LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I am with you Lisa. I don't have 60 pounds to lose, but this last 20 pounds is being quite difficult. I have allowed too many compromises to derail me. I did it before, I just need to hunker down and get it done again and then be diligent in maintenance to keep it off.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Lisa - I've just straight up accepted that exercise will ALWAYS be my demon LMAO I just CANT WAHHHHHHHHH

That's an AWESOME story! The baguette rescuer!!! WOOT WOOT! Don't ya just love it when the universe reminds you that people are ok sometimes :)

Ced has been having digestive issues as well, so I ordered him some enzymes - they're supposed to be here today, so we'll see if they work...I'm pretty sure he has IBS - his stomach is upset every one day LOL
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    misty- Oh I hope the enzymes help him. Might as well give them a shot and cross your fingers :)

Lady- Yeah I can imagine the last 10, 20, hell, even 30lbs are hella annoying and frustrating. I look forward to eventually getting to that point though :)

Just sort of chugging along on keto autopilot right now.
    I OMAD some days (well OMAD w/ my coffee) and some days I just IF and some days I just eat.
    Not going to go binge eat or anything before the new year, but also feels sorta like.. meh when it comes to doing anything drastic before the holidays.
    Lol.
    I'm certainly not giving up, BUT right now.... I just... I don't want to do anything dramatic. I know it's going to come in January and I'm going to have to commit to being strict again, so right now.... I'm fine just being keto... sometimes OMAD, sometimes IF, sometimes not.
    It sorta feels like I'm giving up though? But also like I'm not? I dunno. Having mixed feelings right now lol.
    I think for now, I'm going to actively try to reduce my portion sizes more. At least for the higher cal foods, but other than that... meh.
    Dang, it does sound like I'm giving up, but I'm not! I promise! lol
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Don't be so hard on yourself, gf <3 You have learnt what you can do and what you will not do again and this will help you a lot in your journey towards your GW :) I know how you feel coz even though I can see the finish line, I also know this stubborn body of mine ain't going to let me reach my GW any time soon :( So, keep getting back up onto the wagon and you will see the results no matter how slow it shall be :) Stay strong <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I think you have to be mentally ready to do whatever you do. If you are at the stage now where you don't want any certain plan --then don't have a plan. maybe you should just have a plan of being "mindful".....Like ---okay yeah I am going to have a cookie, but just one, not 10.......I have had times like that before where I didn't have a set OMAD or IF or whatever I just wanted to be mindful of what I ate and make better choices......whatever you do, we are here for you and you will get there, in your own time......

DOn't be hard on yourself!!!! Be kind to you......you are fabulous :)
  • LiLee2018
    Yep. I'm not getting off this wagon anytime soon. Also just not doing anything to try to get it to go faster for the last 2 months of 2019 and I am cool with that :)

Dinner last night was chicken wings and jalapeno poppers. Also had some hard salami slices, 2 low carb yogurts and some lily's dark chocolate chips. Not too bad I think :)
    A decent amount of wings, but not over the top. Same for everything else too.

And yep. I can tell I'm a bit bloated, but AF is delayed again this month for whatever reason and I know it's probably b/c of that and maybe b/c of all the yogurt I've been having and the change in my digestion from it.

In other news.... Couple more decorations have been put up!
    Waiting to put up lights. Someone *coughhusbandcough* cheaped out last year and didn't buy proper outdoor extention cords so whenever it rained, the lights always flipped off outside :neutral:
    So waiting until probably tomorrow to go buy proper outdoor cords and get all of the lights set up soon after... if it's not raining.
    Here's what I have up so far though!
    ldmu8pj9omwq.jpg

Have our outdoor disney decorations setup in the house. Just waiting for those cords :)
  • volgirl1322
    OMG OMG so cute.....totally doing mine in a little while......just needs to warm up some.....so ready for it!!!
  • jadepearl
    OMG...that's so pretty <3 Will you be having a big Santa Claus on your roof top too? Your DS is as busy as an elf helper... so cute <3
  • LiLee2018
    Lol no. Neither hubby or myself would be brave enough to put anything on the roof.
    We do have more to put out though so stay tuned!

Ok so I think the yogurt thing might be working too well. Or it could also be bc my meals were very meat heavy this week.
    I haven't gone in 3 days. The heck?
    Last time that happened I had just had my last baby and post partem constipation is no joke lol.

Coffee hasn't even been giving me the urge to go either which is unusual.

I just had some fresh kimchi today though so maybe that will get things going.
    Fresh kimchi usually doesn't bother me too much. Once it ferments though.... Well... That's just a whole new monster.

Anyway... Been a dreary few days but I am loving the colder weather!
    Warming up though. Only going to be slightly cool fall weather for a little bit but I'll take that over summer sweltering any day.

Thinking about possibly getting some sort of Fitbit and walking. Uuuugh just thinking about it makes me tired but if not for me, I know my boys would enjoy it.
  • jadepearl
    edited November 2019
    So sorry to hear that you haven't gone for 3 day :( For me, I have been having diarrhea today:( If you go online, you can get something like a Fitbit but way cheaper. If you want to go on Wish, Steph can help you on that. My kids got me this smart watch for around AUD$10 and it does help me to see how many calories I burn per day.

nvmqovejxgrw.jpg

Can't wait to see more Christmas decor <3
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah I don't want anything too expensive. My husband has a pretty nice one, but it also cost about $70? I think and that was on sale. I don't want anything too much just in case it goes to waste... :P rofl
    Will have to check out what's out there.

Finally not raining out. Put out the lights around the door. Debating if I want to do the windows outside too. Not even sure we have enough lights for that lol.

While we don't live in a bad neighborhood, I'm so afraid people are going to steal our Disney decorations lol. We've never had that problem, but ya never know. Some people suck sometimes.
    Will have to plug everything up asap to at least make it a little more difficult for anyone wanting to get sticky fingers.

Yall... Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK! Wasn't it just the first of the month like.. last week?? lol
  • volgirl1322
    Hoping your tummy is felling better :) soon.........I got my trees up this weekend and the inside of the house done, but not the outside yet.....hopefully this weekened for that......

I know ---i think xmas is like 38 days a way :) LOL
  • LiLee2018
    Yay Christmas tree! :)
    Ever since we got a real tree, that's all I want.
    Yep.... I'm spoiled now. They're messy, but I love them! Just have to wait until after Thanksgiving to get on since there aren't any for sale yet. Already have the spot cleaned up for it. :)

Raining again today. BOOO, but I did get up a few more thing.
    Yall are going to get bombarded with a lot more Christmas stuff as I keep getting it all up slowly! MUAHAHAHA lol
    It's not even that I'm like some masterful designer that has magazine worthy decorations. I just like them all and want to share our cheesy little setups :)

Not sure if it's all in their final spots, but it's ok for now
    181byngriw8w.jpg
    d8c6w8ekhey5.jpg

The glare makes it look a lot brighter than it is lol.

I still have a lot more lights and inflatables and whatnot to put out. It's all coming together though. :)

And AF has finally started aaand my weight reflected the usual bloat this moring at 180.6. Good lord at least I hope it's hormonal bloating.

I'm definitely going to be looking forward to getting some better results next year. I may not actually reach my ultimate goal (very unlikely actually), but I'm gonna try damn hard! :)

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    OMG your decorations are AWESOME!!! So jeal!!! Still haven't broken down and done anything - plus we're at the end of a cul de sac WAYYYYYYYYYYY at the back of our complex so it'd probs be wasted anyway.

If you need a cheap Fitbit type thing go with Wish - but let me know BEFORE YOU DO bec if you use my referral you'll get free Wish bucks :) I got my new one for 5 bucks plus like 3 bucks shipping - I should be getting it this week so I'll report back on quality :)

• volgirl1322
    OMG OMG your decorations are so awesome!!!!! I can't wait to do (or have hubs help) with our outside!!! But the house, I love it.....we have fake trees so mine are up...I love real but they are so messy and I am a bit allergic.....but your house looks awesome!!!!! Love the disney door :)
  • LiLee2018
    OMG your decorations are AWESOME!!! So jeal!!! Still haven't broken down and done anything - plus we're at the end of a cul de sac WAYYYYYYYYYYY at the back of our complex so it'd probs be wasted anyway.

If you need a cheap Fitbit type thing go with Wish - but let me know BEFORE YOU DO bec if you use my referral you'll get free Wish bucks :) I got my new one for 5 bucks plus like 3 bucks shipping - I should be getting it this week so I'll report back on quality :)

Lol we're also at the very back of our neighborhood. Not in the actual cul de sac but right next to the one at the end of the road. Think it was 2 years ago, some neighbor in the neighborhood (don't think they lived on our street) was driving around in a golf cart with their kids to look at all the lights. I want to imagine we're bringing some holiday cheer for those that can't or just don't want to put up their own stuff :)
    My dream is to have the Griswold house from Christmas Vacation! ROFL Ok so maybe not that extreme but LOTS of decorations! :)

I will definitely take you up on that offer if I decide to get something from Wish. :)

• LiLee2018
    OMG OMG your decorations are so awesome!!!!! I can't wait to do (or have hubs help) with our outside!!! But the house, I love it.....we have fake trees so mine are up...I love real but they are so messy and I am a bit allergic.....but your house looks awesome!!!!! Love the disney door :)

Awww booo. That sucks that you're allergic :( Yeah they are super messy and require a lot of vacuuming for the needles, but it's a price I'm willing to pay ;) hehe

I want to get more indoor decorations. Really don't have much right now, just leftover things that can go up here and there. Might have to stock up on stuff after christmas for next year's decorations ;)
  • LiLee2018
    Food today has been pretty good.
    Pork rinds, yogurt, slow cooker pork w/ 2 low carb tortilla shells, etc.
    Helped that my mom came over and visited a bit and then inlaws came over to drop off my youngest and hung out a bit too so had plenty of distraction from eating.
    I'd really like something warm to drink, but it's bed time for me.
    Just going to curl up under my blanket and sleep.
    A little bloated and tired but overall.. not a bad day :)

Oh and DH and I picked our persimmon tree almost clean yesterday.
    We got SOOOO many. SO SO many. The tree only started fruiting last year.
    xgcwenbfofll.jpg
    1otekr5xxcna.jpg
    w6ctim8k05o7.jpg

The ones in the boxes still aren't ripe, but all the ones in the egg cartons were ripe or soft.
    I had to have one so ate one yesterday. Pure sugar. I know people make jam out of it, but there's no need to do anything special, just cut open a ripe one and smear it on a biscuit or toast. Voila.. all done lol. It already has that jam consistency when it's ripe.
    Anyway... my mom is the one that got us the tree to begin with... so she could eventually have free persimmons lol. And BOY was she happy today when she saw how many there were.

• LiLee2018
    I should've mentioned that you can't store the ripening ones stacked together b/c the leaves are extremely stiff and pointy and easily pierce the fruit once it starts to soften up. And you can't remove the leaves without ripping open the fruit. Bit of a pain but we had plenty of empty egg cartons :)

Ya know... there's some useless info for ya! lol
  • jadepearl
    I LOOOOOVE your Christmas decorations 🎄😘😍😍😍 OMG, amazing job, gf❤️😘 And the persimmons - to die for😍😍😍 If I stay around your area, I will be knocking at your door😁😁😁 It's so expensive here😣