LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Sounds like you guys had a great Halloween 🎃🦇👍 Does aromatherapy helps you with your sleep? Have you tried it? If you eat within your TDEE, you will be fine👍
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Oh alcohol.. you devilish *kitten*.
    Hangover this morning. Not too bad, but still making me want to go curl up until it passes.
    I did have a little more popcorn last night (DH wanted some), like 2 more coffees, 3 caramel MnMs, and 1 bite size snickers.
    Had the snickers first, but it was extremely disappointing so drunk me wanted something else so I had the 3 MnMs. Yay for some self control! lol

No aromatherapy. Well, we used to have a thing to put essential oils in, but haven't done that in years.
  • jadepearl
    Sorry to hear about your hangover❤️

May be you can try these?
    The Best Essential Oils for Sleep
    Lavender Oil (Plant Therapy)
    Valerian Oil (Healing Solutions)
    Clary Sage (Edens Garden)
    Sweet Marjoram (Healing Solutions)
    Roman Chamomile (Aviano Botanicals)
    Bergamot (NOW Solutions)
  • jadepearl
    Or may be these?
    9 Natural Sleep Aids That Are Backed by Science:
    Melatonin. Share on Pinterest. ...
    Valerian Root. Valerian is an herb native to Asia and Europe. ...
    Magnesium. Magnesium is a mineral involved in hundreds of processes in the human body, and is important for brain function and heart health. ...
    Lavender. ...
    Passion Flower. ...
    Glycine.

Apologies if I am being too nosy...just breaks my heart that you are not sleeping well 😴♥️ My Mom takes Melatonin and she swears by it.
  • LiLee2018
    I take melatonin. It definitely helps me get to sleep, but doesn't help keep me asleep. I also take magnesium too. :)
  • jadepearl
    Really hope the Doc can find a solution🙏🤞
  • LiLee2018
    Things are going good here. Still retaining water, but overall don't feel too shabby :)
    Helps that inlaws took the boys so I'm home aaaaalll alone. Sweet peace lol.

Slight NSV- bought my first pair of size MEDIUM sweat pants... in womens!
    I'm usually still an XL or large in women's clothes. Bought a size large in these sweat pants since they were stretchy and all that and they were a bit loose and baggy which was fine and super comfy. Decided to get another pair and got a medium and they fit great! YAY :)

Food has been good. I haven't tracked again since Friday, but back to it again today!
    Just feeling good and positive this morning. Even though we got woken up by dog poop and I didn't get back to sleep for an hour after... I still feel ok this morning :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    That is so awesome.....I love love love smaller clothes!!!! I just packed up about three bags ful of large/xlarge clothes from last year to donate ----all totally HUGE on me now and I am loving the new options with smaller clothes...

What is your fave melatonin to take?? I have heard the gummies are good---I need to try something.....
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NSV!!!!
  • jadepearl
    I love buying smaller clothes as its a HUGE indication that I have loss weight :+1: You go, gf!
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks yall :)

vol- I like the chewable tablets. Natrol chewable strawberry flavored ones. I do have gummy ones too, but prefer tablets. Just seems to work better for me I think. The flavor of them isn't that great. Has the strawberry flavor, but with this taste of aspirin to it too. I take a 10mg dose though so that might be why there's that weird taste to it.

Food yesterday

Rotisserie chicken
    salad w/ hard boiled eggs, leftover steak, etc
    low carb yogurt
    2 coffees
    serving of lily's chocolate chips

total calories.... about 1600-1800

I totally forgot to weigh the chicken before eating it. It was A LOT though so I guesstimated how much it was. I could be way off or on point.
    My appetite has just been all about wanting more meat lately. The week where i tried lower calories for the first time. Was perfectly happy eating majority veggies. Last week, still ok eating a lot of veggies.
    This week? Give me all the meat please!
    /shrugs
    I'm going to try to keep it lower calories today. May only be at my goal deficit range, but I'll be totally fine with that.

• volgirl1322
    You are doing great. There have been times when I have wanted/needed more meat too kinda odd, but sometimes yep gotta have it......

Keep up the good work ---you will get there!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    You've been nice and consistent babe, so you're on track!!! You might be craving protein or iron or something?
  • jadepearl
    Hang in there, gf! You are doing really well :+1: For me, when my body craves for something, I will eat it and satisfy my cravings. If not, I will start grazing and before I know it, I will be eating every single thing in sight. So, eat what I need to satisfy my cravings and I am all good! :)
  • LiLee2018
    So I forgot to log everything yesterday. Oops.
    Started off well. Logged my coffees and then pfffft.
    Granted I was kind of distracted.
    Father-in-law brought boys back home and I had to take the youngest to gymnastics, then I had to get daughter later and take her to her doc appointment.
    THEN for dinner, I had to fix the wings in 2 batches. DH got the first batch and I got the 2nd and we were watching a movie w/ the kids during so I was in a hurry to sit back down to watch it lol.
    So yeah... NO idea what calories were yesterday.
    Busy busy day and just didn't remember after the coffees.
    I was probably close to or at my TDEE but I shouldn't have been over.
    I'm not worried about it tbh.

I am going to try to remember logging everything today though. Fixing some slow cooker pulled pork for tonight and it already smells great in here.
    May fix some jalapeno poppers too since those peppers need to be fixed before they go bad.

Everything has been good here though. Just sorta chugging along right now and giving in to my need for meat! lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    Nice steady progress, you're in the groove!!!
  • volgirl1322
    you are doing great!!!
  • LiLee2018
    I remembered to track everything! WOO! lol

2 coffees
    hard salami slices
    1 low carb tortilla w/ leftover steak and boars head chipotle mayo
    2 low carb spinach tortilla shells w/ slow cooker pork, lettuce, sour cream, hot sauce, onion
    Lily's dark chocolate chips
    Lily's semi-sweet chocolate chips

Total calories, 1100-1200

The steak has been calling to me so decided to have some of it too lol.
    All very yummy!
    I need to start drinking more water again too. It's been lacking recently and I haven't had nearly enough the last week.
  • LiLee2018
    Rambling a bit b/c I'm home alone :)

Lordy I have been craving spicy or BBQ pork rinds since yesterday. Was going to stop at store on the way home from gymnastics, but boys were grumpy and tired so didn't.
    I'm going to wally world tomorrow for storage bins and if I don't completely forget (which has happened.. frequently), I'll pick some up. Nomnomnomnom I want!
    OOOO and it's supposed to be getting nice and chilly this Friday and onward and I can't wait!! Going to try making some keto hot chocolate and snuggle up in a warm blanket. It's going to be so so nice!

This house needs a MAJOR cleaning. It's SO messy and cluttered up and I'm finally tired of it. Reason why I'm getting storage bins. Get some proper bins for the toys and school work and knickknacks. Going to put up crap that has been sitting in the way for years. CLEAN THIS MOFO! lol
    I had to keep it clean when we had the houseguests for a month and then it went to hell and back after that lol. I didn't want to do anything to keep it tidy and yeah... it's my fault for letting it get this bad.
    Time to get it clean AND organized!
    I'd really like to have a home that people could look in and ya know... NOT see junk everywhere :P
    I keep telling my kids that Santa won't come in to a messy house... lol.. that's my good mom moment to get them to clean up. Lots of whining still, but they do it at least :D

• jadepearl
    You are doing great, gf! Keep up the good work! :) The only time I can clean my house is on Sundays as I work with DH from Mon - Sat at our shop. Thankfully, my kids are old enough to help out during weekly house cleaning :+1: I have cravings for kimchi noodles and I will have this for my OMAD today :)