pants to a 8/10
    Size 2xl shirt to a M

Looking at these stats I could cry. It's amazing what a little motivation from others can do.
    Thank you everyone here!
    @cydneebauman You've done in an incredible job and it IS worth mentioning again how just a little encouragement from others can really help get you there....and that's a lot of what this challenge is really about. It's a support group and a challenge. We'd be happy to have you back whenever you're ready to return. Enjoy your time off and you earned it!! Great job!
  • AB0215
    Options
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    The last 2 months have been awful. I can’t seem to get back on track. Between 3 deaths in my family and my husband being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes (went to ER and his glucose level was 876!) I can’t seem to get focused on my own health.

@tdrjustus3 It is EXTREMELY difficult to focus on yourself when so many close to you are needing you, but it's still important to take care of yourself as you can't help others if you're not in a position to do so. So as tough as it is, you do still need to take some time and focus on you, so you can be as healthy as you can be to help others that need you.
  • jeapri17
    jeapri17 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Monday
    jeapri17
    October: Week 3

PW: 166
    CW: 166
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 60 mins weight training, 30 mins elliptical, 20 mins treadmill and 10 mins stair climber.

Comments: Day 1 was definitely a success, and thanks to @143tobe for reminding me that I am capable. Had a great workout because I was reminded that I am strong and I can do it, which is why sharing this journey is so great, just a little encouragement can go a long way.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Exercise: Yes but very little. I did 20 minutes walking dog & a 10 minute bike ride

Comments: Completed my fast. 41 hours in total and I am feeling so much better. I wanted to end it at 40 hours with a keto coffee but I was too busy in the morning before work to get a chance to prepare my coffee so I had to break my fast at lunch time. Although I walked my dog and rode my bike to work, I still consider that a rest day and I feel like having two rest days has really helped.

***Above I commented about restricting calories too much being detrimental to one's health, while here I am restricting completely with a fast. Just wanted to add that there is evidence that fasting from time to time can be beneficial to one's health. From gut health, increasing autophagy and stimulating stem cell production in one's body. The list goes on. It is for these reasons I fast when I do.

I agree fasting from time to time is extremely recommended to refuel your body through a detoxifying stage. Although this method is highly recommended for individual by individual as long as it is not over abused. I know you feel a lot better and ENERGIZED 💪🏾💪🏾👍🏾👍🏾😍
  • AB0215
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »

***Above I commented about restricting calories too much being detrimental to one's health, while here I am restricting completely with a fast. Just wanted to add that there is evidence that fasting from time to time can be beneficial to one's health. From gut health, increasing autophagy and stimulating stem cell production in one's body. The list goes on. It is for these reasons I fast when I do.

I agree fasting from time to time is extremely recommended to refuel your body through a detoxifying stage. Although this method is highly recommended for individual by individual as long as it is not over abused. I know you feel a lot better and ENERGIZED 💪🏾💪🏾👍🏾👍🏾😍

@143tobe @gjaholy33 Fasting is generally different than straight calorie restriction and has many benefits, helps with the hunger hormones, increases autophagy, etc and isn't necessarily recommended for everyone. It can also be beneficial in that it is naturally restricting calories and helps you tap into stored fat, but you do want to be careful when you are fasting to re-fuel your body when you're eating again, and it is something to consider carefully. You do need to pay special attention to what you're eating when you're eating, and that is extremely important. One big benefit of fasting is that you use your stored fuel while you're fasting (which is typically your fat reserves) and you can also break down old dead skin and other cells which helps to reduce excess loose skin resulting from weight loss.
    It is important to note that you shouldn't use fasting as a way to drop a lot of weight fast, but if you're fasting for other health benefits, then it can be a useful tool in your healthy toolbox.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Exercise: Yes - 30 minutes walk/jog treadmill

Comments: I'm so lost on my daily updates. I had to start work an hour early today and it's totally thrown me off. Anyways, Monday was good. It's Tuesday night now so I'll update that one in the morning.
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

Comments: Day 1 was definitely a success, and thanks to @143tobe for reminding me that I am capable. Had a great workout because I was reminded that I am strong and I can do it, which is why sharing this journey is so great, just a little encouragement can go a long way.

This is awesome! So happy you had a great start. But I knew you would do it ;)
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Track yes
    Carbs: yes
    Exercise: no
    Comments: well I have pneumonia and my back is in so much pain I had to leave work last night. I just don't know what I'm gonna do anymore. Just hope this all gets better soon
This discussion has been closed.