Check in for Friday
    Logged yes and under
    Water 10 cups
    Exercise 75 minutes hot yoga
    Steps 2,351 😳😳😳
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Well still no star today. I’m still 2 away from my goal. I vividly remember how hard it was to drop those last 2 this summer. I really had to push hard. I may have to work to maintain and try again after thanksgiving. I know I can do it but it’s definitely a mind game and yes I still want it!
    Congratulations to all our losers this week!!!!
    @cafelelia welcome to the 140’s! What’s your goal?
    I am mostly wearing size 8 but I have 2 pairs of size 6 pants. Wore both this week. They fit great but I noticed when I ate a bagel, after lunch I noticed the difference in the waist band. It went away but it’s noticeable how carbs affect my body. Oh they are so tasty though.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:3
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:170.4
    Current weight:173.7
    +3.3🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello & Happy Saturday!😊

I’m at a loss for words with my weigh-in! I was good all week, I did a 26 hour fast yesterday, did an hour on the elliptical, and had over 25k steps! We went out for Hibatchi for dinner last night, I didn’t go crazy with my eating, I got the shrimp & chicken with the veggies, noodles & rice, I also had a few pieces of sushi. I’m not sure if it’s from the sodium, I don’t usually have an issue with water retention, but I don’t like salt or salty foods.

I really thought I was going to be back in the 160’s this week, I’m upset with the gain! I have plans this afternoon and this evening, both involving food of course. I woke up hungry, had a cup of chai tea & a roll with butter & jelly, so my day has already started off bad with my eating. I’m going to try to be very mindful of my eating the rest of the day. I’m going to get back on track!

I have to get ready to go out! I’ll be busy all day! I’ll check in tomorrow. Have a great day! 😊🤗
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Friday check in

Food - logged and on target
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - running around with 9 year olds all day

It was a busy day yesterday. I managed deal with the food part of it just fine and enjoyed having some birthday cake and a night out. The restaurant had healthy options which made it easy. I get 2 days off of hockey and then it is every evening next week and a tournament on the weekend. My prep tomorrow is really going to be critical and I may get started tonight if I can.

@kirsten11872 - Don’t let this discourage you and I love your determination! You did have a great week and the number on the scale is just one metric. There are so many reasons for a gain and you have hit on some of them. It could be that you are building more muscle too. Maybe look at other things like how your clothes are fitting, measurements, how you feel in general. I know first hand that a gain like this can defeat motivation, but don’t give up! The numbers will catch up (and go down) with your amazing efforts!

@Zumba_Luvah - You are doing great, congratulations! You have approached this in such a great way, being persistent and changing up your strategies as needed. You have been persistent and changed up your strategies as needed. It was not that long ago that you were at 199 and look how far you have come!

@Mrsbell8well - The mental side to this journey is key and you are doing great! You have come so far, so 2 lbs will not defeat you! My goal weight is 135 lbs. I am 5’3” and small boned, so it is a reasonable weight, and one that feels good on me. My clothing sizes have started to change, and based on past experience, the sizes go down quickly for me in the 140’s & 130’s. I have only clothes that fit me for casual clothes, so I need to buy some transitional pieces to get through the holidays. I kept a few different sizes in my business attire, as that part of my wardrobe is more costly. I will go through it in the new year and determine what I can keep and what I can donate.

@cyndiesstuff - Even though it was a seizure, it is good that the doctors determined what happened to Josh, so that can start to understand what is going on and how to treat him. Just amazing that you have taken care of yourself through all of this! You are in inspiration!

@sleepymom5 - You got in a workout on wedding day?! Way to go! Congratulations and hope that you have a wonderful day! After it is over, we would love to see you again in that beautiful dress!

@hope002 - Great day! I read in some of my fasting research that saunas and hot yoga have the same effect on a person as an intense workout. There is something in the heat that triggers this and scientists are studying it. So even if your steps were a bit low, your hot yoga likely gave you a huge boost!

@amytriesww - Omg, I am so sorry that you had that scary reaction to the testing. I hope that you are feeling better, and yes, take it easy and rest. Sending you a big hug!

@pacsnc6 - Way to stick with the water aerobics and enjoying the one cookie! It is time for Christmas cookies! I have to get on that after this intense hockey week. Can you give us the recipe for the Chocolate molasses cookies? I love baking with molasses.

@tryingagain5 - Congratulations on meeting your goals in week 3! I love your weekly summaries! What you say about the negative self talk is so true! We would not talk to other people that way. I always think, there is no way I would talk to my children that way, or anybody else for that matter!

@lennoncpa - Given your recent issues with hunger, it is an achievement that you maintained this week! Those weekly steps are so impressive!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    sy4xar2g5033.jpeg

Tomorrow we start November Week 4 and Thanksgiving is on Thursday!

Sunday
    @amytriesww
    @twyla77 (in Mexico, so maybe not weighing in?)

Monday
    @jedaschultz

Tuesday
    @phoebe112476

Wednesday
    @GingerPwr
    @tryingagain5

• Cafelelia
    Options
    With Thanksgiving coming for our US team members, let us know what your plans are? Are you staying on plan, enjoying certain favorite dishes, taking a break, maintaining? Also, please feel free to share any of your healthy food and self care tips and tricks.

Here are a few infographics to get started:

hr2dvqnqg5wh.jpeg
    w0if7mzt8b30.jpeg
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia This is a recipe my mother in law gave me many years ago. She made these for Christmas every year so I have no idea how old the recipe is.

half cup brown sugar, half cup shortening, one cup molasses, quarter cup very hot (not boiling) water, quarter pound cocoa, one large egg, half teaspoon ground cloves, half teaspoon cinnamon, one teaspoon baking soda, three to four cups flour

Cream sugar and shortening, mix in molasses and hot water, mix in cocoa and then egg. Add dry ingredients gradually, mixture will be very thick - I usually end up kneading by hand. Refrigerate for one hour or longer. Then roll about half inch thick on flour covered surface and cut shapes with cookie cutters. Bake on greased pan at 375 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes.

The cookies rise while baking and taste almost like cake. If you roll them thinner adjust baking time or they'll burn - a mistake I have made a few times.

Let me know if you try them and Enjoy!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 ohhhh yummy recipe. I’m going to see if I can make a vegan version
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    You're welcome! That's why we're here. To encourage each other. I'm glad I kind of stumbled onto this group. It's been helpful to me.

I asked my doctor once what he thought I should weigh. He refused to give me a number. His answer was basically the number on the scale doesn't matter. I want you to be healthy. He didn't want me fixating on a certain number and then doing unhealthy things just to get to that number.

So sorry about your friend.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well .
    Curious to know what you would substitute in the recipe. I don't do vegan but might try it for a change.
This discussion has been closed.